• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Nightfall (which gave me nothing but Ass, by the way)!

Oh, by the way, now that I'm level 26, would anyone like to get me through the LV 28 Weekly Heroic Strike? Thanks!

Haybro

Anybody want to do a Sunday Funday run through the normal raid?

Level 28 Sunlock. PSN: Haybro_

1)Haybro_
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Hiko

Banned
Would make sense. Consider the fact that you can currently vendor your way to a 29, but not 30, now you'll be able to go to 31, but not 32 without (newer) raid gear via vendors

Where would three current vendor gear and one new maxed exotic get you?

Also, the new Vanguard weapons seem like crap compared to the weapons they are replacing. The Devil you Don't? Payback SOS? I thought the vendors would be selling the same exact weapons with upgraded damage.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there any information out there about how PvE scaling works? I heard the damage you can do to enemies is capped? Does it work the same for the damage you take from enemies?

Im so confused about the math behind this game.

It's all about levels. The higher the level of the enemy relative to you, the more damage you take from them and the less damage you do to them. I can't remember the exact numbers, but you want to be as close to the enemy level as possible.

Deku Tree

Is there any information out there about how PvE scaling works? I heard the damage you can do to enemies is capped? Does it work the same for the damage you take from enemies?

Im so confused about the math behind this game.

It's all about levels. The higher the level of the enemy relative to you, the more damage you take from them and the less damage you do to them. I can't remember the exact numbers, but you want to be as close to the enemy level as possible.

Right but a level 30 player with maxed weapons does the same damage to a level 10 enemy as a level 20 player with the same weapon.

So the question is how much damage can a given level 10 enemy do to a level 20 player? Is that less than the damage the level 10 enemy does to a level 30 player? How does the math work on all levels. It doesn't seem like this is clear. But it feels like VoG normal is much easier at level 30 than at level 28 even though all the enemies are level 28.

RemiLP

Do you think the new vendor weaponds will be better then legendary raid weaponds? Is it a waste for me to upgraded my ae and voc?

Deku Tree

I kind of felt that way after hearing how many Hunters needed raid boots to hit 30. Then, lo and behold, Iron Banner vendor selling boots to get you to 30. Felt like it was a way to get people to play IB even though they may not like Crucible.

Yes it took me forever to get warlock boots. Heard a lot of similar comments on here from other people. Really made it feel like it wasn't totally random absolutely.

Ghazi

I've leveled up my Cryptarch 3 or 4 times now since the update and still only get blues. Bungie probably just gated progression more, I truly doubt that they actually increased chances of legendaries from them.

ocean

Banned
My Hunter is still level 9. I wish I could buy an XP boost or something. New upgrade rules mean having three characters for Weekly Heroics is almost necessary if you want enough Strange Coins :/

Ambitious

My Hunter is still level 9. I wish I could buy an XP boost or something. New upgrade rules mean having three characters for Weekly Heroics is almost necessary if you want enough Strange Coins :/

Ocean, will you do Crota's End only on Friday with us or also on Tuesday with the other group?

ocean

Banned
Ocean, will you do Crota's End only on Friday with us or also on Tuesday with the other group?
I'd like to run Tuesday as well since I had something change in my schedule which would allow it. If you'd rather be strict about all 6 going in blind I can step down from the launch day run though, just let me know.
It was like that since the day 1.
Actually running twice a week has so far been enough for me to buy anything new Xûr sells except for the first two weeks.

Now that each weapon will effectively have a 7 coin tax (if I buy a weapon I'll try to buy it with the Shard it'll eventually require for its upgrade) + old Exotics needing 14 shards (7 to upgrade and 7 to max out) even 27 a week sounds insufficient.

My only hope is the new 30 Heroic gives 12 coins instead of being harder for the same 9 we get now.

hydruxo

I'd like to run Tuesday as well since I had something change in my schedule which would allow it. If you'd rather be strict about all 6 going in blind I can step down from the launch day run though, just let me know.

Actually running twice a week has so far been enough for me to buy anything new Xûr sells except for the first two weeks.

Now that each weapon will effectively have a 7 coin tax (if I buy a weapon I'll try to buy it with the Shard it'll eventually require for its upgrade) + old Exotics needing 14 shards (7 to upgrade and 7 to max out) even 27 a week sounds insufficient.

My only hope is the new 30 Heroic gives 12 coins instead of being harder for the same 9 we get now.

Yeah I agree, I've had two characters for a while and that was just fine, but I need to level up a 3rd now to stay on top of everything.

Alright, so in preparation for The Dark Below my Hunter and Warlock now have capped marks, vanguard is 75 rep away from the next level and have 10 already completed bounties ready to be submitted on Tuesday. Glimmer is capped too.

Just have to do the same for my Titan now, he is 600 away from the next vanguard level and 16 marks away from the cap.

I'm ready for you and your crappy commendation system The Dark Below!

I almost want to wait a day or so to see what weapons and armour are good from people's impressions. Just focus on the raid and nightfalls to start.

I vaulted two Purple Engrams, Only gonna Cryptarch them on Tuesday.

my lvl29 Warlock:
Almost reached the next Vanguard level by a sliver. Not touching it till Tuesday.
Almost reached the next Cryptarch level by a sliver. Not touching it till Tuesday.
90% of a Dubious Task Exotic Bounty complete, will only 100% it after Tuesday.

LOL

ocean

Banned
Yeah I agree, I've had two characters for a while and that was just fine, but I need to level up a 3rd now to stay on top of everything.
Wanna level alts together? I can't bear going through story solo again. If we run them on Heroic I guess we'd hit 20 before Mars with a few scattered bounties.

Deku Tree

Alright, so in preparation for The Dark Below my Hunter and Warlock now have capped marks, vanguard is 75 rep away from the next level and have 10 already completed bounties ready to be submitted on Tuesday. Glimmer is capped too.

Just have to do the same for my Titan now, he is 600 away from the next vanguard level and 16 marks away from the cap.

I'm ready for you and your crappy commendation system The Dark Below!

I almost want to wait a day or so to see what weapons and armour are good from people's impressions. Just focus on the raid and nightfalls to start.

Watch Bungie reset all of that stuff during the reset... That seems to be the way they roll.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I vaulted two Purple Engrams, Only gonna Cryptarch them on Tuesday.

my lvl29 Warlock:
Almost reached the next Vanguard level by a sliver. Not touching it till Tuesday.
Almost reached the next Cryptarch level by a sliver. Not touching it till Tuesday.
90% of a Dubious Task Exotic Bounty complete, will only 100% it after Tuesday.

LOL

Doing the same exact thing. On my main Titan both Vanguard and Crucible are about one bounty from leveling. Second Titan is one from Vanguard, and I'm working on my 3rd right now. So I'lll have a minimum of 3-4 packages ready for Tuesday.

Why do you think that?

Why else would some things be a lot rarer than others? I barely see anyone getting Praetorian Foil. Also, nearly everyone always gets Chatterwhite on normal. It's pretty obvious they've made it so you're more likely to get some things before others.

hydruxo

Wanna level alts together? I can't bear going through story solo again. If we run them on Heroic I guess we'd hit 20 before Mars with a few scattered bounties.

Definitely! My warlock is at 3 I think, I'll be on this afternoon and we can knock out a bunch of missions. PSN: hydruxxo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom