• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CROTAS END FIRST TIME RAID AT LAUNCH - 4AM EST TUESDAY DECEMBER 9TH

I got next Tuesday and Wednesday off work!!! Woohoo! That means an early bedtime Monday night and an early rise for the launch of The Dark Below.

So, lets get some experienced Level 30 Only raiders with all 3 weapon slots with a mix of solar and arc weapons!

I have a Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter, with many max leveled arc/solar weapons such as Vision of Confluence, Patience and Time, Hezen Vengeance, IceBreaker and many more!

PS4: Cosmos_Man

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
2. ComputerMkII - PSN: ComputerMkII - Level 30 Titan
3. Auto_aim1 - PSN: Kartik21 - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
4. R0ckman - PSN: arekkusu77 - Level 30 Hunter
5. Dhruv_hanom - PSN: Dhruv_Hanom - Level 30 Titan
6. hydruxo - PSN: hydruxo - Level 30 Hunter

Alt(s):
1. toastyToast
2. a_javierp

I will send a group PSN message to everyone soon!

hydruxxo I am down for another one after this one!
PSN PikaPuff
30 Titan. 30 Warlock. No Ghallarhorn. Max everything else.

I did the normal raid for the first time last night. Extremely fun, and the group I got in with from destinylfg was great. It makes the rest of the game look stupidly simplistic in comparison.

Hopefully they start integrating some teamwork mechanics into non-raid content. Even though it still amounts to just shooting stuff, the little mini objectives while shooting things are a great change of pace.

P.S. How much harder is the hard mode than normal?

Yes that's a good point about teamwork mechanics in non raid content. specificly strikes which they keep telling us are designed with teams in mind.

Ambitious

If you're talking about the room before the cave, it's entirely skippable. If you're talking about the room with the boss, they're entirely avoidable if u hide behind the wall where u land when u first jump down or use the cheese spot to the left.

And the obsidian helm and the akahm(sp) arm. Good time to be a lock.

The former. But I've made it past them now.

You have room? I have a 28 titan with max solar weapons.

PSN: Haybro_

Great, thanks. Sending you a FR.

hoggert

Bastion and First Light are two awesome maps, but thank you Bungie for removing them from control/clash. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Almost makes me almost sorta forgive them for the exotic/commendation changes.

This is my fear as a 29. Made it to the gatekeeper once, but I've never finished the hard raid.

It's a video game so there's no need to fear anything. Except the P.T. demo. That shit made me straight up fearful.

But seriously, you'll be fine as a 29 in the hard raid. Definitely be very defensive and focus on taking out the adds. That will make it easier for the 30s to focus on the main tasks without getting hobgobbed or some shit. Also, when in doubt, run the fuck away and recover your health. Since there are no revives, a downed man is basically a wipe for the entire team in most situations.

phen0m24

This is my fear as a 29. Made it to the gatekeeper once, but I've never finished the hard raid.

Hey guys the deal is: the raid is a team affair. The fact that that raid helmet drops in hard mode only, which is typically your last stop and then you hit 30, means to me at least that it's meant to be a mix of those who've gone before and newcomers. You get your 30 and the cycle continues.

Destiny firefight mode! I want!!
There REALLY needs to be more events like the one in Skywatch where there's a huge number of increasingly powerful enemies fight it out around you. Some of the most fun I've had on patrols, really needs to happen more often in more places.

Hey guys the deal is: the raid is a team affair. The fact that that raid helmet drops in hard mode only, which is typically your last stop and then you hit 30, means to me at least that it's meant to be a mix of those who've gone before and newcomers. You get your 30 and the cycle continues.
I always saw it as them intending you to complete your set in normal, ie gloves, chest and boots and exotic helmet, and then going to hard to get the helmet so you can have more flexibility. Of course, it doesn't work out that way.

pj

Banned
Nice, glad you enjoyed. You should hop on with some people here - most are on PS4.

And yes, hard raid is pretty hard. I had ran through normal maybe 10-12 times and over the last couple days completed my hard and it took a long time. Much of it is level-dependent though - at 29 some tasks you just aren't cut out for - particularly relic duties as you go down very easily. Other than that, the mechanics are mostly the same except for a few things, notably no revives.

<- Xboner :(

I did Hard raid with a bunch of fellow gaffers with my 29 character, never again. I felt useless, being squishy as hell and doing squat damage with my maxed weapons. I will do it again only when I'm 30, I don't like being carried like that.

Kind of what I figured, that's why I didn't attempt the raid until I was 28 with some decent weapons. I don't like being a drain on the team.

Coconut

Banned
There REALLY needs to be more events like the one in Skywatch where there's a huge number of increasingly powerful enemies fight it out around you. Some of the most fun I've had on patrols, really needs to happen more often in more places.

I hope they increase the frequency and number of little events like that and maybe tie some increased drop numbers to them and and public events.

I did Hard raid with a bunch of fellow gaffers with my 29 character, never again. I felt useless, being squishy as hell and doing squat damage with my maxed weapons. I will do it again only when I'm 30, I don't like being carried like that.
I've been running hard raids as a 29 and while I definitely feel less capable and squishier than the 30s in the crew (we ran it Wednesday and I was the lone 29), I definitely didn't feel useless. I don't think anyone else on the team had to carry or cover for me, I took and held my regular responsibilities. It was just a bit tougher.

spyder_ur

Yup, finished it as a 29 over the last couple days but I'm not sure it's something I'm rushing to do again. Some parts were fine, but some were hairy and you're just not cut out for certain stuff, particularly relic duty. Oracles weren't too bad, but basically anytime 3 29s got ported (especially to Venus) it was a wipe.

Is it actually the norm that the helmet is the last stop to 30? All three classes have had regular access to an exotic helm the entirety the game has been out, it seems like. Yeah, as a warlock you might prefer to use HoPF instead of a helm...but if your goal is to get 30, an exotic helm has seemed to be the easiest path to that.

My Titan has Inmost Light/Saint-14, Hunter has Symbiote/Third Man, and Warlock has Dire Ahamkara/Light Beyond Nemesis.

At least for me, I focused on hitting 30 first with those pieces of gear. If I happened to get a raid helm then my options would open a little more. But after months of hard raiding and not getting a single raid helmet on any of my characters, it is far more worth it to me to be level 30 than to wait for RNG to not be a right lousy fucker.

forrest

formerly nacire
Forrest is a great dude who was also part of our 2-day, many hour hard raid clear.

Thanks man, finally getting a Timebreaker made me happier than getting a third Vex! Seems crazy I know. Really looking forward to going in blind and 7pm est with a casual, but focused group sounds perfect for me as does the 3-4 hour length.

Is it actually the norm that the helmet is the last stop to 30? All three classes have had regular access to an exotic helm the entirety the game has been out, it seems like. Yeah, as a warlock you might prefer to use HoPF instead of a helm...but if your goal is to get 30, an exotic helm has seemed to be the easiest path to that.
For my warlock, I was waiting on raid boots which i just got on this week's hard raid run. I haven't run across HoPF, I run an exotic helm which I got before I started raiding.

phen0m24

I always saw it as them intending you to complete your set in normal, ie gloves, chest and boots and exotic helmet, and then going to hard to get the helmet so you can have more flexibility. Of course, it doesn't work out that way.

That's true as well, but going into normal you have to work together. You just have to do more so in hard. Look I've seen some freaking amazing players in the raid bring in underleveled alts. NarcissisticJay and IRAWRASAURUS ran around with 25's in the normal and were wrecking it. I've seen Vibrations at 29 say he would solo a GK portal. It's just putting the teamwork into overdrive. So freaking magical when everyone clicks. I think that's what brings us all back to this game despite our (my) whiny moments.

Any level 29 that did the hard raid this week, how much damage did a non-critical fully-maxed Ice Breaker shot do?

I think it usually drops their health to 15-25% on the normal goblins. I don't remember damage numbers or anything since I'm mostly focusing on hitting the crit spot.

#forever29

So went through all of my exotics and I have 11 maxed weapons and 11 pieces of maxed armor. Not even counting the other exotics which are partially leveled. A lot of progress is gonna be reset.

Edit** that is roughly 2,337,500 xp just for the weapons which is roughly 995 2500xp bounties or if you do half 2500xp and half 5000xp bounties it would require 623 bounties

Temidien

Neo Member
Put me down for a slot.

Added.

I'd like to form a party to tackle the new raid next Tuesday, beginning at 7 PM EST. If you'd like to take part, please be level 30, mic'ed, and equipped with maxed weapons of various damage types (I'm betting we'll have some Wizards to contend with, so make sure you have a trusty solar wep).

I'm not expecting to complete the raid that night and would like to keep the playtime to 3-4 hours as this is more of a "jump in and see how far we get" affair and we can pick up where we left off on a following day. I want it to be a casual and fun session, but one in which everyone is prepared and able to contribute.

1. Temidien, PSN: Temidien, Lvl 30, Hunter
2. ocean, PSN: a_javierp, Lvl 30, Titan
3. Byron Bluth, PSN: Cosmos_Man, Lvl 30, Hunter/Warlock
4. schwagger15, PSN: spyder_ur, Lvl 29ish, Titan
5. forrest, PSN: Forrest_Crump, Lvl 30, Hunter

Alts:

Please ensure all obnoxiously loud friends, crying babies, and drunk girlfriends angrily demanding attention are occupied in another room. :)

CROTAS END FIRST TIME RAID AT LAUNCH - 4AM EST TUESDAY DECEMBER 9TH

I got next Tuesday and Wednesday off work!!! Woohoo! That means an early bedtime Monday night and an early rise for the launch of The Dark Below.

So, lets get some experienced Level 30 Only raiders with all 3 weapon slots with a mix of solar and arc weapons!

I have a Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter, with many max leveled arc/solar weapons such as Vision of Confluence, Patience and Time, Hezen Vengeance, IceBreaker and many more!

PS4: Cosmos_Man

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
2. ComputerMkII - PSN: ComputerMkII - Level 30 Titan
3. Auto_aim1 - PSN: Kartik21 - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
4. R0ckman - PSN: arekkusu77 - Level 30 Hunter
5. Dhruv_hanom - PSN: Dhruv_Hanom - Level 30 Titan
6. hydruxo - PSN: hydruxo - Level 30 Hunter

Alt(s):
1. toastyToast
2. a_javierp
3. Owlowiscious - Pikapuff

I will send a group PSN message to everyone soon! No other alts will be accepted.

hydruxxo I am down for another one after this one! Gotta get all 3 classes I have through it!

R0ckman

Does the game change the dialogue depending on what gender your garudian is? I remember while waiting on a friend finishing his gear up I was just standing near Tess Everis (special orders vendor) and she laughed and said "Are you trying to tell me something, gaurdian?" I noticed that the destiny wiki didn't have that listed as one of the quotes she says. I heard her say it twice just to make sure I wasn't hearing things.

spyder_ur

Thanks man, finally getting a Timebreaker made me happier than getting a third Vex! Seems crazy I know. Really looking forward to going in blind and 7pm est with a casual, but focused group sounds perfect for me as does the 3-4 hour length.

Yup, looking forward to it. I did get the Timebreaker too - do people use that or the expansion pass Sparrow?

Strider

So went through all of my exotics and I have 11 maxed weapons and 11 pieces of maxed armor. Not even counting the other exotics which are partially leveled. A lot of progress is gonna be reset.

That's wellover 2,200,000 experience needed to max out those same weapons again. Then of course the materials you need.... GG.

Sorry I meant the Warlock class is the only one getting a new chest piece. Is that correct?

looks like it. But then locks miss out on feet, which sucks cause being able to use an exotic to fill in legendary shoes would be awesome. Before IB I was begging Bungie for some raid shoes or exotic boots. Now we have boots in the game and locks got left out :(

For my warlock, I was waiting on raid boots which i just got on this week's hard raid run. I haven't run across HoPF, I run an exotic helm which I got before I started raiding.

Yeah, that was my point. For all three of my characters, the helmet has not been the stop-gap for my progression to 30. For my titan, it was boots. For my hunter, chest. For my warlock, chest.

phen0m24

That's just been my experience - I just bought the titan helm today after multiple hm clears with my 29.
And no raid helm

If the game assumed you would have an exotic helm anyway, why put the helmet at the close of the hardest raid boss? If seems almost afterthoughtish.

I'm sticking with my teamwork idea. It felt great for me to work with some newer guys to help them through the raid, and I'm pretty sure the amazing hm vets feel the same way bringing eager recruits into the hm VoG. "Carrying" is what's done when someone afks at the beginning of the strike and you finish it anyway. If you're in a hm raid at 29 and contributing I don't think your efforts would be denied.

What exotic weapon bounty should I choose?

Got
A Dubious Task
Tolands Legacy
A Light in the Dark

Dubious Task - Invective. Pretty good shotgun for PvP.

Toland's Legacy - Bad Juju. Pretty formidable since it's most recent buff. Looks like it is going to be pretty useful for the new raid.

A Light in the Dark - Thorn. One of the best handcannons in the game, PvE and PvP.

Breakdown of how to obtain them. You might want to look at what they require to complete. Some people apparently cannot handle PvP, and Thorn requires a big PvP portion.

That's just been my experience - I just bought the titan helm today after multiple hm clears with my 29.
And no raid helm

If the game assumed you would have an exotic helm anyway, why put the helmet at the close of the hardest raid boss? If seems almost afterthoughtish.

I'm sticking with my teamwork idea. It felt great for me to work with some newer guys to help them through the raid, and I'm pretty sure the amazing hm vets feel the same way bringing eager recruits into the hm VoG. "Carrying" is what's done when someone afks at the beginning of the strike and you finish it anyway. If you're in a hm raid at 29 and contributing I don't think your efforts would be denied.

You're totally right about all of that, I was just positioning that the helm isn't typically the biggest barrier to hitting 30 with the wide variety of exotic helmets available to all classes (3 for each!).

Getting the raid helmet is sweet, though, because it allows you to play around with some other builds formed by having other exotic pieces of armor without sacrificing being 30. Really opens up your options.

If being 30 required getting the raid helmet, there would be far fewer 30s around. Because RNG is a bitch. A cold, fickle bitch.

Strider

Edited my post. 623 bounties if you do half 2500xp and half 5000xp bounties

The amount of time and effort is staggering. There's a reason people were outraged.

I haven't played destiny since the info was released. I logged on and bought an exotic shard Today just to have one but that's it.

The logical side of me knows it's silly/dumb to stop playing a game I enjoyed for 3 months bc of one decision.. . But the grind is just too much :/ I've lost the desire to play at all at the moment. Crazy considering just how hyped I was for TDB just a few days ago.

Added.

I'd like to form a party to tackle the new raid next Tuesday, beginning at 7 PM EST. If you'd like to take part, please be level 30, mic'ed, and equipped with maxed weapons of various damage types (I'm betting we'll have some Wizards to contend with, so make sure you have a trusty solar wep).

I'm not expecting to complete the raid that night and would like to keep the playtime to 3-4 hours as this is more of a "jump in and see how far we get" affair and we can pick up where we left off on a following day. I want it to be a casual and fun session, but one in which everyone is prepared and able to contribute.

1. Temidien, PSN: Temidien, Lvl 30, Hunter
2. ocean, PSN: a_javierp, Lvl 30, Titan
3. Byron Bluth, PSN: Cosmos_Man, Lvl 30, Hunter/Warlock
4. schwagger15, PSN: spyder_ur, Lvl 29ish, Titan
5. forrest, PSN: Forrest_Crump, Lvl 30, Hunter

Alts:

Please ensure all obnoxiously loud friends, crying babies, and drunk girlfriends angrily demanding attention are occupied in another room. :)
PSN PikaPuff 30 Titan 30 Warlock

I haven't played destiny since the info was released. I logged on and bought an exotic shard Today just to have one but that's it.

The logical side of me knows it's silly/dumb to stop playing a game I enjoyed for 3 months bc of one decision.. . But the grind is just too much :/ I've lost the desire to play at all at the moment. Crazy considering just how hyped I was for TDB just a few days ago.

It's just stupid game design. Why would someone like me ever bother with maxing weapons again knowing another expansion is right around the corner.

Iceman829

Oh ok thanks. I must've missed it. I'll put him down as a reserve until he confirms. Yes we're shooting for 9:30 PM EST.

Xbone Crota's End (Blind) Crew

GAF Name (GT)
1. Homeboyd (Homeboyd903) - 30 | Titan
2. E92 (Trance Addix) - 30 | Hunter
3. giggletoe (Toejam2501) - 30 | Warlock
4. Sabotage (GmanM1) - 30 | Titan
5. Misterthirsty (Misterthirsty) - 30 | Titan
6. ghazi (ghazzarro) - 30 | Warlock

Reserves:
1. iceman829 (?) - 30 Hunter

Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Time: 9:30 PM Eastern

Do me a favor and request to join this b.net group (we use the group wall to keep up with schedules, etc...): http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/380586

I'll be happy to join you guys if you need another hunter. 9:30 will be fine as I'll probably be on by 8:30 anyway. If anyone wants to work on a story mission or 2 beforehand I'll be available. GT is also Iceman829. I requested a join on your group as well.

phen0m24

What exotic weapon bounty should I choose?

Got
A Dubious Task
Tolands Legacy
A Light in the Dark

Toland's Legacy includes completing 25 or so strikes. Nightfalls do count as 3 and Weeklies as 2, however.

A dubious task has a small pvp component. The Invective is a great shotgun. Auto regen ammo!

The Thorn? There's a reason everyone is getting crushed by it in pvp. It's amazing. You have to get I think 100 kills with void weapons in pvp? (My 10 year old pvp addict did that part - no joke) If you like hand Cannons and want arguably one of the best/beastliest in the game: Thorn is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom