• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Hit 27 with my Warlock late last night so I'm ready to take her in the raid now. Anyone up for a normal one today? I'll be using all my maxed weapons (VoC, IB and CM).

Ambitious

Let's keep this up to date:

Crota's End (Blind) - Friday 12th - 7pm GMT

- Jinjo (Level 30 Titan)
- Mr-Stephen (Level 30 Warlock)
- Zoltan69 (Level 30, any class)
- GalacticToast (Level 30 Hunter)
- Ambitious (Level 30 Hunter/Warlock)
- OPEN

I'm going to create a party chat.

Strider

join us.

we actually played a good team. first time i saw C on firebase delphi go completely ignored. as soon as we passed them though, they capped it to get the extra points :/

You are playing right now?

I was gonna start Shadow of Mordor then crucible... guess I could change the order around.

this isn't anything official or in-depth like i've done in the past, but i just wanted to quicky update my opinion on the maps as my favor of some have shifted:

shores of time: still the best, spawns nonwithstanding

blind watch: new changes make it a lot more interesting in control. the cover also makes it flow better in other game modes. i still think it has some fundamental problems, but they're much more manageable to the player.

exodus blue: i'm starting to appreciate this map visually and it's definitely easier to maneuver around the superfluous cover as a hand cannon user. still don't like it but i've had some fun games on it recently.

rusted lands: love-hate relationship with this map. i think the spawns bother me more than anything.

burning shrine: blink ruins it

firebase delphi: lousy control map mainly because of its spawns.

asylum and anomaly: these maps don't play salvage very well. the former is too linear and the latter is too segmented. the relic likes to spawn by the enemy team on the opposite end of the map.

bastion and first light: ...

twilight gap: probably the worst map in the game. it doesn't really play anything well. still finding it oversegmented and the counter-sights on the choke points are too narrow and awkward. i'm learning to manuever around the scaffoldings and platforms more but i just find it an exercise in frustration. it's basically everything wrong with bungie's environment design wrapped up with a bow on top.

if there's one universal problem, it's bungie's spawn system. spawning in line of sight of the enemy, spawning in the same spawn point, spawning into a golden gun, spawning on the opposite side of the map away from your whole team, etc.

Seriously, I thought I did this part of the 'progression". I'm still suspicious that this trick of getting ready to rank up and then doing it on Tuesday is going to work that simply, but who knows. Either way, it's not fun.

It does not end.

I am saving my bounties to turn in on Friday for when Xur has something for me to upgrade. I presume they aren't turning him loose on Tuesday.

Sullichin

I am debating buying a Shadow Price from the Vanguard mentor, or Grim Citizen III from Crucible, before the DLC hits, because I won't be able to buy them again. I had them at some point but dismantled. Kind of want a shadow price on the off chance we could reforge it later...

Off topic, but has anyone been getting redirects to fake flash download sites on GAF? I may have a virus, but it's ONLY happening here.

twilight gap: probably the worst map in the game. it doesn't really play anything well. still finding it oversegmented and the counter-sights on the choke points are too narrow and awkward. i'm learning to manuever around the scaffoldings and platforms more but i just find it an exercise in frustration. it's basically everything wrong with bungie's environment design wrapped up with a bow on top..

Awy60CU.gif

spyder_ur

It does not end.

I am saving my bounties to turn in on Friday for when Xur has something for me to upgrade. I presume they aren't turning him loose on Tuesday.

I'm getting up the edge of faction levels. Do we know for sure that the factions (DO, NM, FWC) offer commendations?

Either way, managing this just to get ready for Tuesday is not fun. And it puts me in the silly position of, if I want to play before then, making sure I don't do activities to accidentally level one of my factions. I seriously don't understand the commendation thing. I guess to limi amount of stuff you can buy, but the weekly cap and marks cap should take care of that.

Definity

I still need to get my level 29 hunter through hard raid this week.
Have maxed weapons and plenty of clears.

If anyone is raiding send me an invite.
PSN (PS4): DefinityXMG

matmanx1

this isn't anything official or in-depth like i've done in the past, but i just wanted to quicky update my opinion on the maps as my favor of some have shifted:

shores of time: still the best, spawns nonwithstanding

blind watch: new changes make it a lot more interesting in control. the cover also makes it flow better in other game modes. i still think it has some fundamental problems, but they're much more manageable to the player.

exodus blue: i'm starting to appreciate this map visually and it's definitely easier to maneuver around the superfluous cover as a hand cannon user. still don't like it but i've had some fun games on it recently.

rusted lands: love-hate relationship with this map. i think the spawns bother me more than anything.

burning shrine: blink ruins it

firebase delphi: lousy control map mainly because of its spawns.

asylum and anomaly: these maps don't play salvage very well. the former is too linear and the latter is too segmented. the relic likes to spawn by the enemy team on the opposite end of the map.

bastion and first light: ...

twilight gap: probably the worst map in the game. it doesn't really play anything well. still finding it oversegmented and the counter-sights on the choke points are too narrow and awkward. i'm learning to manuever around the scaffoldings and platforms more but i just find it an exercise in frustration. it's basically everything wrong with bungie's environment design wrapped up with a bow on top.

if there's one universal problem, it's bungie's spawn system. spawning in line of sight of the enemy, spawning in the same spawn point, spawning into a golden gun, spawning on the opposite side of the map away from your whole team, etc.

Interestingly enough my best K/D ratio is on Twilight Gap by a wide margin. I've played it so much I know it well and it just lends to the flow of a Striker Titan with Shoulder Charge. Lots of hallways where you can build up a head of steam and then ram someone.

Rusted Lands is my absolute worst K/D map and I never really get comfortable in games there. I feel like there are way too many sight lines and I'm always getting sniped from somewhere or constantly flanked. I am not the caliber of PVP player that you are though so of course take all of this with a grain of salt.

I agree with you on the spawn problems though, and that goes for all maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom