• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

So we think they Nightfall and Weekly will be raised two levels immediately, right? As in next Tuesday's refresh? Thought they might've waited a week - seems tough to the people who haven't bought the DLC to basically lock many of them out of that content. Or I guess not really since the non-raid gear is still available to them.

Toland's Legacy includes completing 25 or so strikes. Nightfalls do count as 3 and Weeklies as 2, however.

A dubious task has a small pvp component. The Invective is a great shotgun. Auto regen ammo!

The Thorn? There's a reason everyone is getting crushed by it in pvp. It's amazing. You have to get I think 100 kills with void weapons in pvp? (My 10 year old pvp addict did that part - no joke) If you like hand Cannons and want arguably one of the best/beastliest in the game: Thorn is it.

Your 10 year old completed the bounty task I've been putting off for a month and a half? I am officially the worst. I really need to hunker down and get it done before Tuesday.

Deku Tree

Looking at the new exotic armor pieces in TDB: Bungie hates Warlocks confirmed.

Regardless of how good the pieces are the other two classes get 3 pieces each while the warlock doesn't get any exotic boots.

Has that been confirmed or is that just data mining? For the main game all the classes had the same number of exotics in each slot.

Lima

Has that been confirmed or is that just data mining? For the main game all the classes had the same number of exotics in each slot.

Through data mining. I guess we will see. There are no exotic chest pieces for Hunter and Titan according to that.

Normal and hard are different checkpoints.

Yes, the cp is different from normal to hard.

Awesome, thanks guys. I doubt I'll ever finish it on hard though, as a 29 I felt totally useless. When I play it on normal this week, if I don't get the chest or helm this week I guess I would have to do whatever bullshit grind bungie has for those that haven't reached 30. Sigh

I can't believe not a single damn raid gear dropped for me all this while and the DLC is already here. I'm only 29 thanks to Iron Banner boots and gloves and I had to force myself cos I don't really care for Crucible.

The raid dropped 4 Praedyths Revenge for me though cos you know I needed that more than raid gear. What a stupid and terrible ass loot system this game has.

LordofPwn

For a new page!

LordofPwn Presents: A Toast to the Vault of Glass Hard Raid @ ~8:15PM PST Tonight / 4:15AM GMT Tomorrow Morning

This special event will be conducted on PS4s and will be Streamed on Twitch Following the VGAs on my channel twitch.tv/zuckt. The rules are simple, help us celebrate the 1st raid before the new one launches and drink when you screw up. The object is to have fun, and that is best achieved by veteran raiders. We will be doing this legit too. a lactose free raid unless you'll be drinking egg nog... is there lactose in egg nog?

The Participants:
1. LordofPwn - lvl 29 Defender Titan
2. DairyZeus - lvl 30 Bladedancer
3. Mrgamer - lvl 30
4. ArkkAngel007 - lvl 29 Gunslinger
5. Lik - lvl 30? something or other
6. Coy - lvl 30

Alt 1. Bizazedo
Alt 2. Boguester - lvl 30
Alt 3. JTran2003 - lvl 30 Warlock

Quote to be added.

Party invites should be sent out around 8:15, with Alts being contacted at around 8:30 if needed. if you are running late but can still make it before 8:45, let me know and we can probably save you a spot. easiest way to contact me is on PSN, even if i can't read the message right away i'll still know who sent it.

And if we arent friends yet my PSN is the same as on here: LordofPwn

EDIT: FULL

Namikaze1

Yes the new weekly activities were announced to be bumped up to level 30. It would be nice of them to do that a week after the DLC hits for people who didn't get to level 30 via the RAID but they haven't said anything like that.

After all they are holding back the hard CE raid until some to be determined time in January.

I think Bungie wants us to beta test the normal CE raid so they can remove any cheese strategies before releasing the hard raid. They don't want players to cheese their way into getting any primary raid weapons, so they locked all the primary raid weapons behind hard mode. I guess all the cheese in the VoG was very embarrassing for their game designers.
Ah. I knew I recall reading the level increase a while back. Yeah, everyone figured as much once news came out hard mode was locked till January. On the one hand, this means they'll be able to sort out any bugs before it is unlocked. On the other hand, you'll still have people complaining about Bungie fixing their cheese methods.

Awesome, thanks guys. I doubt I'll ever finish it on hard though, as a 29 I felt totally useless. When I play it on normal this week, if I don't get the chest or helm this week I guess I would have to do whatever bullshit grind bungie has for those that haven't reached 30. Sigh

I can't believe not a single damn raid gear dropped for me all this while and the DLC is already here. I'm only 29 thanks to Iron Banner boots and gloves and I had to force myself cos I don't really care for Crucible.

The raid dropped 4 Praedyths Revenge for me though cos you know I needed that more than raid gear. What a stupid and terrible ass loot system this game has.
They said they would buff chances to get raid gear in the Weekly Update

Coconut

Banned
So we think they Nightfall and Weekly will be raised two levels immediately, right? As in next Tuesday's refresh? Thought they might've waited a week - seems tough to the people who haven't bought the DLC to basically lock many of them out of that content. Or I guess not really since the non-raid gear is still available to them.

I think the nightfall will be raised 2 levels with the weekly getting a level 30 option added.

Ambitious

Farm glimmer at the exclusion zone and then buy the green armour piece at the vanguard to shard into hadronic essence.

What about those who didn't buy the expansion? I doubt it but you never know. Plus it's only one strike

Probably better to do tiger playlist for an hour. More interesting method and probably faster too

Yeah, I planned on doing strikes, that's not as boring as exclusion zone farming.

Lima

I thought that was for Crota's End. I would still run into the same problem with Vault of Glass if I try it. Level 29 not being useful enough in a level 30 raid.

Then buy a new piece of vendor gear that helps you towards lvl31. The only reason to still play VoG is if you don't have the Vex or are short on energy/shards.

I played it for the last time this week. Fucking pointless.

For a new page!

LordofPwn Presents: A Toast to the Vault of Glass Hard Raid @ ~8:15PM PST Tonight / 4:15AM GMT Tomorrow Morning

This special event will be conducted on PS4s and will be Streamed on Twitch Following the VGAs on my channel twitch.tv/zuckt. The rules are simple, help us celebrate the 1st raid before the new one launches and drink when you screw up. The object is to have fun, and that is best achieved by veteran raiders. We will be doing this legit too. a lactose free raid unless you'll be drinking egg nog... is there lactose in egg nog?

The Participants:
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Alt 1. Bizazedo
Alt 2. OPEN
Alt 3. OPEN

Quote to be added.

Party invites should be sent out around 8:15, with Alts being contacted at around 8:30 if needed. if you are running late but can still make it before 8:45, let me know and we can probably save you a spot. easiest way to contact me is on PSN, even if i can't read the message right away i'll still know who sent it.

I could bring my level 29 Warlock with all maxed out raid weapons and switch to my 30 hunter if it gets hairy. PSN = Macello.

Namikaze1

Do you really want me to wade through all the videos I have killing Titans?
I have more videos I can go through, fig. I even have a gif of me sniping a hunter on a moving pike to post. And in that one, I was lucky I even got the kill cause if I was a second late, I would have hit the boulder they were heading past by.

So, yes, bring it, fig! :p

Then buy a new piece of vendor gear that helps you towards lvl31. The only reason to still play VoG is if you don't have the Vex or are short on energy/shards.

I played it for the last time this week. Fucking pointless.

Yeah that's what I said first I would have to do whatever bullshit grind Bungie has in place so I can be able to buy the gear. I'll run VoG for the last time this week and maybe I'll be lucky but I doubt it.

I still can't believe they just made VoG pretty much useless already.

This game is taking the piss out of me, only need 1 first blood to complete the bounty And I've been slapped into the middle of a match 6 out of 8 times today.

What's the best way to get first blood? Every time I rush the enemy point, the showdown is at B, when I first go to B, someone always beats me to it.

For a new page!

The Participants:
3. NoThru22 - lvl 29/30
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Alt 1. Bizazedo
Alt 2. OPEN
Alt 3. OPEN

Quote to be added.

Yes eggnog contains milk, which milk contains lactose. :)

phen0m24

Your 10 year old completed the bounty task I've been putting off for a month and a half? I am officially the worst. I really need to hunker down and get it done before Tuesday.

Dusty?

He did it.

On. His. Vita. (Remote play)

Not even kidding.

If you look on my profile on Bungie.net you'll notice the Thorn is on the Hunter - my son's alt. That's HIS gun. He earned it.

I have more videos I can go through, fig. I even have a gif of me sniping a hunter on a moving pike to post. And in that one, I was lucky I even got the kill cause if I was a second late, I would have hit the boulder they were heading past by.

So, yes, bring it, fig! :p

I'm busy killing dragons right now, so I'll get back to you.

How much does telemetry increase your XP gain? I've got 145k XP worth of bounties saved up for next week (and one finished Juju bounty). Would that almost re-max an exotic w/ telemetry or not so much?

realcZk

How much does telemetry increase your XP gain? I've got 145k XP worth of bounties saved up for next week (and one finished Juju bounty). Would that almost re-max an exotic w/ telemetry or not so much?

without telemetry, it should get you to about the 2nd circle in the fourth column on most primary exotics, and should almost get you the exotic perk unlocked. with telemetry, id' guess you get the first damage circle almost done/done and maybe more.

with secondaries/heavies it'll go even faster.

Strider

I can't confirm this but I have read in multiple spots that the bonus is 20%. When I use telemetries it doesn't seem like all that much though so I can believe 20%.

20% of 145k is 29k. Still not enough to max an exotic weapon.

Mrgamer

For a new page!

The Participants:
3. NoThru22 - lvl 29/30
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Alt 1. Bizazedo
Alt 2. OPEN
Alt 3. OPEN

Quote to be added.

v1br4t1ons level 30 veteran raider.

zewone

20% bonus. You'll be short of maxing, but it will go a long way.

Steroyd

What's the best way to get first blood? Every time I rush the enemy point, the showdown is at B, when I first go to B, someone always beats me to it.

Almost always a straight dash to the opposite point A --> C or C --> A, someone is almost always doing the same if no-one is you've got a clear route to A or C where someone is standing there grabbing the first point.

Obviously the map may vary, for example on Shores of Time, you have a better chance at getting one on B and Firebase Delphi is another one thanks to clusterfuck B.

hydruxo

CROTAS END FIRST TIME RAID AT LAUNCH - 4AM EST TUESDAY DECEMBER 9TH

I got next Tuesday and Wednesday off work!!! Woohoo! That means an early bedtime Monday night and an early rise for the launch of The Dark Below.

So, lets get some experienced Level 30 Only raiders with all 3 weapon slots with a mix of solar and arc weapons!

I have a Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter, with many max leveled arc/solar weapons such as Vision of Confluence, Patience and Time, Hezen Vengeance, IceBreaker and many more!

PS4: Cosmos_Man

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
2. ComputerMkII - PSN: ComputerMkII - Level 30 Titan
3. Auto_aim1 - PSN: Kartik21 - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
4. R0ckman - PSN: arekkusu77 - Level 30 Hunter
5. Dhruv_hanom - PSN: Dhruv_Hanom - Level 30 Titan
6. hydruxo - PSN: hydruxo - Level 30 Hunter

Alt(s):
1. toastyToast
2. a_javierp
3. Owlowiscious - Pikapuff

I will send a group PSN message to everyone soon! No other alts will be accepted.

hydruxxo I am down for another one after this one! Gotta get all 3 classes I have through it!

Okay cool!! I'm ready to kick Crota's 3 eyed ass

What's your team like? How many you killed so far?

Also, now we know why there are no longer any dragons in Destiny.

Cassandra, Vivienne, Iron Bull and my archer rogue assassin. Dragons ain't got shit. The Longbow of the Griffon is disgustingly good.

I'm off to the Emerald Graves to kill my 6th.

Makes me hope for a dragon battle in Destiny. :p

phen0m24

Oh, I thought you were talking about Invective. No, the Thorn bounty was a bitch.

I was like "Dang bro! Beast mode activated for sure...."

Oh invective yeah. 3 Control matches. Firebase Delphi and Twilight Gap over watch of B for the win.

My son used a Purifier fusion rifle and invisible hand shotgun.
Whatever was left after me sharding so many for the PI I'll never upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom