• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then dont be salty and take me up on my offer. I havent even DONE a normal raid in a month, but Id run one with you to help out...Greenymac is my PSN. Im just making an offer man. If not Ill play some crucible. All on you man!
All right, message me when you're done. I should be good at 545 est with some more people.

Agent

Normal VoG Run - 7 or 7:30 PM EST

1) hydruxo (PSN: hydruxxo) - Level 27 Titan / 30 Hunter
2) TheTylerDurden (PSN: TheTylerDurden) - Level 30 Titan
3) phen0m24
4) Dusty (PSN: Dr_LawyerCop) - Level 29
5) Schwagger15 - Level 29 Warlock
6) OPEN

Added you to the list. We just need 1 more.

I'd be down on my Level 28 Titan. PSN: phantom8324

JTran2003

Couldn't they just have implemented the same system they had for Iron Banner. you go to Xur with your equipped exotics (actually equipped) and you can upgrade them and only them. then equip a new exotic and repeat the process? I would have thought this would have been easier.

Also still need people for a hard raid tonight 8:15pm PST please join. it's a toast to the Vault of Glass.

I would like to join your hard raid if there is still space. Psn jtran2003

Deku Tree

If they're saying he can that means he can and he eventually will. Your concern applies to all weapons since we don't know when Xur will have the upgrade for any specific weapon. For me it's great news that I will be able to upgrade my hawkmoon when Xur has the upgrade. The actual upgrade grind itself is another matter

I'll believe it when I see it. If I were you I wouldn't spend too much time waiting for Xur expecting him to upgrade your PS exclusive stuff. The question is really who is the "they" that is actually talking in that quote... It is an unspecified source without a name. If they were serious they could put it in a tweet from Urk or someone, or even let Sony put it on the PS blog if having Urk talk about it was too much.

If Xur can upgrade PS exclusive weapons etc then he should also be able to sell them by the same principle.

What's the point of having a fantastic PS exclusive weapon like Hawkmoon if I can play the game for an enormous amount of time for three months and do all the high level content regularly three times a week and still no have the opportunity to play with the Hawkmoon?

gdt

Then buy a new piece of vendor gear that helps you towards lvl31. The only reason to still play VoG is if you don't have the Vex or are short on energy/shards.

I played it for the last time this week. Fucking pointless.

A. It's fun
B. It's another chance at an exotic every week. 2 really.

I'll believe it when I see it. The question is really who is the "they" that is actually talking in that quote... It is an unspecified source without a name. If they were serious they could put it in a tweet from Urk or someone, or even let Sony put it on the PS blog if having Urk talk about it was too much.

If Xur can upgrade PS exclusive weapons etc then he should also be able to sell them by the same principle.

What's the point of having a fantastic PS exclusive weapon like Hawkmoon if I can play the game for an enormous amount of time for three months and do all the high level content regularly three times a week and still no have the opportunity to play with the Hawkmoon?

I want to feel bad for you, I really do but fall of 2015 for us Xbox players makes it hard to. Oh wait... I am getting a PS4 and Destiny. I can't use this argument anymore. Your right it does suck.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It's not the same principle. When Xur sells a weapon you have only that one weapon so they can't have a weapon for sale that only half the player base can purchase. Weapon upgrades are different because you have several choices so it's not big deal if hawkmoon/Monte carlo is grayed out for Xbox users.

LordofPwn

Sweet there is still room! I haven't drank in awhile so it may or may not end well but this sounds fun. 30 whatever but will likely bring my Hunter. I am PST and get home by 7PM.

PSN: coyquettish
Added. FR incoming soon

My dad is in town visiting tonight and I'm not sure when he's going to crash. If the family stuff wraps up by then I can definitely hop on but I can't say for sure now.
I've got you down as an alt. if you are online and we still need someone, i'll shoot you an invite

Thanks but I have a Christmas party tonight. Likely won't be too much (if any) Destiny for me today. Good luck though!
Thanks!

I would like to join your hard raid if there is still space. Psn jtran2003
Got you down as an Alternate. I don't think i've ever had a group where the original 6 all made it so theres a good chance we may need you. FR incoming soon.

X-Frame

I hope there are still a good amount of people who are willing to do the Vault of Glass Hard Mode after the new DLC drops.

I still don't have the Vex, FB, Foil, the Pulse Rifle, the ship or helms for my Hunter and Warlock -- basically a lot of stuff.

I assume that the DLC will allow a lot more people to quickly hit Level 30 which should give them more of an opportunity to return to HM VoG.

I hope there are still a good amount of people who are willing to do the Vault of Glass Hard Mode after the new DLC drops.

I still don't have the Vex, FB, Foil, the Pulse Rifle, the ship or helms for my Hunter and Warlock -- basically a lot of stuff.

I assume that the DLC will allow a lot more people to quickly hit Level 30 which should give them more of an opportunity to return to HM VoG.

I'll still be running it. Wanna get FB and VOC idk if they're underpowered after TDB drops.

LordofPwn

For a new page!

LordofPwn Presents: A Toast to the Vault of Glass Hard Raid @ ~8:15PM PST Tonight / 4:15AM GMT Tomorrow Morning

This special event will be conducted on PS4s and will be Streamed on Twitch Following the VGAs on my channel twitch.tv/zuckt. The rules are simple, help us celebrate the 1st raid before the new one launches and drink when you screw up. The object is to have fun, and that is best achieved by veteran raiders. We will be doing this legit too. a lactose free raid unless you'll be drinking egg nog... is there lactose in egg nog?

The Participants:
1. LordofPwn - lvl 29 Defender Titan
2. DairyZeus - lvl 30 Bladedancer
3. Mrgamer - lvl 30
4. ArkkAngel007 - lvl 29 Gunslinger
5. Lik - lvl 30? something or other
6. Coy - lvl 30

Alt 1. Bizazedo
Alt 2. Boguester - lvl 30
Alt 3. JTran2003 - lvl ??

Quote to be added.

Party invites should be sent out around 8:15, with Alts being contacted at around 8:30 if needed. if you are running late but can still make it before 8:45, let me know and we can probably save you a spot. easiest way to contact me is on PSN, even if i can't read the message right away i'll still know who sent it.

And if we arent friends yet my PSN is the same as on here: LordofPwn

EDIT: FULL

All full for now. I may still need to send invites via PSN if people dont show. See everyone in like 7 hours!

rNilla

I look forward to running VoG Hard as a level 32.

Deku Tree

It's not the same principle. When Xur sells a weapon you have only that one weapon so they can't have a weapon for sale that only half the player base can purchase. Weapon upgrades are different because you have several choices so it's not big deal if hawkmoon/Monte carlo is grayed out for Xbox users.

Bungie and Activision would never allow Xur to show a greyed out box on their Xbox Destiny screen with a hawkmoon or a monte carlo in it. They don't even mention these guns anywhere.

Well you know I'll be willing!

Deku Tree

Your not going to want to use any of those fantastic legendary raid weapons on the new content because the new arbitrary stat spec bump will make them extremely less powerful than the new stuff.

Coconut

Banned

Still speculation but I'm assuming that you'll get a run at each raid once a week. Doubt anyone will miss out on extra chances to get some drop VoG is still going to be a viable place to be for people if my assumption is correct.

stb

Crota's the new kid on the block, and the first raid is no longer en "VoG-ue", but does anyone want to form static group to keep running it in hard mode weekly?

The goal would be to have the same folks run it week-in, week-out (hopefully with a few extras in case anyone can't make it on a given week) on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - 29/Titan (with soon-to-be-maxed AE, void Swarm, and HV, as well as maxed Ice Breaker and maxed Ghorn)
2) Dave_6 (PSN Daves87) - 29/Hunter
3) westtrade (PSN westtrade) 30/Titan & 30/Warlock
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - 29/Titan & 29/Warlock
5)
6)
a1) firehawk12 (PSN firehawk1234) - 30/Titan & 30/Hunter & 30/Warlock
a2)
a3)

schwagger15, Dave_6, Ourobolus, coy, coy's pal that helped last night whose GAF handle I don't know? That'd give us a full crew to start.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How many strage coins to you make each week? Do you ever spend them?

12 weeks of Destiny time 27 coins is only = 324 coins and you have 249... You must also get a lot from engrams etc.

I get roughly 35-40 every week
You forget trading in engrams + crucible nets you a nice profit of coins
Also when I farmed chests + patrol, it netted me coins

I think I've spent roughly 200+ coins already
I bought most of the weapons Xur has sold

Missed Gjallarhorn, didn't buy The Last Word or Red Death or duplicates, never bought more than 1 of same weapon
Only bought Sunbreakers as armor, everything else has been given to me through engrams or drops though NF or Crucible

MADGAME

The VoG will still be relevant outside of fun, for Ascendant Materials farming. It will probably be the fastest and most efficient way to accumulate them between getting the actual mats themselves, to dismantling raid gear/weapons.

Niwa

I'd really love to play Raids but I don't have any group. ;( Is it not possible to search for Players like with strikes and such?

My PSN is Walkyrr im a lvl 25 Hunter, so yeah if anyone wants to add me and maybe want to raid, feel free!

I get roughly 35-40 every week
You forget trading in engrams + crucible nets you a nice profit of coins
Also when I farmed chests + patrol, it netted me coins

I think I've spent roughly 200+ coins already
I bought most of the weapons Xur has sold

Missed Gjallarhorn, didn't buy The Last Word or Red Death or duplicates, never bought more than 1 of same weapon
Only bought Sunbreakers as armor, everything else has been given to me through engrams or drops though NF or Crucible

GraveRobberX also is not telling you the key to all this madness...

He is crazy with games. Look at his Trophy scores they are insane. I wouldn't be suprised if he was honestly some MIT AI that plays video games... But I have seen the glory of his beard in photos in the OT. No AI or Cyborg could grow such a majestic mane.

He is just hardcore.

Coconut

Banned
I'd really love to play Raids but I don't have any group. ;( Is it not possible to search for Players like with strikes and such?

My PSN is Walkyrr im a lvl 25 Hunter, so yeah if anyone wants to add me and maybe want to raid, feel free!

UR gonna need to gain some levels there chief.

stb

As a former skeptic of how being underleveled for the raid was a detriment who recently found religion in the form of the hard mode raid, my suggestion would be to focus on getting a few more levels under your belt before doing the raid.

That is, unless you find a group that is willing and able to carry. The VoG is a lot more fun when you can experience it instead of getting randomly one-shotted.

GraveRobberX also is not telling you the key to all this madness...

He is crazy with games. Look at his Trophy scores they are insane. I wouldn't be suprised if he was honestly some MIT AI that plays video games... But I have seen the glory of his beard in photos in the OT. No AI or Cyborg could grow such a majestic mane.

He is just hardcore.

Jesus I just checked his psn profile....

New TDB legendary weapons have max 331 attack. VoG legendary weapons have 300 attack max. Bungie has said nothing about increasing the attack values of VoG legendary weapons so presume it's not happening.

Vanilla legendaries will max at 300. TDB legendaries will probably start at 302. You're likely going to be better off ditching your vanilla legendaries for TDB legendaries ASAP.

I thought we could upgrade them? Hence all the uproar in here the last few days? What am I missing...

Dave_6

Crota's the new kid on the block, and the first raid is no longer en "VoG-ue", but does anyone want to form static group to keep running it in hard mode weekly?

The goal would be to have the same folks run it week-in, week-out (hopefully with a few extras in case anyone can't make it on a given week) on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - 29/Titan (with soon-to-be-maxed AE, void Swarm, and HV, as well as maxed Ice Breaker and maxed Ghorn)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
a1)
a2)
a3)

schwagger15, Dave_6, Ourobolus, coy, coy's pal that helped last night whose GAF handle I don't know? That'd give us a full crew to start.

I'm in!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought we could upgrade them? Hence all the uproar in here the last few days? What am I missing...
You can only upgrade exotics. The rest is the standard MMO grind.

The only problem is that MMOs give you a year or so with the old gear before you have to toss it out for the new expansion. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I only just got the gear to get to 30 this week. lol

stb

I just made a group for this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141831340&postcount=14123

Lots of normal VoG runs going on. Anyone wanna run a HM raid? Still need to take my lvl 29 Titan through it.

I need to take my 29 Hunter through it at least up to Atheon.

I'd like to do HM start to at least Gatekeepers, but am a little burned out after a normal mode raid and HM Gatekeepers and Atheon this week. I'd be game for a weekend run.

X-Frame

Only exotic weapons and armor, not Legendaries which include Raid Legendaries (armor or weapons).

I still think the elemental primaries will be very useful in the Nightfalls, and possibly the raid if the Knights have shields.

Basically, all I really NEED now is FB. Hopefully this weekend!

Exotic are the upgrade deals legendaries seems kinda unclear on how those are going to flow going forward.

You can only upgrade exotics. The rest is the standard MMO grind.

The only problem is that MMOs give you a year or so with the old gear before you have to toss it out for the new expansion. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I only just got the gear to get to 30 this week. lol

Only exotic weapons and armor, not Legendaries which include Raid Legendaries (armor or weapons).

I still think the elemental primaries will be very useful in the Nightfalls, and possibly the raid if the Knights have shields.

Basically, all I really NEED now is FB. Hopefully this weekend!

Ugh, sorry, been a long day. Totally confused legendaries with exotics.

Niwa

UR gonna need to gain some levels there chief.

As a former skeptic of how being underleveled for the raid was a detriment who recently found religion in the form of the hard mode raid, my suggestion would be to focus on getting a few more levels under your belt before doing the raid.

That is, unless you find a group that is willing and able to carry. The VoG is a lot more fun when you can experience it instead of getting randomly one-shotted.

Oh, ok. .-. But I'd still love some friend requests anyways!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You can still cheese the Templar albeit its a little more hectic in HM, but it's fun going back to being the relic holder massacring 30+ Harpies, their death screams fuel my joy

Also thank fuck Atheon is legit now

First time we did Atheon HM, we one shotted him right after finishing gatekeepers, took 3 portal runs, we were a man down from the start due to them having girlfriend aggro

Second time I ran as Titan dropping Weapons of Light, took us only 2 portal runs

I think only 1 person had the ballerhorn
Everyone else went bananas with Ice Breakers + w/e Heavy (most were rocking Corrective Measure)

1st run with WoL active we dropped his health below to 40%
One person died due to mom or real llife situation aggro, we just smoked him with 5 seconds on Time's Vengeance

Seriously VoG would have been amazing like this 1.5 month ago
Shit I would run it daily to help peeps, but the bugs demoralize the shit outta ya'

I'm guessing Light 32 and Flawless VoG HM would be easy as fuck, no trickery from Atheon fucking you over saves so much fucking time

hydruxo

Normal VoG Run - 7 or 7:30 PM EST

1) hydruxo (PSN: hydruxxo) - Level 27 Titan / 30 Hunter
2) TheTylerDurden (PSN: TheTylerDurden) - Level 30 Titan
3) phen0m24
4) Dusty (PSN: Dr_LawyerCop) - Level 29
5) Schwagger15 - Level 29 Warlock
6) Agent (PSN: phantom8324) - Level 28 Titan

Alright we're full! Lemme know if any of you guys can't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom