• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

As far as match-making is concerned, I would really like to see it prioritized to be added to dailies/weeklies/NF. Now, the raid is really the only point in which people argue against adding it. I am on the side of adding MM to the raid. But, refining my opinion on adding it, I would say add it onto the old raid once new content is there. And, possibly only allow it on Normal mode considering you can rez team-mates.

Similar to how FFXIV does currently, when a new raid/trial is released, you are required to have a pre-made team to enter. But, once a new raid is introduced, MM is then available for the older content. So many walk-throughs and tips are released in the meantime that there would be no excuse to not know what to do on the old raid.

As far as communication goes, yeah, there are times when fire team members can't hear each other and even making a party, there could be NAT issues. This happens with pre-made teams and the content can still be cleared.

Sullichin

Do you get a postmaster package at Crucible Rank 3? I don't remember.

I wish they let you upgrade Strangers Rifle to a legendary weapon. I like that gun.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
1 shard, 1 freaking Ass Shard and I will be Level 30. C'mon daily reset. Please be kind.
Haha, I was in the same situation with my first character. I needed a single AS and the game kept giving me AE for 3 days. I was so pissed that I dismantled an exotic helm just to have my first 30 character. Now I have all three characters at 30. This game.

And yeah, I agree with Deej, matchmaking is not needed for raids.

For those with 3 level 30 characters, which one are you going to try to push to 32-33 first?

Even though I started with a hunter the thought hasn't crossed my mind. Unsure whether to do Warlock or Titan first. I really enjoy having access to the bubble for PVE but I enjoy the the Warlock grenades and supers just as much. I can't pick.

Titan is the best PvE class but ultimately just pick the one you find most enjoyable to play. If you want to do flawless runs or have the most efficient raiding pick Titan but if you have a special fondness for Warlocks then go with your heart. Heavy addicts like myself will rely on RNGsus and level all 3 as much as possible according to His wishes.

Aquila

Twice now the hard raid hasn't given me double rewards at the end. 2 Ass shards and another aspect of screensaver for a job well done. I'm sticking to normal from now on; hopefully Dark Below will make me rage for the right reasons.

LordofPwn

Just watched a guy get Fatebringer and another guy get Red Death at the Gorgon Chest. This fucking game, man, I swear.
Both good guns.

Titan is the best PvE class but ultimately just pick the one you find most enjoyable to play. If you want to do flawless runs or have the most efficient raiding pick Titan but if you have a special fondness for Warlocks then go with your heart. Heavy addicts like myself will rely on RNGsus and level all 3 as much as possible according to His wishes.

PVE <------> PVP
Defender Titan - Voidwalker Warlock - Hunter
Sunsinger Warlock - Striker Titan - Hunter

Rixa

Hum. I was doing Tiger Strikes last saturday. It was my first time that I saw Exotic to drop. Yeah, it was not for me. Luckily it was "only" MIDA Multitool (which I got already). I need to share that picture from my PS4 to twitter (and then to here). It was so wtf momemt to see it.

Ive done ~150 tiger Strikes and it was first Exotic that I see as a reward. Though I did know Exotics can drop from TS but yeah.

Fistwell

Hum. I was doing Tiger Strikes last saturday. It was my first time that I saw Exotic to drop. Yeah, it was not for me. Luckily it was "only" MIDA Multitool (which I got already). I need to share that picture from my PS4 to twitter (and then to here). It was so wtf momemt to see it.

Ive done ~150 tiger Strikes and it was first Exotic that I see as a reward. Though I did know Exotics can drop from TS but yeah.
Saw hawkmoon drop the other day. To that one guy who had 1/5th of the kills and didn't know wtf he was doing. First exotic I see dropping from TS as well.

Haha, I was in the same situation with my first character. I needed a single AS and the game kept giving me AE for 3 days. I was so pissed that I dismantled an exotic helm just to have my first 30 character. Now I have all three characters at 30. This game.

I got an itchy trigger finger hovering over an alts legendary. I just might do it tomorrow is the daily doesn't hook me up. I want to be Level 30 just in time for TDB to launch.

Rixa

Saw hawkmoon drop the other day. To that one guy who had 1/5th of the kills and didn't know wtf he was doing. First exotic I see dropping from TS as well.

Thats just um "very cruel" :(. Got 4 exotic weapons, 2 of them is bought from Xur (Mida, Plan C), one bounty (PI) and one drop Vex Mythoclast. Maybe someday I will get my "wild exotic weapondrop" :p

But warlock is the best PVE solo class. :)

You could make a strong argument for Sunsinger or Defender, but I don't consider solo activities much when ranking PvE classes (especially since they made NFs more tedious to solo).

High level Destiny PvE is designed around co-op team dynamics and every class can have clever/valuable uses. For example, the two man team that beat hard raid used a Hunter and Warlock because of specific uses for their supers. Self-res was necessary so Atheon would only teleport the Hunter who would use GG to help solo the oracles. But that is more of a niche example.

Raiding in general is about two things: staying alive and DPS. Defender is fantastic at both of these, while Warlocks and Hunters don't have anything comparable to the 35% damage buff of I-WoL.

PVE <------> PVP
Defender Titan - Voidwalker Warlock - Hunter
Sunsinger Warlock - Striker Titan - Hunter

Wait, is that a ranking of the "best" or your favorites? Or would that be the same list?

Straid

Does anybody knows how to preload the dlc? I have the expansion pass since dayone but i can't figure out how to preload (i don't know if it's possible).

amar212

Does anybody knows how to preload the dlc? I have the expansion pass since dayone but i can't figure out how to preload (i don't know if it's possible).

You already "preloaded" it in 2GB patch 2 weeks ago.

Now it only has to he unlocked in 24 hours.

I expect some additional patch though, probably executed tonight or something.

Bogeypop

Were we in the same Tiger Strike group?
kappa.png

I'd only been playing for a total of five days when I got this to drop for me
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

I'm sorry. I wrote that sentence poorly and out of anger. One guy got Fatebringer at Templar, then another guy got Red Death at the Gorgon chest.

Ah I see. Well, I understand those feels. I did a NF with a dude and at the end I said "come onnnnnnn Gjallarhorn!!" and I saw that beautiful yellow word flash up on the bottom left of the screen...with the dude's name by it. #brokenheart

I've just joined Kopyasu's Daily Heroic story mission and I was still in orbit when the Activity Rewards screen showed up.

Easiest Daily ever, lol

Rixa

Were we in the same Tiger Strike group?
kappa.png

I'd only been playing for a total of five days when I got this to drop for me
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

Heh no :). My PSN = Gafnick (if someone wants to add).

My alt has good time in saturday, saw that one from friendlist was doing NF, I thought wth lets go to see. Hopped in as 26 level, he was being carried by level 30 player :p.

They were already killing Nexus, so I thought great timing.
1.Got to the ledge (were you hop down)
2. Equipped rocket launcher
3. Shoot and
4. I died to the ledge
5. 2 Other from fireteam were already down.
6. So I watched the rest of Nexus fight being dead as noone of those couldn ress me :p.
7. Kinda embarrased being 0+0+0 and through Nightfall.
8. Yeah got 10 ass energy :D

This was my alt's weekly with same party, this time I did do the whole weekly with many deaths.

Im primed and ready to break the game even more.
B4UeZdaCUAAQzPO.jpg

Are you at the bottom of hellmouth? How did you get there?

I got my Multitool from a Tiger strike as well. It was a long time ago though and luckily I didn't have to do nearly as many to get one. It's also the only exotic I've ever seen drop from those strikes. They're super rare but they do drop

Spiders

With the new raid opening tomorrow I decided to make a summary of all the armor drops I've gotten in the Vault of Glass:

Warlock
11 completions (4x hard)
4x helmet
2x gauntlets
2x chest
4x boots

Hunter
4 completions (3x hard)
1x chest

Titan
9 completions (1x hard)
No armor drops

Apart from Corrective Measure (which has never dropped for me) I've gotten every other VoG weapon at least twice (and some even twice in the same drop on hard).

I look forward to the adjusted drop rates in the new raid.

Jinjo

Yeah, maybe till Friday night? I'd think most people wanting to go in fresh will have given it a fair try by Friday.

Cool, let's do this then.

I'd say until after the weekend. Since I assume a lot of people (including me) don't have the time to start the raid until friday/saturday at earliest. That gives groups the chance to go in blind over the weekend, should be plenty of time.

That's my opinion though, as long as the thread states clearly when unmarked spoilers are gonna happen then people can always stay clear.

I'd say until after the weekend. Since I assume a lot of people (including me) don't have the time to start the raid until friday/saturday at earliest. That gives groups the chance to go in blind over the weekend, should be plenty of time.

That's my opinion though, as long as the thread states clearly when unmarked spoilers are gonna happen then people can always stay clear.

OK, after the weekend, then.

Are there any people still looking for members to do the new raid with on Thursday or Friday?

I'll probably ask again throughout the week since it's 2 in the morning right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom