• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha no not you, if that's your PSN name. :)

The only weapon i care for is Fatebringer. The pulse rifle and fusion rifle(?) is not something I want. It will be mine, some day! I have two more hard raids to do though, maybe it will be my turn?

Prayers to RNGesus have been made for you Gaurdian. Godspeed.

DjRalford

After not buying anything last week I'm sitting on about 90 coins, hopefully xur will have something worthwhile, although I already have suros, ice breaker, Gjallarhorn, thunderlord.

So I'm aware that we'll probably be able to upgrade exotics for the new damage cap in the DLC.

But I guess legendaries like VoC and Fatebringer won't have that option and become obsolete?

If so that sucks because those are two of my favorite weapons.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Happy Gobble Gobble Day!

I'm out to meet family, so I will be away from Destiny

!

Bring on the Turducken yo!

I might be in a food coma, if not and reach home safely, if you need Xyor, I need to do it on my hunter, I should be back home by 11PM EST
So message me then if you see me on late night if you wanna tag along or wanna help me out, if not gonna Solo that shit!

Also will be doing Weekly heroic 28 3 times to get myself 27 coins to stockpile for Xur-mas, so if you need it and on, jump on in

Not gonna name names, but please if you join my Nightfall/Strike/Daily/Patrol/Whatever I'm doing at the moment and see if I'm halfway done or just started, don't join and bail thinking I'm at the end so you can net yourself loot w/o putting in work

Hell if you join and help I don't mind, I don't want to start closing up my fireteam privacy again, cause people keep hopping in and put thinking they can net themselves the finishing part w/o having to do the work

A lot of people are polite and ask/request me if they could join, and I 100% let them come in, but some of ya'll just jump in, see where the person or persons are at, rather than join and continue, bounce hoping to net some other person

darkwing

So I'm aware that we'll probably be able to upgrade exotics for the new damage cap in the DLC.

But I guess legendaries like VoC and Fatebringer won't have that option and become obsolete?

Don't worry, there will be new stuff in the DLC

coy

After not buying anything last week I'm sitting on about 90 coins, hopefully xur will have something worthwhile, although I already have suros, ice breaker, Gjallarhorn, thunderlord.

For worthwhile weapons, I'm trying to imagine what you'd be seeking that is purchasable. I don't see TLW, Red Death, or P&T listed, but maybe those didn't interest you when they were available. I'm in a similar situation with coins and mainly buy exotic armors to play around with for Crucible. Forgot to buy NBP for Titan, though.

Yeah if the Raid Legendaries don't have an upgrade path I'm going to be pissed also, VoC is god tier and I long for Fatebringer more than any other gun at the moment (except Gjallerhorn, do want).

Don't worry, there will be new stuff in the DLC

Yeah but that then leads to the idea of why bother grinding for those when in 6 months the next expansion will presumably nerf those too. The effect of making swathes of content useless with subsequent expansions is to discourage folks from actually grinding for the new stuff. Why bother if after getting them they are rendered obsolete? What's the point in grinding VoG for those who don't buy the expansion then? Even more than that is Iron Banner essentially off limits for those without DB as they'll be at a severe damage and level disadvantage? You could fix the IB issue by gating DB users to only play with other DB users but that leads to segmentation and player count issues long term.

I hope all lvl 20 Legendaries get an upgrade path to the top damage output or else what was the point?

Zakalwe

Banned

I doubt it. They'll probabably want as much content to be viable for marketing reasons.

Ridwald

I just got Fatebringer this week!

I'm not getting my hopes up but in their news they said something like "the rarest and unique weapon in you arsenal will be updated" so Fatebringer should be in that list as it is a hard mode drop only (if i'm remembering correctly).

On the realistic side of things they will update the exotics but legendaries ... that's not so sure

Grimsen

Nightfall question,
Does the strategy of staying in the room above Phogoth still works?

A friend of mine showed me a new spot. Once you enter the room, hug the left wall and go towards the edge. To your left, you'll have a small rock formation. Jump behind it, and you're safe from pretty much everything if you duck.

Clear the adds, get out of the hiding spot to free the boss, then go back the spot and stay there to shoot the boss when he walks by.

two players can hide there, and a third can stay next to the rock formation on ground level, you just have to clear the adds for him. the boss will alter shooting at the two positions, making it easier to take it down.

Shito

A friend of mine showed me a new spot. Once you enter the room, hug the left wall and go towards the edge. To your left, you'll have a small rock formation. Jump behind it, and you're safe from pretty much everything if you duck.

Clear the adds, get out of the hiding spot to free the boss, then go back the spot and stay there to shoot the boss when he walks by.

two players can hide there, and a third can stay next to the rock formation on ground level, you just have to clear the adds for him. the boss will alter shooting at the two positions, making it easier to take it down.
Yep, this one's good also, and quicker than the entrance rooms one, BUT it is kinda risky when in void burn, because Phogoth can hit you more easily from this spot.
This week, I would recommend using this spot only for the weekly, and playing it safe from the entrance for the nightfall.

gdt

Any hard raids goin on? I have a hard oracle checkpoint on my 29 Warlock maxed weapons. Shouldn't take too long from the oracle checkpoint.

Ps4 gdt5016

Edit: joined another team

hydruxo

Last nights HM haul:

-Prime Zealot Gloves
-Hezen Vengeance
-Praedyth's Revenge
-Patience & Time
-Prime Zealot Helm
-Aspect of Glass

All of them are duplicates -_-

I just want Vision of Confluence and Corrective Measure. I need Praetorian Foil & Praedyth's Timepiece too but I don't really care if I never get those.

Ikkarus

Since trying out the crest of alpha lupi, it's dropping orbs like mad.

One gunslinger shot dropped 6 orbs, then the following 2 shots dropped 3 orbs each for a total of 12 orbs from one super. D:

It's my go to chest piece now for any Raid or PvE events. Grab those orbs!!

Shito

One gunslinger shot dropped 6 orbs, then the following 2 shots dropped 3 orbs each for a total of 12 orbs from one super. D:

That revive speed boost is also reaaaally neat.
Helped us a great number of times with my girlfriend...

coy

If anyone needs Nightfall, I'm at the boss. Feel free to add and join.

PSN: coyquettish

Edit: Haha forgot he shot void. Maybe too early to be thinking lol.

It's apparently great for pvp as well. Faced a clan in IB where all their builds were based around dropping more orbs from supers. The whole entire match was a super fest throwdown.

I went afk to check their gear and immediately ragequit once I saw their builds. 3 voidwalkers and 3 gunslingers, nope.

Ok, so I have on stand-by:

Lv 30 Warlock @ Gatekeepers CP on Hard.
Lv 28 Titan @ Oracles CP on Hard. (I need to finish it on normal as well)

Anyone making a group?

hydruxo

Yep I rock Alpha Lupi all the time. Sometimes I'll drop 9 orbs. Really useful for PvE. Doesn't hurt that it looks amazing too haha.

coy

Ok, so I have on stand-by:

Lv 30 Warlock @ Gatekeepers CP on Hard.
Lv 28 Titan @ Oracles CP on Hard. (I need to finish it on normal as well)

Anyone making a group?

Is like yo join if I can I have a 30 titan and 30 Hunter
Psn robdraggoo

Still any room for hard raid ??? 29 hunter 30 warlock

I've got a 30 Warlock that hasn't run HM yet if you'd like to team up. Just doing dailies atm.

PSN: coyquettish

Ikkarus

It's apparently great for pvp as well. Faced a clan in IB where all their builds were based around dropping more orbs from supers. The whole entire match was a super fest throwdown.

I went afk to check their gear and immediately ragequit once I saw their builds. 3 voidwalkers and 3 gunslingers, nope.
Hmm. Intriguing, we should all form a similar team on GAF and just Super our way to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom