• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Dusty?

He did it.

On. His. Vita. (Remote play)

Not even kidding.

If you look on my profile on Bungie.net you'll notice the Thorn is on the Hunter - my son's alt. That's HIS gun. He earned it.

I wonder how good my 10 year old self would be at this game.

Let's see, that was 18 years ago .. When I was 11 I was murdering all my friends at Golden-Eye on N64 so I'd imagine I would be pretty decent, hah.

Let's see, that was 18 years ago .. When I was 11 I was murdering all my friends at Golden-Eye on N64 so I'd imagine I would be pretty decent, hah.

Were you that jerk friend that always rolled with OddJob?

ocean

Banned
So Xur has the same Shit from last week... What's up with that?
Preventing us from having to make a ducked up choice. Selling a new Exotic today would make us consider buying it knowing full well it'll be a weaker version than if it had been sold next week.

Any Exotic bought or dropped after Tuesday will start at 302 attack base.

matmanx1

If they're dumb enough to be near an edge when you're on a sparrow then they had it coming.

My friend that I group with every night freaking AIMS for me with his sparrow. It's funny but also frustrating when he actually pins me against a wall or knocks me off a cliff. It's happened enough that I now look for opportunities to shoulder charge him off of cliffs and high places. Turn about is fair play!

So went through all of my exotics and I have 11 maxed weapons and 11 pieces of maxed armor. Not even counting the other exotics which are partially leveled. A lot of progress is gonna be reset.

Edit** that is roughly 2,337,500 xp just for the weapons which is roughly 995 2500xp bounties or if you do half 2500xp and half 5000xp bounties it would require 623 bounties

This is depressing. I think I would have been better off not knowing the numbers. But seriously, if you think of it as a mountain to climb then that is exactly what it will be. But if you think of it as progressing steadily while you are enjoying yourself then it will be more manageable. At least that's what I am telling myself.

10 year old me was getting destroyed by Koreans in StarCraft. Tough to say how different Destiny would've gone for me...

It has great perks for Striker but it doesn't look good with a lot of Shaders. I bought mine just to complete the collection.

This is all true.

Amazing perks, one of the best exotics based solely on the value it adds to the class tree.

However, the white/gold coloring just looks bad with some shaders that are otherwise badass.

Almost always a straight dash to the opposite point A --> C or C --> A, someone is almost always doing the same if no-one is you've got a clear route to A or C where someone is standing there grabbing the first point.

Obviously the map may vary, for example on Shores of Time, you have a better chance at getting one on B and Firebase Delphi is another one thanks to clusterfuck B.

I have to be honest, it's quite the temptation to just quit if I don't get it. What a weird bounty to offer.

LordofPwn

My friend that I group with every night freaking AIMS for me with his sparrow. It's funny but also frustrating when he actually pins me against a wall or knocks me off a cliff. It's happened enough that I now look for opportunities to shoulder charge him off of cliffs and high places. Turn about is fair play!

You and your friend want to join? we have room available!
people please join

Namikaze1

Cassandra, Vivienne, Iron Bull and my archer rogue assassin. Dragons ain't got shit. The Longbow of the Griffon is disgustingly good.

I'm off to the Emerald Graves to kill my 6th.

Makes me hope for a dragon battle in Destiny. :p
The team I went with on my first playthrough consisted of Vivienne, Cass, Blackwall, and my Champion. I just stood back as Vivienne and watch as all three tanks demolished every dragon we fought.

Emerald Graves dragon is probably the easiest of the bunch. The problem is just the area before it.

I'm expecting a dragon to show up in House of Wolves. I don't care if it doesn't make sense to the current story. Lore states there were once dragons about.

LordofPwn

The team I went with on my first playthrough consisted of Vivienne, Cass, Blackwall, and my Champion. I just stood back as Vivienne and watch as all three tanks demolished every dragon we fought.

Emerald Graves dragon is probably the easiest of the bunch. The problem is just the area before it.

I'm expecting a dragon to show up in House of Wolves. I don't care if it doesn't make sense to the current story. Lore states there were once dragons about.

Dont forget the trailer that shows a dragon flying.

Snipe, rumble, clash, skirmish

I don't drink the stuff. When i drink it's usually vodka and redbull. Aalso want to join? You're a raid vet

Yeah not a fan of eggnog. Ahh normally I would take you up on the offer, but I need to be a responsible grad student T_T so I will pass..

Thanks for the invite tho :)

p.s I should get off GAF..

For a new page!

LordofPwn Presents: A Toast to the Vault of Glass Hard Raid @ ~8:15PM PST Tonight / 4:15AM GMT Tomorrow Morning

This special event will be conducted on PS4s and will be Streamed on Twitch Following the VGAs on my channel twitch.tv/zuckt. The rules are simple, help us celebrate the 1st raid before the new one launches and drink when you screw up. The object is to have fun, and that is best achieved by veteran raiders. We will be doing this legit too. a lactose free raid unless you'll be drinking egg nog... is there lactose in egg nog?

The Participants:
1. LordofPwn - lvl 29 Defender Titan
2. DairyZeus - lvl 30 Bladedancer
3. NoThru22 - lvl 29/30
4. Mrgamer - lvl 30
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Alt 1. Bizazedo
Alt 2. OPEN
Alt 3. OPEN

Quote to be added.

Party invites should be sent out around 8:15, with Alts being contacted at around 8:30 if needed. if you are running late but can still make it before 8:45, let me know and we can probably save you a spot. easiest way to contact me is on PSN, even if i can't read the message right away i'll still know who sent it.

And if we arent friends yet my PSN is the same as on here: LordofPwn

Lvl 29 Gunslinger. Maxed weapons.

I hope they increase the frequency and number of little events like that and maybe tie some increased drop numbers to them and and public events.
Bungie seems to be on the right track with adding the Blades of Crota events, so here's to hoping. Maybe if they made the Scouting Patrol end up with you in the middle of a huge battle, it would get me to actually accept one of those missions.

Yeah, getting to the dragon was the worst part. Thankfully, I'd already done that.

Anyway, the dragon is dead. I'm gonna have to play this on Nightmare at some point. 4 more to go!

Deku Tree

Trevelyan for life.

I remember playing with my friends 1 vs 3 because none of them really played video games and we all had RCP90s in a corridor in the Facility and froze the game.

I had a discussion with some co-workers the other day about the most iconic system. I loved the Saturn, I was obsessed with the PSX but honestly the N64 coming out when I was in highschool with all those games like Goldeneye and Mario 64. That was the Golden Age of gaming for me.

I really wish companies like Rare with their dedicated staff and awesome digital wizardry still existed...

Oh well, I will bitch about that during the raid tonight, when I know for a fact only chatterwhite will drop.

I know VoG was that way; are we assuming or do we know for certain that the new Raid helmet is only available in hard mode?

The fact that they mentioned that primary weapons would be hard mode only, but nothing about the helmet, leads me to believe that it will be a normal mode drop this time.

I really think the plan is for you to be able to fully his 32 just from the normal raid, then work on hard more for weapons as a prestige item.

Coconut

Banned
How is it confusing? He's wondering how good he would be as a ten-year-old, and his closest point of reference is when he was 11 and playing FPS games.
If he knows that then why not say "I wonder how good my 11 year old self would be?"

Otherwise it makes it seem like he doesn't know how numbers work.

EL CUCO

What time are you thinking? Can I grab the first labyrinth chest with two alts really quickly when we start?

Yeah dude. I got it on my baby 27 Titan. I'd have to switch out to my 30 alt, anyways.

I'm hoping I can get out of work early and maybe get it cracking by 6:30 or 7:00pm.

LordofPwn

Yeah not a fan of eggnog. Ahh normally I would take you up on the offer, but I need to be a responsible grad student T_T so I will pass..

Thanks for the invite tho :)

p.s I should get off GAF..
My roommate has Law school finals starting next week so i understand... Good luck!

Lvl 29 Gunslinger. Maxed weapons.
whats your PSN? i have you as pending until i get your PSN also with this many 29's and with drinking we may have to cheese oracles. not a problem though.

MADGAME

Cool. Let's see how this plays out. I'd like to knock it out quick before TGA starts.

I can be up for that.
Cool...spawn at Gorgon's, jump up to the first chest and grab Phallichorn, breeze through GK's and Atheon, nab a second Horn.

The fact that they mentioned that primary weapons would be hard mode only, but nothing about the helmet, leads me to believe that it will be a normal mode drop this time.

I really think the plan is for you to be able to fully his 32 just from the normal raid, then work on hard more for weapons as a prestige item.
I hope so, would be so much better to have a chance at all raid gear on normal mode.

Deku Tree

Yeah dude. I got it on my baby 27 Titan. I'd have to switch out to my 30 alt, anyways.

I'm hoping I can get out of work early and maybe get it cracking by 6:30 or 7:00pm.

Oh I could probably start by approx 7:30pm but not earlier. If you want to start earlier I am ok with missing it.

So if I finally get a Hawkmoon dropped after Tuesday will it be the new 302 even though the old ones aren't upgradeable?

If so then I'm glad I haven't had one drop yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom