• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

I avoided that bounty for weeks and when I actually went and did it it wasn't even bad. I actually kinda had fun doing it. Heavy ammo is your best friend for that bounty.

Yeah, went on a 10 kill streak with CM and a WoL bubble.

Fusion Rifles are very en vogue in the crucible right now, as if they ever werent. Getting demolished by Plan C and Pocket Infinity.

phen0m24

I avoided that bounty for weeks and when I actually went and did it it wasn't even bad. I actually kinda had fun doing it. Heavy ammo is your best friend for that bounty.
Nah, I rely on outsourcing.

My 10 year old did that bounty. He just got another one so I said he should do it and get the new upgraded Thorn on Tues and give me the old one. He agreed.
Score

kuppy

How much longer is Xûr in the tower? Would like to buy some of his stuff but would also like to push that off a couple more hours.

Edit: Okay, I have around 12 more hours, alright.

shem935

Banned
Pro tip for bad juju bounty holders right now. Do the weekly at level 22. Not only is it the shortest strike of which you can run through 90 percent of it, the burn makes the boss die fast. Plus the weekly counts double towards the bounty.

Ikkarus

So the Vex Mythoclast, should I wait to upgrade this or is this weapon exempt from all the updates Bungie announced?

It's just the base attack is higher than all the other exotics, just thought I'd check before I start levelling up this bad boy.

Deku Tree

So the Vex Mythoclast, should I wait to upgrade this or is this weapon exempt from all the updates Bungie announced?

It's just the base attack is higher than all the other exotics, just thought I'd check before I start levelling up this bad boy.

Nobody knows for sure. Bungie has said nothing. Maxed Vex currently has 323 attack. Bungie images show maxed vanilla exotics post TDB with 331 attack. Xur will selectively allow you to upgrade some exotics each week of his choosing for a high price. That's basically all we know.

Deku Tree

Ah ok. Maybe I'll sit on it for a little while then.

Keep in mind Xur will selectively allow you to upgrade some exotics each week of his choosing for a high price. it could be a long wait until Xur lets you upgrade the Vex or it could happen right away.

Nobody knows for sure. Bungie has said nothing. Maxed Vex currently has 323 attack. Bungie images show maxed vanilla exotics post TDB with 331 attack. Xur will selectively allow you to upgrade some exotics each week of his choosing for a high price. That's basically all we know.

I have a baby suros and baby vex that will get upgraded. Other than that, IB is the only one that I'm willing to start over from the beginning.

Ikkarus

Keep in mind Xur will selectively allow you to upgrade some exotics each week of his choosing for a high price. it could be a long wait until Xur lets you upgrade the Vex or it could happen right away.
Yeah, it's such a weird decision by Bungie. Ah well I guess I'll level it when I collect bounties and see what happens.

We are flawless!!

*snip*

Elemental_sin
Milkham
Zewone
Quint

and Kopyasu who was kind enough to help us out :)

btw Atheon did not glitch so I guess they really did fix it

And of course our guardian angel Firehawk1234

Was a great time guys, absolute pleasure. Thanks to everyone, especially the guys that already had it for helping out!

Shit. Congrats guys! Wish I could've stayed in the party but I kept getting DC'd. Party chat on Vita is even worse :p

Your short time with us was all the inspiration necessary to pull it out in the end good sir!

Don't forget me telling you guys not to die!

Obviously we wouldn't have made it without the constant drops of wisdom from the great guardian firehawkia... err :)

Uploaded our flawless run from Gatekeepers to clear. Excuse me freaking out at the end.
http://youtu.be/J1VCNkoIk_w

Awesome you got the last bit there! I have a couple but unfortunately I kept forgetting to rerecord and such after saving a few times :(

Deku Tree

PSN messaging is the worst on weekends. I simply can't get mine to load any new messages at all. All day today like that...

I must live in an area where Sony has a lot of customers but poor backside server support.

I am getting notified of messages every few seconds right now probably about 20 of them but I can't see any of them. Probably someone created a huge group message and everyone is leaving Lol.

I have a baby suros and baby vex that will get upgraded. Other than that, IB is the only one that I'm willing to start over from the beginning.

Reminded myself today by taking stock that I have four Mythos - so one will get the sharding treatment.

Almost need a spreadsheet to see everything. lol

have you heard the new Suros sound? It's an improvement when zoomed.

Deku Tree

Yeah, it's such a weird decision by Bungie. Ah well I guess I'll level it when I collect bounties and see what happens.

Not really unexpected from Bungie. They always take the position that their games get played their way and nobody else's. They maybe haven't tested all the weapons at 331 attack yet and they don't want to let us have a PvE weapon that is too OP without proper testing. So they get to pick and choose what weapons we have the ability to upgrade.

Have we gotten an answer if leveling up factions will give commendations?

I really hope a hardcore Destiny player is in Vegas and gets some answers for many questions.

Reminded myself today by taking stock that I have four Mythos - so one will get the sharding treatment.

Almost need a spreadsheet to see everything. lol

have you heard the new Suros sound? It's an improvement when zoomed.

I haven't. I've been too busy just trying to do the mandatory 3x3x3 to get a battlehorn. I still need one nightfall and 1.5 raids.

To the few and the proud who have run countless numbers of tiger strikes for that one exotic they wanted. I salute you, because its pretty tedious doing this @_@.

I haven't. I've been too busy just trying to do the mandatory 3x3x3 to get a battlehorn. I still need one nightfall and 1.5 raids.

I'm liking just doing normal raids only lately. Nothing substantial in the hard loot table that I need, unless Hawkmoon is in it. But mostly I have had bad luck with hard mode groups. It's not their fault, but even 29's seem squishy for hard or just not wiley enough.

Got another raid chest piece playing normal just recently and it will come in handy but wasn't absolutely needed. Will just give some load out flexibility on one of my other Titans.

If you find yourself doing a normal and need another just give me a buzz :)

Just so I'm clear...Vision of Confluence only drops from Atheon, correct? Wonder if it'd be better to run normal than hard VoG or just roll with Hard.

So what are the main differences between The Last Word and Hawkmoon?

Totally different playstyles. Main difference is effective range, where TLW is fantastic at closer ranges with really fast RoF and HM is better at long range with high impact. When leveled, HM has 3 chances out of its 13 shots to do bonus damage, and these chances can even stack on top of the same bullet so you will (rarely) get a shot to do huge damage.

TLW is more aggressive, HM is more conservative although still manageable even with hip fire at closer ranges. (Edit: ADS lovers generally prefer HM but TLW can be used very effectively with or w/o ADS depending on the player).

Edit2: Description is for PvP.

LordofPwn

I'm liking just doing normal raids only lately. Nothing substantial in the hard loot table that I need, unless Hawkmoon is in it. But mostly I have had bad luck with hard mode groups. It's not their fault, but even 29's seem squishy for hard or just not wiley enough.

Got another raid chest piece playing normal just recently and it will come in handy but wasn't absolutely needed. Will just give some load out flexibility on one of my other Titans.

Just so I'm clear...Vision of Confluence only drops from Atheon, correct? Wonder if it'd be better to run normal than hard VoG or just roll with Hard.

Im up for a hard raid right now if any of you still need one. lvl 30 hunter is teh last one i need to do this week

SkylineRKR

Holy crap, finally used Red Death in crucible... its beautiful. Such a great feeling and unflinching is excellent. It actually feels like better Suros. ROF isn't really lower in total I think. Managed to outscore everyone with it, and i'm only have the second scope and Unflinching.

This is a guardian killer.

Deku Tree

It's diffucult doing hard mode with pick up groups in general. To do hard mode without a huge struggle you really need at least five people who aren't going to die a lot and make lots of little mistakes. The no revive rule is really unforgiving in that light. With a pick up group you never know what your going to get. Once two people die in most parts of the hard VoG it can be hard (but not impossible) to not wipe.

It's diffucult doing hard mode with pick up groups in general. To do hard mode without a huge struggle you really need at least five people who aren't going to die a lot and make lots of little mistakes. The no revive rule is really unforgiving in that light. With a pick up group you never know what your going to get. Once two people die in most parts of the hard VoG it can be hard (but not impossible) to not wipe.

Exactly. I feel like a jerk for saying it, but the somewhat constant 'OMG he killed me!' from the same people with the same shocked surprised expression gets tiring. Yes, I do die in hard from time to time but it's usually a glitch or that I didn't get good firepower support in a portal when trying to get the relic. And yeah, I make dumb mistakes too like everyone else.

What's the minimum level for the VoG again? My Titan alt just hit 24. Will be 25 soon.

23 is minimum for normal and 27 for hard.

Yeah the no-res makes hard a totally different ball game. This is why I always just try to do all hard raids right at reset with my regulars. It can be such a pain otherwise when it doesn't need to be. Also why hard raid is the only thing I don't think should ever get match making.

i'll join!

How did the Toast to VoG go last night? I can hop on in a minute if you guys are still needing people for hard. My connection has been hot garbage today though.

Totally different playstyles. Main difference is effective range, where TLW is fantastic at closer ranges with really fast RoF and HM is better at long range with high impact. When leveled, HM has 3 chances out of its 13 shots to do bonus damage, and these chances can even stack on top of the same bullet so you will (rarely) get a shot to do huge damage.

TLW is more aggressive, HM is more conservative although still manageable even with hip fire at closer ranges. (Edit: ADS lovers generally prefer HM but TLW can be used very effectively with or w/o ADS depending on the player).

Edit2: Description is for PvP.

Thank you very much for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom