• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Well my dreams of getting a character to 30 before the DLC drops are officially over. First blow was not getting either the chest or helmet for my Titan (either would've done it) over my 2-day hard raid affair. If Xur had a Hunter Helmet today instead of that same gauntlet piece I have, I would've had a shot if I got a drop in the raid for my Hunter. My Warlock does not have one piece of raid gear after 8 or so runs. Alas, forever 29.

Or at least until Tuesday when I get the joy of grinding rep again.

This is the first week I haven't bought anything from Xur (other than a few exotic shards and a bunch of heavy ammo).

FyreWulff

I understand why there's no matchmaking for the raid since it's hardcore content, but shooting the shit here:

Completing all phases of the raid gives you a 'Raid Ticket' that lasts until the weekly reset.

A Raid Ticket lets you use Raid Matchmaking.

Raid Tickets lock out once matched into a raid (ie in your Inventory it'll say On Cooldown) for say, 24 hours, or until you complete a raid. This would discourage people from quitting out and trolling raid parties, and would give you a chance to 'make up' the raid if you truly had to run.

If you intentionally quit out twice you lose your raid ticket for that week.

This would gate Raid matchmaking in two ways: everyone in your party has had at least one raid run that week, and they're all aware of any recent changes to the raid.

Question. I am a level 30 with an exotic helmit and the rest raid gear equipped.

I got the helmet finally to complete the set.

Do I build up that helmit? Or is is better to just always keep an exotic armor equipped?

realcZk

It looks like it is using an iron sight, which is something that I really want from a sniper.

I think it will wreck in PVP.

maybe a 2 headshot kill with a slower rate of fire would be a good balance compromise for PvP, its bolt-action right?

if they will force you out of ADS for a bolt action animation between each shot, then they could amp the damage to compensate

Axoman

Wish I could give it a go with you guys but I have two problems.

1. I'll be out of town.
2. I'm #forever29

You guys should hit up Iceman829, panama chief, zoso achilles or StallionDC22, they are all 30s and are good guys and players.

Reminder. Still need a 6th (and possibly back-ups depending on who can make this date/time).

Xbone Crota's End (Blind) Crew

GAF Name (GT)
1. Homeboyd (Homeboyd903) - 30 | Titan
2. E92 (Trance Addix) - 30 | Hunter
3. giggletoe (Toejam2501) - 30 | Warlock
4. Sabotage (GmanM1) - 30 | Titan
5. Misterthirsty (Misterthirsty) - 30 | Titan

Reserves:

Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Time: 9:30 Eastern

Do me a favor and request to join this b.net group (we use the group wall to keep up with schedules, etc...): http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/380586

I'm not even buying the DLC, but I think spoiler tagging is really dumb. You're not spoiling anything. You're going to fight 3 waves of something. The relic will be a sword. A giant knight and I'm going to guess a giant ogre will be the boss and miniboss. Was anyone spoiled on the VoG? It's no doubt much easier to just ignore the raid posts than spoiler tag something most people will have spoiled when they drop in with someone who's run it before. My first time through the vault, our fireteam leader had to explain each section to us. So we wouldn't waste time. Spoiler tagging essential game mechanics seems like people just want to see how far they can push the spoilertag envelope. It's like spoiler tagging a weather report. PEACE.

The number one thing we don't want spoiled is strategies and the lay out. We want to figure out how to get through the Raid ourselves. This is the beginning of a Raid release and there are a number of teams that don't care about efficiency the first time they run it but rather want the satisfaction of figuring it out ourselves. We'll worry about how to do it efficiently for the next run. Then you have things like the jumping puzzle in the Vault which isn't anywhere else in the game so that was cool to encounter without prior knowledge too. Spoiler tags are about considering others so it doesn't matter if you see the point.

Pimpwerx

A lot of people on here are cool with "wasting time" and not having everything explained to them. That's called a challenge. It's cool you didn't/don't want one, sort of. Actually, it's pretty "dumb."

PEACE.
I apparently am the only person in possession of selective reading skills. The rest of you must be forced to read through reams of mostly irrelevant posts in order to trip up over the few spoilers that filter through. I have tried to bestow my superpower (I call it self control) upon others, but it seems that only I am capable of wielding such discretion.

There's plenty of challenge in the actual raid mechanics, not just the discovery. Otherwise, that flawless raider trophy wouldn't be so rare. Heyo! PEACE.

Helmet
Eternal Warrior - "Resolute" Provides Unstoppable for Fist of Havoc.

Guess this is cool, means I can have unstoppable and shoulder charge. But realistically, I don't see myself ever opting for it instead of Inmost Light

Maybe Glasshouse for Defender in certain situations. But anybody who doesn't see the value in Saint 14 in PvE hasn't used it effectively. You essentially get to create choke points for high volume encounters. For example, I always go right during the Conflux stage in VoG. You can drop a bubble near the top of the stairs that lead to the Templar, close to the cave where the Vex spawn, and you've essentially blinded any adds that try to reach the conflux. It can make a world of difference.

Question. I am a level 30 with an exotic helmit and the rest raid gear equipped.

Do I build up that helmit? Or is is better to just always keep an exotic armor equipped?

How does it compare to your exotic in terms of your play style? If the effects/stats aren't a good fit, than keep the exotic. AFAIK it really doesn't matter.

But then again I'm a Terminal 29 and a scrub :p

Edit: You should still level it though.

What do you play mostly? I don't get close enough to enemies in PvE for it to be super useful (though it is great when you are in close quarters) and I just don't play PvP... so that extra grenade is really useful to me... in all situations.

Raid mostly.

Just place the shield on the path of enemies. You get so much more time to deal with other stuff.
I use it during confluxes, new templar, gatekeepers (while holding the middle conflux between portals) and escaping atheon safelly from the middle rock.

Steroyd

I'm not even buying the DLC, but I think spoiler tagging is really dumb. You're not spoiling anything. You're going to fight 3 waves of something. The relic will be a sword. A giant knight and I'm going to guess a giant ogre will be the boss and miniboss. Was anyone spoiled on the VoG? It's no doubt much easier to just ignore the raid posts than spoiler tag something most people will have spoiled when they drop in with someone who's run it before. My first time through the vault, our fireteam leader had to explain each section to us. So we wouldn't waste time. Spoiler tagging essential game mechanics seems like people just want to see how far they can push the spoilertag envelope. It's like spoiler tagging a weather report. PEACE.

When i was attempting the flawless run for a week and a half it was fun working with the team trying to figure out how to get the glitches to not fuck us over, granted it was also fun trying to beat Atheon for the first time with the execution moreso than the knowledge of how to beat it, plus you have a really cynical view on the new raid, I hope it's more like the Atheon fight cranked to 11 rather than that.

stb

You might want to level up the raid helmet just to have multiple paths to 30/31/32, in case you decide you want to roll with an exotic chest/arms/legs.

Temidien

Neo Member
I'd like to form a party to tackle the new raid next Tuesday, beginning at 7 PM EST. If you'd like to take part, please be level 30, mic'ed, and equipped with maxed weapons of various damage types (I'm betting we'll have some Wizards to contend with, so make sure you have a trusty solar wep).

I'm not expecting to complete the raid that night and would like to keep the playtime to 3-4 hours as this is more of a "jump in and see how far we get" affair and we can pick up where we left off on a following day. I want it to be a casual and fun session, but one in which everyone is prepared and able to contribute.

1. Temidien, PSN: Temidien, Lvl 30, Hunter

Alts:

Please ensure all obnoxiously loud friends, crying babies, and drunk girlfriends angrily demanding attention are occupied in another room. :)

E92 M3

I apparently am the only person in possession of selective reading skills. The rest of you must be forced to read through reams of mostly irrelevant posts in order to trip up over the few spoilers that filter through. I have tried to bestow my superpower (I call it self control) upon others, but it seems that only I am capable of wielding such discretion.

There's plenty of challenge in the actual raid mechanics, not just the discovery. Otherwise, that flawless raider trophy wouldn't be so rare. Heyo! PEACE.

I don't understand why it's hard to grasp that some of us want to go in completely blind and enjoy the fresh experience we all paid money for. Secondly, no one is forcing you to read anything. We are here to trying to enjoy Destiny to the maximum potential.

So I see there are pulse telemitries on Xur.

I just got Red Death and Vision of Confluence in the Raid.

Which should I waste time leveling? I fully understand RD will reset eventually but I'll have the boost and there is no guarantee Xur will sell the upgrade soon.

Pimpwerx

The number one thing we don't want spoiled is strategies and the lay out. We want to figure out how to get through the Raid ourselves. This is the beginning of a Raid release and there are a number of teams that don't care about efficiency the first time they run it but rather want the satisfaction of figuring it out ourselves. We'll worry about how to do it efficiently for the next run. Then you have things like the jumping puzzle in the Vault which isn't anywhere else in the game so that was cool to encounter without prior knowledge too. Spoiler tags are about considering others so it doesn't matter if you see the point.
You'd be able to read all of those details before realizing you were being spoiled? This isn't like a Howard Stern listener spoiling a movie's end in a 3 word statement. You'd have to willingly read through a raid spoiler in order to be spoiled. No raid spoiler can be summed up in one sentence. Anyway, I'm not gonna comment on it again. I like to voice my disapproval over the wussification of society, and then leave it be. Spoiler tags are for people with impulse control problems; a group I do not belong to. The group at large will reach a consensus on this. I don't post here enough to matter. PEACE.

Homeboyd

Raid mostly.

Just place the shield on the path of enemies. You get so much more time to deal with other stuff.
I use it during confluxes, new templar, gatekeepers (while holding the middle conflux between portals) and escaping atheon safelly from the middle rock.
Yeah me too... but the you can still drop your WoD with the other helmets. The only bonus for using the saint is blinding enemies right?

I use arma and still use the WoD in all those scenarios you mentioned.

Which should I waste time leveling? I fully understand RD will reset eventually but I'll have the boost and there is no guarantee Xur will sell the upgrade soon.

I personally love VoC, both for the Solar Burn and the stability upgrade later on. Plus it can still be handy to keep around for at least the first few weeks when people will still be doing VoG runs.

Looking at the rotation the next strike seems to be Mars. Hopefully there's no solar burn for Spongebob. Can't think of a worst way to start off level 30 Nightfall..haha.

Nodnol

Helmet

Obsidian Mind - "Insatiable" Nova Bomb kills reduce the cooldown of your next Nova Bomb.
Eternal Warrior - "Resolute" Provides Unstoppable for Fist of Havoc.
ExoTac Angel Hunter - "Angel Hunter" Significantly increases your weapons accuracy for a short time after jumping.

Chest

Purifier Robes - "Burn Brighter" Enemies killed by Ignite effects explode.
Gauntlets

Nothing Manacles - "The Cold Equation" Kills with Void Light abilities grant a shield.
ACD/0 Feedback Fence - "Wrath Conductors" Taking damage from a melee attack deals damage in an area around you.
Ikaheka's Hooks - "Touch of Venom" Hitting an enemy with a melee attack while invisible deals additional damage over time.

Boots

Unremarkable Bones - "Not Bound By Law" Upgrades Double Jump with an additional jump.
Peregrine Greaves - "Peregrine Strike" Shoulder Charge deals bonus damage when activated in the air.

Thank you!

Knucklehead Radar it is.

X-Frame

Looking at the rotation the next strike seems to be Mars. Hopefully there's no solar burn for Spongebob. Can't think of a worst way to start off level 30 Nightfall..haha.

The last 3 weeks repeated Weeks 1-3 when Destiny launched, so next week will be Mars with Arc Burn like Week 4 -- its a cycle now.

ocean

Banned
I'd like to form a party to tackle the new raid next Tuesday, beginning at 7 PM EST. If you'd like to take part, please be level 30, mic'ed, and equipped with maxed weapons of various damage types (I'm betting we'll have some Wizards to contend with, so make sure you have a trusty solar wep).

I'm not expecting to complete the raid that night and would like to keep the playtime to 3-4 hours as this is more of a "jump in and see how far we get" affair and we can pick up where we left off on a following day. I want it to be a casual and fun session, but one in which everyone is prepared and able to contribute.

Alts:

Please ensure all obnoxiously loud friends, crying babies, and drunk girlfriends angrily demanding attention are occupied in another room. :)
I signed up for a group to do this on Friday but my schedule changed and I'll be able to run on launch day as well.

I'm a level 30 Titan with 300 attack Vision of Confluence, Fatebringer, Ice Breaker, Patience & Time and Hezen Vengeance (Arc/Solar come at me). Save me a spot! Only thing is I might not be able to talk much over mic because my roommates will be sleeping (I'm in Europe)

a_javierp on PSN

Alts:

I am in for this! Level 30 Titan, Hunter or Warlock. Maxed weapons that are solar and arc (Vision of Confluence, Hezen Vengeance, Fatebringer, Patience and Time, IceBreaker, many more!)

PS4: Cosmos_Man

When are we doing Crota raid?

Are we still doing our Nightfall runs Tuesday night? Likely not?

Yeah me too... but the you can still drop your WoD with the other helmets. The only bonus for using the saint is blinding enemies right?

I use arma and still use the WoD in all those scenarios you mentioned.

Sure, but if you use Saint, the enemies stop inside the bubble and walk out totally confused. It's a blessing in "choke points" like confluxes and gatekeepers.

I guess Atheon and Templar dont need the helmet tho.

Alts:

How many hours after launch is that? I want to do the raid as soon as possible. Level 30 Titan, with maxed exotics/legendaries, Flawless Raider.

VoC, it is a great solar weapon you will want for CE

DestinyGAF, I've finally made my way up to 24 and have enough coins to buy the Warlock helmet on Xur this week. Should I pull the trigger? Is there any reason NOT to buy it?
The downside is that you'll have to pay extra in-game monies for the post-DLC defense/Light upgrade if you want to level past 30. If you really want it now and don't want to wait around for Xur to sell post-DLC gear or gear upgrades, then by all means purchase it. Just be aware of what you're getting into. I wouldn't spend any currency leveling it up until after the DLC launches if I were you.

Level the vision. Personally I've stopped putting time into exotics, but legendary guns are getting worked on.

Does anyone know if the raid shotgun comes in other flavors than arc? Same question for foil(solar). I was one-shotting oracles yesterday. The guy who went in with me was shocked then upset cause he doesn't like when he's made useless.

Spoiler tagging is just a courtesy to acknowledge the fact that some people may want to engage with the content differently than you do. It's just a nice thing to do.

Level the vision. Personally I've stopped putting time into exotics, but legendary guns are getting worked on.

Does anyone know if the raid shotgun comes in other flavors than arc? Same question for foil(solar). I was one-shotting oracles yesterday. The guy who went in with me was shocked then upset cause he doesn't like when he's made useless.

How do you one shot oracles? Ice Breaker?

matmanx1

I dont have to to explain why i don't have numbers. but Found Verdict is still better than Universal Remote in all aspects. Fire rate, range, impact and reload. They really need to fix Universal Remote...

FV beats UR (in terms of range and dmg) even when aiming down the sights with UR? If so then UR is still broken badly.

I actually like Invective better than FV for the ammo regen, sound and look but FV is the superior shotgun in many circumstances.

You'd be able to read all of those details before realizing you were being spoiled? This isn't like a Howard Stern listener spoiling a movie's end in a 3 word statement. You'd have to willingly read through a raid spoiler in order to be spoiled. No raid spoiler can be summed up in one sentence. Anyway, I'm not gonna comment on it again. I like to voice my disapproval over the wussification of society, and then leave it be. Spoiler tags are for people with impulse control problems; a group I do not belong to. The group at large will reach a consensus on this. I don't post here enough to matter. PEACE.

Are you serious? I am dumber for having read that. Seriously.

You talk about the "wussification" of society? You're the one who wants everything spoon-fed to you. You've gotta be kidding me.

Also, "mattering" on a video gaming website shouldn't really be of concern to any of us. The fact you even make a comment like that is telling.

I always love knowing what people like you do for a living when you aren't trying to be the "reasonable, logical, smartass" on a video gaming website. I think I'd get a really good laugh.

Temidien

Neo Member

Awesome, looking forward to playing with you both :)

For the uninitiated:

2. ocean, PSN: a_javierp, Lvl 30, Titan
3. Byron Bluth, PSN: Cosmos_Man, Lvl 30, Hunter/Warlock

Alts:

I understand why there's no matchmaking for the raid since it's hardcore content, but shooting the shit here:

Completing all phases of the raid gives you a 'Raid Ticket' that lasts until the weekly reset.

A Raid Ticket lets you use Raid Matchmaking.

Raid Tickets lock out once matched into a raid (ie in your Inventory it'll say On Cooldown) for say, 24 hours, or until you complete a raid. This would discourage people from quitting out and trolling raid parties, and would give you a chance to 'make up' the raid if you truly had to run.

If you intentionally quit out twice you lose your raid ticket for that week.

This would gate Raid matchmaking in two ways: everyone in your party has had at least one raid run that week, and they're all aware of any recent changes to the raid.

But what's the point of doing the raid again after you beat it since you don't get any rewards?

Temidien

Neo Member
How many hours after launch is that? I want to do the raid as soon as possible. Level 30 Titan, with maxed exotics/legendaries, Flawless Raider.

I believe DLC unlocks at 1 AM PST, so this would be well after that (more of a casual after-work run for those on the East Coast, we're not aiming to be the first to clear).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom