• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

Add this to the "serious consideration by Bungie" department, but if hard earned raid gear is going to be outclassed by store bought stuff
crap
, that would kinda suck.

No. Fatebringer will stay at 300. And armor will go to light 30. I said goodbye to the vault this Tuesday.

I'm just thinking for those of us who are vexless, we'll get the more powerful version (after sacrificing 10 lambs and a virgin to the RNGods) next week, I was hoping same would apply to other weapons :(

You seem to understimate how broken the Gjallahorn is. You can bet everybody would have bought it for their 3 characters, regardless of any upgrade/reset coming.
It's not that I underestimate it (I would love to have it too), just that hoping that it'll come back up for sale after three months is like wishing on a star at this point, imo. I truly expect it never to be sold again (Kinda like Ice Breaker, the OTHER awesomely overpowered weapon that's only been offered once).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bungie will never allow a system that allows you to exchange marks for rep even if it is 200 marks for 1 rep IMO.

Yeah but you ruined peoples avenue of boosting up their marks/rep just so now people don't have to farm destination materials, yet most of you will have to do it anyway for glimmer + xp now do to exotic upgrade

Sooner or later all those marks will vanish for gear/weapons, then you'll have to do the grind all over again

Pimpwerx

Thank god I went to sleep early last night. I'm buying nothing from Xur for like the 4th time in 5 weeks. And I actually saved motes this week for a chance at a helmet engram. Now they've nerfed his engrams too? Why? I guess it's good in that I have so many coins now that I don't need to do the weekly ever again to be able to afford the remaining exotics I need from Xur. I only need to do the nightfall and raid now. Thanks Bungie. Your poor decisions are finally freeing up my gaming time. I can go back to trophy hunting now. PEACE.

So I have my Warlock at lvl 8 right now and have nothing to do on my high level characters until the DLC at this point. The Warlock will have exotic and legendary armor awaiting him when he hits 20 (no boots though).

My question is: should I work on leveling him up this weekend or wait until after the DLC hits because of this commendation and armor Scheisse (that's German for "shit")?

Lima

How is it broken? It's just really fucking good.

Yeah I will never understand this. It's powerful and it should be. I need to use my exotic slot for a heavy weapon that will only get used in specific situations.

It's not broken. I think people are always referring to that Atheon quick down video. Honestly though we killed him in one portal with 6 people using Ice Breaker on him with WoL.

The perception of weapon usefulness is so skewed on that fight because of Vengeance of Time it's not even funny. Try firing 7 Ghorns at that Mars strike boss. He will take them and laugh.

Hyun Sai

It's not that I underestimate it (I would love to have it too), just that hoping that it'll come back up for sale after three months is like wishing on a star at this point, imo. I truly expect it never to be sold again (Kinda like Ice Breaker, the OTHER awesomely overpowered weapon that's only been offered once).

Exactly my sentiment. Those weapons are gone for good, especially if Xur stock is not random.

I even expect those 2 weapons to stay at the top PVE wise when fully upgraded. The perks are just too fucking good compared to what we saw so far in the leaks.

So I have my Warlock at lvl 8 right now and have nothing to do on my high level characters until the DLC at this point. The Warlock will have exotic and legendary armor awaiting him when he hits 20 (no boots though).

My question is: should I work on leveling him up this weekend or wait until after the DLC hits because of this commendation and armor Scheisse (that's German for "shit")?

Get him to 20 ASAP so he can take advantage of whatever new comes his way.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thank god I went to sleep early last night. I'm buying nothing from Xur for like the 4th time in 5 weeks. And I actually saved motes this week for a chance at a helmet engram. Now they've nerfed his engrams too? Why? I guess it's good in that I have so many coins now that I don't need to do the weekly ever again to be able to afford the remaining exotics I need from Xur. I only need to do the nightfall and raid now. Thanks Bungie. Your poor decisions are finally freeing up my gaming time. I can go back to trophy hunting now. PEACE.

Guessing that they want the new exotics to be rarer, rather than people do a dice roll next week and earn them easily

Some people have a huge stockpile of motes and letting them net the new exotic armor piece might not be a good idea within a week of release of this "expansion"

I guess maybe end of December they might bring an engram back for you to purchase

First 2-3 weeks it ain't showing up at all

Guessing the first week engrams come back most likely it will be feet, never had exotic boots to roll on

Varvor

Has it been confirmed that Raid Helmets come only from hard version of Crota's End?

Just like VoG did?

Does it make sence to level your exotic helmet firstbto counter the drought of specific gear.

Anyone?

Why is anyone upset about the 2nd Plan C? There were pages upon pages of angry posts detailing how poorly Bungie is handling the Exotic upgrade system that's coming in a few days. Why in the WORLD would anyone in their right mind buy a fresh Exotic right before the DLC?

True, it still speaks to a larger issue with Bungie needlessly repeating what Xur is selling (at least have the wares on rotate like the Nightfalls, ffs), but this is clearlly a unique instance where the repetition finally makes sense to the players.

I'm more concerned with the seemingly now-pointless Motes of Light. What function do they serve now, apart from buying stuff from one vendor? Are they going to be part of the new upgrade tree with Exotics?

edit: sporadic engrams now? :-|

I'd absolutely buy a gjallarhorn or ice breaker and just let them sit until next week.

Ambitious

No problem man. Gotta get your own chance in too. ;)

So that's still me, Mr-Stephen and Zoltan up for blind Crota raid. Ocean, you still in?

So our team still consists of

- Jinjo
- Mr-S
- Zoltan
- Ocean (?)
- open spot (unless Ambitious makes a glorious comeback)
- open spot

First plan was go at it friday the 12th 7pm GMT, we can start a day earlier too but that's gonna be from 8pm GMT at the earliest (for me). How does everyone else feel about that?

As far as I remember, tw1st was the only one who wanted to do it later (8.30), right?

Hey, yeah I spoke with Jinjo yesterday, won;t be able to make your group guys, sorry.

tw1st: That's fine. I'm sure plenty of groups will form in the days after release, so you will certainly find one at a time more convenient for you.

Jinjo: With tw1st out, 7pm is viable again. However, Thursday is impossible for me.

The only exotics I'm going to bother upgrading are Thorn for the next Iron Banner and then Ice Breaker and Horn for PvE. Otherwise I'm not playing into Bungie's crappy attempt at forcing us to play longer.

Ridwald

Is the Fate of All Fools gun being released in this update or is it still super rare and mysterious (i.e. only that one guy has it?)

From the information that we have now "The fate of fools" is not available, it should be accessible through the trials of osiris (event as iron banner or the queen) that will happen maybe early next year i'd guess (Iron banner being up on the 16th of december).

WipedOut

I didn't buy a thing except a couple shards to stock pile so I can start the painful process of upgrading my arsenal:

Not upgraded
TLW
Bad Juju
Plan C
Thunderlord (Maxed except for Exotic Shard Slot)
Pocket Infinity
Super Good Advice

Fully Upgraded
Suros
Patience and Time
The Truth

E92 M3

So for those of you working Tuesday (American time), will you avoid this thread or embrace all of the information on Mr. Crota's dungeon of fun?

LordofPwn

I dont have to to explain why i don't have numbers. but Found Verdict is still better than Universal Remote in all aspects. Fire rate, range, impact and reload. They really need to fix Universal Remote...

Jinjo

tw1st: That's fine. I'm sure plenty of groups will form in the days after release, so you will certainly find one at a time more convenient for you.

Jinjo: With tw1st out, 7pm is viable again. However, Thursday is impossible for me.

Good to hear it's still going through! GalacticToast offered yesterday to take tw1st's place. He is from the US, but he has a day off on friday (lucky him), so 7pm GMT works for him. Let's keep it that way!

Maybe we should make a chat on PSN? This thread moves fast sometimes. You have everyone's PSN?

realcZk

So for those of you working Tuesday (American time), will you avoid this thread or embrace all of the information on Mr. Crota's dungeon of fun?

took tuesday off but will not be running the raid till friday night with my buddies (blind).

so i'll be avoiding spoilers.

MEE8ad2.gif

LordofPwn

Will try to go blind at 3:30 PST as i'm fairly certain i will not be getting the day off. This means i will probably be staying away from here that day
because i don't trust any of you to use spoiler tags

X-Frame

Should we have any raid talk be spoiler tagged until maybe that Sunday to give most people a chance to experience it first before we talk openly?

I likely won't be running it until the weekend too and I think most people are in a similar situation.

Going to be tempted but I gotta avoid it while working. I may just toss neogaf on the firewall blacklist to stop myself.

realcZk

Should we have any raid talk be spoiler tagged until maybe that Sunday to give most people a chance to experience it first before we talk openly?

I likely won't be running it until the weekend too and I think most people are in a similar situation.

that would be cool

Should we create a dedicated thread for the Crota's End raid?

E92 M3

took tuesday off but will not be running the raid till friday night with my buddies (blind).

so i'll be avoiding spoilers.

MEE8ad2.gif

Will try to go blind at 3:30 PST as i'm fairly certain i will not be getting the day off. This means i will probably be staying away from here that day
because i don't trust any of you to use spoiler tags

Lucky you guys are getting off. I have way TOO much on my plate this quarter to take off =/

If we can all agree to spoiler tag the raid, I would be very happy. I want to run it Tuesday night and have no problems spoiler tagging the raid for even a week if needed.

Going to be tempted but I gotta avoid it while working. I may just toss neogaf on the firewall blacklist to stop myself.

Yeah, we just have to make it through work and assemble afterwards to go in blind lol.

Nodnol

Is there any information on new exotic armors? As in possible perks?

I want to know if it's worth upgrading existing exotics or waiting for a new drop? Knucklehead Radar is such a useful helmet, I'm leaning towards getting it up to 32.

Strider

If we can all agree to spoiler tag the raid, I would be very happy. I want to run it Tuesday night and have no problems spoiler tagging the raid for even a week if needed.

Yea I'd say a week is fair. And there can always be another thread specific for the raid where everything can go unmarked.

I mentioned this to Hawkian and I believe it's going to be requested that people use spoiler masks when discussing the new Raid. There are many teams that want to go in completely blind.

Lmao at Xur! Guy is complete trash. If I try to spin this into Bungie doing us a favor, they just wanted to put complete garbage in there so that we save our precious coins for the upgraded stuff. Also, they're letting us save precious Motes of Light by taking away engrams because there's just so much worth spending it on amirite? Yes I know IB is coming back but I assure you there's a great deal of gamers, especially casuals, that don't touch PvP. I guess the DLC will provide an opportunity for Xur to not suck for a couple weeks but then again, maybe we'll be trolled with 'upgraded' Voidfang ;) Man, I thought I was stockpiling too many coins with just one character due to Xur sucking but now that my Titan can do 28 heroics, I'm going to be Scrooge Mcduck rich at this rate! /endofweeklyxursucksrant

Ambitious

Is the Helm of Inmost Light worth buying if I already have An Insurmountable Skullfort, The Arnamentarium and No Backup Plans? My Titan is still level 12 or so, so I haven't yet tried any of them. My plan was to go with the Arnamentarium, having two grenades sounds useful.

LordofPwn

Lucky you guys are getting off. I have way TOO much on my plate this quarter to take off =/

If we can all agree to spoiler tag the raid, I would be very happy.

But im not getting tuesday off... and i have like 40 hours of pto to burn through this month. it sucks. But yeah please no spoilers people until the 16th.

Homeboyd

Is the Helm of Inmost Light worth buying if I already have An Insurmountable Skullfort, The Arnamentarium and No Backup Plans? My Titan is still level 12 or so, so I haven't yet tried any of them. My plan was to go with the Arnamentarium, having two grenades sounds useful.
Arma is the way to go for titans.
Saint is great for defenders but you have to get players/AI to enter your bubble which I don't count on often in higher end content (and I rarely ever play pvp).
Inmost is probably the best pvp helm for titans.
Have never played with the inmost.

Arma's 2 grenades are all I ever roll with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom