• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Nice! What you playing first?

I'll only accept Tropical Freeze as an answer

Considering the games he purchased. They are all amazing and acceptable to play first lol :D

But yea... Tropical Freeze. Sogood.gif I plan on replaying it soon.

Hawkian may not touch TDB for a bit lol

Guys... Uh... I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

IlV7xKE.jpg

OxZPgE1.jpg

lcoiduz.jpg

Not to mention the armor. I think I have a problem.

spyder_ur

I only really have one question I really want to know the answer to. Might've come up here but if so I missed it.

What is the starting and end light levels of vanguard/vendor gear? Trying to figure out if it's realistic to get to 30 tomorrow.

Does anyone know this yet?

Hyun Sai

Well, after 11 raids cleared, I failed to drop any Warlock gloves.

I feel like this week is the start of another "Forever 31" season.... Hype !

Steroyd

Does that mean you won't be on at the reset tomorrow?

I guess everyone's all grouped up for the raid. ;_;

My usual group can't run it till the weekend and it's not definite. If anyone finds themselves down a man on ps4 I'm available tomorrow from launch.

psn: astropoff

Astro ask Boguester what the situation is with our group tomorrow, normally we have a core with a few additions, don't know who is a definite.

Ambitious

On the one hand, I'd rather avoid this thread just in case someone forgets to use spoiler tags. On the other hand, I don't mind details about the story missions, the new weapons and Eris' inventory. I just want to avoid reading anything related to the raid.

Zakalwe

Banned
Astro ask Boguester what the situation is with our group tomorrow, normally we have a core with a few additions, don't know who is a definite.

I sent him a PM, will hassle him later when I'm online.

Be great to run with you guys if you do end up wiuth space. I'm good to go from the moment it's released.

Namikaze1

You heard it here first folks... Nami is going to make Crota's ass a tribute to Sasha Grey's diverse film catalog.

And live stream no less....
and unlike some other sites you guys visit, it's free! You guys like free shit, right?

Nobody wants to see that, Nami. Think of the children.
These kids need to be given the talk sooner or later. It's best to do it sooner don't you think?

Mindlog

Everyone decided on what they will turn into Xur for upgrade first?
If the armor he is selling sucks then that. One for each class max.
Bad Juju if he has it.

A weapon or two to do a video testing a full perk exotic vs an upgraded patently better exotic.

Screw everything else. I have every exotic except Monte Carlo and HoPF. Won't upgrade or even use most of them.
Delphi is fun when you just play B the entire game.
Point B for show.
Point A for pros.

Never lost that map when holding Point A. Throw stuff at Point B for free kills when the time is right.

noomi

Anyone for a quick Nightfall right after reset tomorrow morning @ 4AM EST (PS4)? Need to run it twice actually if you are interested.

Let me know, let's knock those out before jumping into the new content ;)

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30
2. a_javierp - titan - level 30
3. ?

Namikaze1

So what are the rules regarding Dark Below spoilers? I haven't been following the thread this past weekend due PSX, work, pulling a muscle (shit fucking hurt!), Dragon Age, The Game Awards, and life.

Does that mean you won't be on at the reset tomorrow?

Yeah :/ won't be able to do the new raid with you guys. Already mention it to Boguester. I will be back next week tho.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Considering the games he purchased. They are all amazing and acceptable to play first lol :D

But yea... Tropical Freeze. Sogood.gif I plan on replaying it soon.

Hawkian may not touch TDB for a bit lol
let's just say thank god it's an off-week for gw2 patches. I haven't been in position for a gaming binge like this since the GW2 launch, and before that, Brawl

at some point tonight or tomorrow it's the inaugural Smash marathon with my buddy. Tomorrow I'll also be looking into the new strike and at least some of the new story missions (dat Murmur). Perhaps exploring if any new "open world" areas have been unlocked. And seeing whatever I can get up to with regard to kickstarting my baby titan toward 30 with new vendor gear... honestly, may actually wind up putting together another "ProBaby" VoG normal run tomorrow night, that is if I can get anyone to play it now that it'll be old news ;)

I will say this, I know i saw some people say they wish Xur would show up tomorrow to let people "get started grinding right away" or whatever, but I'm very glad he won't be there til the end of the week. Both for the sake of my own time and desire to focus on other things at first, and because it will force people to see how their current maxed exotics feel in the new content, which will hopefully invite more tactical decision-making about weapon upgrades.

of course, there is one constant. it has been mentioned, but I'm going to do it in bold anyway. if Xur offers Ice Breaker for upgrade this weekend, upgrade your Ice Breaker. It's the perfect candidate. Outside of that, armor is really the best bang for your shard. Light level has an inordinately higher impact on gameplay difficulty than Attack value.
Yeah pretty much haha. I'm just biased because I love DKC games.

Can't go wrong with either of those. Especially Smash!
Yeah I meant, because I won't play Smash/SM3D without my friend, Tropical Freeze will actually be what I boot up as soon as it arrives :D
Greeny_4.0 on Nintendo....Add me for some smash sometime.
will do!

So what are the rules regarding Dark Below spoilers? I haven't been following the thread this past weekend due PSX, work, pulling a muscle (shit fucking hurt!), Dragon Age, The Game Awards, and life.

In order to have spoilers there would need to be a story in the first place

BuzzJive

Is there any good way to report quitters as quitters? Once they quit, they're gone, which means I can't click on their names to report them.

So these 3 dudes [NAMES REDACTED] played us a pretty close Skirmish match. They out-gear us with high end hard mode raid gear, including the Mythocast. We lost our focus and lost the game. Next game, we made sure to communicate better and we were destroying them (you know - Strength of the Wolf style) at which point they quit.

In the one where we lost - we stayed to the end and graciously got danced upon - hoping for a rematch. In the one where we were crushing them - they quit. Their top dude usually has a 2.16 K/D and we had him at 0.75

These guys are real good. Are they quitting just to avoid getting trounced even further and eating in to their stats - or what? Why play this game so much and then be a sore loser?

ocean

Banned
Anyone for a quick Nightfall right after reset tomorrow morning @ 4AM EST (PS4)? Need to run it twice actually if you are interested.

Let me know, let's knock those out before jumping into the new content ;)

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30
2. ?
3. ?
I'm down. a_javierp. I have a 30 and a 29 to run with and since it'll be level 30 tomorrow there's no way I can do it without a team helping :)

Let's hope we get lucky with Exotic drops right out the gate to celebrate the expansions arrival.

Is there any good way to report quitters as quitters? Once they quit, they're gone, which means I can't click on their names to report them.

So these 3 dudes: (...) played us a pretty close Skirmish match. They out-gear us with high end hard mode raid gear, including the Mythocast. We lost our focus and lost the game. Next game, we made sure to communicate better and we were destroying them (you know - Strength of the Wolf style) at which point they quit.

In the one where we lost - we stayed to the end and graciously got danced upon - hoping for a rematch. In the one where we were crushing them - they quit. Their top dude usually has a 2.16 K/D and we had him at 0.75

These guys are real good. Are they quitting just to avoid getting trounced even further and eating in to their stats - or what? Why play this game so much and then be a sore loser?

Why naming specific people? We don't need witch hunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom