• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played for 2d18h and haven't gone in a raid. I want to, badly, but when I can sign onto destiny I is sporadic. I know nobody who plays videogames but I did just buy a headset and mic, so when I find 5 other people, I'm ready to rock.

I'm hoping tomorrow night after the kids go to bed but I bet the wife will want to watch some tv. Maybe after she goes to bed. We shall see.

(Boy matchmaking sure would be nice, because there is no way I'll have a group of 5 others just waiting around hoping the wife decides she is tired and done watching stupid Scandal. Just to hop right in, make a few introductions and bam, off we go. That would be perfect for me. But I realize, it's not all about me. )

I am in a similar boat. Due to job, wife and kids, I only have a couple nights a week where I can put in a couple of hours. I am lucky to squeeze in a daily here and there any other day. I usually have to play late at night at the expense of sleep to keep all the various parties happy.

I also have 0 real life friends to play with on Destiny. They're all PC gamers. Everyone I have joined up with in Raids or Weekly's has been on GAF or by using the LFG websites. It is a minor hurdle, but usually pretty quick. You can typically find a pickup Raid group for Normal in less than 20 minutes using the various methods.

HighOnPCP

Calling the Xur line-up again:

Titan: Helm of Saint-14
Hunter: Lucky Raspberry
Warlock: Sunbreakers
Weapon: Thunderlord
Engram (not sure if he's gonna sell engrams or exotic shards already but...) Helmet

Victrix

*beard*
Post here when you want to raid, use the group finding thread. You'll get a group in no time, and the normal mode raid is not a huge timesink if you have any vets with you. Ask in advance that you don't use any (particularly) cheesy strats, tackle the encounters for real and enjoy it, it's a fun experience.

Midas

Less than two days of work until the new raid. This is my personal Christmas.

Any people from the Nordics who want to raid 10 am CET on December 9th? I think our little raid team won't be full that early.

CLBridges

Last hard mode until new DLC and all shards/energy, oh and the sparrow for the 4th or 5th time. Plus, we needed one to finish Atheon and someone invited a guy from their friends-list.

He ended up being "that guy" during the raid. You know that guy that when you play with someone random and it's like they try their best to be very annoying during the process...we finished though :)

ocean

Banned
The only weapon I'd buy from the shady bastard today is Ballerhorn. There's a few others I don't have but none seem to be worth the price considering whatever he sells today will have an effective 7 Strange Coin tax sin you'll need to buy it an upgrade.

By getting the same weapon later it'll start at the higher base stat and save you those 7 Coins. Now that there will be new armor and weapons and each one will require additional 7 Coins for their final upgrade I value those coins a lot more.

I hope the level 30 Weekly bumps the amount we can get per week.

Sergoes

So after doing the Destiny raids for several months and going back to WoW for the new expac, I can honestly say I find VoG more enjoyable than the WoW raids. Anyone else have experience with both who feel similarly? There is definitely something to the Destiny sauce.

amar212

I don't think they ever stated officially. It was inferred from the only released image of a Xur sample inventory where the engram was replaced with a shard.

The real question is what will be bought by the Motes (except Barbie gowns at the SpeakerShop).

The PlanetDestiny continue to speculate about Osiris medals, but official Bungie never said anything about it coming.

I will hold the spending at the SpeakerShop for some more.

ocean

Banned
what's with vault space? never heard any complaints about it
:|
There isn't enough of it. Only 20 spots and there's 20 Exotic weapons right now. I use my level 9 Hunter as an extra Vault for Legendaries I don't wanna shard but have nowhere else to keep. If we get even more weapons now it'll be insane and force us to shard otherwise OK weapons just to make space.

HighOnPCP

Just did a super smooth no deaths gatekeeper + atheon hardmode run with an lfg group...FINALLY GOT IT

B4E-tYDIEAAfRx_.jpg:orig

I've heard stories of people being dicks in the LFG website it's bad enough with the only level 30 policy, not all are the same but it is a roll of the dice, plus what happens when one person disconnects/rage quits or quits when they see that 1 level 24 join, how does the game handle the checkpoint system, will you have to exit and start the raid from scratch just to get your 6 people through matchmaking again I'm just not seeing a matchmaking system be a smooth process for raids, it's infuriating enough playing skirmish with randoms.

In which case you could just not use it then. Let people who want use it worry about those things.
Why is your preference not to want to use matchmaking more important than the preference of those that do?

Rixa

I can see it now, the new Raid will be a cakewalk for a few groups that go in with all Maxed Vex Mythoclasts while the rest of us get wrecked.

Got Vex last weeks tuesday. Now it is almost maxed, only need to buy that shard from Xur. Its my only Exotic weapon that is upgraded (Plan C, Mida, PI). Somehow I feel "lucky" with upgrades.Ofc my Apostheosis Vail helmet is maxed.

I did also max Raid helmet. Now I can start to remax my Exotic helm (when Xur makes it possible) and my light level wont drop. I started maxing raid helmet due to AV being so f*cking ugly, good choice.

I have Thorn bounty to do (next step is to collect those 500 tears in moon). Littlebit scared about that Crucible part. Ive never played PVP in this game and my PVP gaming experience overall is very limited.

If I get it finished at somepoint, I wont return it before that DLC patch.

Steroyd

In which case you could just not use it then. Let people who want use it worry about those things.
Why is your preference not to want to use matchmaking more important than the preference of those that do?

It's not a preference, it's an opinion based on the current matchmaking system I've suffered through.

People might have a misrepresentation on thinking raids are shit and be put off by it if it's their first time or impatience if they run through it a number of times, hell if matchmaking happened with all the cheese pre-patch and that's all they knew they'd be under the wrongful impression of what a raid is overall.

CLBridges

I'm hoping Xur is not gonna sell a repeat and have either Hard Light or Thunderlord, don't have those yet (selfish I know). But most of all, please sell those heavy ammo synths for 1 strange coin, I'm so low on glimmer.

Happy Xursday! :(

Titan: Helm of Inmost Light s102
Hunter: Young Ahamkara Spine d95
Warlock: Light Beyond Nemesis s94
Weapon: Plan C :(
Exotic Shards

Telemetries: Pulse, HC, MG
Heavy synth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom