• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming it seems more likely for exotics to drop in Pvp since there are 12 players vs 3 players from strikes. But anyways I have only seem 1 exotic drop in tiger strikes compare to a few exotic drops in Pvp. Of course I didn't recieve any of them :( has anyone figure out how RNGEsus works btw?

I bet the chance of Exotic is the same for Tiger and PvP, main difference is more people in PvP at a time so more chances you see someone get the drop. 12 or 6 in PvP vs 3 in Strike.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, Crucible is the best way to get an exotic. I've seen tons of people get it during the Iron Banner.

Not me of course, that would be silly. I've gotten a few legendary engrams though.

Definity

I didn't realize how effective glimmer farming can be by playing the exclusion zone story. I'm capped out and ready for the DLC.

Best way to get exotics is Xur, than Raids, then Nightfall, then PvP. It's too bad they nerfed cryptarch packages...only get 2 blue engrams now.

Used to get 1 legendary out of each of them, and once in a while one of them would turn out to be an exotic.

Deku Tree

Best way to get exotics is Xur, than Raids, then Nightfall, then PvP. It's too bad they nerfed cryptarch packages...only get 2 blue engrams now.

Used to get 1 legendary out of each of them, and once in a while one of them would turn out to be an exotic.

No Xur >> Nightfall >>>>> VoG Raid for exotics.

And done with the void kills portion of the thorn bounty, whew. Ended up needing a 10th match after I jinxed myself lol. I'll wait on xyor until after TDB drops. So I anyone wants to team up next week keep me in mind.

My_Pal_Hitler has entered Fire Team voice channel.
My_Pal_Hitler has revived DrDrizzay101
My_Pal_Hitler has died.

Starting next week I think I'm done with VoG hard. Normal for a couple rolls at exotics, but hard won't be worth my time.

Since you get double drops at the left Gorgon chest and Atheon on hard, does that include double chance for rolls at exotics? Or is it the same chance from doing normal?

My_Pal_Hitler has entered Fire Team voice channel.
My_Pal_Hitler has revived DrDrizzay101
My_Pal_Hitler has died.

Since you get double drops at the left Gorgon chest and Atheon on hard, does that include double chance for rolls at exotics? Or is it the same chance from doing normal?

I've never gotten two exotics from that chest on hard. Probably better to roll it twice as in once on normal and once on hard

Is anyone planning to tackle the old and new raid this Tuesday? I hit level 30 and wanted to knock out the raid on all of my character. But I don't expect people to be knowledgable of how to do it for sure until this Friday probably.

Bollocks

Any GAF raids going on?
I have the day off tomorrow, so it's gonna be a long Destiny night.
I'm craving a raid. Calling US GAF to invite me most likely since it's already past midnight here and it's pve so lag is neglible. lvl29 hunter btw

So what are people's plans for their exotics?

At first I just assumed I'd trade in gjallerhorn and ice breaker and start grinding, but now I'm not so sure. The new plan is to trade in Thorn and Bad Juju since I never bothered to level them pre patch, and while I build them out, see how things play out with Dragons Breath. The solar bomb perk on that rocket launch could be real handy for locking down certain places.

Either way, I'm upgrading my Helm of Saint 14 asap.

Hey guys, I'm looking to put together a team for Flawless Raider on Xbox one. I've got a 30 of any class, with every weapon maxed. If we can get enough people, we can make an attempt tonight. Post here or message me if interested.

1. Zoso Achilles
2. (Friend)
3. (Friend)
4. Iceman829

hydruxo

At first I just assumed I'd trade in gjallerhorn and ice breaker and start grinding, but now I'm not so sure. The new plan is to trade in Thorn and Bad Juju since I never bothered to level them pre patch, and while I build them out, see how things play out with Dragons Breath. The solar bomb perk on that rocket launch could be real handy for locking down certain places.

Rexurbishing my Ice Breaker straight away because you're really not missing anything with its perks anyways. It's going to be a pain to re-upgrade Gjallarhorn and not have Wolfpack Round but in the end it's worth it. So I'm upgrading Ice Breaker for sure, but you could do without upgrading Gjallarhorn until HM Crotas End drops in January.

Also, I've been completing as many 5000 XP bounties as possible and not turning them in so that I can get a bunch of bubbles filled in next Friday on whatever I end up upgrading. Haven't put much thought into what other guns and armors I'd upgrade though.

I'm not upgrading any of my exotic guns immediately. Still holding out hope Bungie will change this before hard raid drops.

Will upgrade my armor since that is quick.

adin75

I honestly haven't put a lot of thought into it. Most likely IB first up, then Horn or Plan C or PI........decisions, decisions.

As for armour, Armamentarian.

GhaleonEB

I'm looking for three to fill out a Normal raid run this evening. Any level 26 and up welcome, newbie or experienced. Right now it's myself, Dax and another. Looking to start at 8:30 PST. Anyone free?

Not sure how late we'll go.

List of exotics I plan to re upgrade
Suros
Vex
P&t
Truth

Sacrificing for the greater good

Universal remote
Super good advice
Invective
Mida
Hard light

Not sure what to do with

Thorn
Bad juju
Plan c
Last word

Not sure what to do
Boy an I going to hate it when my precious raid weapons get outclassed

SkylineRKR

IB at 302 is better out of the gate I agree. Suros might so too. The Suros Regime effect was mostly viable for the last 3 or so bullets and the regen I never really noticed.

Yeah, I've never seen an exotic from a Tiger.

I've seen 2. The same woman I sometimes run a series of Tiger Strikes with. I don't know man. I always tell her if shes ready for another exotic drop when she invites me. Her last one was nasty, we dropped in at Sekrion at 50% and she got MIDA I think. She felt guilty lol.

Today I saw a guy getting TLW in Crucible Control.

LiK

heads up to my Raid crew, I have to help my folks out with something on Tuesday after work so I'll let you know if I make it back in time for our Raid. I'll post again that day and PM one of you so check your PMs around that time.

Anastasis

I'm looking for three to fill out a Normal raid run this evening. Any level 26 and up welcome, newbie or experienced. Right now it's myself, Dax and another. Looking to start at 8:30 PST. Anyone free?

Not sure how late we'll go.

I'd be up for it. Psn: vernonhillz - may only be able to play for 2 and a half hours though. If that's an issue, feel free to find another. :)

I've been through a normal raid a few times. Level 28 Titan.

GhaleonEB

I'd be up for it. Psn: vernonhillz - may only be able to play for 2 and a half hours though. If that's an issue, feel free to find another. :)

I've been through a normal raid a few times. Level 28 Titan.

I'll have around two hours, so we should be good. I'll shoot you a FR when I get on later. Thanks!

With another add via Twitter we're up to five - one more slot open if anyone's free.

I'll have around two hours, so we should be good. I'll shoot you a FR when I get on later. Thanks!

With another add via Twitter we're up to five - one more slot open if anyone's free.

I might be available. Still need to run my almost lvl27 warlock (just need a couple more shards for it). Keep me as alternate since 8:30pm is a bit earlier than I can probably make it.

Sane_Man

Praedyth's Timepiece (my third), Hezen's Vengeance (first!), Vex Mythoclast (my fifth...) and Ice Breaker (my second) all dropped for me on hard raid today. Pretty lucky. Gjallarhorn and Fatebringer still elude me though.

Praedyth's Timepiece (my third), Hezen's Vengeance (first!), Vex Mythoclast (my fifth...) and Ice Breaker (my second) all dropped for me on hard raid today. Pretty lucky. Gjallarhorn and Fatebringer still elude me though.

Ugh I need Timepiece and Vex to close the book on VoG

PSA: If you are a sunsinger warlock and have a Monte Carlo, you have in your hands the greatest PvE class ever, made even better if you have a high regeneration build, all you need is Flame Shield as your melee, and let the Monte Carlo's special ability do its thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHDzPJT4Pg

Watch while your enemies can't kill you because you have a constant 2 shields on yourself lol.

PS: Excuse the wonkiness I was remote playing and the connection was kind of acting up (it even 180'ed at some point on its own lol), but I just wanted to show you how efficient this build is for PvE.

border

11:30 PM EST?

I will go. 29 Hunter with Atheon's Epilogue and some other decent stuff. I've done the raid 4-5 times but so often things were cheesed that I can't say I'm confident doing it all straight up. Would be nice to have a patient group.

PSN - border199x

My exotic drops:

Monte Carlo: Tiger Strike

Last Word: Raid normal with Hawkian

Gjallarhorn: this week's Nightfall

Universal Remote: this week's Weekly w 2nd character

Akai XIII

PvP drops:
Hawkmoon

Tiger Drops:
Plan C
Mida Multi Tool
Thunderlord
Monte Carlo

I've seen a few exotics drop in Tiger strikes too; TLW, 3 Plan Cs, 2 Red Deaths and a Gjallerhorn. That said, I play more PvE than PvP.

You got 5 Vex, I have zero.

I have two Fates and two Gjallerhorns, you have zero.

RNG can be so damn cruel.

BokehKing

Banned
500 void points done in about 4 hours on and off play was stuck at 485 for most of the match, now just to do the strike, which I should be able to solo if I just hang back and cheez right?

You got 5 Vex, I have zero.

I have two Fates and two Gjallerhorns, you have zero.

RNG can be so damn cruel.

And I got 2x Universal Remotes. That's it, so yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom