• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i originally posted "a few hours" i didn't think it'd take all day. anyway, i finished a montage finally (against my computer's will to render).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9k_IOHcKPQ

lemme know what you guys think. i'm actually excited for the new crucible maps now.
I like the intro :) I see you're using some videos when you're controller is broken ( right ?) and damn good thing I am never against you. Need to play more Pvp now..my skills are lacking

Good game with LordofPwn on Hard. Fairly smooth outside of some odd Relic behavior during the Templar fight.

Hell, we beat it faster than opening a wine bottle :p

And finally obtained a second Raid piece (chest) after months of waiting! Hopefully something comes Tuesday to round it all out. Saved what was, and still is a bit, a rather pitiful haul.

Good game with LordofPwn on Hard. Fairly smooth outside of some odd Relic behavior during the Templar fight.

And finally obtained a second Raid piece (chest) after months of waiting! Hopefully something comes Tuesday to round it all out. Saved what was, and still is a bit, a rather pitiful haul.

RNG is frustrating. I should consider myself very lucky. I was perusing my stats and I only have 6 Raid clears (several more unfinished attempts) on one character and I have 3 Raid pieces. Add in my Exotic Helm and level 30 is mine. Even though I have been playing regularly for the last 3 months, I recognize my time investment isn't nearly as significant as so many other forever 29's.

coy

I'm still struggling. -_-

Really enjoyed the video! I was watching the stream during IB and knew what to expect from this but was still impressed.

So which exotics are people planning on upgrading? I assume everyone will do icebreaker since that one is fairly painless. I want to do Hawkmoon and Gjallarhorn, but ugghhhh...

I may just wait to see if Bungie addresses this.

Icebreaker is a no brainer though since the perks are not all that great.

HighOnPCP

So which exotics are people planning on upgrading. I assume everyone will do icebreaker since that one is fairly painless. I want to do Hawkmoon and Gjallarhorn, but ugghhhh...

Highest priority for me:

Hawkmoon
Ice Breaker
Gjallahorn
Plan C
SUROS
TLW

So basically all the top tier shit haha

I'm still struggling. -_-

Really enjoyed the video! I was watching the stream during IB and knew what to expect from this but was still impressed.

At this point just save it for the first End of Crota clear.
So which exotics are people planning on upgrading? I assume everyone will do icebreaker since that one is fairly painless. I want to do Hawkmoon and Gjallarhorn, but ugghhhh...

Ice Breaker and Ghorn initially, followed by Mythoclast, Plan C, and maybe Patience and Time if I don't earn a new one between now and then. The rest I either don't use enough to prioritize or already in the process of replacing rather painlessly. Except Thorn. Even if I don't use it I'll upgrade it. Never running that
Bounty again.

Frenden

Banned
Upgrade priority list:

1. Icebreaker
  2. Icebreaker
  3. Icebreaker

I'll buy a legendary hand cannon from the Vanguard if there is a spiritual successor to the Devil You Know, upgrade the Icebreaker, and go from there.

Bladelaw

when i originally posted "a few hours" i didn't think it'd take all day. anyway, i finished a montage finally (against my computer's will to render).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9k_IOHcKPQ

lemme know what you guys think. i'm actually excited for the new crucible maps now.
Nice show. A few of those headshot sniper sprees looked almost Mouse/KB quality.Favorite moment was the Last Word kill on the Arc Blading hunter followed by the obligatory gun flip.

You make me want to get better with sniper rifles in PvP. I never use them despite leaning hard on the Ice Breaker in PvE.
Same. I snipe a shitload in pve but have used a sniper rifle maybe 10 total matches in crucible.

I actually do pretty well with Praedyth's Revenge, but I just don't feel right using a sniper rifle since people can see you aiming.

Ice Breaker is an easy choice to upgrade since it's perks barely do anything. Its pretty much the same gun with no upgrades. Going from a fully upgraded one to a refurb is an improvement already (small but still).

Ice Breaker is an easy choice to upgrade since it's perks barely do anything. Its pretty much the same gun with no upgrades. Going from a fully upgraded one to a refurb is an improvement already (small but still).

yup, probably the only exotic weapon I'd bother to upgrade at all. Don't need anything else unless for maybe IB and I think 300 weapons would still be effective in that case.

I like the intro :) I see you're using some videos when you're controller is broken ( right ?) and damn good thing I am never against you. Need to play more Pvp now..my skills are lacking

yup. i think i spent most of the day going through 15 minute clips but my favorites were ones i already uploaded :/

i'm glad i got this outta the way though so i can start saving (and organizing) new ones next week. i'll have to think of a more creative intro too

Pretty dope :D

Saw the clip of me jumping around looking like an idiot while you sniped fools too lol

never gets old lol. Last Word fo life

I imagine that largely captures the sensation of what it must be like to play against you

i imagine i've made a few people hate hunters...

Damn good stuff right there! Great video and song choice!

thanks. i thought it was a good fit for the gunslinger class. wish i had better last word clips though.

Watched it now. Pretty good although I gotta say I liked boom boom pow better.

yea that song captured the pace of the bastion clips better. i wish my PC would let me render with better resolution though so i can fix that video

Nice show. A few of those headshot sniper sprees looked almost Mouse/KB quality.Favorite moment was the Last Word kill on the Arc Blading hunter followed by the obligatory gun flip.

the DS4 feels a lot more precise than the 360 pad I was used to. Maybe it's the symm sticks.

Those bladedancer kills were a stealth statement :p

You make me want to get better with sniper rifles in PvP. I never use them despite leaning hard on the Ice Breaker in PvE.

PvP sniping is a whole different ballgame. comes down to how well you can improvise and anticipate your opponents, and it helps to have a good sniper that doesn't hold you back. the rest is definitely raw aiming, but i think this game has enough aim assist and bullet magnetism to help with that.

my sniper reminds me of the one from halo 3. that game had less aim assist but i was more comfortable with it.

My brother's SO hid his PS4, so I'm playing his Destiny account. Thank goodness he only has two characters, I'm doing 5 dailys a day (and bounties) and it's killing me.

phen0m24

So we ran hard raid tonight. Just finished a few minutes ago. Thank you to our awesome squad...

Went in excited, bought the Inmost Light helmet from Xur this AM, leveled it (that's 8 maxed exotics) today, hit 30. Max Level! Although I was told I was wearing a PVP helmet on my Defender. Yeah yeah whatever. 30!

Eventually destroyed Atheon and well...

got the helmet

But we beat the Templar from the cliffs with one down below which worked really well. That was awesome.

Thanks again guys - may I go to sleep now?

deafmedal

Would help if you told us whoever is left? Instead of just gloating.

Edit: Forget it, goodnight.

Wasn't gloating, I'm generally positive (if a bit sarcastic), and just want everyone to have fun *shrugs shoulders* Sorry if it didn't come across that way- I had a post where I responded to 6 people... we only needed two. If the other four and you couldn't figure it out, I dunno? Fuck me :S

So we ran hard raid tonight. Just finished a few minutes ago. Thank you to our awesome squad...

Went in excited, bought the Inmost Light helmet from Xur this AM, leveled it (that's 8 maxed exotics) today, hit 30. Max Level! Although I was told I was wearing a PVP helmet on my Defender. Yeah yeah whatever. 30!

got the helmet

But we beat the Templar from the cliffs with one down below which worked really well. That was awesome.

No sleep for you!
well I cannot be allow to sleep
..GRIND MORE!
congrats on earning the raid helmet after you bought and level up the exotic helmet. It does sound like RNGesus is working his magic :p hope youre prepare to regrind those exotics next week

deafmedal

got the helmet

I can't believe we both got fancy new hats :) And a Mytho dropped *thumbs up*

Now go to sleep, and dream of destroying frozen water :p
Soon my friend, soon :)

I like moving around as a Hunter (feels fast and the double jump is cool) but I don't like the abilities :( You get killed faster than I expected during Arc Blade, and Golden Gun is too skill-dependent :/

LordofPwn

This is how my latest Flawless run ended....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GS4sb0RC6k
Dafuq...

1 hour 18min while drinking and dicking around. My most enjoyable hard raid. Was fun. Now just need to do a hard with my hunter and that should be it for me this week.

Steroyd

I like moving around as a Hunter (feels fast and the double jump is cool) but I don't like the abilities :( You get killed faster than I expected during Arc Blade, and Golden Gun is too skill-dependent :/

*spits drink*

I'd love to meet your type of bladedancer because I've Nova bombed/Rocket launchered a few in the face and that wasn't enough.

Feorax

Anyone raiding today? Got several hours to kill.

29 Sunlock with a maxed VoC. Happy to do normal or hard raid (though I've not done hard before). PSN is in my profile.

Very 1st raid and got a dropped Atheon Epilogue. I've been using a fully maxed Suros...not sure which is better or worse. Seems AE does some amazing void damage, but makes very little impact.

So what is it DestinyGaf, did I win the game?

Very 1st raid and got a dropped Atheon Epilogue. I've been using a fully maxed Suros...not sure which is better or worse. Seems AE does some amazing void damage, but makes very little impact.

I like it for void burn and taking down minotaur shields, but otherwise suros is far more powerful.

Did my first raid with my Titan alt. Seems my shit luck transcends characters. I got fucking shards and energy all the way through. Until Atheon that is. The game felt kind enough to throw me that ugly ship. Thanks. A new loading screen. What a waste of time.

Steroyd

Maxed out it's a very good Oracle killer and can take minotaur shields down quick... Yeah that's all the praise I can muster for it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom