• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my weekly Saturday hard raid group! I'm still at work!

Been trying to send PSN messages trough the app but it keeps timing out.

Sorry!!!!

Did not register X1 as XB1 at first glance. I guess the nomenclature is just as minimal as their player base. I kid, I kid. I honestly thought x1 = first time.

I can't remember, do you have to do story missions to unlock crucible playlists?

On my alt, I've not finished the story but have had the first 3 playlists unlocked for a while now. Skirmish is still not available to play. Is my shit broken?

oh, i know this... but im getting desperate. destinylfg has failed me numerous times between yesterday and today.

Fair enough. The people from there aren't the most reliable either. Good luck

I can't remember, do you have to do story missions to unlock crucible playlists?

On my alt, I've not finished the story but have had the first 3 playlists unlocked for a while now. Skirmish is still not available to play. Is my shit broken?

You need to play each one to unlock the rest. So you need to play a game of rumble now

Pretty sure you gotta play the playlist before Skirmish to unlock it, Clash or w.e it is.

So.... I decided to jump back into destiny after not playing for a month since the expansion is out on tuesday, and since I bought the digital deluxe edition I'd be getting it.

Man, I think I am stuck at level 28 forever.

I ran the raid 7 times before I stopped playing, and only got one piece of raid gear, being the gloves.

Been contemplating trying a hard raid, but am I not going to make it at just 28?

Iron banner will give you the opportunity to buy some good armor. Also the vendors will carry level 30 armor

X-Frame

A good amount of new info is being shared from the Destiny booth at Playstation Experience in the Destiny sub-reddit. A few posts of people's impressions playing the new Strike and posting pictures of the weapons.

A few notes:

- New Vanguard vendor Armor goes up to +33 Light
- New Vanguard Weapons max out at 331 Attack

Not sure if that was already confirmed, but there ya go.

I'm sorry sir did you just call me unreliable?

i plays game lol hit me up. I will bring my crew and make quick work of that stuff.

No. People from here tend to be nice at the least even if their ability isn't the best. People from LFG on the otherhand.... Let's just say I haven't had the best of experiences.

Lima

A good amount of new info is being shared from the Destiny booth at Playstation Experience in the Destiny sub-reddit. A few posts of people's impressions playing the new Strike and posting pictures of the weapons.

A few notes:

The 33 light bit is new info. Interesting. Seeing how raid gear and exotics max out at 3 light higher than censor stuff currently seems like light 36 might be the nex max.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
God damn this thorn bounty will take forever. What the hell Bungie.
Took me 90 minutes. For the 500 hive kills just do the Sword of Crota mission and die when Merok appears. 500 void kills in Crucible is pretty easy with Atheon's Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge and Corrective Measure. Praedyth's Revenge is an excellent weapon.

For Xyor if you need help just post here.

A few notes:

This confuses me. Vanguard armour takes you to the same light level as the raid armour?

Or is the light level cap for the expansion higher than I thought it was, and raid level armour has more light?

Matchew

Bought the season pass today, still really love this game. If any Xbox One users are in here send me a friends request I'm always down to doing the nightfall, raid, or strikes: bevo0845

X-Frame

This confuses me. Vanguard armour takes you to the same light level as the raid armour?

Or is the light level cap for the expansion higher than I thought it was, and raid level armour has more light?

We know raid armor now (and Exotics) max out at +30 Light, when totaled add to 120 Light and that is Level 30.

This means that the upcoming Legendary armor that you can buy from any vendor will be +3 Light higher than the strongest armor available right now. If you get 4 pieces of Vendor armor, that'll allow you to hit Level 31 or 132 total Light.

We still don't know what the new raid gear or exotics will top out at but like Lima said above it has to be a minimum of +36 Light in order for 4 pieces to add up to reach Level 32 (or +144 Light combined). 142 Light is needed to hit Level 32, so there will be some excess unless Bungie does something else with the values.

Just got two legendary engrams on one Weekly Heroic run. Makes up for the crap shards I got from the Nightfall. Why are those even a reward from it still?

Anyway, should I wait until next week to decrypt the engrams? Anyone know if I'll have a chance at the new loot tables?

Hyun Sai

Do you think every legendary that will drop in Vault of Glass after Tuesday will be 331 atk / 33 light ? Would be a bit silly if simple vendors sell better armor / weapon than raid ones...

Lima

Do you think every legendary that will drop in Vault of Glass after Tuesday will be 331 atk / 33 light ? Would be a bit silly if simple vendors sell better armor / weapon than raid ones...

No the VoG will be useless. Hence why many will stop running it.

Lima

Still get two chances at exotics and plenty of ass mats.

Still need ass mats to level that Lvl 31 vendor gear.

Anyone running the VoG since release every week is drowning in energy and shards. Fuck the slim chance at exotics. I have all of them anyway. Most are garbage. Ain't nobody got that time for that.

gdt

Anyone running the VoG since release every week is drowning in energy and shards. Fuck the slim chance at exotics. I have all of them anyway. Most are garbage. Ain't nobody got that time for that.

I mean....ok then. Not everyone has run it that hard. Or has all the exotics. Or was at an appropriate level to run the hard raid. Or is drowning in mats.

I'll still be running it. It's content. Very fun content.

E92 M3

VOG is still fun and takes less than an hour.

TsuWave

hand't played crucible since the patch gave it a go today and the game has become incredibly laggy for me, i mean, there was always the occasional slight delay with melee hits registering but now it got worse, and no its not my connection.

also something needs to be done about fusion rifles lol

purg3

slept with Malkin

But arent the new exotics being added to the loot table?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the vast, overwheming majority of Destiny players have not run the Raid every week since release.
of both those who have and those who have not, a majority do not have all of the exotics.
more than three-quarters of the exotics are nowhere close to garbage. the suros regime in particular still remains one of the best ARs in the game.
any new or duplicate exotics that drop will be at the new base Attack rating, potentially saving on future upgrades.
for the immediate future, the VoG primaries will remain incredibly useful in a variety of content, most likely including but not limited to the new raid. In particular: Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Praetorian Foil and the Vex Mythoclast.
The lower barrier of entry (26) means it remains a viable avenue of progression for the many players that are still below level 28 on one or more characters. Different combinations of new vendor legendaries + VoG gear along with exotics will offer a variety of onramps to 31.

Level 30 is about to become roughly as easy to hit as level 28 used to be; I will begin at some point in the next few weeks running weekly VoG Hard runs for those who have not yet had the chance or have had trouble getting through so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom