• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Thins that are bothering me today.

- Sore Throat
- Xur Selling Plan C AGAIN
- Exotic Upgrades :(
- Still no hawkmoon
- Still no gjallarhorn

/end rant

I think more light is required in the beginning to raise levels though.... they could reduce the amount of light required to raise a level. So for instance 30 is 120 light, then 31 could be 130 light and 32 could be 140 light. DrCrispy has 137 light and he is level 31 on DestinyDB and all his gear is maxed. .

It took 20 light from Lv 20 to 21 then 12 more to Lv22 and then 11 light every level since. Crispy's maxed DLC exotic has 36 light would should confirm that 144 is required for Lv32 (and also fits with him being 31 at 137 light).

As others have said, its certainly most likely that the TDB vendor gear will be similar to the Vanguard/Crucible vendors and get us to 31 but require 3 raid+exotic or 4 raid. Hadn't heard that the new IB gear would be to 31 which makes sense I guess for the start of the expansion.

Looks like exotic engrams may appear in Xur's inventory.

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/540846908684529664

So save up on motes of light, when Xur sells exotic engrams, go on a spending spree!

Thins that are bothering me today.

- Sore Throat
- Xur Selling Plan C AGAIN
- Exotic Upgrades :(
- Still no hawkmoon
- Still no gjallarhorn

/end rant
USER_Halo_Legends_1337_Epic_Bro-fist.gif

Why is anyone upset about the 2nd Plan C? There were pages upon pages of angry posts detailing how poorly Bungie is handling the Exotic upgrade system that's coming in a few days. Why in the WORLD would anyone in their right mind buy a fresh Exotic right before the DLC?

True, it still speaks to a larger issue with Bungie needlessly repeating what Xur is selling (at least have the wares on rotate like the Nightfalls, ffs), but this is clearlly a unique instance where the repetition finally makes sense to the players.

I'm more concerned with the seemingly now-pointless Motes of Light. What function do they serve now, apart from buying stuff from one vendor? Are they going to be part of the new upgrade tree with Exotics?

edit: sporadic engrams now? :-|

Deku Tree

It took 20 light from Lv 20 to 21 then 12 more to Lv22 and then 11 light every level since. Crispy's maxed DLC exotic has 36 light would should confirm that 144 is required for Lv32 (and also fits with him being 31 at 137 light).

As others have said, its certainly most likely that the TDB vendor gear will be similar to the Vanguard/Crucible vendors and get us to 31 but require 3 raid+exotic or 4 raid. Hadn't heard that the new IB gear would be to 31 which makes sense I guess for the start of the expansion.

Oh I didn't realize you could see how much light is in Crispy's exotic. Glad you noticed. So yes it sounds like you need 144 light to get to level 32. I agree about TDB vendor gear... Bungie is going to make you RNG with the CE raid to get to 32.

Have the TDB PSN Trophies leaked?

Also so the exotics like Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and maybe even the Vex will never get Xur sold upgrades to the stat bump right? So you just possibly have to RNG them again after the update I guess...

Why is anyone upset about the 2nd Plan C? There were pages upon pages of angry posts detailing how poorly Bungie is handling the Exotic upgrade system that's coming in a few days. Why in the WORLD would anyone in their right mind buy a fresh Exotic right before the DLC?

True, it still speaks to a larger issue with Bungie needlessly repeating what Xur is selling (at least have the wares on rotate like the Nightfalls, ffs), but this is clearlly a unique instance where the repetition finally makes sense to the players.

I'm more concerned with the seemingly now-pointless Motes of Light. What function do they serve now, apart from buying stuff from one vendor? Are they going to be part of the new upgrade tree with Exotics?

I would buy a Gjallahorn if Xur was selling it today, but that's about the only exotic that I would have bought.

I'm stupid, I bought the helm of in-most light for my Titan who has been waiting for helmet since I bought the game in October.

Yeah I'm stupid, wasted my coins on a helmet that is still max light 30 when the DLC will probably sell them at 31 but my Titan has been starving for a helmet

I'm stupid, I bought the helm of in-most light for my Titan who has been waiting for helmet since I bought the game in October.

Yeah I'm stupid, wasted my coins on a helmet that is still max light 30 when the DLC will probably sell them at 31 but my Titan has been starving for a helmet

That helm has better stats than the original verson that Xur sold. So at least for a little while, you can take comfort in that :)

Jinjo

Guess I'll get a Titan Helm, some Heavy Syntheses, and then blow the rest on shards. Meh.

Why? Save your coins man. You're only gonna need shards when Xur is around anyway. And if you need to upgrade a weapon, just buy one. You will regret blowing your coins if Xur does carry something awesome in the near future. Next week has a high chance to be expensive.

Frenden

Banned
That helm has better stats than the original verson that Xur sold. So at least for a little while, you can take comfort in that :)

Even though I'll need hundreds of strange coins to upgrade the exotics that I already have, I had to get the Warlock helm. At least I can get my second character to 30 in time for the new content. And in time to rexurbish that helmet and pay even more time, glimmer, and coins.

What a terrible upgrade system. I should be excited to get this helm, but instead I feel totally deflated.

Ambitious

Sure thing! You are aware of the 8 hour time difference I presume? As long as you have the day off should be good. :)

So it's:

- Jinjo
- Mr-Stephen
- Zoltan69
- GalacticToast
- Ocean
- Ambitious

I'm gonna assume the final two are still in. :p Don't leave us hanging!

As far as I remember, tw1st was the only one who wanted to do it later (8.30), right?

Deku Tree

Oh wait... where do you see that DrCrispy's helmet in DestinyDB has 36 light? I just checked and I can't find this information.

Alternatively look at it this way. DrCrispy has 137 light in DestinyDB and all his gear is Maxxed. If his exotic helmet has 35 light that leaves 34 light for each of his other three pieces of armor to get to 137 total light. Then CE Raid armor would also max out at 35 light to get you to 140 light and level 32. This system is consistent with Bungie's previous systems of vendor armor having one less total light potential than raid armor.

However if you assume DrCrispy's helmet has 36 light and the other pieces which are maxed all have the same amount of light, then each piece of Crispy's armor has (137-36)/3 = 33.6666... light which is a weird number to have for a max light level...

The Xur-related glimmer farming next weekend is going to be absurd. He supposedly will have 12 available exists to upgrade, and nobody will want to leave anything decent on the table given Xur's antics. I still want to get a team together to mow down normal GKeepers checkpoint and see how efficient it can become.

Oh wait... where do you see that DrCrispy's helmet in DestinyDB has 36 light? I just checked and I can't find this information. .

http://destinydb.com/guardians/playstation/2014120915133761381-drcrispy93

Click on his helmet and the pop up window says 68 Int+Dis and 36 light.

Edit: but something is still funky since it says all his gear goes to 36 light, so who knows. Probably shouldn't totally trust his player profile.

Seems like motes don't really have too much of a role to play any more.

Something that might be cool would be to have them play a role in temporarily enhancing weapons. Light, after all, is considered the be the power source at the center of the game.

Perhaps in a raid using a mote on a weapon could have a doubling damage effect for a fixed time, or something along those lines. Perhaps add a perk to it of some benefit, like spawning orbs.

Dunno, just tossing ideas around. Maybe Bungie has greater plans for them, but right now this thing we get for each XP level seems not very useful.

Deku Tree

The Xur-related glimmer farming next weekend is going to be absurd. He supposedly will have 12 available exists to upgrade, and nobody will want to leave anything decent on the table given Xur's antics. I still want to get a team together to mow down normal GKeepers checkpoint and see how efficient it can become.

I could be up for that depending upon what time you start it. I need to farm some glimmer.

I can't wait for the update where the Cabal majors are removed from the start of Exclusion zone because "that mission was too hard".

Frenden

Banned

Something that might be cool would be to have them play a role in temporarily enhancing weapons. Light, after all, is considered the be the power source at the center of the game.

Perhaps in a raid using a mote on a weapon could have a doubling damage effect for a fixed time, or something along those lines. Perhaps add a perk to it of some benefit, like spawning orbs.

Dunno, just tossing ideas around. Maybe Bungie has greater plans for them, but right now this thing we get for each XP level seems not very useful.

Deej said engrams will appear in Xur's inventory sporadically still (just a bit ago on Twitter).

Jinjo

There'a only a few exotics I will upgrade:

Hawkmoon (if offered), since this week dropped a new one for me. Will shard the old maxed one to pay for the exotic shards.

My Gjallababies, have two unupgraded ones. Will keep my old fully upgraded one I think.

Maybe Thorn & Icebreaker, but they are no priority.

Saint-14 & Achlyophage Symbiote. The exotics I always use for high-end content.

Maybe eventually I will upgrade my Inmost Light & Sunbreakers, but that'll be months from now. For my Warlock I'm just gonna hope for either one of the new exotics or finally have that Praxic Fire or Ahamkara Skull drop.

I do want them Ruin Wings for my Titan though.

How about you guys?

nowai

Exclusion Zone man, max glimmer per hour!

With a fast group, you can kill all yellows in under a minute and reset.

Well, this is the best week I've ever had as afar as nightfall goes

Nightfall 1: Insurmountable Skullfort*
Nightfall 2: Plan C**
Nightfall 3: Crest of Alpha Lupi***

*Litereally the only exotic I didn't have for my Titan. Though it was odd that it dropped for my Warlock.

**This was my Titan's drop. Though it is a duplicate, I lucked out and got a Plan C from a Nightfall 2 weeks ago. But hey, exotic shards!

***Yet another duplicate for my Hunter. Still okay with it for exotic shards though.

Deku Tree

http://destinydb.com/guardians/playstation/2014120915133761381-drcrispy93

Click on his helmet and the pop up window says 68 Int+Dis and 36 light.

Edit: but something is still funky since it says all his gear goes to 36 light, so who knows. Probably shouldn't totally trust his player profile.

Yeah I agree. We just have to wait until Tuesday or later... would be nice if Bungie could just clearly communicate this stuff to us.

nowai

They will be used for Trials of Osiris and rerolling IB gear still.

I burned through a good amount rerolling last IB.

Deej said engrams will appear in Xur's inventory sporadically still (just a bit ago on Twitter).

That link 404's.

Even if true though I've always thought this was a fairly limited use for motes and they should have more utility than they do. Having Xur *possibly* show up with an exotic engram that *might* represent an armor slot you want an exotic for *and you win the roll* to get the one *that is hopefully for your class*... well, that's a pretty narrow and infrequent case use for things that represent an award for an XP level gain.

Not fully upgraded maybe. His Dragon's Breath and Murmur are only at 320 even though they max out at 331 attack. Although what is at DestinyDB should be taken with a hint of salt.

Frenden

Banned
Why do we need to ASK them? They should be telling us this shit right away. Fuck

Instead, here's some floral prose about Deej's misuse of a genuine article.

That link 404's.

Even if true though I've always thought this was a fairly limited use for motes and they should have more utility than they do. Having Xur *possibly* show up with an exotic engram that *might* represent an armor slot you want an exotic for *and you win the roll* to get the one *that is hopefully for your class*... well, that's a pretty narrow and infrequent case use for things that represent an award for an XP level gain.

It resolves here?

2MiGPlk.png

MADGAME

Why in the WORLD would anyone in their right mind buy a fresh Exotic right before the DLC?

Many of us have a Scrooge McDuck pile of coins. If he was selling Phallichorn or Hawkmoon I would buy either with no regrets, and immediately trade them in for their beefed up counterparts next week. I'm sure many others would also.

Hawkmoon (if offered), since this week dropped a new one for me. Will shard the old maxed one to pay for the exotic shards.

My Gjallababies, have two unupgraded ones. Will keep my old fully upgraded one I think.

Maybe eventually I will upgrade my Inmost Light & Sunbreakers, but that'll be months from now. For my Warlock I'm just gonna hope for either one of the new exotics or finally have that Praxic Fire or Ahamkara Skull drop.

How about you guys?

Upgrade the Icebreaker as soon as he has it available. The perks don't matter too much, so it'll be a better gun almost instantly.

I'm upgrading probably whatever he has that I still want to use. IB, Truth, Hawkmoon (hopefully it's possible), and my armor exotics.

Frenden

Banned
Many of us have a Scrooge McDuck pile of coins. If he was selling Phallichorn or Hawkmoon I would buy either with no regrets, and immediately trade them in for their beefed up counterparts next week. I'm sure many others would also.

A Warlock helm or Gjallarhorn are all that would get me to bite, so I bit.

Wish Ice Breaker is what he offers to upgrade next week. Unlike other exotics Ice Breaker is amazing right out of the box and doesn't rely on it's upgrades before it gets good.

There's no reason to buy exotic shards, right? If you want to upgrade something next week, you'd do it at Xur, so you could buy it then. I guess just for the last bubble. I'll hold on to my coin stockpile for another week.

Steroyd

My friend is 3/4 on the vex, I'm 0/14.....come the fuck on, Bungie.

I know that feel bro, must have done close to 30 hard raids by now, and no vex. :(

Instead, here's some floral prose about Deej's misuse of a genuine article.

It resolves here?

2MiGPlk.png

Wait... there may be a chance that Xur might drop an exotic engram, nevermind of the type you'd want.

I'll have a million motes of light by then!!

Deku Tree

There's no reason to buy exotic shards, right? If you want to upgrade something next week, you'd do it at Xur, so you could buy it then. I guess just for the last bubble. I'll hold on to my coin stockpile for another week.

Yup. Unless you want to upgrade an exotic today only to upgrade it again after Tuesday.

bosseye

Not sure where to go with Destiny now. I really want to do the Raid a few more times but I just can't find groups looking players at the time when I'm able to play.

E92 M3

As happy as I am for TDB, I still can't drop the feeling that to upgrade my maxed exotic I will have to restart completely. Realistically, the Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker are my two most used exotics outside the Vex. So, I will have no choice but to upgrade them if Xur offers =/

watch him selling Voidfang Vestiments next week and it being cheaper to buy a new one than to buy the upgrade + buy two shards (because if you updrage, you will have to buy two exotic shards, the latter for the final upgrade

Deku Tree

wach him selling Voidfang Vestiments next week and it being cheaper to buy a new one than to buy the upgrade + buy two shards (because if you updrage, you will have to buy two exotic shards, the latter for the final upgrade

If you have a huge pile of strange coins it will be a much better idea to spend strange coins to buy the better one from xur instead of lots of glimmer + exotic shards.

Daemul

How about you guys?

Red Death, Icebreaker, Ghorn, Inmost Light and Saint-14.

Everything else is being left to rot until Bungie overhaul the entire system.

Fistwell

Not sure where to go with Destiny now. I really want to do the Raid a few more times but I just can't find groups looking players at the time when I'm able to play.
Well, when are you able to play? Platform? Hard or normal raid? I'm sure a bunch of people are raiding this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom