• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are flawless!!

FXu2hOR.jpg

Thanks to everyone in the group

Elemental_sin
Milkham
Zewone
Quint

and Kopyasu who was kind enough to help us out :)

btw Atheon did not glitch so I guess they really did fix it

And of course our guardian angel Firehawk1234

We are flawless!!

FXu2hOR.jpg

Elemental_sin
Milkham
Zewone
Quint

Shit. Congrats guys! Wish I could've stayed in the party but I kept getting DC'd. Party chat on Vita is even worse :p

when i originally posted "a few hours" i didn't think it'd take all day. anyway, i finished a montage finally (against my computer's will to render).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9k_IOHcKPQ

lemme know what you guys think. i'm actually excited for the new crucible maps now.

Aw shit this made me realize how crappy i am. I liked the western theme it had going but you should have picked Wild wild west by Will smith (jk).

What sniper is that you are using and what perks should i look for when sniping in pvp? Also what is the best handcannon for pvp?

First time doing the raid on all my alts...usually only got to do it on my hunter once a week.

Hawkmoon (dismantled)
Patience (dismantled)
Found Verdict (dismantled)
Hunter raid boots x2 (dismantled)

Vex!!!
Hunter helm!!!
Hezen Vengeance
Raid ship
Shitload of energy

I got the vex and helm in the same Atheon win...so glad I got these two, I have VoG closure now and can move on...though will still run it for fatebringer which I want for my HC collection.

Edit: LOVE the Vex, I like the design, the sound, functionality...melting shit! Going to max it today then solo nightfall. :D

FyreWulff

protip: don't try to play the daily through the server reset. WEIRD SHIT HAPPENS

have room for a third, tiger strike playlist

psn Fyre_Wulff

Very 1st raid and got a dropped Atheon Epilogue. I've been using a fully maxed Suros...not sure which is better or worse. Seems AE does some amazing void damage, but makes very little impact.

So what is it DestinyGaf, did I win the game?

AE is only good for killing Oracles or Void Burn strikes. Otherwise I'd use the Suros.

We are flawless!!

FXu2hOR.jpg

Elemental_sin
Milkham
Zewone
Quint

And of course our guardian angel Firehawk1234

congrats you guys. i think i'll muster up the courage to do this sometime this weekend. the templar glitches don't inspire much confidence though.

congrats you guys. i think i'll muster up the courage to do this sometime this weekend. the templar glitches don't inspire much confidence though.

You should definitely do it. Templar doesn't glitch that bad. Just stick together and help each other out on the right side. This is as glitch free as it'll probably get lol

Steroyd

Tuesday it returns permanently.

Praise the sun, having Combined Arms in place of salvage (for a limited time) was a crime in and of itself after I recently started liking Skirmish I've started to want to have a taste of Salvage with a proper team.

zewone

Praise the sun, having Combined Arms in place of salvage (for a limited time) was a crime in and of itself after I recently started liking Skirmish I've started to want to have a taste of Salvage with a proper team.
It's my favorite. Better than even Skirmish.

Geneijin

Congratulations to the new flawless raiders. Big thanks to zewone and SolidEyeSystem for completing the team and making this happen tonight.

I definitely recommend it for the sole fact that I think they finally fixed the Atheon teleports... 3 people teleported correctly and Atheon was finished in 2 runs.

It would be nice if salvage wasn't a limited time play list that seems to just kind of come and go magically....especially since it has a trophy tied to it that is the last one I need to get my guardian lord trophy. Really wanted to get that before the dlc hit :/

Zakalwe

Banned
It would be nice if salvage wasn't a limited time play list that seems to just kind of come and go magically....especially since it has a trophy tied to it that is the last one I need to get my guardian lord trophy. Really wanted to get that before the dlc hit :/

It's being added as a full time playlist with the dlc update.

Nice video Zoba, the sniping sprees are especially great. You're always good at reminding me how inconsistent I am in crucible. ;_;

I am totally in love with TLW. I don't want to use any other gun.

Magnificent gun. I was a strictly auto rifle user who disliked hand cannons. Until I got the Last Word in the Nightfall. Used it in PVP and it just clicked for me. It's a good weapon for people transitioning away from auto rifles to HCs IMO.

Now I only use Thorn/Hawkmoom/TLW in PVP and can't imagine going back to ARs.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah, I saw that. Still wanted the trophy before the dlc <.<. I also just find it weird to tie a trophy to something you couldn't always have access to.

Yeh, must be part if their psychological strategy or something it's all I can think of. Definitely feels great now they're being added as full time modes.

You tried post patch Thorn? It's actually replaced HM as my go to exotic or larger maps.

TLW is always the one I take for rumble though. That gun is special.

Matt Frost

I am a noob in the game and will ask a noob question: is there a shop you can see your stuff to? I swear I looked everywhere and had to discard the equipment instead of selling it...

Congratulations to the new flawless raiders. Big thanks to zewone and SolidEyeSystem for completing the team and making this happen tonight.

I definitely recommend it for the sole fact that I think they finally fixed the Atheon teleports... 3 people teleported correctly and Atheon was finished in 2 runs.

Thanks for the help!

Normal raid with Titan at 28 completed, not a single piece of armour dropped. At least I got Thunderlord from a chest.

This close to the expansion I don't really want to spend shards and glimmer just to get to 29 for the hard raid.

Aw shit this made me realize how crappy i am. I liked the western theme it had going but you should have picked Wild wild west by Will smith (jk).

What sniper is that you are using and what perks should i look for when sniping in pvp? Also what is the best handcannon for pvp?

I'm using a Hieracon-LR5 with unflinching and a shortgaze scope.

long range sniping:
+impact
+range
+stability
+magazine
+use midzoom scopes unless you plan on looking from one end of bastion to the other.

best perks are shooting ammo to pick up, outlaw, third eye (radar while scoped), feeding frenzy (kills increase reload) and spray and play (increased reload when mag is empty). unflinching helps but isn't as important since you'll be too far away from enemies to take much damage (unless they have a vision of confluence...ugh i hate fighting that thing).

close range sniping:
+rate of fire
+stability
+magazine
+shortgaze or ambush scope

unflinching is the only one that matters. speed reload and snapshot are good too though.

general:
  • radar is your friend. use it to spot enemies and line up a shot. you can even drop off radar briefly so they think you've left, or make them think you're moving away while you're looking at their approach.
  • I pulse my scope to check radar occasionally since I can't see it while aiming down sights. There are a few snipers that let you see the radar but most don't so this is a good work around.
  • if you miss a shot on a moving target, paint the reticle over the target's body to keep the auto aim engaged. it's easier to follow up than sweeping for a headshot.
  • IIRC, the range of the scope is linked to the time it takes you to ADS (used to be stats on one of the database sites). useful to keep in mind especially for close quarters.
  • don't stand still; don't stay in the same spot. if you snipe a few dudes, they're either going to avoid that lane on the map, or they'll make it their mission to hunt you down and dance on your corpse. general unpredictability goes a long way when you're sniping. one trick i use to constantly get the drop on snipers is to simply move closer. my body occupies more of their scope, so it makes it harder for them to counter snipe me. exodus blue is the best place to see this in action.
  • Don't run all over the map; position yourself near cover, an escape route, and keep your back against a wall so that you don't get fusion rifled in the back. Simple enough but I still struggle with this at times. Note that your teammates are not a wall and they can die or miss enemies that will spot you instead.
  • Instead of letting your teammates cover for you, you cover them. I'm usually watching where my teammates move and i'll let them know i'm behind them so they can push confidently. Just don't pick up my habit of stealing kills saving them
  • you can reload cancel with any weapon destiny so that it doesn't have to finish the animation to let you fire again. as soon as you see the number change on your HUD, sprint briefly and it'll ready your weapon faster. if your sniper's reload speed is good enough, it lets you ignore reload perks.
  • armor piercing rounds go through some walls and windows, so look for them if you don't mind being called a hacker after the game. twilight gap and first light have the most opportunities to see this in action.

i'll add more if i think of any. right now i'm trying to learn how to consistently snipe while airborne. i'm sure there's a trick.

best PvP hand cannon is The Last Word in terms of kill time. Thorn and Hawkmoon are deadly at range, and other legendaries like The Devil You Know, Red Hand IX, and Lord High Fixer can hold their own. Fatebringer probably isn't ideal anymore since explosive rounds got nerfed, but it's still a good choice.

the great thing about hand cannons is they afford you more mobility. you're more accurate in the air and at the hip, and you can strafe around cover and still do significant damage to your opponents. people make the mistake of using them like ARs though.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You tried post patch Thorn? It's actually replaced HM as my go to exotic or larger maps.

TLW is always the one I take for rumble though. That gun is special.
I'll upgrade it after the DLC hits. It needs that DoT perk to be really effective I think. If Bungie had released the exotic upgrade details earlier I would've waited :( What a waste.

Magnificent gun. I was a strictly auto rifle user who disliked hand cannons. Until I got the Last Word in the Nightfall. Used it in PVP and it just clicked for me. It's a good weapon for people transitioning away from auto rifles to HCs IMO.

Yup, same here.

I'm so used to using (full auto) shotguns and Vision of Confluence in PvP I can't imagine using anything else, let alone handcannons ._.

Muz

Neo Member
Two level 30 looking for a hard raid, anyone starting a fresh one soon? PSN is TearsOfBlood

I'm doing one with a couple of friends and have a save at the oracle's (first loot drop) but starting in about 2 hours. If you can play then you're both in

SkylineRKR

I want to love it, but the game doesn't let me. Whenever I play at evening hours, the lag is apparently so bad that half of my direct hits don't register. Which is why I resort to Vex spraying.

I'm doing one with a couple of friends and have a save at the oracle's (first loot drop) but starting in about 2 hours. If you can play then you're both in

Sure thing, just add me on PSN when youre good to go! I'm off for lunch now, but back in 20 minutes or so.

I don't have the patience to run Hard Raids anymore. However, if you'd be so kind as to have a spot for Atheon, I'd love to join!

Don't have an Atheon checkpoint unfortunately! But I get the feeling hah.

Muz

Neo Member
I don't have the patience to run Hard Raids anymore. However, if you'd be so kind as to have a spot for Atheon, I'd love to join!

I have a friend with an atheon checkpoint. We can load that up and you can join and wipe to have it.

Add me: thekunjer

Will be on in about 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom