• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coconut

Banned
Bungie seems to be on the right track with adding the Blades of Crota events, so here's to hoping. Maybe if they made the Scouting Patrol end up with you in the middle of a huge battle, it would get me to actually accept one of those missions.

The internal clock on the game and how it syncs or doesn't sync to the patrols makes no sense. I'll get a mission in an area that a public events tracker will show that an event is about to happen but the mission will lead me two zones over if I wasn't savy I would miss the much more interesting Public Event. To me that's the stuff that seems like a no brainier lets make this happen in the game kind thing Bungie would have been wise to have focused on.

X-Frame

If he knows that then why not say "I wonder how good my 11 year old self would be?"

Otherwise it makes it seem like he doesn't know how numbers work.

Oh, hah. It's because phen0m AKA The Colonel was talking about how his 10 year old son completed the Thorn bounty by himself.

I've got the hm oracle checkpoint on my level 29 titan if anyone is up for it. Otherwise a run through gk and/or Atheon would be nice if anyone still has room. I'm still missing Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence

EL CUCO

Cool...spawn at Gorgon's, jump up to the first chest and grab Phallichorn, breeze through GK's and Atheon, nab a second Horn.

May the Gods of RNG hear your precious words.

Oh I could probably start by approx 7:30pm but not earlier. If you want to start earlier I am ok with missing it.

We'll see how it goes. I don't mind waiting 30min. We can bang out GK and Atheon in no time.

So if I finally get a Hawkmoon dropped after Tuesday will it be the new 302 even though the old ones aren't upgradeable?

If so then I'm glad I haven't had one drop yet.

Not only that, you will get the great joy of rubbing our faces in it.

And knowing everyone's luck all those that had 5 million of them won't get a single one.

Jinjo

So went through all of my exotics and I have 11 maxed weapons and 11 pieces of maxed armor. Not even counting the other exotics which are partially leveled. A lot of progress is gonna be reset.

Edit** that is roughly 2,337,500 xp just for the weapons which is roughly 995 2500xp bounties or if you do half 2500xp and half 5000xp bounties it would require 623 bounties

Yeah... After hearing this I might just wait till the second DLC to upgrade my old gear and just make do with the new exotics. So depressing.

realcZk

Guys, I don't think you'll have to put in the exact same amount of XP to re-upgrade your exotics
JB0QvBt.gif

Yeah... After hearing this I might just wait till the second DLC to upgrade my old gear and just make do with the new exotics. So depressing.

It is depressing for a few reasons.

1- It really makes you choose which exotics you want to waste the time leveling
2- It really makes you hate grinding a lot.

ocean

Banned
I could really use a Normal raid. My Warlock still isn't Level 30

Edit: A Hard raid would be fine too, if people don't mind me not doing much damage!

Normal would be ideal for me. Maybe troll VoG will chose tonight to give my Warlock chest or gloves (either will take me to level 30) 4 days before it's obsolete.

Guys, I don't think you'll have to put in the exact same amount of XP to re-upgrade your exotics

I'm going to wait until someone runs the numbers. I have a couple of exotics that are XP leveled, but need some more mats and a shard. If a fully upgraded exotic levels faster than a non upgraded exotic, I'll finish them off. If not, I won't.

If anyone is looking for buds to team up for a normal raid tonight, I'd be interested in something in the 7pm eastern range, give or take.

30 Titan on PSN (same as GAF name)

I have looked all over to figure this out and even asked deej when he posted here and have found no evidence its less exp the 2nd time around.

In the Weekly Update, they say that:
Exotic upgrade paths require much less time and material
And I know earlier we talked about how Exotics could be upgraded in less "time" meant less materials because you didn't have to use/grind for Ass Energy anymore
But this is a definite separation between the materials needed to upgrade and the time it takes to upgrade

I did Hard raid with a bunch of fellow gaffers with my 29 character, never again. I felt useless, being squishy as hell and doing squat damage with my maxed weapons. I will do it again only when I'm 30, I don't like being carried like that.

That's strange. I'm 29 and more often than not im at the top of the leaderboards on kills. Very rarely out of the top 3.

As for being squishy I personally don't think that's the case. If you have a strong understanding of the mechanics and know what to expect/find a task/role that you're comfortable with then you should be fine.

For example on conflux/Oracle stage on Templar I always play on the left. I've never played on the right, played middle a couple of times too. Although the left is arguably more difficult than right/centre I have a routine of where to be and what to do and that makes a difference.

Also, being aware of your surroundings, cover areas for reloading/escaping and incoming enemies/damage are all important aspects to survival.

Coming from a hardcore WOW MMO background, which helps with the awareness aspects, Destiny is imho pretty forgiving on HM where I've a much larger chance of dying due to someone else/multiple people dying than myself.

I anyone is up for a quick normal nowish (as soon as we have 6), then sign up.

PSN: MandrakeUK

01: Level 30 Warlock
02: EMPTY
03: EMPTY
04: EMPTY
05: EMPTY
06: EMPTY

hydruxo

If anyone is looking for buds to team up for a normal raid tonight, I'd be interested in something in the 7pm eastern range, give or take.

30 Titan on PSN (same as GAF name)

I was just gonna make a post to see if anyone would want to do a normal raid.

1. hydruxo (PSN: hydruxxo) - Level 27 Titan / 30 Hunter
  2. TheTylerDurden (PSN: TheTylerDurden) - Level 30 Titan
  3. OPEN
  4. OPEN
  5. OPEN
  6. OPEN

Anybody else want to join in for a normal raid around 7pm EST?

LiK

And I know earlier we talked about how Exotics could be upgraded in less "time" meant less materials because you didn't have to use/grind for Ass Energy anymore
But this is a definite separation between the materials needed to upgrade and the time it takes to upgrade

"less time" is kinda vague. I'm sure it's less time without collecting ass materials but if the bubbles take just as long to fill up then it means nothing for me.

a_javierp, 29 Warlock. I'll turn PS4 on when we're good to go.

Sorted, added:

02: a_javierp Level 29 Warlock
03: EMPTY

LordofPwn

he was last seen mumbling to his pre-dlc hawkmoon with an empty bottle of booze in hand
its been a rough night

Have we ever gotten a confirmation from Bungie whether or not we will be able to upgrade the Hawkmoon/Monte Carlo/Vex?

Also I'm sure hawkian is around here somewhere, is he going to PSX and would maybe be inflight?

realcZk

Have we ever gotten a confirmation from Bungie whether or not we will be able to upgrade the Hawkmoon/Monte Carlo/Vex?

Also I'm sure hawkian is around here somewhere, is he going to PSX and would maybe be inflight?

well, apparently some dude who worked for gamespot said that a rep told him that we could (so take that with a grain of salt)

thats all the "confirmation" ive seen so far

Jinjo

You're reading between the lines, or taking your own interpretation of that line a bit too far. By less time they mean less material grinding. If it would have been less XP, Deej sure as hell would've highlighted that fact to hell and back.

Strider

That's not a definite separation at all.

By much less time they mean you won't have to spend time finding asc materials to level exotics up. that's it as far as we know.

A direct separation is just flat out saying "it requires less exp" which they haven't said and I findit hard to believe that would go unmentioned at this point considering the outrage. The weekly update would have been a perfect opportunity to state a lower experience requirement.

"less time" is kinda vague. I'm sure it's less time without collecting ass materials but if the bubbles take just as long to fill up then it means nothing for me.

blazeuk

Added :) ;

02: a_javierp Level 29 Warlock
03: ComputerMKII

I'm in too! PSN id is the same as it is on here (28 Titan).

without telemetry, it should get you to about the 2nd circle in the fourth column on most primary exotics, and should almost get you the exotic perk unlocked. with telemetry, id' guess you get the first damage circle almost done/done and maybe more.

with secondaries/heavies it'll go even faster.

I can't confirm this but I have read in multiple spots that the bonus is 20%. When I use telemetries it doesn't seem like all that much though so I can believe 20%.

20% of 145k is 29k. Still not enough to max an exotic weapon.

20% bonus. You'll be short of maxing, but it will go a long way.

Awesome, thanks for the great responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom