• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidko

Damn, that was fun as hell, thanks for letting me into that dream team crucible group. Holy hell. Best times in crucible since launch. I should probably group up like that more often.

Great to see some of you guys in action in person, learned a few tricks

Temujen

Neo Member
A good amount of new info is being shared from the Destiny booth at Playstation Experience in the Destiny sub-reddit. A few posts of people's impressions playing the new Strike and posting pictures of the weapons.

A few notes:

- New Vanguard vendor Armor goes up to +33 Light
- New Vanguard Weapons max out at 331 Attack

Not sure if that was already confirmed, but there ya go.

Well, that confirms that the Vex WILL be part of Xur's upgrade scheme. There is no way that store bought weapons will be more powerful than the weapon that is supposed to be the most powerful in the game.

So the old Vex maxes at 323 - the upgraded one will be 354??

Skirmish is so infuriating with randoms

I'm just astonished at how bad people are. Sometimes it's downright fucking magical to see just how hilariously awful some folk are at this game.

Wallach

If anyone's willing to take a 29 on a HM raid, shoot me a PM or PSN request @ WallachGAF (PS4).

I would like to do it this week if possible. I haven't had amazing loot luck but I do have a maxed Ice Breaker and a pretty decent maxed Red Hand IX. My SWARM isn't maxed since I only got it recently but it's probably good enough.

kidko

here's the Shores of Time comeback. please bear with my terrible decision making in the first half of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQFqgu1EtWE

the tension was so high.

That was fun to watch again. What sniper are you using here?

Edit: also, it was cool as hell to see it from your perspective, especially as i waited for my 'glory moment' at the end and seeing how you made it possible by holding down the tunnel leading to B

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to upload a "match" where I'm the only person on the field apparently. The game forgot to load even the control capture points so I'm running around the stage all by myself.

Zoba uses a Hieracon LR5 w/ unflinching, a fitted stock, and a shortgaze scope (aka the most versatile sniper ever). If only I could get my hands on a sniper like that...

most versatile provided i don't miss. i was getting domed by praedyth's revenge at longer ranges because i have to compensate for recoil. the max stability makes the PR better for long range... if nobody is shooting you.

SharkJAW

most versatile provided i don't miss. i was getting domed by praedyth's revenge at longer ranges because i have to compensate for recoil. the max stability makes the PR better for long range... if nobody is shooting you.
Yeah, that unflinching goes a long way when sensitivity matters so much. I mainly Rumble, though, so your setup would probably suit me better than PR.

Kid-k with the clutch coffin. Great match, thanks for the upload. That's a decent round for my style, only 12 kills but positive k/d. Don't feed, wait for zoba to win it for us.

my score would have been better but i kept rushing to my death and missing when i got surrounded. we had a good balance of classes and playing styles though and the communication is what won out.

hawkian's bladedancer kill after i choked with rockets was a huge morale boost lol

zewone

Zoba uses a Hieracon LR5 w/ unflinching, a fitted stock, and a shortgaze scope (aka the most versatile sniper ever). If only I could get my hands on a sniper like that...
I recently started using this Final Boss in PVP.

How do y'all think it compares?
S923z1t.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
My biggest wish right now is a proper ranked matchmaking system.

How am I suppose to up my game vs level 2s with greys?

And if they added a new mode that at least toned down the constant supers, made special ammo actually special, and gave us a single heavy weapon point to control it might relight my fire a little.

Jinjo

Atleast the ps exclusive strike has a new glimmer farming method, probably the best too. Glimmer staircase.

What has this game done to me lol

Also, the primary exotic sniper seems to suck for PvE. Although it might miss a few of its important upgrades (like dragon's breath).

I recently started using this Final Boss in PVP.

How do y'all think it compares?

That looks solid. Is your tier 6 upgrade increasing stability or reload? If it's the latter, I'd swap it out for magazine and maybe find a smaller scope if I were to take it into CQB encounters. It looks like a long range version of mine.

Zakalwe

Banned
That looks solid. Is your tier 6 upgrade increasing stability or reload? If it's the latter, I'd swap it out for magazine and maybe find a smaller scope if I were to take it into CQB encounters. It's looks like a long range version of mine.

Isn't that life support?

Doesn't look quite as good due to the range, imo.

Isn't that life support?

Doesn't look quite as good due to the range, imo.

the column before life support. you can bump the mag up and switch to shortgaze or ambush scope if either are in there to drop the range. then it'll be better than mine for CQB.

it'd still be better even if you lost stability because of the reload. And it's Legendary.

zewone

That looks solid. Is your tier 6 upgrade increasing stability or reload? If it's the latter, I'd swap it out for magazine and maybe find a smaller scope if I were to take it into CQB encounters. It's looks like a long range version of mine.
Stability. Coming from Pradeyths Revenge, really loved that 100% stability. Right now I'm using the scope with best stability and perfect balance.

For CQB, would a scope with less range work best with Field Scout?
EDIT: blah, other scopes have more range.

My biggest wish right now is a proper ranked matchmaking system.

How am I suppose to up my game vs level 2s with greys?

And if they added a new mode that at least toned down the constant supers, made special ammo actually special, and gave us a single heavy weapon point to control it might relight my fire a little.
Haha most level 3's and other low level players I come across are extremely good. I just played a match where the level 3 guy had a 2.8 k/d

His grimoire was at 2200, so he obviously wasn't new to the game.

Zakalwe

Banned
the column before life support. you can bump the mag up and switch to shortgaze or ambush scope if either are in there to drop the range. then it'll be better than mine for CQB.

it'd still be better even if you lost stability because of the reload. And it's Legendary.

Oops, read that as column 6 do some reason.

Yeh, of course. Just assumed he'd chosen the shortest range already. Life support might have actually been useful on this if it could have been set up for closer engagements.

Haha most level 3's and other low level players I come across are extremely good. I just played a match where the level 3 guy had a 2.8 k/d

His grimoire was at 2200, so he obviously wasn't new to the game.

That's the exception to the rule, for sure.

Most players in general I come across are atrocious. It's really rare I meet someone who shows they have a strong sense of the game and when I do I'm too complacent from battling the easy marks.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think this game is trying to tell something. Four straight days of bounties in the sword of crota mission. It's probably going to appear again tomorrow.

That's the exception to the rule, for sure.

Most players in general I come across are atrocious. It's really rare I meet someone who shows they have a strong sense of the game and when I do I'm too complacent from battling the easy marks.
Yeah most players are straight up garbage, and I don't even consider myself all that great. I was just complaining about doing skirmish with randoms.

I'm just not sure how they would do a ranked matchmaking. Maybe by your combat rating or whatever? But I'm not even sure how that's calculated.

Zakalwe

Banned
What do you think the worst perks are in the game?

Mulligan: in theory it sounds good, but it seems to almost never proc for me. Even when briefly testing and missing every shot on purpose it felt like 10% proc rate at best.

Vacuum: even in pve I've never noticed a situation I'd want this. Just a waste of a slot.

Secret round: if you're a good shot and you miss with the third bullet of a pulse burst, it's almost always when you've drifted away from the targets head due to recoil. That fourth shot will just be throwing ammo away. Even for players who miss often the chances of that fourth shot being effective is minute. Should be "fires a forth shot if all 3 bullets hit".

I'm going to have to give LordofPwn MVP for that rusted lands match. some good sniping there and you covered the angles i normally would have, so it allowed me to be in in a different place.

"competitive destiny" is surprisingly more loadout oriented than I'd imagined. You need the balance and capacity to cover each other's weaknesses or the other team will find a hole in it. When we played on more CQB maps, those guys exploited our lack of CQB.

I don't think I saved the Blind Watch game we played after. We would have won that, but we pushed a bit too much and gave them map control. The spawns are so sensitive in this game that being at the wrong place can cost you the match, especially if someone with a Super spawns behind you.

RNG is such a troll. I had boots drop for the first time this week on normal after all this time. Run hard Raid and the first drop after Oracles is, you guessed it. Boots again... well, at least I needed the shards.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm going to have to give LordofPwn MVP for that rusted lands match. some good sniping there and you covered the angles i normally would have, so it allowed me to be in in a different place.

"competitive destiny" is surprisingly more loadout oriented than I'd imagined. You need the balance and capacity to cover each other's weaknesses or the other team will find a hole in it. When we played on more CQB maps, those guys exploited our lack of CQB.

Embrace shotguns and fusion rifles. :3

Do you stay away from FR entirely? Curious how you'd do if you put the time in with the weapon type.

It took me a while to get the timing down, but when I get a flow with one it feels more broken than anything else in the game.

Yeah most players are straight up garbage, and I don't even consider myself all that great. I was just complaining about doing skirmish with randoms.

I'm just not sure how they would do a ranked matchmaking. Maybe by your combat rating or whatever? But I'm not even sure how that's calculated.

Just copy Halo 2! That game always put me where I wanted to be.

Have ranked playlists and casual playlists. Have custom and private games. Forge! Etc...

This game has all the individual parts to make a wonderful pvp experience, and Bungie have already set the bar for console FPSs.

I'm wondering if all this suff is being held back to be drop fed to us. I just don't understand how Bungie could possibly fluff online multiplayer so badly.

(Testament to how good the combat is that I stick with the pvp even when I have so many issues with it. Bungie, PLS!).

Well, that confirms that the Vex WILL be part of Xur's upgrade scheme. There is no way that store bought weapons will be more powerful than the weapon that is supposed to be the most powerful in the game.

So the old Vex maxes at 323 - the upgraded one will be 354??

I hope so. I really love this weapon a lot. Got two in the last two days and it's quickly becoming my favorite exotic--the sound, the style and the cool word play in the name are cool in my eyes (and ears).

What do you think the worst perks are in the game?

Mulligan: in theory it sounds good, but it seems to almost never proc for me. Even when briefly testing and missing every shot on purpose it felt like 10% proc rate at best.

Vacuum: even in pve I've never noticed a situation I'd want this. Just a waste of a slot.

Secret round: if you're a good shot and you miss with the third bullet of a pulse burst, it's almost always when you've drifted away from the targets head due to recoil. That fourth shot will just be throwing ammo away. Even for players who miss often the chances of that fourth shot being effective is minute. Should be "fires a forth shot if all 3 bullets hit".

the one that makes you more accurate when you crouch.

Stubo

I know this is a very biased place, but perhaps that's the nudge I'm looking for.

Guys, convince me to drop the £35 on the season pass.

I have all 3 classes at level 30 so getting through the door of the raid won't be a problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom