• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Anyone want to do the hard raid from gatekeepers on ps4? I have the checkpoint.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Personally, I prefer Praedyth's Revenge over Final Boss. I mean the latter has good perks but with PR you can just fire two shots in quick succession even if you miss the headshot.

JTran2003

I'd like to but since I'm Level 24 it won't even let me do it. But feel free to help for my LV 26 mission

Oh well finishing up 28 daily now. Add me if you want and we can do yours after I'm done. If you can join my progress then that's fine as well. Don't think you can but doesn't hurt to try. Could use help with revives.

p3tran

Banned
ok guys, level 27 titan, after a long break (havent played any destiny while all the new games were dropping, so that would be ..2 months?)

I just learned that the first dlc dropped so I am back, currently with my game updated etc. sitting on the tower looking at the traveler :)

now, what to do? can someone point me to the most efficient direction to follow?
should I just go and hit "the dark below cinematic" in the map? should I do preparatory stuffs?

I know this is a very biased place, but perhaps that's the nudge I'm looking for.

Guys, convince me to drop the £35 on the season pass.

I have all 3 classes at level 30 so getting through the door of the raid won't be a problem :)

I'm guessing you like the game if you've gone that far. So the only question is do you want more content so you can play it more?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
ok guys, level 27 titan, after a long break (havent played any destiny while all the new games were dropping, so that would be ..2 months?)

I just learned that the first dlc dropped so I am back, currently with my game updated etc. sitting on the tower looking at the traveler :)

now, what to do? can someone point me to the most efficient direction to follow?
should I just go and hit "the dark below cinematic" in the map? should I do preparatory stuffs?
Do the normal VoG raid and try to get to 29. That should be your primary aim.

Manp

So in the future, where space travel is possible. Guardians are using an bolt-action rifle..

it's not like space marines in video games have been using shotguns with good old shells for the past 20 or so years

AXPR8lx.gif

it's not like space marines in video games have been using shotguns with good old shells for the past 20 or so years

AXPR8lx.gif

You know what?

Fair enough :p

^^ even tho I am saying its odd, if I have the new exotic primary sniper, I will use it. Since I started out playing WW2 games and always use the bolt action rifles in CoD back on PC.

Stubo

I'm guessing you like the game if you've gone that far. So the only question is do you want more content so you can play it more?
Yes but it's not helping the decision be a no-brainer with the price being a direct dollar to pound conversion, combined with what feels like a small amount of content for the money.

I think this is the main reason many of my friends won't be picking it up, and I don't think there are too many Xbone players in DestinyGAF?

LFG is useful but it's just not the same as having people you play with regularly, get on with well and can trust to be competent at challenging content.

Manp

You know what?

Fair enough :p

^^ even tho I am saying its odd, if I have the new exotic primary sniper, I will use it. Since I started out playing WW2 games and always use the bolt action rifles in CoD back on PC.

there will be a primary sniper rifle when the DLC hit?! but i want it NOW! :(

Deku Tree

If a group needs 1-3 people at Atheon it means they can't do it and they've been wiping for a while and several members of their team just rage quit.

Finally picked up this game for cheap

So damn good. Haters be damned. This is in my running for GOTY. Bungie's gameplay and level design is still impeccable.

My biggest complaint is 3-man fireteam. They NEED to make patrols at most a 6-man fireteam. Anyone ever find a workaround for getting more than 3 friends/fireteam on the same server?

I'm ready, feel free to join me at the Tower.

Normal Raid - Starting ASAP - PlayStation 4

1. ComputerMkII
  2. CREMSteve
  3. Ambitious
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
DekuTree, are you in?

Finally picked up this game for cheap

So damn good. Haters be damned. This is in my running for GOTY. Bungie's gameplay and level design is still impeccable.

My biggest complaint is 3-man fireteam. They NEED to make patrols at most a 6-man fireteam. Anyone ever find a workaround for getting more than 3 friends/fireteam on the same server?

You've picked the perfect time to buy Destiny. Some of the biggest annoyances have been patched out and an expansion is just about the corner.

So in the future, where space travel is possible. Guardians are using an bolt-action rifle..

Yeah, that is something i have a problem with in this game. We apparently became so advanced, yet the most advanced weapon we have is only the fusion rifle. Heck, most of the outposts in the game seem to utilize what looks like old technology.

Ambitious

1. ComputerMkII
  2. CREMSteve
  3. Ambitious
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
DekuTree, are you in?

You've picked the perfect time to buy Destiny. Some of the biggest annoyances have been patched out and an expansion is just about the corner.

I'll be there in a minute, I just need to switch characters.

Deku Tree

To get the Warlock Mastery and Hunter Mastery trophies. I still have my main Titan, though.

The Destiny Platinum is such a chore. They really just expect you to grind up all three classes not just to level 20 but to complete mastery of a subclass.

Edit:

1. ComputerMkII
  2. CREMSteve
  3. Ambitious
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
DekuTree, are you in?

Sorry can't play Destiny right now.

The Destiny Platinum is such a chore. They really just expect you to grind up all three classes not just to level 20 but to complete mastery of a subclass.

Edit:

Sorry can't play Destiny right now.

At least it forces you to get a good feel of every class. But yeah, it's quite a grind. I've wasted a ton of play time starting with three different classes, then changing my mind and having three Titans, then deleting those Titans. I could have been a Guardian Lord a long time ago.

X-Frame

I luckily got the Vex Mythoclast last night -- after the most recent buff, I hear it's better but it's still not good enough to warrant it's status, is that all true?

Deku Tree

I luckily got the Vex Mythoclast last night -- after the most recent buff, I hear it's better but it's still not good enough to warrant it's status, is that all true?

I like it. It's good. It just runs out of ammo extremely quickly. You can't just hold down the trigger button. You have to let go right after your enemies go down.

Jinjo

The fact that they can't even upgrade our exotics in a viable way for just a dlc without resetting doesn't give much promise to intersequel progression tbh.

Sofa King

I like it, especially for the fusion rifle bounty of killing 2 enemies with one shot. It can be fun in pvp. Ran into a couple guys with Thorn and TLW in rumble last night and got destroyed.

X-Frame

Well, that confirms that the Vex WILL be part of Xur's upgrade scheme. There is no way that store bought weapons will be more powerful than the weapon that is supposed to be the most powerful in the game.

So the old Vex maxes at 323 - the upgraded one will be 354??

I agree, that would make no sense that a regular Legendary like the Universal Remote junker would be capable of being re-upgraded to 331 Attack and not the Mythoclast. I think this one could be re-upgraded to over 350, that would be awesome and then a serious weapon to bring to Crota's End.

I like it. It's good. It just runs out of ammo extremely quickly. You can't just hold down the trigger button. You have to let go right after your enemies go down.

Nice! Yeah I hear the ammo reserve is very low, and is best paired with an armor piece that increases Fusion Rifle ammo like the Heart of Praxic Fire.

Deku Tree

"I can tell you that these are things that we're discussing," Dague told IGN. "We're very sensitive to what people want, and we'd like to work as quickly as we can to integrate that stuff into the mix. So, while I can't make promises abut the specific elements, I can say that we're going to continue to support this game."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom