• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

I can't believe I had to get a first blood medal 3 times for it to register once, now I can bin my Warlock till Tuesday, only Titan and Hunter to go. :|

Nephtes

Serious question:
Has Bungie ever stated WHY they don't show you the list of your online clan members?

How did they not do this?

It's like MMO 101. There's supposed to be an interface where you can see who in your guild is online so you can group with them. It would solve so many problems... (like the lack of matchmaking for the raid).

Can't believe Bungie actually tweeted today that you should check out DestinyLFG...

Why do I need a third party website to group up in your game?

/rant

I wonder if that means he's not guaranteed to sell exotic shards each week. In which case, I wonder if I should stock up on the chance that he has an upgrade but no shards. Meh.

Yeah, I questioned that earlier. We just don't know. Probably a good idea to have a Shard or two on hand for a rainy day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I questioned that earlier. We just don't know. Probably a good idea to have a Shard or two on hand for a rainy day.
For a gimmick that is all RNG, you'd think they'd tried to find ways to not make it as punitive as it is.

Although I guess Xur isn't even RNG. lol

For a gimmick that is all RNG, you'd think they'd tried to find ways to not make it as punitive as it is.

Although I guess Xur isn't even RNG. lol

At times it feels like we are running the Hurdles, but they randomly pop up in your path as you are running and increase our chance of stumbling.

Why are people saying that the new Helm of Innermost Light has a better stat spread than the first one Xur sold, am I missing something about Strength? All it does is reduce the cooldown for your melee which sucks anyway on Titans (Hunters too).

Really, unless you're a Warlock, I think running any melee focused class is kinda dumb with how many people happy to trade kills running around with Found Verdicts. Melee game is too risky in this. That long distance game for life.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If someone needs an alt or a person on their team for Crota's Raid, I will be available @4am when it goes live, if not, I'll go do Eris +new NF/Weekly

X-Frame

Why are people saying that the new Helm of Innermost Light has a better stat spread than the first one Xur sold, am I missing something about Strength? All it does is reduce the cooldown for your melee which sucks anyway on Titans (Hunters too).

Really, unless you're a Warlock, I think running any melee focused class is kinda dumb with how many people happy to trade kills running around with Found Verdicts. Melee game is too risky in this. That long distance game for life.

It's quite higher today. Mine is the one from the first time Xur sold it, and it is sitting at +82 Strength and that is without the Ascendant Shard upgrades (or former Shard upgrades since the latest patch). If I fill in those last 2 bubbles I would get +86 Strength.

The one today maxes at +102 Strength, which is quite a difference for a single piece of gear. Yeah, that will only amount to a few seconds of melee codlin which is not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but if you want to min/max then it could be worth the upgrade.

SkylineRKR

I got FV again from Templar and a Prism Mark from the exotic chest. Fuck this game.

Well. RNG is a weird phenomenon.

In all my Raids, lost count, I got zero VoC for example, 1 Timebreaker and 3 full Raid sets (5 helmets lol, broke 2 or 3 down). But I do think FV has the highest drop rate of all. Everyone I play with has gotten it. I think I got about 8 in total. I still don't have VoC, timepiece, Foil and Fatebringer. The rest is in.

Tuesday was another shitty Raid, that got me another Praedyth (my 6th or so?). But then Ballerhorn at the end.

ACE 1991

How are there 11 official topics for Destiny? Are that many gaffers really finding that much fun/things to do in the game still? This is not meant to be an inflammatory post, I am genuinely curious.

deadlast

How are there 11 official topics for Destiny? Are that many gaffers really finding that much fun/things to do in the game still? This is not meant to be an inflammatory post, I am genuinely curious.
Yes
But you may have heard otherwise.

yK4WK9k.png

how do you have three throwing knives?

Last Melee perk for gunslinger. Resets knife cooldown After every precision kill with a knife. Amazing fun

Yes
But you may have heard otherwise.

yK4WK9k.png

It's sad to say but they converted me after the exotic items nonsense. I'm becoming one of them :-/

I got FV again from Templar and a Prism Mark from the exotic chest. Fuck this game.

Don't worry. It's not like you have to wait an entire week to try again

Sullichin

Yeah, because the game is set up to have different challenges / drops every week and we all come in here and complain about what we didn't get.

X-Frame

Has anyone gone through their friends lists and cleaned it up a bit? I must have added about 200 people before Destiny came out, but I am guessing I haven't even interacted with 75% of them.

Frenden

Banned
I have Super Good Advice finished but am waiting until next week to turn it in. What's the consensus on it post-patch?

Super Worth Leveling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom