• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Why else would some things be a lot rarer than others? I barely see anyone getting Praetorian Foil. Also, nearly everyone always gets Chatterwhite on normal. It's pretty obvious they've made it so you're more likely to get some things before others.

Yes I agree. Boots, foil, timepiece all seem very rare drops. Found verdict and other stuff seem to be more common.
You probably have like a 70% or bigger chance to get ascendant stuff.

All the factions are getting new gear to buy, right? Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, etc, not just Vanguard?

I think only Vanguard and Crucible were stated, but you have to expect the others will too, otherwise they become even more useless than the gunsmith.

Strider

Why else would some things be a lot rarer than others? I barely see anyone getting Praetorian Foil. Also, nearly everyone always gets Chatterwhite on normal. It's pretty obvious they've made it so you're more likely to get some things before others.

Yea there is defnitely a loot table that gives items a specific chance to drop. I wish they'd tell us what the odds were for each of the raid items.

But I guess with Crota's End the plan is to remember the drops we already have so it gives us something different... the percentages are dynamic. They wouldn't be able to give us an exact percentage anyway if it fluctuates.

Ghazi

Yea there is defnitely a loot table that gives items a specific chance to drop. I wish they'd tell us what the odds were for each of the raid items.

But I guess with Crota's End the plan is to remember the drops we already have so it gives us something different... the percentages are dynamic. They wouldn't be able to give us an exact percentage anyway if it fluctuates.

PRNG was a much better direction to go with Crota's End and it's what I was thinking should've been implemented into the full game. It's much better than your plain old RNG, and it hooks people better.

Wallach

That new Titan armor image is exactly what I want to wear forever.

Seriously Bungie, custom appearances please. I don't want to wear a fucking goblin head, or after Tuesday the inevitable acolyte head or whatever's next. Just let me wear that until Destiny 2.

ocean

Banned
Definitely! My warlock is at 3 I think, I'll be on this afternoon and we can knock out a bunch of missions. PSN: hydruxxo
I'm a_javierp. I hit level 9 via Crucible, haven't done a single Story mission after the prologue when you get your gun. Like I literally can't even do Patrol on my Hunter :p

Numpt3

Hey guys, posted in the raid and nightfall thread but it seems pretty quiet in there so...

Looking to try the raid for the first time, lvl 29 hunter, don't have a damn clue what I'm doing but will listen to what I'm told :p

PSN: o_O063

Deku Tree

A reset is fine by me IF they make it so that reputation and marks are shared across characters, mark cap is removed, 100 marks/(week·character) limit.

Yes Bungie wants me to play all three classes but they demand that I grind rep for all three classes for each vendor separately is the worst. I don't want to do it. That's why I only play mainly Warlock.

hydruxo

I'm a_javierp. I hit level 9 via Crucible, haven't done a single Story mission after the prologue when you get your gun. Like I literally can't even do Patrol on my Hunter :p

Hahah I debated doing that but I don't even have my super or heavy weapons yet. I should've just done it for the challenge lol.

Hahah I debated doing that but I don't even have my super or heavy weapons yet. I should've just done it for the challenge lol.

Our group played against a level 2 yesterday and didn't get a single kill. Tbf neither did 2 other people :lol. I still can't believe how bad they were.

Yes Bungie wants me to play all three classes but they demand that I grind rep for all three classes for each vendor separately is the worst. I don't want to do it. That's why I only play mainly Warlock.

That would make it more difficult now since you would only have one chance to get a commendation for all 3 characters versus each one levelling up their rank and getting a commendation each. I hope you can share commendations, maybe that's how it will make more approachable for multiple characters.

Deku Tree

That would make it more difficult now since you would only have one chance to get a commendation for all 3 characters versus each one levelling up their rank and getting a commendation each. I hope you can share commendations, maybe that's how it will make more approachable for multiple characters.

I guess but vendor weapons are uninteresting anyway. Once I get my three or four pieces of 33 light armor I am pretty close to done buying anything from them. And you can still share armor via the vault. It still seems much less of a grind to run the same class characters since you can get extra commendations and extra rep for the same class with lots of bounties and pump exp into your armor faster too.

I went into crucible as a level 2 defender titan. Held my own with nothing but an AR and a Shotty. Consistently finished top 2-3 in my group. If no teammates were around for heavy ammo drops I waited long as I could then picked it up anyway. Essentially burned it so the other team couldn't pick it up nor could the grab it off my corpse lol.

But it would go three times as fast. Just would be less management trying to remember where your progression is for each toon.

You'd earn them at a triple rate, and if they made them so they are a global currency you wouldn't have much problem.

Edit: Beaten

ocean

Banned
What are the downsides of this method?
Since story missions give good XP doing Crucible exclusively is probably slower. I just really haven't wanted to get back to the story by myself.

Going into the Crucible with no double jump is hilarious though. You literally can't reach some areas without taking crazy turns. It's an added challenge but once you get a grenade and Super you can do alright.

If anyone is up for story missions let me know! Since I'm level 9 I can't join any activities higher than level 12 but I'd be down for playing even with level 3s since I haven't done absolutely any missions and I'll still get XP from them.

Mindlog

Saw the video for the new Nexus Black Garden strike. Sony really got ripped off!
Aww. Transitive self-burn.

Alright, so in preparation for The Dark Below my Hunter and Warlock now have capped marks, vanguard is 75 rep away from the next level and have 10 already completed bounties ready to be submitted on Tuesday. Glimmer is capped too.

Just have to do the same for my Titan now, he is 600 away from the next vanguard level and 16 marks away from the cap.

I'm ready for you and your crappy commendation system The Dark Below!

I almost want to wait a day or so to see what weapons and armour are good from people's impressions. Just focus on the raid and nightfalls to start.
That's exactly what Bungie wants :[

Wish they would post the exact light level breakdowns, but specifics are verboten. I plan on skipping the new standard legendary armor entirely. Not falling for that grind shit again. Raid armor and an upgraded exotic piece for me only. I have every existing piece of exotic armor except that one Warlock chest (fuck you Xur) so I'm pretty much set with whatever crap Xur brings the first week (sunbreakers.) Really not going to bother upgrading much else because of the garbage system currently in place.

Since story missions give good XP doing Crucible exclusively is probably slower. I just really haven't wanted to get back to the story by myself.

Going into the Crucible with no double jump is hilarious though. You literally can't reach some areas without taking crazy turns. It's an added challenge but once you get a grenade and Super you can do alright.

If anyone is up for story missions let me know! Since I'm level 9 I can't join any activities higher than level 12 but I'd be down for playing even with level 3s since I haven't done absolutely any missions and I'll still get XP from them.

But when you go back to the story missions after crucible you'll be able to run heroic level missions. So you'll walk away with 2-3x's the xp or more depending on how long you hold out. By the time I got around to mars missions I was running em at level 28 and getting 7000+ xp per mission.

ocean

Banned
Wtf it won't let me load destiny. It's got the countdown timer like when we'd pre loaded. I'm sure it's got to do with TDB but how can I open the game now?

Ghazi

But when you go back to the story missions after crucible you'll be able to run heroic level missions. So you'll walk away with 2-3x's the xp or more depending on how long you hold out. By the time I got around to mars missions I was running em at level 28 and getting 7000+ xp per mission.

Yeah, it's so weird you get those bonuses for missions like that. Normally, people won't see them unless they've geared ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom