• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

inmost light is an awesome helm, one of the most powerful exotic helms in the game in my opinion since it gives you two free class perks!

and dude... YOU DELETE YOUR PLASTEELS? having that be the bottleneck sucks so bad. quickest way to farm more is probably to do mindless chest runs on mars/moon or whatever route nets you the most chests/hr for all those greens you can dismantle.

I primarily roll defender and would have preferred Saint 14, but you know what? I really want to be able to rock in the hard raid and the new one too. And if my luck is the same with helm drops in TDB, me and Scarletham will be moaning #Forever30. Haha

Yeah the plating thing was stupid. But that's easy to get. Exclusion Zone plus buying green helmets if worse comes to worse. Have to level and then relevel the helmet anyway, I'll get greens and blues all along the way. ;)

Dude thanks again for rolling with us last night! So great to have a chance to raid with you!

Glenn

Deku Tree

I honestly don't know, maybe someone else knows?

Well I was the one who pointed out in this topic that DrCrispy was playing level 33 CE raid according to DestinyDB... but that info may not be reliable. Crispy is a Bungie beta tester. I haven't seen any other concrete info.

spyder_ur

So if I leave my vanguard packages unopened till thuesday that works right? The commendations are IN the vanguard packages?

I'm trying the exact same thing but I don't have my hopes up. (Yep , they should come inside the packages).

Personally, I doubt this, for the same reason legendary engrams won't roll into DLC legendaries even if you hold them. But who knows I guess?

phen0m24

Do we know this for sure? Couldn't it just start at 30 light, the way weapons now start at 302?

Pretty sure somewhere in this thread it was said that the base light (like base damage) would start at the level you were. You're leveling up to that new max level.

I still want a compromise for maxed pieces, though. Come on Bungie, throw us a frickin' bone here.

Bizazedo

Why is anyone upset about the 2nd Plan C? There were pages upon pages of angry posts detailing how poorly Bungie is handling the Exotic upgrade system that's coming in a few days. Why in the WORLD would anyone in their right mind buy a fresh Exotic right before the DLC?

True, it still speaks to a larger issue with Bungie needlessly repeating what Xur is selling (at least have the wares on rotate like the Nightfalls, ffs), but this is clearlly a unique instance where the repetition finally makes sense to the players.

Kind of my thoughts. There's a lot of legit reasons to be annoyed right now, but Xur selling Plan C again is not one of them. The sheer anger and outrage just reads to me as indicating you're really addicted, especially as it's not optimal if you get an exotic you really want right now.

Crazy.

So if I leave my vanguard packages unopened till thuesday that works right? The commendations are IN the vanguard packages?

Maybe, unless Bungie makes it so that only packages received after the update include the commendation. Like how they made purple engrams people saved still give out blues post-Cryptarch patch.

Well I was the one who pointed out in this topic that DrCrispy was playing level 33 CE raid according to DestinyDB... but that info may not be reliable. Crispy is a Bungie beta tester. I haven't seen any other concrete info.

Still unclear though DestinyDB also lists a VoG hard raid at 31.

realcZk

Personally, I doubt this, for the same reason legendary engrams won't roll into DLC legendaries even if you hold them. But who knows I guess?

Right, that was my thought. Pre-patch legendaries didn't inherit the "new" engram ruleset of post-patch for anyone who had saved them. It depends on how bungie does the loot rolls. If they had a server-side/client-side check on the item's "version", then when decoding/opening, they could use older rules to determine the loot table.

Alternatively, whenever you get an engram or item, it's rolls are determined on the spot and stored server-side so that whenever you open/decode you are seeing those predetermined rolls. This is what Diablo III does. Identifying an item doesn't actually wait on the server to roll an item, it just reveals what it already rolled for you at the time of the drop. If the latter is how Bungie is doing it, we can expect them to not give commendations. Determining an items drop on the spot is the smarter thing to do especially if you're planning to tweak your loot tables later and want to keep drops from a previous patch isolated to its loot table at that time.

This may have been answered, but I'm curious...

After TDB launches, would the drops from VoG be more powerful? As in fatebringer, armour drops etc, would they be as powerful as the expansion stuff?

spyder_ur

Pretty sure somewhere in this thread it was said that the base light (like base damage) would start at the level you were. You're leveling up to that new max level.

I still want a compromise for maxed pieces, though. Come on Bungie, throw us a frickin' bone here.

Wait, so if I have a level 28 character and an exotic piece, it will start at Light level 28? But the same piece of gear re-rolled by a 26 would set the starting light as 26? Wouldn't that mess up the sequencing of the nodes when you reupgrade it?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh my God the materials being available for purchase is such an improvement!

Yeah but it fucked over the crowd who used to hand in them to get the extra nudge in marks/rep for crucible + vanguard

Now I have stockpiles of materials just wasting away, at least before I was trading them in

So fucking stupid
Should be both

spyder_ur

Yeah but it fucked over the crowd who used to hand in them to get the extra nudge in marks/rep for crucible + vanguard

Now I have stockpiles of materials just wasting away, at least before I was trading them in

So fucking stupid
Should be both

I assume it was to prevent essentially trading crucible marks for vanguard marks which you could have done if both options were still open. But yeah I'm still not sure why that's a huge deal.

realcZk

So fucking stupid
Should be both

Problem with both is that I could buy 500 spinmetal with marks then exchange it for rep and level my vanguard and get a bunch of commendations and buy all the vanguard vendor gear day one of the DLC, with no effort. Commendations were added to slow down the acquisition of this new gear, so bungie wouldn't want us to be able to cheat the system like that.

Jinjo

Ow okay. Case of GAF -> Internet -> GAF then lol.

Well they announced that. Worth a shot anyway. Not like I need the xp for any current stuff. Hoarding all my legendary engrams too in hopes of DLC legendary/exotic drops.

realcZk

If you have the strange coins, stock up on heavy ammo synth from Xur this week for Crota's End. With all the new upgrades and gear costing lots of glimmer next week, you probably won't want to blow it all on heavy ammo synthesis.

Kind of my thoughts. There's a lot of legit reasons to be annoyed right now, but Xur selling Plan C again is not one of them. The sheer anger and outrage just reads to me as indicating you're really addicted, especially as it's not optimal if you get an exotic you really want right now.

Crazy.

I think many of us would spend the coins for Gjahallaron and the coins/shard/glimmer to upgrade it possibly next week.

phen0m24

Wait, so if I have a level 28 character and an exotic piece, it will start at Light level 28? But the same piece of gear re-rolled by a 26 would set the starting light as 26? Wouldn't that mess up the sequencing of the nodes when you reupgrade it?

I may have not spoken clearly. I remember the quote but it was base level damage on exotic weapons for sure (popping to 302 despite having cleared progress). Have to verify that it also applied to light level on an armor piece.

That would be really annoying to drop back down to 29. Surely Bungie is going to be considerate of that time spent increasing our light as well, right Deej/Urk? Wink wink

I would treat it as an experiment and expect negative results. That way you can be pleasantly surprised. I'm betting that the Commendations will be only applied after the Tuesday update, not pre-embedded in unopened packages.

I think many of us would spend the coins for Gjahallaron and the coins/shard/glimmer to upgrade it possibly next week.
For that one, probably. At the current rate of repetition, I'm not even getting my hopes up that it'll ever be sold again.

Yeah I agree. We just have to wait until Tuesday or later... would be nice if Bungie could just clearly communicate this stuff to us.

I seriously believe they don't tell us on purpose so we take even longer to get through content, grind etc.

Possible fuck ups along the way like submitting an exotic bounty too early or whatever else helps prolong everything.

The worst case is that getting to 30 didn't make me play any LESS! If anything once I got to 30 on my Titan I started my Hunter and Warlock and get them to 30 too!

jeffc919

I seriously believe they don't tell us on purpose so we take even longer to get through content, grind etc.

Possible fuck ups along the way like submitting an exotic bounty too early or whatever else helps prolong everything.

The worst case is that getting to 30 didn't make me play any LESS! If anything once I got to 30 on my Titan I started my Hunter and Warlock and get them to 30 too!

I think it's more of them just making things up as they go.

How many exotic weapons? 5 doesn't seem like much. Although, in a way our old exotics will still be relevant.

The data mining shows 5, and since there is no download for The Dark Below, its all there in the game now, it is pretty much guaranteed.

Previous data mines have only resulted in finding MORE items then what ends up in game...so lets HOPE for 5.

phen0m24

Mousewheel.gif

In that boat as well, BUT in the case of my Hunter, I almost would rather do Atheon checkpoints to try for helmets in hm. Everything else (gauntlets) can come from normal. Why run entire hm raids anymore - at least until 30? Hate feeling like a 29 squishy.

Hyun Sai

Why is anyone upset about the 2nd Plan C? There were pages upon pages of angry posts detailing how poorly Bungie is handling the Exotic upgrade system that's coming in a few days. Why in the WORLD would anyone in their right mind buy a fresh Exotic right before the DLC?
You seem to understimate how broken the Gjallahorn is. You can bet everybody would have bought it for their 3 characters, regardless of any upgrade/reset coming.

X-Frame

Do you play Striker a lot in PvP? If so yeah go for it. Other than that? No you shouldn't be playing Striker in PvE.

I've read cases where a Flashbang Striker Titan with The Armamentarium could be quite useful for certain situations, like in Atheon's portals to disorient the adds in there.

I was thinking of trying this for a Normal run soon along with a Timur's Lash with Grenadier so I could basically spam Flashbangs.

Then again, if I was a Defender I could use the same build but spam Magnetic Grenades.

Homeboyd

Reminder. Still need a 6th (and possibly back-ups depending on who can make this date/time).

Xbone Crota's End (Blind) Crew

GAF Name (GT)
1. Homeboyd (Homeboyd903) - 30 | Titan
2. E92 (Trance Addix) - 30 | Hunter
3. giggletoe (Toejam2501) - 30 | Warlock
4. Sabotage (GmanM1) - 30 | Titan
5. Misterthirsty (Misterthirsty) - 30 | Titan

Reserves:

Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Time: 9:30 Eastern

Do me a favor and request to join this b.net group (we use the group wall to keep up with schedules, etc...): http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/380586

phen0m24

Should I buy that titan helmet?
If it's the piece that will get you to 30, why not? You can always switch to defender while wearing it (in pve) and back again to striker for pvp.

Plus you can do the striker superman move across the jumping puzzle.

Not sure if I feel that the thorn is balanced for PvP any more, the weapon is a beast and I think the faster reload and bigger clip is giving it too much advantage, there is no cooldown period between shooting it's rather strong bullets.

The thorn out scouts a scout rifle, lol.

Lima

I've read cases where a Flashbang Striker Titan with The Armamentarium could be quite useful for certain situations, like in Atheon's portals to disorient the adds in there.

I was thinking of trying this for a Normal run soon along with a Timur's Lash with Grenadier so I could basically spam Flashbangs.

Then again, if I was a Defender I could use the same build but spam Magnetic Grenades.

Sure in that case you don't need that helmet though. It's pretty much only useful in PvP.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Problem with both is that I could buy 500 spinmetal with marks then exchange it for rep and level my vanguard and get a bunch of commendations and buy all the vanguard vendor gear day one of the DLC, with no effort. Commendations were added to slow down the acquisition of this new gear, so bungie wouldn't want us to be able to cheat the system like that.

500 spinmetal = 250 marks
500 spinmetal = 250 rep

So 250 mark (which you can't even reach) = 250 rep, which is 1/10th needed to get your rep up to 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom