• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

I just realized that Nightfall next week has a chance of dropping the new exotics.

But sadly, next week's Nightfall is Mars. Prepare for Spongebob, guys!

Temidien

Neo Member
PSN PikaPuff 30 Titan 30 Warlock

Welcome aboard!

Alright, looks like we have a full party. If you'd like to be on our list of alternates, please drop me a line and I'll add ya.

-----------------------

I'd like to form a party to tackle the new raid next Tuesday, beginning at 7 PM EST. If you'd like to take part, please be level 30, mic'ed, and equipped with maxed weapons of various damage types (I'm betting we'll have some Wizards to contend with, so make sure you have a trusty solar wep).

I'm not expecting to complete the raid that night and would like to keep the playtime to 3-4 hours as this is more of a "jump in and see how far we get" affair and we can pick up where we left off on a following day. I want it to be a casual and fun session, but one in which everyone is prepared and able to contribute.

1. Temidien, PSN: Temidien, Lvl 30, Hunter
2. ocean, PSN: a_javierp, Lvl 30, Titan
3. Byron Bluth, PSN: Cosmos_Man, Lvl 30, Hunter/Warlock
4. schwagger15, PSN: spyder_ur, Lvl 29ish, Titan
5. forrest, PSN: Forrest_Crump, Lvl 30, Hunter
6. Owlowiscious, PSN: PikaPuff, Lvl 30, Warlock

Alts:

Please ensure all obnoxiously loud friends, crying babies, and drunk girlfriends angrily demanding attention are occupied in another room. :)

There is a chance of the new strikes next week no ?

What about those who didn't buy the expansion? I doubt it but you never know. Plus it's only one strike

Need 50 hadronic essences to hit level 30. Ugh.

Farm glimmer at the exclusion zone and then buy the green armour piece at the vanguard to shard into hadronic essence.

Probably better to do tiger playlist for an hour. More interesting method and probably faster too

Bungie did a community focus on DestinyLFG! How awesome. I couldn't have done the raid without them. I use their site at least a couple times a week!

Wait. .com?

.NET, you guys.

They can't get anything right.

Deku Tree

Awesome! I will send an update through PSN for Fixed as well. Friday is my birthday so my wife is throwing me a party.

Oh hey. Congrats! I could also alternatively do Wed in the morning or during the day (finish before 4pm) if you have off on Wed and if Fixed is available too.

Welcome aboard!

Alright, looks like we have a full party. If you'd like to be on our list of alternates, please drop me a line and I'll add ya.

-----------------------

I'd like to form a party to tackle the new raid next Tuesday, beginning at 7 PM EST. If you'd like to take part, please be level 30, mic'ed, and equipped with maxed weapons of various damage types (I'm betting we'll have some Wizards to contend with, so make sure you have a trusty solar wep).

I'm not expecting to complete the raid that night and would like to keep the playtime to 3-4 hours as this is more of a "jump in and see how far we get" affair and we can pick up where we left off on a following day. I want it to be a casual and fun session, but one in which everyone is prepared and able to contribute.

1. Temidien, PSN: Temidien, Lvl 30, Hunter
2. ocean, PSN: a_javierp, Lvl 30, Titan
3. Byron Bluth, PSN: Cosmos_Man, Lvl 30, Hunter/Warlock
4. schwagger15, PSN: spyder_ur, Lvl 29ish, Titan
5. forrest, PSN: Forrest_Crump, Lvl 30, Hunter
6. Owlowiscious, PSN: PikaPuff, Lvl 30, Warlock

Alts:

Please ensure all obnoxiously loud friends, crying babies, and drunk girlfriends angrily demanding attention are occupied in another room. :)

I will just need about 20 minutes around 8:10pm EST to read my son a bedtime story. Well...he reads to me now, he's doing really well!

Deku Tree

I just realized that Nightfall next week has a chance of dropping the new exotics.

A new level 30 spongebob no less... Sucks that the DLC strikes probably wont make it into the rotation since Bungie wants everyone to play the same nightfall etc.

I think it usually drops their health to 15-25% on the normal goblins. I don't remember damage numbers or anything since I'm mostly focusing on hitting the crit spot.

#forever29

Looking at today's numbers I see that my shots (lvl 30) do 1284, and take two IB shots to kill, which I think was the same for my level 29 this week. I swear I one shotted standard goblins with a lvl30 the week before.

Namikaze1

Perhaps Bungie should make the level 28 Nightfall one of the strikes found in the vanilla game while the level 30 Nightfall one of the new strikes and you can only get rewards from just one of them. Or it locks the other.

Perhaps Bungie should make the level 28 Nightfall one of the strikes found in the vanilla game while the level 30 one of the new strikes and can only get rewards from just one of them.

Again, it's only one strike! The second strike is a playstation exclusive and they never include those

Makes sense to me - why wouldn't they do it that way?

Because they want everyone to get to level 30 and above. If you leave a 28 nightfall then there is less incentive to level up. Plus to make a new playlist just to add one strike?

LiK

I haven't played destiny since the info was released. I logged on and bought an exotic shard Today just to have one but that's it.

The logical side of me knows it's silly/dumb to stop playing a game I enjoyed for 3 months bc of one decision.. . But the grind is just too much :/ I've lost the desire to play at all at the moment. Crazy considering just how hyped I was for TDB just a few days ago.

unless this is the only game you're playing, the grind is too much for the same shit. i'll check out the new Raid and some of the new PVP maps but I don't care for upgrading the Exotics anymore until Bungie figures out what to do from the feedback.

Deku Tree

unless this is the only game you're playing, the grind is too much for the same shit. i'll check out the new Raid and some of the new PVP maps but I don't care for upgrading the Exotics anymore until Bungie figures out what to do from the feedback.

Considering how long it took them to buff Bad Juju Bungie might figure that out by the time House of Wolves ships.

"The horror!", Kurtz said at the end of Heart of Darkness; "The horror!"

lolz

Hey I got a question about the checkpoints in VOG. A friend invited me to raid yesterday and it was the atheon hard checkpoint, suffice to say we couldn't do it cos we didn't have enough 30's and everyone was getting frustrated so we quit.

I haven't started the raid on normal at all and I wanna know if I start on normal will I still have the atheon hard checkpoint?

E92 M3

Hey I got a question about the checkpoints in VOG. A friend invited me to raid yesterday and it was the atheon hard checkpoint, suffice to say we couldn't do it cos we didn't have enough 30's and everyone was getting frustrated so we quit.

I haven't started the raid on normal at all and I wanna know if I start on normal will I still have the atheon hard checkpoint?

Normal and hard are different checkpoints.

Yes, the cp is different from normal to hard.

R0ckman

Why don't they just collect feedback via polls are something before they do some of this stuff?

I hate everything about this boss. The music, the ads, the boss.

Coconut

Banned
Perhaps Bungie should make the level 28 Nightfall one of the strikes found in the vanilla game while the level 30 Nightfall one of the new strikes and you can only get rewards from just one of them. Or it locks the other.

Why wouldn't they just make all strikes have a level up to 30 or whatever and the night fall set to 30?

Strider

Pretty much. I just started playing guild wars 2 and am probably gonna start shadow of mordor soon. I really wanna do the raid still but that's it.

Hoodbury

Did the latest update change the sound of Suros? I used it for the first time last night in a few days and I thought it sounded different.

Or was it just the cold medicine and sinus infection making things wonky in my head?

broony

When you browse to the fraud in the director it prompts you to reset progress as you hover over the icon.

Deku Tree

Why don't they just collect feedback via polls are something before they do some of this stuff?

Overconfidence. Bravado. They appear to have felt like we would worship them and praise their deep consideration of our feelings because they were benevolent enough to allow us to upgrade our exotics at all instead of the alternative which would have been to limit ourselves to the four or five new exotic weapons in the DLC with upgraded stats.

Did the latest update change the sound of Suros? I used it for the first time last night in a few days and I thought it sounded different.

Or was it just the cold medicine and sinus infection making things wonky in my head?

ADS fire sounds different. Shooting from the hip sounds the same.

Pretty much. I just started playing guild wars 2 and am probably gonna start shadow of mordor soon. I really wanna do the raid still but that's it.

The raid is the only reason I would buy the expansion. I'm still questioning it even though we have a blind run scheduled for Thursday. The more I think about it the less I wanna ever touch this game again

Mindlog

That's what I've settled on. I doubt I'll be doing Iron Banner and I definitely won't be doing Crucible anymore.

The primary exotic I plan on Xurring is Bad Juju. That could really benefit from extra damage and I can bounty level it along with this week's telemetry.

I'll also upgrade some of Xur's first week weapon exotics so I can test out the 'patently better' statement. I don't understand how 302 with no perks is 'patently better' so I'll do a video to see what's what. Unless Bungie would be so kind as to provide an in-depth substantive update.

Deku Tree

I thought they announced they're upping Nightfall's level or is that just fan speculation? I don't read much of Bungie's blogs.

Yes the new weekly activities were announced to be bumped up to level 30. It would be nice of them to do that a week after the DLC hits for people who didn't get to level 30 via the RAID but they haven't said anything like that.

After all they are holding back the hard CE raid until some to be determined time in January.

I think Bungie wants us to beta test the normal CE raid so they can remove any cheese strategies before releasing the hard raid. They don't want players to cheese their way into getting any primary raid weapons, so they locked all the primary raid weapons behind hard mode. I guess all the cheese in the VoG was very embarrassing for their game designers.

Coconut

Banned
Is it confirmed that there will be 2 versions of the nightfall ? 28 and 30 ? Or do they just change the Nightfall to 30 ?

I don't think so I haven't heard any talk on how the nightfall will run after the update. I think it'd be silly for them to make two nightfalls if thats the case.

LiK

ADS audio is higher pitched and ADS RoF is also faster.

stb

Overconfidence. Bravado. They appear to have felt like we would worship them and praise their deep consideration of our feelings because they were benevolent enough to allow us to upgrade our exotics at all instead of the alternative which would have been to limit ourselves to the four or five new exotic weapons in the DLC with upgraded stats.

Hubris, even.

Lima

Looking at the new exotic armor pieces in TDB: Bungie hates Warlocks confirmed.

Regardless of how good the pieces are the other two classes get 3 pieces each while the warlock doesn't get any exotic boots.

Steroyd

This game is taking the piss out of me, only need 1 first blood to complete the bounty And I've been slapped into the middle of a match 6 out of 8 times today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom