• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

I got the Calming from yesterday's Nightfall, legendary solar fusion rifle from FWC. The charge time is pretty short, and it's also very stable. Love it.

phen0m24

Help me GAF. This is make or break weekend for Destiny, if I can't find some poeple to run the raid with this evening then I'm trading tomorrow. I've run the raid on normal once and got Atheons Epilogue and Chatterwhite but haven't been able to find anyone else to raid with since and I've been trawling forums etc. So yeah, #forever29, I don't think I can get any higher without raid gear? And as I can't find anyone to do the raid my progress essentially ends here for me.

So yeah, pleeeeease, if you're doing a normal raid and need one more, or even if you're doing the Nightfall or whatever then I'll be around from say 7pm GMT this evening for a good few hours.

And to be fair, even if you can't raid this evening but might have need of me in the future, just send me a FR for another time.

PSN, BarryFishFinger. Level 29 Warlock.

Thankingyew.

Barry if you see people on this thread or the other destiny thread running a normal, put your name in the list. That's the best way to go. Or say on here that you're looking to start a normal at X time, put your psn and your level and let it fill up.

arimanius

when i originally posted "a few hours" i didn't think it'd take all day. anyway, i finished a montage finally (against my computer's will to render).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9k_IOHcKPQ

lemme know what you guys think. i'm actually excited for the new crucible maps now.

Wow I really enjoyed this. Watching your previous clips of knife kills is what made me shelve my Titan and start a hunter. I think I saw a few medals I've never seen before. Lol

I died a little inside seeing the Titan die to a knife during shoulder charge. Sigh

X-Frame

Ok lets add each other and star this.

I'll sen the frs now.

That was a great run and an awesome group!

Unfortunately, Fatebringer still eludes me. I have two more 30's, my Warlock and Hunter, so hopefully I can get 2 more Hard Mode groups this weekend for 2 more chances at it. :)

Ambitious

No raid helmet for my Warlock yesterday. So I'm going to have to stick with my Apotheosis Veil for at least another week instead of finally being able to switch back to my Sunbreakers.

I have the void one and you're the only other person Ive heard mention that gun.

Is it that rare?

Saw this on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2oge4i/introducing_fireteams_real_matchmaking_for/

Introducing Firetea.ms - *real* matchmaking for Nightfall, Raids, and more

Just finished working on the first public beta of Firetea.ms, a small web-app for real* Destiny matchmaking; as in, being rapidly connected with Guardians who are ready to play ASAP.

*not entirely real, since it's not built into Destiny, but close enough.

Dead simple interface that can be used on any of your devices, and it should work on IE9+ and any remotely recent version of every other browser. Just type in your info, hit search, and wait for a match. It'll also remember your info for the next time you want a match. Results will tell you a Guardian's class (via the class symbols)[2] , username, party size, and level.

What if you and your friend only need a third? That's fine - only one of you needs to search for a match, just remember to set the Party Size to 2 (or whatever your party size currently is).

But, for this to work, I need your help: a site like this is only useful once it hits a certain critical mass of users, so I'd ask that you spread the word around so the community can gain another awesome tool. I'd also appreciate bug reports and any other constructive feedback you may have. I'm not entirely sure how this will perform under real conditions, but I think it's ready for a Reddit hug.

This is the bullshit destiny PvP has:

Titan defender set to defense, force barrier enabled (overshield)... die to one burst of mid range fusion rifle.

Pulse rifle with medium fire speed moderate impact, weapons of light (40% buff) two clean headshots on another player, leaves them in red HP, die to what felt like two handcannon shots.

The pulse rifles suck, they can be fun and I like using mine in PvE but my god how shit are they compared to everything else.

Then there's the fact that overshields mean nothing to half the weapon sin PvP, fusion rifles being the worst.

If everything is unbalanced....nothing is.
Pro tip use thorn. Tis godcannon.

This is the problem though, while I understand that a game like this will be hard to balance completely there are so many broken factors for multiplayer, it also doesn't help that sometimes you go against people who will not die until a second after you drop all their health, in that time they can shoot back.

phen0m24

Diablo I think part of that is lag. Check people's connections next to their names. I played last night with a guy whose connection showed red and he was hard to kill. It was weird. Then there are guys like Zoba up there who are awesome and scary to run against! ;)

You get one too? I'm picking up my boys at 11ish. Shoot me a message when the boys want to roll

I did. It was my second, so I didn't want to steal the thunder from the other guy.

It probably won't be until a bit later, there's some lego thing going on at the mall. Maybe 1 or 2.

My North American Xbox One clan (Progenitor) is looking to recruit some more players for raiding in The Dark Below. We ran 2-3 Vault of Glass groups at our peak but as with many Destiny clans, some of our members have branched out into other games. Many will be coming back for The Dark Below, but I'd definitely like to add a few more players to ensure we can reliably run several raid groups week in and week out. We're pretty laid back and like to have fun and bust on each other while raiding. We generally start raids around 8:30 EST.

If you have any questions about Progenitor, our schedule or who we are, feel free to shoot me a PM on GAF or on Bungie.net. Here is a link to our clan page;

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Xbox/174077

phen0m24

I did. It was my second, so I didn't want to steal the thunder from the other guy.

It probably won't be until a bit later, there's some lego thing going on at the mall. Maybe 1 or 2.

Haha dupes for the win. I was like Oooh the helmet I needed before buying one this morning.... haha

No worries on schedule. I sent you a pm.

Normal raid with Titan at 28 completed, not a single piece of armour dropped. At least I got Thunderlord from a chest.

This close to the expansion I don't really want to spend shards and glimmer just to get to 29 for the hard raid.

Bit the bullet and took my Titan to level 29 yesterday. Ran the hard raid. Finally got Fatebringer so for me it was worth the trouble.

noomi

Is anyone actually planning on running VoGon Tuesday?

I would love to knock out nightfalls, and VoG HM one last time before jumping into the new content :)

Slamo

9o3704Q.jpg

I am guardian lord!

Finally managed to find some time and pick up the remaining ghosts.

That was a great run and an awesome group!

Unfortunately, Fatebringer still eludes me. I have two more 30's, my Warlock and Hunter, so hopefully I can get 2 more Hard Mode groups this weekend for 2 more chances at it. :)

Yeah, great aside from health-regen gatekeeper. Lol

Still hv a titan29 to push through hard. Gonna take a break tho.

Is anyone actually planning on running VoGon Tuesday?

I would love to knock out nightfalls, and VoG HM one last time before jumping into the new content :)

Probably wouldn't mind running it if I have time. Vision of Confluence still eludes me. Would be nice to grab the Atheon checkpoint so I can take a couple shots at VoC.

So how do we upgrade the exotic bounty weapons post-DLC such as Thorn, Juju, etc.? Do we have to do the bounties all over again and shard the old ones or will Xur have upgrade paths for these? I really don't want to do the bounties all over again!!!

matmanx1

Have we had any indications on the new IB gear versus what is going to be sold by the Quartermasters in the tower?

Will the IB gear be the same light levels or a little bit better? It would stink to buy a helmet next week from the QM only to find the IB vendor selling a better one on the 16th when IB returns.

Took my friends through the raid for the first time last week and we ran it again yesterday. In those two runs one of them, the one that has played the game the least, gets Atheon's Epilogue, Corrective Measure, the raid ship, warlock raid gauntlets twice, chest piece, armband, and chatterwhite. Amazing. Some people have all the luck.

E92 M3

Haven't played for a bit. Should I be waiting until the DLC comes to use exotic shards on my exotic weapons?

You'd want to trade your exotics to Xur or find a duplicate after the DLC comes out. Don't waste shards upgrading current ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom