• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

I'm pretty sure Bungie put Gjallarhorn in Xur's inventory intentionally in week 2, where everyone would think: ugh a heavy weapon exotic, all Bungie employees loaded up on the most awesome weapon in the game. It's never coming back guys.

Anybody want to help on hard Atheon now? We have 4 30's, just trying to carry a buddy's 27 real quick so be forewarned. Everyone else is very experienced. PSN is drdrizzay101

cilonen

Hmm, I'm tempted again with Plan C but I have PI, I also only play PvP very rarely.

The Arc modifier is mighty tempting but I'd really like to hold my coins to see what's up next week.

Any thoughts?

Damn, it's like Bungie doesn't want to take any opportunity to garner some good-will. If Xur had just sold a NEW weapon, people would be happy.

Bungie you assholes. I can only see it now, how much frustration there will be waiting on Xur to be able to upgrade weapons you already have.

It's going to be greaaaaaaaat

Bogeypop

So I decide to stay up and see what Xur has, lo and behold he has the exact Warlock Helmet I want, and I'm in desperate need of an upgrade. I'm two Strange Coins short, so I decide to do a few Tiger Strikes, and see if lady luck is on my side. Got a Strange Coin after my first strike, and a blue engram that turned into a coin on my second one.
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png
Now I can go to bed.

EL CUCO

I'm so sick of this.

Every week that goes by without "the weapon that shall remain unnamed" feels like a devastating shot to the soul.

I can't even say the name anymore.

Bungie you assholes. I can only see it now, how much frustration there will be waiting on Xur to be able to upgrade weapons you already have.

It's going to be greaaaaaaaat

Time to place your bets on how long before Gjallarhorn is offered as an upgrade. Could be weeks or months if ever. Ultimately, You don't even get to make the choice when to upgrade. Xur does for you. It really is bullshit. We already had to wait for RNG to grant us the guns as a drop or purchasable from Xur or random Bounty. Now we have to wait for RNG to grant us the opportunity to keep the weapon relevant in new end-game content.

Gordon

Well I'm #finally30. Completed my first raid tonight, and on hard no less lol
Got 20 shards, a handful of energy, found verdict, and a ship. The 20 shards were alright, as I only needed 21 to make 30 so I sacrificed a pair of vendor gauntlets.

Raid was buggy as hell though. Bungie please.. lol

Shito

Yeah I guess the shards will be there next week too. Never had a week where I didn't have something to buy. First time for everything.
Yeah, I'm in the same camp.
I really want those hunter gloves, but my reason is telling me to just wait and buy the upgraded version another time.

Gordon

Is this the first time Xur has sold two primary telemetries? Seems odd. I figured it was always one of each weapon class.

Xur is becoming more of a bastard than Rahool.

Rahool is just invisible now. Chilling in the background as everyone has stopped caring about engrams.

Yes, they said so.
And the nightfall as well.
As someone with only a 29 and a 28 at the moment, I'll have to be a bit more picky with my coins purchases for a little while... :)

Your 28 should be able to enter it still, surely? It will just be brutally tough.

Shito

Your 28 should be able to enter it still, surely? It will just be brutally tough.
Yeah, they will become a bit more difficult again. ^^
Might have to wait for him to be 29 before attempting the nightfall... I have some IB gear for him that will do that nicely, but I'm waiting for the DLC before upgrading them: don't want to pump shards in gear that could be outdated by the DLC new legendaries...

Yes, they said so.
And the nightfall as well.
As someone with only a 29 and a 28 at the moment, I'll have to be a bit more picky with my coins purchases for a little while... :)

Have they confirmed that is is overwriting the level 28 weekly? I was under the impression that it's just a new difficulty setting for the weekly as in 22/26/28 and now 30 too.

Shito

Have they confirmed that is is overwriting the level 28 weekly? I was under the impression that it's just a new difficulty setting for the weekly as in 22/26/28 and now 30 too.
Nah, of course no confirmation yet, always this Deej weird writing that leaves everything up to interpretation. ^^
But to me...

With the Light level increase to 32, Heroics and Nightfalls will be increased by 2 Light levels to keep up with new content, level increases, and gear items
... sounds a lot like they will just do "+2" on every difficulty for the weeklies, and +2 on the nightfall.

Resseh

sweet jebus! so much negativity in this thread. It was only last week that people were heralding this as the greatest patch of all time with the changes to materials.

Nah, of course no confirmation yet, always this Deej weird writing that leaves everything up to interpretation. ^^
But to me...

... sounds a lot like they will just do "+2" on every difficulty for the weeklies, and +2 on the nightfall.

In a way that makes sense, considering the power level of new Exotics went up, so the cost of purchasing them goes up with it. It's just frustrating to everyone grinding it out on the treadmill to reset to a new baseline.

sweet jebus! so much negativity in this thread. It was only last week that people were heralding this as the greatest patch of all time with the changes to materials.

It was a great patch, in a vacuum. Without knowing all the relevant information, no one could judge it properly. Now that we have more info, it is not nearly as great of an update as we had thought. The only good thing to come out of it is that we no longer have to parade around in circles for hours on end to get destination mats, which is still worth praising.

Steroyd

Xur is becoming more of a bastard than Rahool.

Rahool is just invisible now. Chilling in the background as everyone has stopped caring about engrams.

Not me, everytime I get a legendary primary weapon Engram or when I level up the cryptarch for a chance of a primary legendary engram, I hear a whisper in my ear Hawkmoon, then curse the thousand suns, that my slim RNG of an RNG gives me shards that are now useless. :|

Not me, everytime I get a legendary primary weapon Engram or when I level up the cryptarch for a chance of a primary legendary engram, I hear a whisper in my ear Hawkmoon, then curse the thousand suns, that my slim RNG of an RNG gives me shards that are now useless. :|
Same deep down I am hoping for a legendary primary or heavy engram that turns into hawkmoon or ghorn..

Steroyd

WRONG!

It was this very same week, which shows how much goof Bungie did in so little time, that 48 hours of positivity was glorious.

But to me...

Yeah I suppose that seems more likely. Removing the 22 strike and starting at 26. 26/28/30.

Fistwell

LOL

The bigwigs at Bungie give no fucks at all. I wonder what Hawkian thinks of this since he swore Xur was random.
I thought they had come out and said they pick what's being sold by Xur? Didn't they say they had put up suros out of public demand a few weeks back?

One easy thing they could have done by last nights update is simply increase the cap on marks and glimmer and reduce the rep needed per level of vanguard/crucible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom