• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you get to keep the face model of your character but the rest is reset.

If you even like your face model.... I don't even like the one on my main. I couldn't see how stupid he looked from behind because someone thought it was a good idea to not give us a rotation feature while building them.

phen0m24

I luckily got the Vex Mythoclast last night -- after the most recent buff, I hear it's better but it's still not good enough to warrant it's status, is that all true?

It's pretty impressive though X. I'm completely sub par in pvp but with mytho I feel like I can compete.

I'm still looking for three lvl 30 raiders for coming tuesday 21.00 gmt+1 (20.00 uk). Visit me in the raid thread by Afrocious if you wish to join or send me a psn fr (kojirospath). We're going in blind so not to spoil it.

Daemul

If you even like your face model.... I don't even like the one on my main. I couldn't see how stupid he looked from behind because someone thought it was a good idea to not give us a rotation feature while building them.

That's why I played it safe and chose the shaved sides hairstyle for my main male Human Titan, since I knew exactly how it would look like from the back.

X-Frame

Is this correct?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2oiklk/new_vendor_gear_will_be_31_with_an_exotic_30/

"The new vendor gear has 32 Light maxed out. Four pieces will equal 128 Light. Level 31 is 131 Light. An upgraded exotic will have 36 Light. This with three pieces of Vendor Armour will give 132, or just enough light for 31."

I don't see a source for this info anywhere...

I believe it's wrong. There are screenshots of the new vendor gear from the PSX event and vendor gear has +33 Light. 4 pieces of that will easily give Level 31.

FyreWulff

Would make sense. Consider the fact that you can currently vendor your way to a 29, but not 30, now you'll be able to go to 31, but not 32 without (newer) raid gear via vendors

FyreWulff

If anyone has a space for a level 28 in a normal raid, send me a message

psn: Fyre_Wulff

I've only done the raid once, so I might be a bit rusty but I know what I'm doing? Mostly?

I luckily got the Vex Mythoclast last night -- after the most recent buff, I hear it's better but it's still not good enough to warrant it's status, is that all true?

I got mine the other day and it's fast becoming my favorite exotic. I like the design and the sound a lot. It has great accuracy, is powerful and does solar damage.

I don't really have an ammo issue as others have stated. Without perks I have about 200 total bullets and as it's a primary, ammo is plentiful on the ground.

I like the name a ot too, it's clever. Mythoclast means 'destroyer of myths' and as the vex are named after creatures of greek mythology it's a cool play on words...I have destroyed many vex with this badboy since it fell into my possession. >:D

BEAUTIFUL for solar damage nightfalls too.

Deku Tree

First raid with my Hunter:

Found Verdict, Praedyth's Revenge, Hezen Vengeance, and Ass.

Thanks for the raid armor :(

My Titan still has no raid armor at all after many many raids... It almost seems like the RNG rolls are as buggy and not exactly random as the rest of the raid.

E92 M3

Since the vendor weapons will go to 330 - won't that just overshadow the Vex right away? I also think that Xur won't sell any upgrades for the Vex.

SharkJAW

Wouldn't making the Vex have 354 damage be redundant since damage caps out? Unless level 35 enemies are somehow introduced. As I understand, a 300 attack weapon deals 100% of damage to level 30 targets, so any further increase in attack won't change the actual damage numbers. Am I incorrect?

Deku Tree

Since the vendor weapons will go to 330 - won't that just overshadow the Vex right away? I also think that Xur won't sell any upgrades for the Vex.

Maybe their will be a level 32 ultra VoG and maybe you can grind the VoG some more for max 331 attack stat bump raid weapons that you get to upgrade a second time whenever they drop for you via RNGesus.

Edit:

if they want people to keep grinding the VoG I'm not understanding why they would want to make the VoG weapons weaker than TDB weapons.

Edit2:

Here ya go! Imgur

You'll see that the new weapons go to 331 Attack and the Light maxes out at +33 on the armor. So unless this was an old build and they tweaked that around ..

That's interesting... I'm not really understanding the new progression system fully.. So all the new weapons have a 1 next to them and you get to max out at 132 light with the new armor. Is 132 light exactly level 31 and 144 is exactly level 32 so that we need fully upgraded everything to get to both levels?

And now all the legendary weapons and armor only require level 1?

Daemul

Yeah you get to keep the face model of your character but the rest is reset.

Unless they drastically change the games combat mechanics like Bioware did between ME1 and ME2, they can just do the same thing that Bioware did between ME2 and ME3 and keep the same class powers(with some additional news ones to help differentiate the classes better) and keep the same character levels whilst raising the level cap.

Starting from level 1 with each new game would be disheartening.

CREMSteve

Oh, and I've just got Chatterwite, too.
Thanks for putting the run together, was worried for a bit there, but it smoothed out as we went along.

Got the chest piece and Thunderlord (which I'll shard because I alrdy have it fully leveled).

If anyone is doing a hard run later, I'd like to get in on that with my Titan. I'll be available around 2pm Eastern time.

StrykerIsland

X-Frame

OMG Furry Collars!

3M3zRXX.jpg

That's interesting... I'm not really understanding the new progression system fully.. So all the new weapons have a 1 next to them and you get to max out at 132 light with the new armor. Is 132 light exactly level 31 and 144 is exactly level 32 so that we need fully upgraded everything to get to both levels?

And now all the legendary weapons and armor only require level 1?

The math is awkward to me.

120 Light = Level 30
21 Light = Level 21, and then every additional 11 Light progressed a level until you hit 120 and therefore 30.

That means if it still goes up by 11 Light to progress a level, then 131 Light = Level 31 and 142 Light = Level 32.

So whereas now it's clean and having 120 Light is exactly Level 30 -- with the new additions and if you have four Vanguard vendor armor with +33 Light then that's 132 Light or Level 31.1 or something.

Same with reaching Level 32. We can assume that raid gear and exotic armor will be at least +36 Light in order to go past the 142 Light needed to reach Level 32, but if all four pieces have +36 Light then that's 144 total Light which is Level 32.2. So maxed armor is going to have a slight bar of progression towards Level 33 unless Bungie is changing things up with the calculations.

purg3

slept with Malkin
That Titan armor looks sweet. It needs to be Tuesday, but I also need to finish leveling my other Titan. Time to grind out the story today.

LiK

OMG Furry Collars!

3M3zRXX.jpg

The math is awkward to me.

120 Light = Level 30
21 Light = Level 21, and then every additional 11 Light progressed a level until you hit 120 and therefore 30.

That means if it still goes up by 11 Light to progress a level, then 131 Light = Level 31 and 142 Light = Level 32.

So whereas now it's clean and having 120 Light is exactly Level 30 -- with the new additions and if you have four Vanguard vendor armor with +33 Light then that's 132 Light or Level 31.1 or something.

Same with reaching Level 32. We can assume that raid gear and exotic armor will be at least +36 Light in order to go past the 142 Light needed to reach Level 32, but if all four pieces have +36 Light then that's 144 total Light which is Level 32.2. So maxed armor is going to have a slight bar of progression towards Level 33 unless Bungie is changing things up with the calculations.

took them this long to make that available?

Sofa King

Question about commendations. Do you get them for leveling up Vanguard and factions only or do you also get them for leveling up crucible rank? I am about to rank up in crucible and am not sure if I should go on or wait.

SharkJAW

Question about commendations. Do you get them for leveling up Vanguard and factions only or do you also get them for leveling up crucible rank? I am about to rank up in crucible and am not sure if I should go on or wait.
You get them from crucible, also. It's best to hold off on leveling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom