• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

image.php

lol, gotta grind that vanguard gear to replace my trash VoG gear asap
OLLp7RU.gif

phen0m24

Be interesting if Bungie would give us any hints on undiscovered stuff from VoG now that TDB is on its way.

A way to keep it fresh, perhaps?

Can a chest pop across from the end of the jumping puzzle?
Is there anything special we can do in the final chamber after beating Atheon?

I realize Christmas Noobs are a factor and they may do VoG, but will they bother with the "old" raid with its "measly" level 30 gear drops?

stb

Should we have any raid talk be spoiler tagged until maybe that Sunday to give most people a chance to experience it first before we talk openly?

I likely won't be running it until the weekend too and I think most people are in a similar situation.

Should we create a dedicated thread for the Crota's End raid?

This would be great. Spoiler tags here, "spoilers" thread for CE.

E92 M3

If you guys can, I'd also spoiler tag weapons/armor rewarded from the raid. Just to keep the sense of surprise for everyone.

zewone

Is there any information on new exotic armors? As in possible perks?

I want to know if it's worth upgrading existing exotics or waiting for a new drop? Knucklehead Radar is such a useful helmet, I'm leaning towards getting it up to 32.

Helmet

Obsidian Mind - "Insatiable" Nova Bomb kills reduce the cooldown of your next Nova Bomb.
Eternal Warrior - "Resolute" Provides Unstoppable for Fist of Havoc.
ExoTac Angel Hunter - "Angel Hunter" Significantly increases your weapons accuracy for a short time after jumping.

Chest

Purifier Robes - "Burn Brighter" Enemies killed by Ignite effects explode.
Gauntlets

Nothing Manacles - "The Cold Equation" Kills with Void Light abilities grant a shield.
ACD/0 Feedback Fence - "Wrath Conductors" Taking damage from a melee attack deals damage in an area around you.
Ikaheka's Hooks - "Touch of Venom" Hitting an enemy with a melee attack while invisible deals additional damage over time.

Boots

Unremarkable Bones - "Not Bound By Law" Upgrades Double Jump with an additional jump.
Peregrine Greaves - "Peregrine Strike" Shoulder Charge deals bonus damage when activated in the air.

Arma is the way to go for titans.
Saint is great for defenders but you have to get players/AI to enter your bubble which I don't count on often in higher end content (and I rarely ever play pvp).
Inmost is probably the best pvp helm for titans.
Have never played with the inmost.

Arma's 2 grenades are all I ever roll with.

Saint 95% of the time. Arma in very specific situations.

Saint is just soooooooooo good.

rNilla

I wonder if the supposed new gameplay elements in the story missions will better prepare us for the raid. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

realcZk

So are we just spoiler tagging raid-related stuff? Gear drops, mechanics, how useless hunters are, etc? Everything else goes?

From the information that we have now "The fate of fools" is not available, it should be accessible through the trials of osiris (event as iron banner or the queen) that will happen maybe early next year i'd guess (Iron banner being up on the 16th of december).

Holy shit. If this is true than The Dark Below will have 4 exotic weapons. Wow. Too obvious why they went with this reset of exotic weapons. 4!!!

I'm stupid, I bought the helm of in-most light for my Titan who has been waiting for helmet since I bought the game in October.

Yeah I'm stupid, wasted my coins on a helmet that is still max light 30 when the DLC will probably sell them at 31 but my Titan has been starving for a helmet

Spending 7 coins on an exotic shard next week to upgrade it seems like a fair price to guarantee the helmet you want today.

If there's one thing we all should have learned by now, its that we should buy what we want from Xur when he has it. Who knows when it will come up again...

Wallach

Saint is great for defenders but you have to get players/AI to enter your bubble which I don't count on often in higher end content (and I rarely ever play pvp).

I dunno about PvP but in PvE it's pretty much Armamentarium all day for me. I got mine the first time chest engrams were on Xur and I've pretty much used it the entire time since that day.

Homeboyd

lol, gotta grind that vanguard gear to replace my trash VoG gear asap
Your avatar just worked for that situation. Blind raid, wanting to not see spoilers, etc... :)

Saint 95% of the time. Arma in very specific situations.

Saint is just soooooooooo good.
What do you play mostly? I don't get close enough to enemies in PvE for it to be super useful (though it is great when you are in close quarters) and I just don't play PvP... so that extra grenade is really useful to me... in all situations.

Isn't Glasshouse coming out with this update? It's going to be the new best exotic for Titan in my eyes (for PvE which is what I care about) and what I'll be aiming for. Sorry Saint, I guess I never got to know thee: http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/3577254054
Yeah that shit looks amazing.

I wonder what the raid gear will boost this time (like oracle dmg bonus in VoG). What will be the new "oracles" or "praetorians".....?

Helmet

Obsidian Mind - "Insatiable" Nova Bomb kills reduce the cooldown of your next Nova Bomb.
ExoTac Angel Hunter - "Angel Hunter" Significantly increases your weapons accuracy for a short time after jumping.

Chest

Gauntlets

Nothing Manacles - "The Cold Equation" Kills with Void Light abilities grant a shield.
ACD/0 Feedback Fence - "Wrath Conductors" Taking damage from a melee attack deals damage in an area around you.
Ikaheka's Hooks - "Touch of Venom" Hitting an enemy with a melee attack while invisible deals additional damage over time.

Boots

Unremarkable Bones - "Not Bound By Law" Upgrades Double Jump with an additional jump.
Peregrine Greaves - "Peregrine Strike" Shoulder Charge deals bonus damage when activated in the air.

Is this all the exotic armour in the DLC? Which are for what class?

zewone

Isn't Glasshouse coming out with this update? It's going to be the new best exotic for Titan in my eyes (for PvE which is what I care about) and what I'll be aiming for. Sorry Saint, I guess I never got to know thee: http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/3577254054

Yeah, if this exotic is available definitely seems like the best for Titans.

Is this all the exotic armour in the DLC? Which are for what class?
No, there's definitely more. Like the ATS/8 ARACHNID for Hunters.

It goes Warlock, Titan, Hunter for the lists.

If anyone has room on their FT for TDB on Tues I'll be free all day after 9:30am central. I have 2 Level 30 Warlocks. My wittle Titan is only at 28 right now.

zewone

For more information about the datamined exotics:

http://www.destinydb.com/news/posts/76-massive-destiny-patch-tons-of-new-info-complete

Weapons

Auto Rifle

Necrochasm - "Cursebringer" Precision kills with this weapon frequently trigger a Cursed Thrall explosion.
Sniper Rifle

No Land Beyond - "The Master" Increased precision damage. Kills briefly increase damage against next target.
Rocket Launcher

Dragon's Breath - "Pyromancer" Rounds fired from this weapon leave a Solar Flare upon detonation.
Armor

Helmets

ATS/8 ARACHNID - "Arachnid Sensorium" Your Golden Gun zooms in for accuracy when aimed.
The Glasshouse - "Bathed In Light" Blessing of Light and Weapons of Light last longer.
The Ram (formerly The Stag) - "The Ram Arises" Activating Radiance from death disorients nearby enemies.
Chest

Starfire Protocol - "Starfire Protocol" Gain an extra Fusion Grenade.
Gauntlets

Claws of Ahamkara - "The Whispers" Gain an additional charge for Scorch and Energy Drain.
Ruin Wings - "Seeds of Ruin" Heavy ammo drops more often, and contains more ammo in each drop.
Don't Touch Me - "Defensive Reflex" Taking damage from a melee attack makes you briefly invisible.
Boots

Mk. 44 Stand Asides - "Be Somewhere Else" Increases the duration Shoulder Charge remains active.
Radiant Dance Machines - "The Dance" You move more quickly while aiming your weapon.
2:49PM ET - BRAND NEW EXOTICS! Ones we haven't seen anywhere else.

Weapons

Scout Rifle

347 Vesta Dynasty - "Goliath" and "David" talents; stat boosts (Armor/Agility) from Precision/Non-Precision kills
Shotgun

The 4th Horseman - "Thunderer" (and several on-kill effects) - A single trigger pull fires all four barrels.
Lord of Wolves - "Devil's Touch" Stacking rapid hits has the chance to set your target on fire.
Armor

Helmet

Chest

Gauntlets

Boots

Pimpwerx

I'm not even buying the DLC, but I think spoiler tagging is really dumb. You're not spoiling anything. You're going to fight 3 waves of something. The relic will be a sword. A giant knight and I'm going to guess a giant ogre will be the boss and miniboss. Was anyone spoiled on the VoG? It's no doubt much easier to just ignore the raid posts than spoiler tag something most people will have spoiled when they drop in with someone who's run it before. My first time through the vault, our fireteam leader had to explain each section to us. So we wouldn't waste time. Spoiler tagging essential game mechanics seems like people just want to see how far they can push the spoilertag envelope. It's like spoiler tagging a weather report. PEACE.

spyder_ur

Should we have any raid talk be spoiler tagged until maybe that Sunday to give most people a chance to experience it first before we talk openly?

I likely won't be running it until the weekend too and I think most people are in a similar situation.

I'd appreciate this too, but it might be inevitable for stuff to slip through the cracks.

For Defenders, yeah I'd probably use that over Armamentarium and Helm of Saint-14. Double Flashbangs is still really, really good in PvE though.

Well, yeah, ain't nobody using Strikers in the high end content! You won't be titan smashing Aetheon or Crota but you'll sure as hell be laying down some Weapons of Light!

I still haven't even had a chance to try Striker yet, almost done maxing Defender. I think I'm halfway on the current bubble and then just one bubble left after that.

I'm not even buying the DLC, but I think spoiler tagging is really dumb. You're not spoiling anything. You're going to fight 3 waves of something. The relic will be a sword. A giant knight and I'm going to guess a giant ogre will be the boss and miniboss. Was anyone spoiled on the VoG? It's no doubt much easier to just ignore the raid posts than spoiler tag something most people will have spoiled when they drop in with someone who's run it before. My first time through the vault, our fireteam leader had to explain each section to us. So we wouldn't waste time. Spoiler tagging essential game mechanics seems like people just want to see how far they can push the spoilertag envelope. It's like spoiler tagging a weather report. PEACE.

A lot of people on here are cool with "wasting time" and not having everything explained to them. That's called a challenge. It's cool you didn't/don't want one, sort of. Actually, it's pretty "dumb."

PEACE.

Steroyd

You'd be amazed at how often someone goes inside the Titan bubble in PvP, and in high end content it's all about the choke points and those damn minotaurs/Cabals.

Wallach

Ruin Wings are also on my radar for Titan PvE. More heavy ammo drops with more ammo restored per pickup, on top of reload bonus to all specials sounds pretty potent.

Well, yeah, ain't nobody using Strikers in the high end content! You won't be titan smashing Aetheon or Crota but you'll sure as hell be laying down some Weapons of Light!

I still haven't even had a chance to try Striker yet, almost done maxing Defender. I think I'm halfway on the current bubble and then just one bubble left after that.

Strikers are very underrated in raids. There is limited use for bubbles beyond the first in the raid, especially in certain encounters (Atheron is a good example, more than one Defender there is pointless unless you split sides or something). Both Flashbang and Fist are useful on nearly all of the trash in both encounters, which are generally more threatening than the bosses themselves.

RoKKeR

DestinyGAF, I've finally made my way up to 24 and have enough coins to buy the Warlock helmet on Xur this week. Should I pull the trigger? Is there any reason NOT to buy it?

This probably should be spoiler tagged since it's likely all correct.

Grimsen

What's wrong with wanting to go blind in the new raid? C'mon son.

MADGAME

I'm thinking knocking out the level 30 Nightfalls next week might be good before tackling the Raids, could get some useful gear from the new loot tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom