• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly enough my best K/D ratio is on Twilight Gap by a wide margin. I've played it so much I know it well and it just lends to the flow of a Striker Titan with Shoulder Charge. Lots of hallways where you can build up a head of steam and then ram someone.

Rusted Lands is my absolute worst K/D map and I never really get comfortable in games there. I feel like there are way too many sight lines and I'm always getting sniped from somewhere or constantly flanked. I am not the caliber of PVP player that you are though so of course take all of this with a grain of salt.

I agree with you on the spawn problems though, and that goes for all maps.

yea i can't imagine titans having much success on some of the more open maps so i can understand that angle. hopefully the new maps are better suited to the various styles of play. cauldron looks promising and pantheon will be good if it's not too big. maybe skyshock will even be a good vehicle map. DLC's usually been better than release maps in bungie games IMO

Dave_6

Dave and shok, ready?
Also n need 2 more?
Anyone wanna raid?

Sorry guys, had to leave and run some errands with a friend for a few minutes. It still may be a few mins before I can log on.

PSN is DaveS78 if any of you want to go ahead and add me.

MADGAME

I'm in Skywatch waiting on a Public Event and I see a message above my super bar that says "The Minions of Crota Have Started a Ritual". New to me, what is it?

Edit: I meant I'm in Forgotten Shore, not Skywatch. No Hive around at all.

blackflag

Has Bungie said anything about the following?

Legendary engrams dropped pre expansion but not decoded until expansion release

Completed exotic bounties not turned in until after expansion

I have both of these things.

Currently getting all 3 of my level 30 characters to within a few points of vanguard, crucible, and faction level up so I can get commendations.

Maxing glimmer as well

I'm going to be as ready as possible.

Just about the exotic bounties. Don't submit yet. On Tuesday submitting it will give you the new upgraded version.

I'm in Skywatch waiting on a Public Event and I see a message above my super bar that says "The Minions of Crota Have Started a Ritual". New to me, what is it?

Kill the Hive and get the sword to kill! Implemented this week for Dark below hype.

blackflag

Kill the minion and you get sword of Crota for a few minutes

Anyone else find Bungie's appearance at The Videogame Awards last night realllyyyyy awkward?

"Hopefully you'll have a good time". Yeesh I swear they could feel the hatred from those they screwed over this week.

Also hilarious that Marty came on alone after to get the best original score award without the Bungie guys. Obvious resentment there.

spyder_ur

Currently getting all 3 of my level 30 characters to within a few points of vanguard, crucible, and faction level up so I can get commendations.

Maxing glimmer as well

Me too, I'm skeptical it's going to all work out as planned, but we'll see. I'm holding legendary engrams just because why not?

ocean

Banned
Since any dropped Exotic will have higher base stats running Nightfall before new Raid is probably a good idea. You might get lucky and jump in at 302 attack, better than any maxed out current weapon barring Mythoclast. Since we won't have Xûr to sell upgrades before Friday, it's our best bet to enter CE reasonably prepared. Now I'm really regretting having only two Nightfall-ready characters.

spyder_ur

Since any dropped Exotic will have higher base stats running Nightfall before new Raid is probably a good idea. You might get lucky and jump in at 302 attack, better than any maxed out current weapon barring Mythoclast. Since we won't have Xûr to sell upgrades before Friday, it's our best bet to enter CE reasonably prepared. Now I'm really regretting having only two Nightfall-ready characters.

I'd rather have a maxed exotic with the perks (heck even some legendaries) than a barebones 302 exotic.

Thorn's basically the new mythoclast. :/

lol

stream's up: http://www.twitch.tv/twilightgap

Maybe after some upgrades, but just starting out with the weapon it doesn't feel that way. Takes a lot more skill to wield Thorn (precision is non-negotiable) than Mythoclast (mere stability compensation).

Why are Crucible Marks so difficult to accumulate?

Solo Crucible problems ;_;
I'd rather have a maxed exotic with the perks (heck even some legendaries) than a barebones 302 exotic.

Indeed. Still don't understand why they went the route of resetting the upgrade tree to incorporate the new damage value tree rather than just add a final branch that takes similar time and resources (Minus the 7000 glimmer entry fee. Ouch.)

Rhaegar

Maxing glimmer as well

Pretty sure deej said that you will get the new upgraded version of the guns if you redeem your exotic bounties after the expansion comes out.

FyreWulff

There will be Hive around summoning a Knight. The Knight will have a special name and will drop a Crota Sword that you can use in the overworld.

Hive will appear where they usually don't.

edit: beaten

Pretty sure deej said that you will get the new upgraded version of the guns if you redeem your exotic bounties after the expansion comes out.

Correct. Holding off on both Invective and Bad Juju until then so I get the 'free' upgrade and can trade in my old Invective.

MADGAME

I can be on in about fourty minutes... Anything going on with Flawless attempts?
Cuco said he can't multitask :D so he is postponing.

There will be Hive around summoning a Knight. The Knight will have a special name and will drop a Crota Sword that you can use in the overworld.

Hive will appear where they usually don't.

edit: beaten
Nice. I couldn't find them in the relatively small area I was in but appreciate the info

SkylineRKR

Depends on the weapon's perks though. Ice Breaker's special perks aren't all that special for instance.

Yes Ice Breaker is perfect for upgrade, the weapon hits even harder after it while its basically stays identical to an old maxed one (mulligan is somewhat useless but easy to unlock again, explosion does nothing anyway.. its other perks do nothing either).

But the question is, will Xur even offer an upgrade for this weapon anytime soon?

ocean

Banned
Yes Ice Breaker is perfect for upgrade, the weapon hits even harder after it while its basically stays identical to an old maxed one (mulligan is somewhat useless but easy to unlock again, explosion does nothing anyway.. its other perks do nothing either).

But the question is, will Xur even offer an upgrade for this weapon anytime soon?
That asshole better bring it the first week. It's my favorite PvE weapon and I wanna re-max it asap.

X-Frame

Do we know how Xur is going to be handled with him selling DLC gear to non-DLC buyers?

For someone who doesn't buy the DLC, it's possible that when they visit Xur they won't be able to buy any of the items because they didn't purchase the DLC?

So how do we upgrade the exotic bounty weapons post-DLC such as Thorn, Juju, etc.? Do we have to do the bounties all over again and shard the old ones or will Xur have upgrade paths for these? I really don't want to do the bounties all over again!!!

Sorry to repost but has there been any indication on how bounty exotics get upgraded? Xur typically doesn't sell these, so does it mean we have to do the bounties over?

LordofPwn

Uploaded our flawless run from Gatekeepers to clear. Excuse me freaking out at the end.
http://youtu.be/J1VCNkoIk_w
Congrats

Thanks for recording that. I was broadcasting so I couldn't record

Edit** I'm glad my "what if the relic holder dies" question isn't in the video lol
You can still record while broadcasting. Just hold down share button (or however you get to the share menu) and hit square. It'll record the last 15 minutes.

Do we know how Xur is going to be handled with him selling DLC gear to non-DLC buyers?

For someone who doesn't buy the DLC, it's possible that when they visit Xur they won't be able to buy any of the items because they didn't purchase the DLC?

I think the only DLC exclusive gear will be from the Raid (legendary) and exotic narrative bounties (but those were never sold anyways like Thorn).

Strider

From my understanding they can upgrade/purchase all the current exotics to the higher attack and defense values... and they can buy the higher level vendor items. But ultimately they'll be capped at level 31 and can't get the new exotics.

After you left I stomped 2 matches then got stomped till I decided to help out deathfromabove with the nightfall. I don't mind playing with randoms if they stick together -.-

Deku Tree

Cuco said he can't multitask :D so he is postponing.

Nice. I couldn't find them in the relatively small area I was in but appreciate the info

Ok. Thanks. PSN messaging is totally failing for me today.

I thought everybody gets all the new gear. It's just that DLC owners can't play the DLC missions and they are then capped at level 31 because no raid gear.

GRIP

Anybody still have to complete the weekly and/or want to give me a quick hand killing Sekrion? I'm right at the boss.

Edit: Weekly Heroic not Nightfall

Rubenov

Seems I'm missing out on a lot of Crucible goodness. Darn work has me flying all over and away from the PS4... but I shall return later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom