• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

I'm so dissapointed it's plan c, It's a great weapon but I was hoping for something else either something not sold or ice breaker or gallahorn.

Shito

I... just don't know anymore.
Did they think "well, would be unfair to give them gjalla or something different this week, only to have them upgrade it next week"?
I... *sigh*

CLBridges

Plan C lol, guess I'll pick up a couple exotic shards for storage till next week. Grateful for heavy ammo synth, gonna really stock up on those this time.

Edit: Gotta hold down the confirm button to purchase from Xur now, that's new.

Was thinking about all the weapons and armor i'm gonna have to reupgrade starting next week. Haven't even really thought about the armor even though I have more exotic pieces probably but here's a list of weapons I have maxed out. I'm not counting all the other weapons like thorn and bad juju which aren't maxed out but have their perks unlocked.

TLW
Thorn
MIDA Multitool
Ice Breaker
Plan C
Patience & Time
Thunderlord
Truth
Gjallarhorn
Vex Mythoclast
Suros Regime

The time and effort it will take to max out all these weapons again is overwhelming to think about. Also one thing I don't like is that I can't purchase some kind of consumable and begin the upgrading whenever I feel it's appropriate. If I need the weapon that week and Xur is around then I guess I'm shit out of luck. I will have a new exotic with higher attack but no perks.

The armor is probably more important and I have all of my exotic armor for all of my characters maxed out as well. I probably have at least 12 pieces of exotic armor maxed out. I guess i'm going to be busy grinding if I decide to get the expansion

Feorax

Do we think that the helm will still be the piece of raid gear only available on Hard Raid when TDB launches? I'm wondering whether it's best to just give all of my guardians exotic helms and just go for IB and Normal Raid gear. That way at least I can upgrade them through Xur.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How many exotic shards do you get for dismantling a exotic? Does it work the same as usual the more leveled up it is the more shards you get?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Lol just read a funny comment on Reddit.

"Xur is selling exotic shards! You can buy them for 13 coins, 17 coins, or 7 coins!"

WITHE1982

To think some of us (one person in particular) thought he'd finally sell Heart of the Praxic Fire this week

Nope. Looks like those running with HOTPF and Gjallarhorn can still be a little bit legend, for another week at least (myself included).

Just a quick one: I know most will be holding off on buying exotic weapons until next week, due to the attack buff, but does the same thing apply to armor? I need the "light beyond nemesis" helm but don't wanna waste my time upgrading if I'd then need to do it all again next week.

Shito

Just a quick one: I know most will be holding off on buying exotic weapons until next week, due to the attack buff, but does the same thing apply to armor? I need the "light beyond nemesis" helm but don't wanna waste my time upgrading if I'd then need to do it all again next week.
Yep, same thing for armors.
I want those arms, for the collection, but I might just wait...

Nope. Looks like those running with HOTPF and Gjallarhorn can still be a little bit legend, for another week at least (myself included).

I need the helmet as well but I'm not gonna waste strange coins on them since we'll have to spend another 7 coins and 7500 glimmer to upgrade it. Will just wait for Xur to carry the upgraded one.

ocean

Banned
I'm relieved they didn't sell a new or hotly anticipated Exotic now since it'd be doomed by a few days. I'd much rather get Horn next week to start with it at 302 than today I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom