• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So engrams are definitely gone. I've been playing Raid, Tiger strikes, Nightfall and Weekly almost since the beginning, and I got my only Heart of the Praxic Fire from an exotic engram I bought on a week when I had only enough motes to afford just one. And now they go ahead and remove even that highly random avenue of progression.

Seriously, I don't get what's going on in their heads. What are motes for now? Only cosmetics from the Speaker? I already have the one's I wanted. What's worse is that lately all I've been getting from PE reward packages are motes.

CLBridges

Alright, got like 60 heavy ammo synths and total of 7 exotic shards with 50+ strange coins left, bring on Dark Below. Gonna use the rest of strange coins to add with what I'll get next week and see first-hand how Xur operates then.

Shito

I'm relieved they didn't sell a new or hotly anticipated Exotic now since it'd be doomed by a few days. I'd much rather get Horn next week to start with it at 302 than today I guess.
Problem is: next week probably won't be gjalla either. ^^
Would be funny to see Plan C for a third week...

CLBridges

I'm relieved they didn't sell a new or hotly anticipated Exotic now since it'd be doomed by a few days. I'd much rather get Horn next week to start with it at 302 than today I guess.

Yeah, you're right on that. Sell me Hard Light next week Xur with the new base attack, still want this weapon even with new exotics being introduced.

I got a Gjallarhorn from atheon this week and I leveled it cause I'm gonna probably need it for the blind raid run next week. I will have to redo everything once Xur has the upgrade for it but who knows when that will even happen. Bungie really made things complicated

So engrams are definitely gone. I've been playing Raid, Tiger strikes, Nightfall and Weekly almost since the beginning, and I got my only Heart of the Praxic Fire from an exotic engram I bought on a week when I had only enough motes to afford just one. And now they go ahead and remove even that highly random avenue of progression.

Seriously, I don't get what's going on in their heads. What are motes for now? Only cosmetics from the Speaker? I already have the one's I wanted. What's worse is that lately all I've been getting from PE reward packages are motes.
Yeah it's kinda weird that they removed exotic engrams. They served even more of a purpose now since it was a shard for 23 motes, which is reasonable.

I find it kind of insulting to be honest. When something might slow player progress they don't make a big deal about it (as seen with the exotic patch and the news that you'd have to re-level them), but if there is a chance an existing and established mechanic might be used to get bit of a headstart (Xur selling exotic engrams) it gets obliterated.

Sullichin

Hopefully they will let us use motes to reforge legendary weapons like we could with IB weapons.

adin75

I'll just save my coins this week I think, maybe drop a couple on heavy synths, burnt through what I had on the hard Templar (the real raid boss).

Razgreez

The more you want it the less chance you have of bungie giving it to you. Players need to start a MIDA Multi Tool campaign to attempt to fool bungie into thinking everybody is craving one and boom - ice breaker and horn of the gods for sale

True story

Sighhhhhhhhhhh. All I want is a Hunter exotic helm for my alt. I don't even care which anymore (tho I want the Gunslinger one). Feels like since I created my hunter Xur has been on a no hunter helmet spree.

Wallach

Grabbed a Plan C since I missed it last time. Removal of exotic engrams is kind of weak, hopefully there is something new to do with Motes next week.

Namikaze1

I'm gonna wake up to pages of "OMG! GJALLARHORN! Thank you based Xur!" tomorrow aren't I?

Great, you jinxed it. If it doesn't happen, we will all blame you!

I'm ready for all of the hate posts!

What does your heart tell you?

My heart tells me that there will be a lot of disappointed people tomorrow. I know I won't be one of them.

this is what I wanted to quote!

Stillmatic

Xur stock isn't even RNG right? So out of all the exotic weapons Bungie chose to but up Plan C for back to back weeks? Damn. Gjallarhorn is never going on sale again.

Steroyd

Wait, shouldn't those arms give you a second trip mine??? Longer duration??? Useless.

Not if you place them in the right place, many times I layed one down, forgot about it, and then got a kill, heck I got a postmortem after I fully revived myself once.

Rixa

They're both good. Although a quality legendary can compete with Plan C. The thing that makes it special isn't that useful for PVE. Worth getting if you need a good Arc Fusion Rifle.

You know. That is exactly my problem :(.
I have 4 fusion rifles, 3 of them are Exotics and one is legendary.
Only Plan C does Arc damage, all the others do Solar.

1. Vex Mythoclast
2. Pocket Infinity
3. Plan C
4. Praetorian Foil

^^ As using VM, I dont like the idea keeping 2 fusion rifles (which both do Solar dam).
Basically 3 weapons that only take vault space. To shard or not to shard.

Sullichin

Heavy legendary engram from the daily...
weebay.gif

Unfriendly Giant. Pretty good troll. I also would have been amused with a single ascendant energy

Rixa

Heavy legendary engram from the daily...
weebay.gif

Unfriendly Giant. Pretty good troll. I also would have been amused with a single ascendant energy

Better than mine few weeks ago...
Dailureward.PNG
Got 2 shards

There are some people with a shit tone of Motes, so they probably didn't want to setup an exchange rate of 25 motes to 7 Coins by people binging on engrams and sharding. Gotta give them credit for thinking this one through instead of having to hotfix their poorly executed loot design by removing Ass Mats from Queens Gear.

#ImpeachXur

haha, maybe Obama can just issue an Executive Order for Xur Reform.

There are some people with a shit tone of Motes, so they probably didn't want to setup an exchange rate of 25 motes to 7 Coins by people binging on engrams and sharding. Gotta give them credit for thinking this one through instead of having to hotfix their poorly executed loot design by removing Ass Mats from Queens Gear.

haha, maybe Obama can just issue an Executive Order for Xur Reform.
25 seemed very fair in my opinion. Hell I didn't even really spend motes until iron banner and I have 104 right now. I could only get 4 shards from that.

I have 60 coins and I'm gonna be able to get 8 shards from that.

25 would've been fair. How many motes do you realistically earn in a week? You can earn 27 coins at the very minimum if you have 3 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom