• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Wtf it won't let me load destiny. It's got the countdown timer like when we'd pre loaded. I'm sure it's got to do with TDB but how can I open the game now?
I rebuilt my database and restored licenses. Still getting a pre order screen and it won't let me load the game. Trying to open it hits me with the countdown for the expansion.

Is there anyone who can invite me so I can try entering the game via PSN invitation? I'm a_javierp.

Steroyd

I'm starting to think the bounties aren't random, how many times this week has a sword of Crota bounty mission popped up, I tthink they're hinting at something.

15 post mortems across 3 chars, and crucible rep grind for my Titan and it's clear hype for the new raid.

Going into the Crucible with no double jump is hilarious though. You literally can't reach some areas without taking crazy turns. It's an added challenge but once you get a grenade and Super you can do alright.

It is, you have to take the long routes and walk up stairs like a civilian while people rain death from above, now that I think about it, it's amazing I kept my KDR in the black with my alts.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just finished a normal raid and all I got was a Gjallahorn...

gaEw5AU.gif

For all the problems Destiny has that I've continued to play through, you wouldn't think it would be a blog post describing some updates that brought my play-time to a halt.

But here we are. It's been a week since I've turned on Destiny, and short of maybe jumping in for some Crucible to grind rep and get some marks, I can't really motivate myself to play it.

Why work to upgrade the few legendaries I don't have maxed when a new wave of guns will leave them in the dust?

Why work to upgrade all the exotics I have, when I'm going to need to PAY CURRENCY TO RESET THEM and start all over.

I'm in a holding pattern. And I'm wondering if maybe this is just the time to walk away...

Today's Daily is the first time I've joined a stranger's Fireteam. Is it really this complicated, or did I do something wrong? We're both sitting on Mars, looking at each other's character. He invites me and I accept. The game then reloads the entire mission (I hear the level voiceover again) and then I'm placed in a seemingly random location on Mars (he sent me an invite when we were in the Black Gate. The game then returned me to Mars proper).

I thought it was going to be a simple thing like, "so and so joined your Fireteam." Apparently not?

Today's Daily is the first time I've joined a stranger's Fireteam. Is it really this complicated, or did I do something wrong? We're both sitting on Mars, looking at each other's character. He invites me and I accept. The game then reloads the entire mission (I hear the level voiceover again) and then I'm placed in a seemingly random location on Mars (he sent me an invite when we were in the Black Gate. The game then returned me to Mars proper).

I thought it was going to be a simple thing like, "so and so joined your Fireteam." Apparently not?

Weird. In my experience (mostly on Xbox One, but also sometimes on PS4), it really just is 'so and so joined your fireteam'. SOMETIMES it would boot the group back to orbit, but we'd all land together and start/continue the mission.

Ghazi

You guys don't have any problems... they just reset your game's ownership rights so you can buy the game again and start over.

For all the problems Destiny has that I've continued to play through, you wouldn't think it would be a blog post describing some updates that brought my play-time to a halt.

But here we are. It's been a week since I've turned on Destiny, and short of maybe jumping in for some Crucible to grind rep and get some marks, I can't really motivate myself to play it.

Why work to upgrade the few legendaries I don't have maxed when a new wave of guns will leave them in the dust?

Why work to upgrade all the exotics I have, when I'm going to need to PAY CURRENCY TO RESET THEM and start all over.

I'm in a holding pattern. And I'm wondering if maybe this is just the time to walk away...

Yea, because of the recent DLC news of resetting exotic progress, I've also lost motivation to play when I've loved almost every minute of the game since day 1. This week, I only played a raid to try to get to 30, and 3x weekly/nightfall. I just check up on here every once and a while now to see if there is any good news :\

Temujen

Neo Member
Since the vendor weapons will go to 330 - won't that just overshadow the Vex right away? I also think that Xur won't sell any upgrades for the Vex.

Of course he will. They've stated several times that it's supposed to be the most powerful gun in the game. So it has to be able to be upgraded.

thats only if xur lets you, it could be months from now

With the amount of exotics per week and now knowing Xur isn't random, I'd say it's pretty good chance it'll be there within 2-3 showings. But yea, I guess it's still the most important exotic to level as of now.

BokehKing

Banned
After hanging in 5+ bounties since September, 7+ since patch

I finally got my first exotic bounty
I woke the hive and off to use aetheons epilogue in the crucible wish me luck

Same for me im kinda just waiting for the expansion. I hope xur is there (who am i kidding) on thursday so we can start working on our guns.... Yes, working.

Alright, so in preparation for The Dark Below my Hunter and Warlock now have capped marks, vanguard is 75 rep away from the next level and have 10 already completed bounties ready to be submitted on Tuesday. Glimmer is capped too.

Just have to do the same for my Titan now, he is 600 away from the next vanguard level and 16 marks away from the cap.

I'm ready for you and your crappy commendation system The Dark Below!

I almost want to wait a day or so to see what weapons and armour are good from people's impressions. Just focus on the raid and nightfalls to start.

I'm just playing the game like I normally would. I maxed the gjallarhorn I got a couple of days ago. Leveled my reps. I can't let it get to me like that. I play this game a lot. I level my reputation at least once a week per character. It really isn't gonna matter in the long run. If I don't level my rep on day one I will level it on day 2 or 3. Especially after I do nightfall and the weekly.

Edit** to clarify I feel like if I take it that seriously then I'm treating it like its a job and not a game and I don't want that

meant to post this a while ago. from reddit:

9XXBFT9.png

i think it's confusing as hell but it's also one of the better maps i've seen.

probably doesn't matter though since new raid's out in 2 days...

I'm just playing the game like I normally would. I maxed the gjallarhorn I got a couple of days ago. Leveled my reps. I can't let it get to me like that. I play this game a lot. I level my reputation at least once a week per character. It really isn't gonna matter in the long run. If I don't level my rep on day one I will level it on day 2 or 3. Especially after I do nightfall and the weekly.

Edit** to clarify I feel like if I take it that seriously then I'm treating it like its a job and not a game and I don't want that

Well I do all this on a regular basis, just want to be setup for Tuesday and the changes so I'm better prepared.

I'll be doing the raid at 4am so I won't be doing much else that day.

LordofPwn

9XXBFT9.png

The map seems way off I didn't think the exit was that far to the left. Could have sworn it was to the right side of the area with no gorgons running to the right of it. Also where's the rock I jump on?

Well I do all this on a regular basis, just want to be setup for Tuesday and the changes so I'm better prepared.

I'll be doing the raid at 4am so I won't be doing much else that day.

I just hope the commendations are given out everytime you level and not based on RNG like other faction rewards. Did they clarify this?

And yeah if you're doing the raid you'll he busy all day

Deku Tree

9XXBFT9.png

The map seems way off I didn't think the exit was that far to the left. Could have sworn it was to the right side of the area with no gorgons running to the right of it. Also where's the rock I jump on?

Agree. Looks like a nice map but the rock and gorgon locations seem to be different than how I remember it. We always climb up a big rock and then drop down and Run a circle around a bigger rock to get to the exit. But those two rocks are not close to the exit in that picture. It's actually a very nice map though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom