• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE DARK BELOW NIGHTFALL GROUP - FINAL ROSTER

I will be running Crota's End at 4am EST at reset tonight, afterwards I would like to run the Nightfall for all my level 30 characters (Titan, Hunter, Warlock).

Tuesday December 9th, 2014 at 1:00pm EST - PS4

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man
2. ComputerMKII - PSN: ComputerMKII
3. Union Carbine - PSN: UnionCarbine

I will send everyone a PSN group message after work today!

Everyone decided on what they will turn into Xur for upgrade first?

I should be at close to 100 coins by the time Xur gets here, so I'll upgrade whatever he brings. Hopefully he'll have a new exotic for me to buy as well. I'm just planning on those being the exotics I start building around (well and icebreaker my all time favorite). Hoping for truth or thunderlord. Really hope we can upgrade the Monte Carlo. I was messing around with it doing bounties this weekend. That's a fun weapon.

stb

So we only get commendations for levels of vanilla Vanguard and Crucible (i.e. NOT for NM, FWC, DO)?

I forgot to take off my FWC towel, so I've got that a few hundred from a level instead of vanilla Vanguard. =\

Samus4145

We need to get a gaf crucible train going sometime today. Leveling an alt would be much more fun that way...

This. I want to start a second character and only play Crucible. I did one match on a level 2 and got 2 PSN message from players on the other team reporting me for hacking.

It wasn't IB, so that doesn't make sense lol

WITHE1982

A light upgrade to my chest armor (Voidfang or Praxic Fire) would get me to Level 30 so that's what I'm hoping for. I want to play Crota's End and don't want to grind reputation with Eris for a week to make it happen.

As far as weapons go, Ice Breaker is the only one I'm looking to upgrade.

Is this confirmed (upgrading exotic armor will get you to level 30)?

I'm sitting on 117 light at the minute and still cannot get a raid helmet for love nor money. It would be great if I could hit level 30 with an upgrade and be able to do the new raid.

So we only get commendations for levels of vanilla Vanguard and Crucible (i.e. NOT for NM, FWC, DO)?

I forgot to take off my FWC towel, so I've got that a few hundred from a level instead of vanilla Vanguard. =\

We won't know 100% until tomorrow, but it seems like Vanguard and Crucible only. Since Factions take Crucible marks they will likely take Crucible commendations only as well.

I forgot to take off my FWC towel, so I've got that a few hundred from a level instead of vanilla Vanguard. =

See this I don't know. I would hope it would get a commendation, but it would make sense that it'd be a crucible one, which sucks because I don't play crucible. If they're introducing something as nonsensical as this, they should explain it in greater detail before it actually goes live.

Ambitious

Settled, won't be raiding 'til Friday. I'll spend the week grinding those damn Commendations. If possible I'd like to jump in at level 31! :) Either that or finally leveling my Hunter so I can run Weekly 3 times. Xûr might really stress me out if he brings more exotics than I can afford to upgrade since I'd have to wonder when he'd bring them again.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. It's going to be fun, I'm really excited.

Xur better be in the Tower tomorrow for an extended week.

Otherwise that is all of last week with no motivation to upgrade Exotics (well I did on Monday until the bullshit they pulled on Wednesday), and then Tuesday to Thursday this week as well.

A lot of wasted experience.

I'm sitting on 117 light at the minute and still cannot get a raid helmet for love nor money. It would be great if I could hit level 30 with an upgrade and be able to do the new raid.

Refreshed upgraded exotics should be capable of Light level 32 builds, so I bet they go to 36 light. Should be enough for any 29 to get to 30 with no other new gear.

Refreshed upgraded exotics should be capable of Light level 32 builds, so I bet they go to 36 light. Should be enough for any 29 to get to 30 with no other new gear.

They better be, otherwise the new exotic armour will be the only ones getting you to 32, therefore making them useless in a few weeks.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Confirmed? No. Logical? Yes.

But this is Destiny so....

Just got an ad on GAF telling me I get a free poster when I purchase the DLC from gamestop.

I want that poster, but already bought the ghost edition of the game. hmmm

Thanks Zoba and Math for the nightfall.

I managed to borrow someone's ps4 but the internet over here is very unstable, also don't have a mic with me.

Does anyone want to do 2x nightfall and 3x weekly strikes? I only have this ps4 for 2 days..

BrokenBox

Sorry if asked today or recently, but is there any deal in TDB besides the standard $35 price? I figure not since this is Activision, but I thought I'd check the day before.

LordofPwn

I really hope Xur's collection of items to buy (not upgrade) are all new this week and not just the upgraded version of previous ones.
I'm awaiting to buy sunbreakers, achliophage, armamentarium and suros. and to upgrade heart of praxic, thunderlord, MIDA, mask of the 3rd man. no backup plans, helm of saint-14, young spine, skull of dire, plan c, last word, truth, and invective

spyder_ur

I only really have one question I really want to know the answer to. Might've come up here but if so I missed it.

What is the starting and end light levels of vanguard/vendor gear? Trying to figure out if it's realistic to get to 30 tomorrow.

realcZk

I'm betting on Dragon's Breath being for sale this week. Book it, friends.

That RL looks really disappointing (gameplay wise, not cosmetically). A pretty regular RL with 2 in the mag, and it leaves behind a warlock solar grenade for a few seconds. I can't see it beating the ballerhorn.

X-Frame

That RL looks really disappointing (gameplay wise, not cosmetically). A pretty regular RL with 2 in the mag, and it leaves behind a warlock solar grenade for a few seconds. I can't see it beating the ballerhorn.

Unless the DoT on the solar flare is significant to warrant the unique perk and have a huge radius. Otherwise, yes I agree then the Horn will remain the king of RL's.

Manp

add me:

caine-chi

searching Manp gives 18505 players with names containing that string of letters, lol...

tnx

sent you a friend request if you're still available (PLEASE say you are!) :)
as far as i know we need to gex Phogot to 1/3 of life for Xyor to spawn, but of course not kill him

:)

zlatko

Banned
I'm honestly not a fan of how they did these changes. I haven't touched the game in like a month now.

Tomorrow my buddies want to hop on to mess with the new raid, etc. I told them about the changes to exotics and legendaries, and they all seem deflated to have to grind again in a sense for the stuff they already have. :/

I have a ton of legendary and exotic items I have made no use of that I stock piled so I'll be able to upgrade stuff relatively easy, minus the fact I have no money so I'll be broke as a joke trying to do this stuff with Xur.

Blah.

hydruxo

The first perk on it is for it to hold 3 shells. It depends how long the solar flare is active and if it just does the same amount of damage as a regular solar grenade or does more. I think it'll still be a pretty good RL. It's just probably not going to be the new Gjallarhorn.

Would've been perfect to cheese the Templar back in the day haha.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I would buy it just to be safe. The mistake I made buying Sunbreakers over Ballerhorn back in Week 2 haunts me to this day.

Ryhian

Anyone doing any raiding today on PS4? Looking to do HM (doesnt have to be fresh) with my hunter (lvl 30) or maybe take my 27 warlock for the first time in NM.

PSN: ryhian

realcZk

I would buy it just to be safe. The mistake I made buying Sunbreakers over Ballerhorn back in Week 2 haunts me to this day.

Yeah, I'll definitely be picking it up regardless, regret is not something I want to feel again after missing the gjallarhorn :(

The first perk on it is for it to hold 3 shells. It depends how long the solar flare is active and if it just does the same amount of damage as a regular solar grenade or does more. I think it'll still be a pretty good RL. It's just probably not going to be the new Gjallarhorn.

Would've been perfect to cheese the Templar back in the day haha.

haha, dragons breath would have been the go-to cheese rl

ocean

Banned
This. I got Inmost Light on week 2. Nobody really knew Horn was DPS king back then - people just thought it looked boss and had waited for it since the first pre release pictures of it leaked.

This sharklauncher might also be a surprise monster in disguise. I will definitely not pass it up, I learned my lesson.

My Ice Breaker needs 14 Coins (a Shard to upgrade and another to max it). I'd like to use 14 coins on my Armamentarium - it's a keeper.

Other than those I think I'd give new Exotics priority over my old ones. Maybe Hawkmoon or the Mythoclast would take precedence but God knows how Xûr will handle those two special cases of weapons he doesn't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom