• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilonen

Have Bungie said what time TDB goes live on Tuesday? The weekly reset is usually done by the time I get home from work (UK time) but I was worried this might be midnight or something awkward.

Daemul

How is this game on 360? I have some space bucks that expire this month

The only real difference between the 360 version and the next gen versions is the graphics, so if that doesn't bother you than get the game.

Probably hard to find a party for the end game raid, but you can play a week or two solo and enjoy it.

Actually, no. I switch between the XBO and 360 versions and it's pretty easy to find people to do nightfalls, weekly's and raids with on places like Destinylfg for the 360. This may change after the Christmas holidays and more people move to next gen, but at the moment, you'll still find many people to do end game content with.

phen0m24

You just gotta have that confidence bro. I've seen all 29's do it......well before the Templar patch. I still think it's definitely possible as long as everyone can effectively play in that fight.

I apologize to my team then as today I was just... off.

After doing multiple complete hards in the past few days and like 5 Atheon clears, today I felt like a freaking boat anchor. Kept dying and had to sit and watch.

Thank you to Twilight Gap and Cosmos for the run and glad we got the clear. I'll practice or something. Grumble grumble

breakfuss

I think I can finish it, just not turn it in.

i think if you finished that, then took no further action, you'd get the upgraded version if you went and claimed it on tuesday. all the same I'd wait on the final step of any bounty until after the patch, just to be safe.

on a related note, I was offered the thorn bounty a second time ever last night and grabbed it. actually kinda cool to think I can finish it at my leisure and get the new one.

Didn't even consider that. Thanks. I stopped working on the thorn bounty but I suppose what really matters is when turned in.

Haybro

I have to do the thorn pvp bounty and I'm absolutely dreading it...

Mostly because I hate using Atheons Epilogue. Will voidwalker super kills count?

Mannn the new exotics kind of look underwhelming, aside from Necrochasm which we haven't had game play footage yet.

Bummed there aren't any new exotic handcannons

Although the new exotics for warlocks look great

I apologize to my team then as today I was just... off.

After doing multiple complete hards in the past few days and like 5 Atheon clears, today I felt like a freaking boat anchor. Kept dying and had to sit and watch.

Thank you to Twilight Gap and Cosmos for the run and glad we got the clear. I'll practice or something. Grumble grumble

You played fine. Gatekeeper has a way of trying people's patience. Still can't belive how we cleared it. I was getting crushed in the middle and barely got to the dropped relic in time. Starting next week I think I'm done with VoG hard. Normal for a couple rolls at exotics, but hard won't be worth my time.

CLBridges

Mannn the new exotics kind of look underwhelming, aside from Necrochasm which we haven't had game play footage yet.

Bummed there aren't any new exotic handcannons

Although the new exotics for warlocks look great

I'll wait and see how the new exotics feel when the perks are unlocked. I thought there was a new exotic hand cannon? Or, maybe I'm thinking about one of the upcoming raid weapons that will be legendary.

I hope that some good special/heavy weapons drop from CE, seeing as how primaries won't be available until January.

cilonen

Mostly because I hate using Atheons Epilogue. Will voidwalker super kills count?

I'm also dreading this. The only void weapons I have are heavies. Not sure how I'm going to tackle this, I may have to do a whole bunch of crucible first just to get a decent void weapon.

I'll wait and see how the new exotics feel when the perks are unlocked. I thought there was a new exotic hand cannon? Or, maybe I'm thinking about one of the upcoming raid weapons that will be legendary.

I hope that some good special/heavy weapons drop from CE, seeing as how primaries won't be available until January.

Naw we won't be getting a new exotic HC. There are a few legendary HCs though (from vendors, raid).

I am liking the new exotic sniper rifle just because it might be ridiculously fun to run around and pop everyone off in PvP.

Necrochasm could be a high end exotic when you upgrade it's stability. Anyone know if the gun gets dropped only in Crota's End?

shem935

Banned
I'm also dreading this. The only void weapons I have are heavies. Not sure how I'm going to tackle this, I may have to do a whole bunch of crucible first just to get a decent void weapon.

Void fusion rifles are the great equalizer. Thorn bounty made me get good with fusion rifles.

phen0m24

You played fine. Gatekeeper has a way of trying people's patience. Still can't belive how we cleared it. I was getting crushed in the middle and barely got to the dropped relic in time. Starting next week I think I'm done with VoG hard. Normal for a couple rolls at exotics, but hard won't be worth my time.

Thanks Doc. I did all that other work w my Titan 30 and am used to it. With 4 30's at GK or Atheon one 30 always gets ported. Makes it all easier. If you have 30's and don't need armor (or Fatebringer), look for Atheon checkpoints. Can be done much faster.

BokehKing

Banned

Aetheons epilogue is not that bad, at least you have a void super, I have to depend on grenade and gun kills, it sucks

Yep....not even 15 minutes long and still crappy blue rewards that literally everyone will dismantle....what is the point I'm even dropping blue loot at this point?

They were playing it at base level 20 so I would expect blue rewards. However, the strike is nothing more than running Black Garden story mission backwards with a Hydra type boss at end. Completely phoned in on Bungie's end. The other strike is a new area at least.

CLBridges

Just turned on PS4, see DLC saying avail. in 1d and some hours, can't launch base game because of this lol...get your shit together Sony. Guess I won't be able to cap marks for the week cause I definitely won't delete/reinstall.

Deku Tree

I've gotten one from Tigers but have also seen people nab exotics from pvp.

I was wondering where do they seem to drop more often. I got some time to kill till our Flawless attempt.

I think we are all just going to be guessing on that.

More people play a lot of PvP than Tiger Strikes so they are going to see more exotics drop in PvP and tell you that PvP drops more exotics... but that is probably just because people play so much PvP and not so many Tiger Strikes and has nothing to do with the actual drop rate.

See you later for the Flawless try.

hydruxo

Most likely to drop an exotic, Tiger strikes or PVP?

I'd say PVP. Never gotten one from either but I've at least seen people get them from PVP. One of my friends got Thunderlord & Gjallarhorn from PVP (not at the same time).

I've run a ton of tiger strikes and never seen anybody get an exotic from them when I played, but obviously it can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom