• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Looking at the rotation the next strike seems to be Mars. Hopefully there's no solar burn for Spongebob. Can't think of a worst way to start off level 30 Nightfall..haha.
You wanna create a team for the Crota raid? Let's do it since everyone else is doing that as well.

CROTAS END FIRST TIME RAID AT LAUNCH - 4AM EST TUESDAY DECEMBER 9TH

I got next Tuesday and Wednesday off work!!! Woohoo! That means an early bedtime Monday night and an early rise for the launch of The Dark Below.

So, lets get some experienced Level 30 Only raiders with all 3 weapon slots with a mix of solar and arc weapons!

I have a Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter, with many max leveled arc/solar weapons such as Vision of Confluence, Patience and Time, Hezen Vengeance, IceBreaker and many more!

PS4: Cosmos_Man

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
2. ComputerMkII - PSN: ComputerMkII - Level 30 Titan

Please respond with your PSN, class(es) and weapon selection. I won't add your weapon selection above, just to vet you.

Level the vision. Personally I've stopped putting time into exotics, but legendary guns are getting worked on.

Does anyone know if the raid shotgun comes in other flavors than arc? Same question for foil(solar). I was one-shotting oracles yesterday. The guy who went in with me was shocked then upset cause he doesn't like when he's made useless.

VoC, it is a great solar weapon you will want for CE

I personally love VoC, both for the Solar Burn and the stability upgrade later on. Plus it can still be handy to keep around for at least the first few weeks when people will still be doing VoG runs.

Guess I'll do both. I do reeeeally like how Confluence feels.

Ghazi

Reminder. Still need a 6th (and possibly back-ups depending on who can make this date/time).

Xbone Crota's End (Blind) Crew

GAF Name (GT)
1. Homeboyd (Homeboyd903) - 30 | Titan
2. E92 (Trance Addix) - 30 | Hunter
3. giggletoe (Toejam2501) - 30 | Warlock
4. Sabotage (GmanM1) - 30 | Titan
5. Misterthirsty (Misterthirsty) - 30 | Titan

Reserves:

Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Time: 9:30 Eastern

Do me a favor and request to join this b.net group (we use the group wall to keep up with schedules, etc...): http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/380586
I'm down for it, if you have room. Will join group later.

30 - Warlock

E: errr, I'll have to check my schedule and will let you know. Just consider me unable to, until I let you know.

LiK

You guys can do it early if you want. I don't care about going in blind at all. I don't really want to play it for 8-10 hours trying to figure stuff out like I did with VoG.

Temidien

Neo Member

I got next Tuesday and Wednesday off work!!! Woohoo! That means an early bedtime Monday night and an early rise for the launch of The Dark Below.

Learn everything so you can teach us tactics for our run later that day! :)

Guess I'll do both. I do reeeeally like how Confluence feels.

All of your current weapons will be viable for a week or so after the DLC hits. I think it'll take a little longer to get the new weapons than what everyone has been saying.

When you go into the new raid, you'll have to bring all your current shit. Might as well be as prepared as possible.

Well my friends, the streak is alive and well. Every single time I've gotten an exotic weapon from the Nightfall, Xur has ended up selling it the same week.

This week I thought the curse finally ended because I got a Plan C and since he just sold it last week I thought it'd be impossible for the streak to continue. I was wrong...

So if anybody wants to know what Xur is selling next week just hit me up on Tuesday and I'll let you know if I get an exotic weapon or not.

void666

Banned
I'd like to form a party to tackle the new raid next Tuesday, beginning at 7 PM EST. If you'd like to take part, please be level 30, mic'ed, and equipped with maxed weapons of various damage types (I'm betting we'll have some Wizards to contend with, so make sure you have a trusty solar wep).

I'm not expecting to complete the raid that night and would like to keep the playtime to 3-4 hours as this is more of a "jump in and see how far we get" affair and we can pick up where we left off on a following day. I want it to be a casual and fun session, but one in which everyone is prepared and able to contribute.

1. Temidien, PSN: Temidien, Lvl 30, Hunter

Alts:

Please ensure all obnoxiously loud friends, crying babies, and drunk girlfriends angrily demanding attention are occupied in another room. :)

One of my first raids a team mate had a baby girl screaming and crying for over 15 minutes. We were being wiped left and right and that baby screaming in my ears. God...

R0ckman

They could have easily reaped some goodwill and happiness from the players by saying, surprise! Were selling an exotic weapon from The Dark Below to get you excited for next week and to make up for communicating like a mute mule.

Instead Plan C... Again.

Like the developers purposely wanted to say fuck you for being upset with us.

That's the thing though, it's not the devs who are controlling this. The devs according to GI are suffering too and they are on the same server as us. Something else is in the darkness controlling this mess.

spyder_ur

Awesome, looking forward to playing with you both :)

For the uninitiated:

I'd like to form a party to tackle the new raid next Tuesday, beginning at 7 PM EST. If you'd like to take part, please be level 30, mic'ed, and equipped with maxed weapons of various damage types (I'm betting we'll have some Wizards to contend with, so make sure you have a trusty solar wep).

I'm not expecting to complete the raid that night and would like to keep the playtime to 3-4 hours as this is more of a "jump in and see how far we get" affair and we can pick up where we left off on a following day. I want it to be a casual and fun session, but one in which everyone is prepared and able to contribute.

2. ocean, PSN: a_javierp, Lvl 30, Titan
3. Byron Bluth, PSN: Cosmos_Man, Lvl 30, Hunter/Warlock

Alts:

Please ensure all obnoxiously loud friends, crying babies, and drunk girlfriends angrily demanding attention are occupied in another room. :)

I'm forever 29, but the smallest nudge will push me to 30 and I'll have a few hours before then to confirm that. The time is great for me though. If it's alright, I'd like to join up with the contigency that if I can't get to 30 by that time I'll drop out. I'm very much a laid-back player as people here can attest to.

And I keep all of my obnoxious friends, babies and drunk girlfriends locked up.

E92 M3

30 - Warlock

E: errr, I'll have to check my schedule and will let you know. Just consider me unable to, until I let you know.

Seems like we do, since one person said they can't. Either way, what is your GT so I can add you regardless?

So, lets get some experienced Level 30 Only raiders with all 3 weapon slots with a mix of solar and arc weapons!

I have a Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter, with many max leveled arc/solar weapons such as Vision of Confluence, Patience and Time, Hezen Vengeance, IceBreaker and many more!

PS4: Cosmos_Man

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter

Please respond with your PSN, class(es) and weapon selection.

• PSN: ComputerMkII
  • Class: Titan
  • Level: 30
  • Maxed regular weapons: Hawkmoon, Vision of Confluence (Solar), Fatebringer (Arc), Atheon's Epilogue (Void)
  • Maxed special weapons: Ice Breaker (Solar), Praedyth's Revenge (Void), Found Verdict (Arc), 77 Wizard (Void)
  • Maxed heavy weapons: Hezen Vengeance (Solar), The Cure (Void), another Cure (Arc)
Also, I'm a Flawless Raider

Homeboyd

30 - Warlock

Got it. I'll leave you on as a back-up until you confirm. What's your GT?

GAF Name (GT)

Reserves:
1. ghazi (ghazzarro) - 30 | Warlock

Do me a favor and request to join this b.net group (we use the group wall to keep up with schedules, etc...): http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/380586

Any Hard Raids this weekend going down? Unless I can get in both each week, I don't see myself getting out of the Terminal 29 status for a few more weeks minimum. Especially now that most people in the level range will be jumping into the EoC Raid.

Ghazi

GAF Name (GT)

Reserves:
1. ghazi (ghazi) - 30 | Warlock

Seems like we do, since one person said they can't. Either way, what is your GT so I can add you regardless?
"Ghazzarro"

Coconut

Banned
Any Hard Raids this weekend going down? Unless I can get in both each week, I don't see myself getting out of the Terminal 29 status for a few more weeks minimum. Especially now that most people in the level range will be jumping into the EoC Raid.

I might get one going tonight.

Sullichin

My alt is halfway through Crucible rank 2...I wonder if you get a Commendation at rank 3 or only after. If I recall you don't get a package at rank 3.

Just turned in 7 bounties and it felt like a horrible, horrible waste of XP at this point.

Namikaze1

Both my Hunter and Titan just need to do Nightfall and Weekly next week to level up Vanguard. As for my Warlock, I need to hand in about 5-7 bounties to get her to the same point as the other two. I want the new legendary gear.

Strikers are very underrated in raids. There is limited use for bubbles beyond the first in the raid, especially in certain encounters (Atheron is a good example, more than one Defender there is pointless unless you split sides or something). Both Flashbang and Fist are useful on nearly all of the trash in both encounters, which are generally more threatening than the bosses themselves.
That's a good point, actually. You could run striker for a majority of the Raid and then just swap to Defender for Templar and Aetheon. One other use for Defender in the meantime would be that perk that causes damage to your bubble dropping orbs. That could be useful through out.
You'd be able to read all of those details before realizing you were being spoiled? This isn't like a Howard Stern listener spoiling a movie's end in a 3 word statement. You'd have to willingly read through a raid spoiler in order to be spoiled. No raid spoiler can be summed up in one sentence. Anyway, I'm not gonna comment on it again. I like to voice my disapproval over the wussification of society, and then leave it be. Spoiler tags are for people with impulse control problems; a group I do not belong to. The group at large will reach a consensus on this. I don't post here enough to matter. PEACE.
Yes, believe it or not, I'm capable of reading more than one word in the span of a second and I doubt I'm the only one. If someone posts without mentioning the word "Raid" or "Crota" specifically, you might not know what you're reading initially. There are many posters in this thread, do you really think every single person would post in a manner that wouldn't spoil things immediately? That's naivety. An example: "Use bubble in the middle for Aetheon" Only the last word of this sentence gives away what is being referenced if you've never run the vault before. I now progress through the Raid and get to Aetheon and see this middle structure. Instead of trying to figure out how to take this guy down, developing strategies on the go, it becomes "hey guys, someone on gaf said to just get in that middle structure and drop a bubble". I agree with you that sometimes spoilers are used unnecessarily and that some people consider ridiculous things spoilers like a weapon in one FF being named the same as in a previous entry. This particular request is not "wussy", quite the contrary as we are trying to take on something that will make things MORE challenging. Your opinion is dually noted and I'd likewise like to voice my opinion that it's ridiculous to scream the word Peace at the end of every post.

spyder_ur

My alt is halfway through Crucible rank 2...I wonder if you get a Commendation at rank 3 or only after. If I recall you don't get a package at rank 3.

Just turned in 7 bounties and it felt like a horrible, horrible waste of XP at this point.

I'm curious about this too. The Game Informer preview doesn't make it clear - it just says they will be dropped when a new level is reached and delivered via the postmaster. I'm also curious if this is true of the faction vendors, not just vanguard and crucible.

Temidien

Neo Member
One of my first raids a team mate had a baby girl screaming and crying for over 15 minutes. We were being wiped left and right and that baby screaming in my ears. God...

Recently played with someone who left during Templar to pay the pizza guy and spent the entirety of Atheon arguing with his roommate's drunk girlfriend who was trying to get with him while he was playing. Not sure if he was the hero or villain of that pub run.

I'm forever 29, but the smallest nudge will push me to 30 and I'll have a few hours before then to confirm that. The time is great for me though. If it's alright, I'd like to join up with the contigency that if I can't get to 30 by that time I'll drop out. I'm very much a laid-back player as people here can attest to.

And I keep all of my obnoxious friends, babies and drunk girlfriends locked up.

I'm adding you to the list. If you can make 30, awesome, if not, no worries, you seem cool. Let me know if you need help running nightfall/weekly/VoG before then to get you to level.

Also, what's your PSN ID and guardian class?

Spots are filling up, call now for BIG SAVINGS:

2. ocean, PSN: a_javierp, Lvl 30, Titan
3. Byron Bluth, PSN: Cosmos_Man, Lvl 30, Hunter/Warlock
4. schwagger15, PSN: _______, Lvl 29ish, ________

Alts:

Namikaze1

God it hurts to hold the DS4. Accidentally cut myself while cutting onions last night. Fucking hurts. But I need to suck it up and do these last few bounties.

stb

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB

We will be running the Atheon checkpoint 3 times for characters to get the damn elusive Vex that really isn't elusive because some people have gotten 5 or more of the fucking thing. Bungie just has a broken loot system that hopefully will be fixed in Crota's End based on the changes they announced yesterday.

Anyways! Here is our roster so far:
1. Cosmos_Man (me) - 3 Level 30 Characters (All 3 Classes)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson (PSN: greyblade)
4. Berried_treasurE (stb)
5. Dave_6
6. Bizazedo

Every Wednesday starting next week on Wecdnesday December 10th.

So, I feel like I've betrayed the #forevernovex club before it even began.

I had my first experience hard mode VoG last night, Gatekeepers through Atheon on schwagger15's checkpoint... and got the Vex. The very first time it was even possible for me to get it.

I'd really like to have a scheduled hard mode run every week, because i still need many raid drops (especially the raid helm) and the shot at an exotic.

But I understand if someone who is genuinely #forevernovex wants my slot, since this group is formed around that.

spyder_ur

I'm adding you to the list. If you can make 30, awesome, if not, no worries, you seem cool. Let me know if you need help running nightfall/weekly/VoG before then to get you to level.

Also, what's your PSN ID and guardian class?

Spots are filling up, call now for BIG SAVINGS:

Cool thanks. I'll be bringing my Titan and PSN is spyder_ur. I've got maxed GHorn, Vision, P&T, Hawkmoon, CM, etc. (or version 1 maxed, maxed as of now, you get the point).

Learn everything so you can teach us tactics for our run later that day! :)

That's the plan! I will use whatever characters I didn't run in the launch one for ours.

• PSN: ComputerMkII
  • Class: Titan
  • Level: 30
  • Maxed regular weapons: Hawkmoon, Vision of Confluence (Solar), Fatebringer (Arc), Atheon's Epilogue (Void)
  • Maxed special weapons: Ice Breaker (Solar), Praedyth's Revenge (Void), Found Verdict (Arc), 77 Wizard (Void)
  • Maxed heavy weapons: Hezen Vengeance (Solar), The Cure (Void), another Cure (Arc)
Also, I'm a Flawless Raider

Added above!

I had my first experience hard mode VoG last night, Gatekeepers through Atheon on schwagger15's checkpoint... and got the Vex. The very first time it was even possible for me to get it.

I'd really like to have a scheduled hard mode run every week, because i still need many raid drops (especially the raid helm) and the shot at an exotic.

But I understand if someone who is genuinely #forevernovex wants my slot, since this group is formed around that.

Congrats!!! We will likely just be running Atheon so yeah...

GAF Name (GT)

Reserves:
1. ghazi (ghazzarro) - 30 | Warlock

I'm hoping this is 930pm. If so I should be good to go.

I think iceman829 maybe wanted to join he has a level 30 hunter. Not sure of his schedule though, know he posted about it when this group was forming.

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB

Looking for someone to take stb's spot! Lucky guy got a Vex!

We will be running the Atheon checkpoint 3 times for characters to get the damn elusive Vex that really isn't elusive because some people have gotten 5 or more of the fucking thing. Bungie just has a broken loot system that hopefully will be fixed in Crota's End based on the changes they announced yesterday.

Anyways! Here is our roster so far:
1. Cosmos_Man (me) - 3 Level 30 Characters (All 3 Classes)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson (PSN: greyblade)
4. OPEN
5. Dave_6
6. Bizazedo

Every Wednesday starting next week on Wecdnesday December 10th.

I rarely use mine in the Raid, just checked it in my vault and it looks like the Warhead perk has been removed? Either that or the Destiny Comanion App is wonky

It's use in the raid is incredibly small. The one and only time I touch it is oracles when Atheon teleports us(and that's if I'm not relic wielding). It's a terrible gun against preatorians/minotaurs. I rather go with the Void Wizard 77.

Speaking of relic wielding....I hope they are in no way a part of the next raid. I've seen waves and waves of cowards in my time raiding and it's terrible when 2 of 6 are willing to handle/know at all how to handle the relic. All that cheesing made a bunch of 'don't know shit' lvl 30 gaurdians.

spyder_ur

Ah, you earned that one...that was a bear. Even if I'm a bit jealous that you got it and I received nothing but shards for both of those checkpoints when all I needed was one armor piece. I'd be down to continue running hard VoG in the future too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom