• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Stats for VoG from the guys who first beat it according to Reddit:

Total time: 10h43m30s
Kills: 5733
Precision Kills: 1388
Deaths: 1606
Successful Resurrections: 166
Avg K/D ratio: 3.59
Avg Lifespan: 2m22s

1,606 deaths. Tomorrow Guardian blood will rain and seep through the moon's interior.

Midas

Iam in team of 6, everyone is at level 30 with many VoG:s done. Tomorrow we are expecting many wipes and possibility that clearing the full raid might take more than few evenings.

Of course we are going blindly to it.

Yes, this is so true :).

Yeah, blind it is. I want to play it as soon as possible but it looks like we might have to wait until the evening. But, there will be some other content to play while waiting.

Midas

1,606 deaths. Tomorrow Guardian blood will rain and seep through the moon's interior.

I hadn't seen the stats earlier. Tomorrow, there will be blood. Yes indeed.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Holy shit, so many deaths. What?

Dreading the Wizards now :(

Mrgamer

They didnt have powerfull raid primaries like we do now.

Fatebringer and hawkmoon make the hard raid easy.

Hz is a baby horn that melts everything.

Voc chill and have a cuppa tea.

Icebraker was that a wizard?

ocean

Banned

Gorgon Maze going in blind must have been hell. It still causes a wipe or two in regular groups. Now imagine truly having no idea where the exit is. Or whether crouching was necessary. Whether jumping was an issue.

I'm sure they considered all sorts of crazy strategies (all invisible Hunters for this segment!) haha

X-Frame

And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe most, if not all of the first VoG clearers were under leveled.

Going into CE Normal with a group of 30's with raid primaries and Icebreakers and Horns, etc will make a huge difference compared to a group of 26's and 27's during the first week where everyone had basically 1 exotic item.

I don't think tomorrow it'll take 10 hours again to clear it but I'm guessing maybe 3-4 for the first day or two and then it'll drop significantly once people get the major strategies down.

ocean

Banned
And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe most, if not all of the first VoG clearers were under leveled.

Going into CE Normal with a group of 30's with raid primaries and Icebreakers and Horns, etc will make a huge difference compared to a group of 26's and 27's during the first week where everyone had basically 1 exotic item.

I don't think tomorrow it'll take 10 hours again to clear it but I'm guessing maybe 3-4 for the first day or two and then it'll drop significantly once people get the major strategies down.
FraserBaws - 28 Hunter Gunslinger
KingSmaals - 26 Titan Defender
McTwidget - 27 Titan Defender
nanowatts - 26 Hunter Gunslinger
psx-Yoshi - 28 Warlock Voidwalker
Des_Waffles - 28 Titan Defender

No stats on their weapon load out but I'm guessing 300/300/300 was rare back then. Well go into CE with more experience, better weapons and generally maxed upgrades.

World first im guessing will be half of VoG at most unless there's another crazy maze.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Gorgon Maze going in blind must have been hell. It still causes a wipe or two in regular groups. Now imagine truly having no idea where the exit is. Or whether crouching was necessary. Whether jumping was an issue.

I'm sure they considered all sorts of crazy strategies (all invisible Hunters for this segment!) haha

guarantee half were from gorgons

Yeah, they must've found the exit randomly only to wipe numerous times at the jumps. I really hope the new raid has some mindfuck sections that takes a while to figure out.

EL CUCO

I'm going to be soo tempted to watch the Prime Guard stream, while at work tomorrow.

Going to be strong for our blind run!

Mrgamer

Best option for this is to divide people in 3 groups 1st group looks for chests 2nd group looks for the firts part of puzzle and 3rd group of hunters go invisible and explore.

WipedOut

They're tied to experience; the more you play the more you get. They aren't RNG like Strange Coins

but we are also getting them after the first public event, engrams and during tiger strikes. It's hit or miss with the coins outside of the weekly. One week I had coins dropping constantly, now they seem non-exsistant.

TP-DK

But looking at the trailer it seems There will be a part where it's completely dark. I think thats going to contribute to the death number.

Jaeyden

Enable Raid matchmaking only for players who have completed a Raid. BAM, problem solved

They could possibly make it easier if they mixed pre-made groups with a matchmaking system. Call it LF1M.

We had a party of 5 one night and just spammed invites in the tower to get our 6th. It was an easy mode raid and we were 29's and 30's so we weren't too concerned. We got a 27 who had obviously never done the raid before based on his gear and he had no microphone. He caught on quick and just followed along. He must have been ecstatic when we finished off Atheon because he was dancing until we all left to orbit.

Daemul

I remember the group leader of the Raid team coming on a podcast and saying that their total death number was inflated because a lot of the deaths took place when the group was sitting around trying to figure out strategies on how to beat the bosses or something like that.

E92 M3

Not as fun for those of us who have to work all day tomorrow :)

For those of us who purchased the season pass, will it just start downloading when I turn on my PS4 tomorrow?

I am working as well, and will try to avoid this thread to be as fresh as possible for everything. And I think the majority of the DLC was already downloaded in the patch. We just need the activation key.

I really don't think people asking for raid matchmaking actually know what they're asking for.

The fact you're posting on GAF means you don't even need it. There are plenty of people on here raiding every day. And plenty of them would happily take someone who's never done it before. Just ask.
Yeah, if you're on PS4.

Lima

Okay so one thing I still don't understand. With the return of IB next week what kind of quality class will we be able to buy as far as items go?

Is is the same light level the vendors have or already the new hot shit stuff that is the same as raid gear and brings you very close to level 32?

I´m torn, i have two days off starting tomorrow, i can´t wait for TDB and i could play the shit of the new raid going in blind with gaf members if there is any group with free spots open as soon as the expansion is available after the reset, but some of my buds would be really pissed if i do that, on the other hand, half of those stopped playing destiny weeks ago and because of that, i couldn´t play the VOG as much as i wanted, there were plenty of days when they said they would play and didn´t show up, so i ended waiting and doing nothing, several of them have the season pass though...choices, choices

Jinjo

I'm going to be soo tempted to watch the Prime Guard stream, while at work tomorrow.

Going to be strong for our blind run!

I thought they were not gonna stream as not to divulge tactics to other raid groups in order to get world's first?

So when is the DLC going live? With the weekly refresh or at midnight for your respective time zone? Have they cleared up how the commendation tokens work? Is it only for vanguard and crucible rank ups you get them or for any faction?

They're tied to experience; the more you play the more you get. They aren't RNG like Strange Coins

I get lots of Motes of Light just from turning in blue engrams. They are seemingly RNG and experienced based.

I had a single lost item at the postmaster this morning which was a blue engram which resulted in a Mote of Light. Not a bad way to start a play session of Destiny.

Fallen is the reef raid so we will find out I guess in March or April 2015.

Cabal... I would like to see that... Lots of spongebob I think.

Ah, yeah, makes sense. From what I remember, the House of Wolves obeyed orders from Queen of the Reef but they betrayed her. I was actually thinking the Reef would make for a good raid setting, so that's cool.

Cabal... I would like to see that... Lots of spongebob I think.

Man, if there's any foe like Valus Ta'Aurc...

Trakan

The first raid had people who were underleveled, using weapons that weren't maxed, and they also probably didn't have the greatest weapons in general at the time (like exotics or raid primaries.)

I think this raid will be beaten much quicker.

ocean

Banned
I get lots of Motes of Light just from turning in blue engrams. They are seemingly RNG and experienced based.

I had a single lost item at the postmaster this morning which was a blue engram which resulted in a Mote of Light. Not a bad way to start a play session of Destiny.
You get a Mote for every 80k XP. I get more as RNG drops than through the "level up" after 20.

rNilla

Only one more sleep until new content and a brand new raid!

Hold me Rahool!
sFoWrSa.jpg

Deku Tree

So I was thinking... if you have three characters then you can get all of them close to the Vanguard level rep bump, and you can also hold a full set of completed Vanguard bounties, and then you could go over the rep bump tomorrow and look for a commendation. Doing that with three characters would get you three commendations.

Doing that also with Crucible at the same time would get you three Crucible commendations too early tomorrow morning.

If people are doing that, and if it works, then people can reach level 31 sometime tomorrow even... maybe you can put your commendations in the Vault, or maybe even if you can't then people running three characters of the same class can transfer their new armor in the vault... if that worked you could buy six pieces of level 31 armor tomorrow morning...

... is anyone doing that? (I just thought of it myself today so I am certainly not ready...)

forrest

formerly nacire
I missed the actual legendary cost being posted. Is it just one commendation?

I have 3 characters , with two close to vanguard level, one close to dead orbit level, a vanguard pack in the mail and tons of engrams ready to go. Also two capped vanguard marks characters.

That's the best I could do personally to prepare and I'm okay with that.

We will need at least one more alternate for the 10 AM Crota's End raid tomorrow. Here's what I have, posted in the other thread:

Macello - Titan - 30
gdt5016
Messiek
Rubenov25
Noomi85 - Hunter - 30
coyquettish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom