• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Hit rank 12 Vanguard tonight. Got a single golf ball in the mail. Seems ridiculous those are even in the loot table of those packages.

i think bungie intentionally put plan c there this week again so they can gather more data on the changes they just made to it.

it's most likely going to get nerfed in the next couple of weeks.

Shito

Hit rank 12 Vanguard tonight. Got a single golf ball in the mail. Seems ridiculous those are even in the loot table of those packages.
Damn, you dun goofed!
One should wait for Tuesday before levelling up a faction, for those commendations. ^^

Loomba

I've been waiting for the Icebreaker since literally an hour after he sold it last time until now.

I'm offically giving up on it.

i think bungie intentionally put plan c there this week again so they can gather more data on the changes they just made to it.

it's most likely going to get nerfed in the next couple of weeks.

If that is the truth it is awful we are getting screwed on good rewards for their own means.

I thought they had come out and said they pick what's being sold by Xur? Didn't they say they had put up suros out of public demand a few weeks back?

Yea but Hawkian is a diehard Destiny player. He thought Deej was trolling about Xur not being random when the video first surfaced.

They couldn't have given it to us for ONE last week. Once again no warning last week. Hey guys it's the last week to buy the only item you ever likely buy from Xur every week!

Ugh

Terrible communication is the biggest source of player angst. Negative changes are seemingly spontaneous and "SURPRISE IT'S LIVE!" While the positive changes are dragged out for months before coming to fruition. Even then, they fuck it up. Exotics get buffed and then knocked down again.

Shito

I guess. I don't PvP so the Crucible comms aren't going to be particularly useful to me.
Fair enough. I guess the other factions will give Crucible commendations, since they work with crucible marks... Makes less and less sense to have that many factions being pvp dependant.

Terrible communication is the biggest source of player angst. Negative changes are seemingly spontaneous and "SURPRISE IT'S LIVE!" While the positive changes are dragged out for months before coming to fruition. Even then, they fuck it up. Exotics get buffed and then knocked down again.

This is pretty much it. All these changes wouldn't have been so bad had we been able to prepare for them.

Rixa

Damn, you dun goofed!
One should wait for Tuesday before levelling up a faction, for those commendations. ^^

My VG rank is ~200 shy next level.I try to gather VG Marks to 100 (20 or so missing) and closely monitoring VG rank. When it is close or when I do have 100 marks. I switch to FWC bond The Chaos Constant which I got earlier from engram.

Trying to start get reputation for FWC. For hoping FWC stuff from leveling faction.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's weird that they never said that the engrams would be removed. Why didn't they mention this?

Because they've been completely shitty at communication with this game. as of now mote of light are completely useless sans the speaker...so they're completely useless

It's weird that they never said that the engrams would be removed. Why didn't they mention this?

Didn't want people to have too many shards I guess. It would give them two ways to buy them. With strange coins and motes (buy engram, dismantle for shards etc). Likely want to make strange coins the only currency he will accept now.

I am just frustrated that they left so many details out still.

One major one is whether or not you will get commendations from ranking up the factions or just Vanguard and Crucible.

I hope you guys are kidding? how is xur not RNG at this point?

Deej confirmed it during a live stream event. He talked about how he went to those responsible to ask what would be sold and they asked him if he was asking asa gamer or CM etc etc. Some assholes at Bungle are making the conscious decision to sell the same shit multiple times back to back.

At this point its tough believing anything they say anymore about this game.

It's not hard to believe actually.

6 out of 12 weeks, warlocks got Voidfang.
4 out of 12 weeks, warlocks got Sunbreakers.
5 out of 12 weeks, Titans got Armamentarium.
Ballerhorn once, Icebreaker once.

Plan C back-to-back lol.

I am just frustrated that they left so many details out still.

One major one is whether or not you will get commendations from ranking up the factions or just Vanguard and Crucible.

It's all part of the surprise. We get to figure it our on our own. The progression system is never explained in game, you just have to figure it our or read about it on message boards when someone else does. It's like they are trying to out-do From Software for obtuse game mechanics.

Shito

At this point its tough believing anything they say anymore about this game.
Yep, was thinking the same thing.
While I do believe they (somewhat) choose Xur's inventory, I'm also starting to believe Deej less and less.
His part on the last update about how he messed up with this now infamous tweet seemed not too honest, but more than that it had nothing to do here. Deej, it's not about you, nor what we think about you, it's about the damn game we play. I wish he would stop with his attitude, go straight to the point and be more precise and thorough in the bullet points that actually matter.

Midas

Didn't want people to have too many shards I guess. It would give them two ways to buy them. With strange coins and motes (buy engram, dismantle for shards etc). Likely want to make strange coins the only currency he will accept now.

Yeah, perhaps. Funny thing is that this is basically one of the few things I'm starting to get a bit irritated at - the way they handle Xûr.

Matt Frost

Level 1-20 progression is fun. Once you hit 20 and leveling gets tied to light level and RNG things change

lol oooohhhhh just wait.

The grind in Destiny is way more harsh than RoS. I say this as someone with a couple hundred hours in both games.

But it's no surprise you're enjoying Destiny at this stage and will probably continue to enjoy it for a long time. The core gameplay is phenomenal.

--

No weekly update yet, right?

2 weeks later it'll be FUCK BUNGIE DEEJ SHUT UP 20 DAYS OF PLAYTIEM AND NOW THIS

edit: Welcome! :D

Thanks for the word of advice, I will play with this in mind :D

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Deej confirmed it during a live stream event. He talked about how he went to those responsible to ask what would be sold and they asked him if he was asking asa gamer or CM etc etc. Some assholes at Bungle are making the conscious decision to sell the same shit multiple times back to back.
For fuck sake

It's not hard to believe actually.

6 out of 12 weeks, warlocks got Voidfang.
4 out of 12 weeks, warlocks got Sunbreakers.
5 out of 12 weeks, Titans got Armamentarium.
Ballerhorn once, Icebreaker once.

Plan C back-to-back lol.
I saw the receipts...I wish I hadn't

They could have easily reaped some goodwill and happiness from the players by saying, surprise! Were selling an exotic weapon from The Dark Below to get you excited for next week and to make up for communicating like a mute mule.

Instead Plan C... Again.

Like the developers purposely wanted to say fuck you for being upset with us.

raindoc

image.php

I was waiting for chest engrams too...

Who didn't?

Anyway, he did bring something usefull this weekend:
I still got an Atheon HM ckeckpoint on my Warlock and a Hunter that hasn't been through HM at all.
I also got a maxed G'horn and 100 pieces of heavy ammo synth.

YQR5et0.jpg

They could have easily reaped some goodwill and happiness from the players by saying, surprise! Were selling an exotic weapon from The Dark Below to get you excited for next week and to make up for communicating like a mute mule.

Instead Plan C... Again.

Like the developers purposely wanted to say fuck you for being upset with us.

It's like they are daring us to stop playing on the eve of Exp I. This is a dangerous game of chicken. Who headfakes first.

Awwww screw it. Who are we kidding, we're all addicted and they are counting on it so they'll just savor our tears.

hydruxo

That's all I ever get from Dead Orbit. No shaders or weapons, just a single shard and the same stupid cloaks I already had.

Who didn't?

Anyway, he did bring something usefull this weekend:
I still got an Atheon HM ckeckpoint on my Warlock and a Hunter that hasn't been through HM at all.
I also got a maxed G'horn and 100 pieces of heavy ammo synth.

YQR5et0.jpg

We came so close so many times last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom