• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Has anyone worked out how much xp it is per circle for sub class skills?

I have 8 to go on my warlock before I can shelve him. I don't know why, but I don't enjoy playing anything except Titan.

Also not sure I should flawless raid today, I'm on extremely strong painkillers (I have to take them often for joint pain). Last few crucible games have been a nightmare.

amar212

Yep, no matter how much people rave about plasma TVs, this is the reason why I always choose an LCD TV. Sure, blacks are not as good, but persistance is not an issue. When you play games with static huds for very long hours it's a blessing.

Besides, my Sony 3D TV has amazing image quality and color reproduction. Blacks are really the only part I don't consider optimal, but they don't ruin the experience.

Destiny looks 2x better on my plasma then on my Philips LCD.

Brigttness, colours, contrast, dynamic HDR, low light areas, dark areas and all those shades..

But the HUD is really becoming an issue. A serious issue. I am washing it for 4 hours after every session and it does not go away. It is simply a problem now.

I crave for a semi-transparent HUD that sligtly moves depending of the view movement (as in Advanced Warfare for instance). I have a serious issue now about destroying magnificent 65" plasma with the fabulous looking game.

I have raised the question via Twitter, official Bungie forums and even PMd Urk as my last resort. I know there are thousands of different requests, but this one is absolutely minor to implement and huge for affected.

Jinjo

it's thanksgiving week, basically a holiday week, no surprise there isn't going to be a patch

I wasn't expecting a patch, just an acknowledgement of the promised weapon tuning and teasing the stuff that is to come, as he said he would before last week's update.

I demand satisfaction!

I run a small loop in the first area. If you go to the left you will come to an area with a small building with some rooms down ramps, a big open area with a cave at the opposite end. You will see vex and cabal battle here a lot. Just run through the cabal base area checking all the rooms and on the roof of the circular area. Head down to the cave area and check in there and the rocks above. Normally gets me a fair bit quickly. Useful to do kill bounties etc there as well with the constantly spawning enemies.
Thanks for the advice, I've been holding off doing it in the hope they'll bring in some system where I don't need to Farm but doesn't look like it's coming soon.

Meh ran an internet speed test, I should be getting ~20 mps however the test is indicating I am getting 1.23 mps for my download speed and 2.27 mps for upload speed..grrrrrrrrrr I doublt custom servers for time warner will be open on thanksgiving..well maybe.

Zakalwe

Banned
Meh ran an internet speed test, I should be getting ~20 mps however the test is indicating I am getting 1.23 mps for my download speed and 2.27 mps for upload speed..grrrrrrrrrr

Have you been downloading anything? Sometimes ISPs throttle you if you go over a certain cap even if they sell you "unlimited".

Had to tell my mother's lodger to quit with the torrents. Our 30mb was dropping to 1-2.

Also I feel about as floaty as a Warlock's glide right now.

Have you been downloading anything? Sometimes ISPs throttle you if you go over a certain cap even if they sell you "unlimited".

Had to tell my mother's lodger to quit with the torrents. Our 30mb was dropping to 1-2.

Also I feel about as floaty as a Warlock's glide right now.

Nope, only thing I have done is change to a different modem. Gonna have to look into it more in a few hours. BTW we should do some raids or crucible matches sometime soon! its been awhile :p

Meh ran an internet speed test, I should be getting ~20 mps however the test is indicating I am getting 1.23 mps for my download speed and 2.27 mps for upload speed..grrrrrrrrrr I doublt custom servers for time warner will be open on thanksgiving..well maybe.

For me it'd be extremely weird to get more upload than download speed. It would mean something is definitely wrong. So yeah make sure you're not downloading anything, dont have something like a baby monitor on etc. Those will kill your speeds.

Are you on wireless? If so you can always hook it up to the modem for a minute to check your speeds with it connected to try and narrow down what the issue is.

Zakalwe

Banned
Nope, only thing I have done is change to a different modem. Gonna have to look into it more in a few hours. BTW we should do some raids or crucible matches sometime soon! its been awhile :p

Ugh. My speed test just gave me 15 ping, 33 down and 2 up, but my last three games have been pure lag fests anyway. Not sure it makes much difference, great connection or not it seems pure luck whether your game is solid or not.

And yes we do. On all day if you want to join me for anything, can't promise I'll be on form though. :p

For me it'd be extremely weird to get more upload than download speed. It would mean something is definitely wrong. So yeah make sure you're not downloading anything, dont have something like a baby monitor on etc. Those will kill your speeds.

Are you on wireless? If so you can always hook it up to the modem for a minute to check your speeds with it connected to try and narrow down what the issue is.
Yeah no downloads are going on and on wireless but never had this issue before.

Ugh. My speed test just gave me 15 ping, 33 down and 2 up, but my last three games have been pure lag fests anyway. Not sure it makes much difference, great connection or not it seems pure luck whether your game is solid or not.

And yes we do. On all day if you want to join me for anything, can't promise I'll be on form though. :p
Will do, if I manage to solve the issue and can hop on. Its thanksgiving today so gotta do family/friends things :p

Ambitious

deejooj6e.png

Razgreez

Completed levelling up most of my weapons so i moved on to the invective and thorn... jebus rice these are some ridiculously bad (specifically slow) weapons

Zakalwe

Banned
Completed levelling up most of my weapons so i moved on to the invective and thorn... jebus rice these are some ridiculously bad (specifically slow) weapons

They're two of the best weapons in the game for pvp.

Thorn just got nerfed by mistake, but before it was great. They took it down from 7 dmg per DoT tick to 3. Even now it's still good.

Not only are they restoring it to 7 but they're buffing it too.

Invective has always been incredible.

Howdy everyone. I've been avoiding Destiny up to about a week ago thanks to all the shit people talk on it on GAF and various gaming podcasts (specifically Giant Bomb) but I tried the free trial and played with a friend who has it and hooooooly shit - this is now my favorite game of the past year or two. I went to level 20 in less than a week and its all I think about when I'm not playing it.

Question .. that's probably been asked a billion times already but .. is there a GAF XB1 clan? What's the name? And can I join or is it private?

EDIT: Also, yesterday at the Tower I saw a guy with flaming pumpkinhead that made Halloween noises (chains rattling, creepy laugh, woman screaming, wolves howling) - where did he get this?

OKAY, running a newbie raid in about 1 hour for anyone who hasn't run one before, or wants to come along for some fun and experience.

Can also do a hard raid for 29'ers who haven't gone through it yet.

What's required:

PS4
Level 25 or higher, any class. 26+ is preferred though because 25's will struggle in later half.
Mic - even if you don't talk much, you may need to call out portals and minotaurs, so best to have one.
Ability to have fun and play in a team.

Quote if anyone's interested and add me on PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Reposting if anyone is still interested. I'm available for 5-6 hours.

Has anyone worked out how much xp it is per circle for sub class skills?

I have 8 to go on my warlock before I can shelve him. I don't know why, but I don't enjoy playing anything except Titan.

Also not sure I should flawless raid today, I'm on extremely strong painkillers (I have to take them often for joint pain). Last few crucible games have been a nightmare.

The last two circles felt like they took forever. Probably the same xp as an exotic circle.

Howdy everyone. I've been avoiding Destiny up to about a week ago thanks to all the shit people talk on it on GAF and various gaming podcasts (specifically Giant Bomb) but I tried the free trial and played with a friend who has it and hooooooly shit - this is now my favorite game of the past year or two. I went to level 20 in less than a week and its all I think about when I'm not playing it.

Question .. that's probably been asked a billion times already but .. is there a GAF XB1 clan? What's the name? And can I join or is it private?

EDIT: Also, yesterday at the Tower I saw a guy with flaming pumpkinhead that made Halloween noises (chains rattling, creepy laugh, woman screaming, wolves howling) - where did he get this?
I am glad you enjoy the game and made your own judgement :) once you get pass the terrible story and bullshit RNG it's has an awesome core gun play IMO. I know there are a few Xbox one players but the vast majority of the posters in this thread are on ps4 :/ there are a few GAF clans you can join, but I don't think the Xbox one will become active unless you have a certain amount of players in it. He got it from the halloween package.

Reposting if anyone is still interested. I'm available for 5-6 hours.

Me and my brother could be up for it, normal or hard, one thing, we have mic, but our spoken english is not the best, i mean, we can talk more or less okay, but our accent may be a disaster lol, i´ll talk with him, and i´ll shoot you a message on PSN

Deku Tree

Sadly, looks like another week of hoping Xur brings the Ghorn since RNG has forsaken me.

I have about 70k XP in bounties and public event packages waiting for its arrival. What's another way Ghorn has dropped besides Raid, Nightfall or Iron Banner?

Legendary purple engrams sometimes turn into exotics. I got a few that way.

Me and my brother could be up for it, normal or hard, one thing, we have mic, but our spoken english is not the best, i mean, we can talk more or less okay, but our accent may be a disaster lol, i´ll talk with him, and i´ll shoot you a message on PSN

Sounds good, don't worry about english - just as long as you know the 3 key words: Minotaur, left, right. :p

Any other guardians interested?

Jinjo

So guys will this be the week Warlocks get any new stuff from Xur besides Sunbreakers and Vestments? I want that Ahamkara skull.

Steroyd

Icebreaker for Black Friday, Xur!

Sometimes you need to throw a curve ball and reverse psychology that shit, I asked RNGesus for a Universal Remote during the raids and I got Thunderlord and a hard Light, Nightfall also gave me a 2nd Hard Light.

Pray too hard for something and he shall troll you hard... easier said than done though, I'm only missing a Hawkmoon outside of Raids so i can't help it. T_T

Deku Tree

Oh another VoG bug that we noticed last night on Atheon hard that I haven't seen or heard about before:

One guy left the past portal before all the oracles were down (accidentally) then the oracles all went down, then the relic holder and everyone else went to the middle, we had times vengeance, shooting at Atheon, then in the beginning of times vengeance teleported to Mars during times vengeance, then a second later dead wipe screen fail with no explanation.

WTF Bungie???

I guess the rule is don't leave the portal before all the oracles are down?

Yesterday was my first time being a bit angry at the loot system. Half raid done with a new hunter. Only energies and shards. Two people get a Fatebringer. Come on...

Edit: grammar? Maybe angry with?

Was that...me? I got a Foil then a Fatebringer last night. I'm damn near done with the vault. Just need a mythoclast and a head for my titan.

Got same with my lock before...I wonder if what class has anything to do with the drops you get. Or better yet if team mix has anything to do with it.

Yeah you totally might be onto something. Last week I got a scout rifle with my warlock also but my titan got an exotic.

I will try my titan this week and see what happens.

Was also thinking of running the hunter because at the end of jump puzzle she just makes it so easy. Sometimes the warlock glide can cause a fall. havent fallen on warlock since changing my glide from focused burst to balanced glide.

The glide can be a bit hit and miss on the jumping puzzle with the warlock, but usually its fine but still that chance of missing the sweet spot.

The hunter however is a cake walk, never failed it once with him (watch me drop to my doom next time now lol).

Midas

Was that...me? I got a Foil then a Fatebringer last night. I'm damn near done with the vault. Just need a mythoclast and a head for my titan.

Haha no not you, if that's your PSN name. :)

The only weapon i care for is Fatebringer. The pulse rifle and fusion rifle(?) is not something I want. It will be mine, some day! I have two more hard raids to do though, maybe it will be my turn?

Grrr been chest farming and doing the public events and it's given me no strange coins today. Need 4 more for Xur. Guess tomorrows public event and strike playlist is my only chance.

Deku Tree

Did Bungie ever mention anything about adding more vault space?

Yes Deej made a comment on reddit which indicates that it is not happening right now. Might happen later. BTW the DLC legendaries will make you old legendaries trash IMO. Vault space problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom