• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollocks

fuck I just grinded my 2nd char to 26 so I can run the nf twice.
it was only good for 1 week now it's back to the grind again ._.

You get a Mote for every 80k XP. I get more as RNG drops than through the "level up" after 20.

Yeah, I've had 3 Motes of Light pop from the Cryptarch from say 6-7 blue engrams on a single visit before which is why I hope they consider making it an "either/or" scenario regarding upgrading your existing Exotic gear through Xur and Exotic shards with Strange Coins. I hope they will at some point let you use either Motes of Light or Strange Coins.

I guess currently the only use of Motes of Light is cosmetic items and some use through the Iron Banner but I don't do competitive multiplayer (well, I'll dabble if needed for an Exotic weapon bounty) so I am not sure of the details there.

Lima

So I was thinking... if you have three characters then you can get all of them close to the Vanguard level rep bump, and you can also hold a full set of completed Vanguard bounties, and then you could go over the rep bump tomorrow and look for a commendation. Doing that with three characters would get you three commendations.

Doing that also with Crucible at the same time would get you three Crucible commendations too early tomorrow morning.

If people are doing that, and if it works, then people can reach level 31 sometime tomorrow even... maybe you can put your commendations in the Vault, or maybe even if you can't then people running three characters of the same class can transfer their new armor in the vault... if that worked you could buy six pieces of level 31 armor tomorrow morning...

... is anyone doing that? (I just thought of it myself today so I am certainly not ready...)

Well I know one thing. With 3 lvl 30 characters and the hard raid not available(the one thing I was looking forward to) I'm gonna poop on all of that new vendor gear and go straight for the new raid gear. I might go buy some vendor gear in January whenever they unlock the hard raid and I haven't gotten raid gear by then (which as Bungie promised should not happen).

I will re level most of my exotic armor and then concentrate on new weapons.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was conflicted about whether the raid should have matchmaking prior to playing it. I'm no longer conflicted: it would be an absolute clusterfuck. No one would have a good experience; exYle outlined it well.
Make it optional though. It's not a big deal for people who want to play in private groups.

Reposting for Excitement!!!

CROTAS END FIRST TIME RAID AT LAUNCH - 4AM EST TUESDAY DECEMBER 9TH

PS4: Cosmos_Man

1.Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
2. ComputerMkII - PSN: ComputerMkII - Level 30 Titan
3. Auto_aim1 - PSN: Kartik21 - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
4. R0ckman - PSN: arekkusu77 - Level 30 Hunter
5. Dhruv_hanom - PSN: Dhruv_Hanom - Level 30 Titan
6. hydruxo - PSN: hydruxxo - Level 30 Hunter

Alt(s):
1. toastyToast
2. a_javierp
3. Owlowiscious - Pikapuff

hydruxxo I am down for another one after this one! Gotta get all 3 classes I have through it!

SO PUMPED!

Not looking forward to getting nothing but shards and energy

Anyone want to run Nightfalls after the raid?

spyder_ur

How many timezones are in everyday use in the US?

I mean, among "normal" people, not Zulu army time or whatnot?

Do you learn the offsets is school or something?

There's 4, so three hours difference from the east coast to west.

And yes I learned it in school, I think?

All those delicious ranks ready to roll over. I'm sure I won't get anything for Dead Orbit rank 2 but I kept it anyway. Tons of bounties ready to go too, but I'll only submit enough to roll over in case I get something on the raid tomorrow.
BCqolKx.png

Manp

i need help with the Thorn bounty... if someone want to join i have to do the summoning pits strike and kill Xyor, but this shit is already getting on my nerves.

tnx

I was conflicted about whether the raid should have matchmaking prior to playing it. I'm no longer conflicted: it would be an absolute clusterfuck. No one would have a good experience; exYle outlined it well.

I agree 100% but I still think it should just have a warning.

"This content is intended for skilled groups that work together and communicate well. Failure to do so will result in frustration, Bungie recommends finding guardians you are comfortable with and forging an alliance to press forward" are you sure you want to continue with matchmaking.

Let people lose there heads and fail or succeed. What's the big deal?

Homeboyd

Had one drop, so this is our final line-up for the Xbone Raid tomorrow. Reserve spots still available, but I believe everyone has confirmed being available for this day/time:

Xbone Crota's End (Blind) Crew

GAF Name (GT)
1. Homeboyd (Homeboyd903) - 30 | Titan
2. E92 (Trance Addix) - 30 | Hunter
3. giggletoe (Toejam2501) - 30 | Warlock
4. Misterthirsty (Misterthirsty) - 30 | Titan
5. ghazi (ghazzarro) - 30 | Warlock
6. iceman829 (iceman829) - 30 Hunter

Reserves:
1. Victory Red (NJ Shlice) - 30 | Titan or Warlock

Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Time: 9:30 PM Eastern

Queue to join this group on b.net if you haven't already: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/380586

I found my first legendary fusion rifle last night, before now I have never used a fusion above a blue and prefered to use snipers and shotguns but a good fusion rifle is really nice for dealing damage against yellow health mobs, stacking the fusion damage with weapons of light is also really nice, it's amazing.

E92 M3

Had one drop, so this is our final line-up for the Xbone Raid tomorrow. Reserve spots still available, but I believe everyone has confirmed being available for this day/time:

GAF Name (GT)

Reserves:

Queue to join this group on b.net if you haven't already: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/380586

Dat class balance - so hyped to get this going tomorrow.

Lima

I found my first legendary fusion rifle last night, before now I have never used a fusion above a blue and prefered to use snipers and shotguns but a good fusion rifle is really nice for dealing damage against yellow health mobs, stacking the fusion damage with weapons of light is also really nice, it's amazing.

That's because fusion rifles don't have a damage penalty against majors and ultras. They are the best weapon to take down yellow enemies. Which is why the Mythoclast will be beast in the new raid.

My setup will be

Mythoclast
Praetorian Foil or Found Verdict
Corrective Measure

Zakalwe

Banned
I agree 100% but I still think it should just have a warning.

"This content is intended for skilled groups that work together and communicate well. Failure to do so will result in frustration, Bungie recommends finding guardians you are comfortable with and forging an alliance to press forward" are you sure you want to continue with matchmaking.

Let people lose there heads and fail or succeed. What's the big deal?

All the inherent problems that come with MM could turn off a lot of players. It could also reduce the potential pool of players looking for pre-mades.

There's no absolute reason to say no, but there are definite downsides to MM systems for experiences like these.

A party board in game is a much, much better idea. Somewhere you can stipulate requirements.

MM is mainly for loading up on awhim, the raid is not something you should play on a whim (well, veterans are fine but your average player: no). A party board would still have the prerequisite of putting a little commitment in to finding a group but that being within the game would make finding members much easier.

Even players with little time to play who can't plan ahead would be able to use this system when they find a few hours spare. It would be much better suited to the content than MM.

Should I use my marks before the expansion hits to buy legendary boots from vanguard? I've been stuck at 26 for a while and boots would put me at 27. I'd like to use my first commendation to buy a primary as opposed to boots.

Also I'd like to run VoG for the first time - can I do it at 26?

GAF Name (GT)

Reserves:

Lemme get a reserve spot.

GT: NJ Shlice

Level 30 Titan or Warlock. whatever we need.

hydruxo

Reposting for Excitement!!!

CROTAS END FIRST TIME RAID AT LAUNCH - 4AM EST TUESDAY DECEMBER 9TH

PS4: Cosmos_Man

1.Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
2. ComputerMkII - PSN: ComputerMkII - Level 30 Titan
3. Auto_aim1 - PSN: Kartik21 - Level 30 Titan, Warlock and Hunter
4. R0ckman - PSN: arekkusu77 - Level 30 Hunter
5. Dhruv_hanom - PSN: Dhruv_Hanom - Level 30 Titan
6. hydruxo - PSN: hydruxxo - Level 30 Hunter

Alt(s):
1. toastyToast
2. a_javierp
3. Owlowiscious - Pikapuff

hydruxxo I am down for another one after this one! Gotta get all 3 classes I have through it!

SO PUMPED!

Not looking forward to getting nothing but shards and energy

Anyone want to run Nightfalls after the raid?

I'm so ready. Thinking about streaming our run too.

Did something crazy... Did not play Destiny for more than 40 minutes a day this weekend.

It felt strange, but good.

I cannot wait for tomorrow though, back to the grindstone.

hibernating

You shouldn't be using it if the person you're trying to kill is far away.

Spec for max agility and use blink. Also use hungering blade to get health regen upon kill. Now slash your foes and enjoy easy mode super.

Thanks for the advice. I can't use Hungering Blade though, because it's the last ability I can unlock and I'm pretty much only playing Hunter so I can get its trophy...

Thanks for the advice. I can't use Hungering Blade though, because it's the last ability I can unlock and I'm pretty much only playing Hunter so I can get its trophy...

Hunter is a strange class... I played it for the same reason and then started to really like it during a random strike.. Something just clicked. Warlocks for life though.

It makes sense to do the nightfall first tomorrow, right? Give you a roll at an upgraded exotic or legendary, and makes the bounties I've been saving worth more.

Play more Skirmish for the smaller maps.

Nah, if you want lots of kills with arc blade you want to be sneaking up on control zones.
It makes sense to do the nightfall first tomorrow, right? Give you a roll at an upgraded exotic or legendary, and makes the bounties I've been saving worth more.

Yeah.

Always do Nightfall first unless you're planning to raid I suppose.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The raid will be active starting tomorrow? Why did I think it wasn't going to be live for a week after release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom