• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

LOOKING FOR A BLIND CROTA'S END RAID GROUP FOR TUESDAY DECEMBER 9TH @3:30PM PST / 11:30PM GMT ON PS4
t1418167800z4.png

Because some of us have to work I'd like to get a group together for doing this after i get home from work tomorrow. it's a perfect timeslot for other's in the midwest and even those on the east coast that would like to do some of the story missions before hand.

Anyways let's fill it up!

1. LordofPwn - lvl 30 Sunsinger (G-Horn, IB, FB, Vex, etc.)
2. DairyZeus - lvl 30 Defender (Hawk, IB, ThunderLord, Vex, etc)
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Alt 1. OPEN
Alt 2. OPEN
Alt 3. OPEN

Estimated runtime of 4 Hours
Anybody? Need 4 brave guardians

Exactly! There are matches where I swear there are grenades on B for 95% of the game time.

No need to strain your eyes. It's a fun map.

Yes, there is always action going on in the center area and if you want a breather, the heavy ammo spawns nearby.
When that heavy ammo does spawn, things get extra hilarious. Choose an angle and just start shooting off Gjallarhorn rounds. Sometimes it's just fun to see if I can sprint through that room and live to tell the tale.
I wouldn't even say point B.

Step 1. camp outside the window leading to point C.

Step 2. Profit.
I have no idea why this tactic still works 3 months later. That entire circular hallway is just a thing of beauty. What a fantastically stupid map.

Steroyd

So what are the rules regarding Dark Below spoilers? I haven't been following the thread this past weekend due PSX, work, pulling a muscle (shit fucking hurt!), Dragon Age, The Game Awards, and life.

Seems there's more interest in the raid being spoiled than the story missions lol.

Yeah :/ won't be able to do the new raid with you guys. Already mention it to Boguester. I will be back next week tho.

That sucks, on the bright side I doubt we'll have all our characters done before Wednesday lol.

Firebase Delphi is one of the most amazing fuckshits I've ever experienced in my life. Point B is something truly special and very dear to my heart. I hope it never changes.

The map is hopelessly imbalanced in Control, but point B is God-tier carnage. I put up with the shortcomings because that is so much fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So what are the rules regarding Dark Below spoilers? I haven't been following the thread this past weekend due PSX, work, pulling a muscle (shit fucking hurt!), Dragon Age, The Game Awards, and life.
If the story contains anything worth spoiling whatsoever, and I imagine you'd know it when you see it, please do use spoiler tags for it. I don't expect much concern there though.

For the benefit of blind raiders, please spoiler tag any discussion of Crota's End encounters, mechanics, successful strategies, and/or lore within until 12/16 (one week from tomorrow).
Hawkian, did you see my PM? What did you think?
That's fantastic. Way further "out" than I would have ever thought to go, but looks totally viable for a flawless hard attempt if anyone were sadistic enough to try such a thing.

I'm pretty sure that in terms of pure speed though, my "skyway" method actually smokes your 2mins 14s. ;)

noomi

I'm down. a_javierp. I have a 30 and a 29 to run with and since it'll be level 30 tomorrow there's no way I can do it without a team helping :)

Let's hope we get lucky with Exotic drops right out the gate to celebrate the expansions arrival.

Awesome man, I'll be on right after reset; added you to the list. If you remember I couldn't add you as a friend before... that weird PSN issue... , so I'll send you another FR :)

Anastasis

Sounds good. So our group is:

GhaleonEB
Dax
border
Anastasis
Dan Miller (world designer, Bungie)
Lars Bakken (MP designer, Bungie)

Start time is 8:30 PST / 11:30 EST. I'll send our FR's to the folks here in just a bit.

Thanks so much! Was a blast playing with the people who made the game. Quite the honor. Still can't believe it!

Hope you had a good first time with the raid. It can be overwhelming, but we got it done!

If the story contains anything worth spoiling whatsoever, and I imagine you'd know it when you see it, please do use spoiler tags for it. I don't expect much concern there though.

For the benefit of blind raiders, please spoiler tag any discussion of Crota's End encounters, mechanics, successful strategies, and/or lore within until 12/16 (one week from tomorrow).

That's fantastic. Way further "out" than I would have ever thought to go, but looks totally viable for a flawless hard attempt if anyone were sadistic enough to try such a thing.

I'm pretty sure that in terms of pure speed though, my "skyway" method actually smokes your 2mins 14s. ;)

Spoiler: Hive is bad, hive tries to awaken their god Crota, Eris (sole survivor of a raid against him) sends you on a quest for some McGuffin till you're allowed go all the way down the Hellmouth and finish the job

Really, I wouldn't expect anything more than that.

ocean

Banned
Awesome man, I'll be on right after reset; added you to the list. If you remember I couldn't add you as a friend before... that weird PSN issue... , so I'll send you another FR :)
Perfect, I'll be on right at reset too. I'm up for Nightfall x2 and then maybe we can do Weeklies for coins or try out the new missions or strikes for fun? Up to you and whoever joins us as a third.

I wanna start off with Nightfall though for the XP bonus and roll at exotics.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think I'm in love with the Queen of the Reef and Lakshmi-2 (the Future War Cult vendor). Their voices are so soothing. Adorable.

I love Lakshmi-2 when she comes on when you do a patrol mission for
Always love the "Keep this Quiet" line, like this is some spec-ops hush hush mission

Also love Dead Orbit Arach Jalaal line "These creatures stand between us and the stars", always gets me hyped to go murder shit on behalf of Peter Stormare

Namikaze1

I can't wait to read the Dark Below Grimoire cards. I'm gonna be pulling crazy theories left and right like I did with Kabr and the Vault.

I still think that crazy bastard sent the Exo Stranger to aid us.

Jinjo

Perfect, I'll be on right at reset too. I'm up for Nightfall x2 and then maybe we can do Weeklies for coins or try out the new missions or strikes for fun? Up to you and whoever joins us as a third.

I'm down for a few Nightfall's and weekly heroics at reset. Have about two hours from reset ' till I have to go to work. Have both of you on my fl, so just send me an invite if you need a third tomorrow.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Spoiler: Hive is bad, hive tries to awaken their god Crota, Eris (sole survivor of a raid against him) sends you on a quest for some McGuffin till you're allowed go all the way down the Hellmouth and finish the job

Really, I wouldn't expect anything more than that.
Like I said, I expect nothing in regard to narrative. Even what you've written here reflects a more coherent storyline than that which is actually presented in Vanilla Destiny.

A lot of people have expressed a desire to make it into the new raid with everything still being a surprise though, and I do expect that to be worthwhile. I managed to get into the Vault without having seen a single second of video showing it, and it was incredibly rewarding. I'd love to have even less foreknowledge this time around.
Are any sniper rifles one shot kills to the body?
I was gonna say, lol

Coconut

Banned
I can't wait to read the Dark Below Grimoire cards. I'm gonna be pulling crazy theories left and right like I did with Kabr and the Vault.

I still think that crazy bastard sent the Exo Stranger to aid us.

Is there a decent Destiny lore series on youtube or anything that kind of orders the stuff? I like the Grimoire cards just for the mood they set but It's doesn't do a good job at lining up the info.

Jinjo

Are any sniper rifles one shot kills to the body?

Snipers should never be one-shot kill to the body. The bolt-action time on No Land Beyond is atrocious though. It's incredible slow. The increased reload speed perk better affect that too. We finally got rid of all the horrible exotics, we don't need new ones.

noomi

Sounds like a plan dude. My Crota raid doesn't start until 10AM so I want to get as much done as possible prior to that. If time allows I'll try to get a quick run of VoG-HM in as well.

Also... Nightfalls are going to be level 30 starting tomorrow, right? I would assume the same goes for weeklies... having a level 30 weekly now for a total of 12 coins?

exYle

I'm sure this Pantheon gameplay has been posted...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCmNmQ3cNao

But wow. New Exotic sniper is horrible. Not even one-shot kill in PvP to the body.

Yeah, this needs to be a one-shot kill - at least to the upper torso. There'd be so many ways to counter it even if it was a OSK.

"Exotics should feel overpowered"

Or, they could get rid of the bolt action stuff, make the weapon a close-to-mid range sniper with a 2sk.

Like I said, I expect nothing in regard to narrative. Even what you've written here reflects a more coherent storyline than that which is actually presented in Vanilla Destiny.

A lot of people have expressed a desire to make it into the new raid with everything still being a surprise though, and I do expect that to be worthwhile. I managed to get into the Vault without having seen a single second of video showing it, and it was incredibly rewarding. I'd love to have even less foreknowledge this time around.

I was gonna say, lol

Sure, no problem. I'll mark anything spoilery

phen0m24

Yeah but that's a team of guys totally locked in with their jumps. Even the first few times we did it somebody's jump was all screwed up, someone didn't crouch, lol.

But imagine newbies. OK guys, just follow. Just run. You'll be fine.

:)

No, but this one should be.

Snipers should never be one-shot kill to the body. The bolt-action time on No Land Beyond is atrocious though. It's incredible slow. The increased reload speed perk better affect that too. We finally got rid of all the horrible exotics, we don't need new ones.
Well hopefully the upgrades help somewhat, but I do think not having a scope is actually a good thing. It shouldn't be too hard landing headshots.

Zakalwe

Banned
Because its bolt action, rate of fire is horrendous, reload is slow, no scope, just iron sights.

I figured it would have something about it that made it worth using.

Primary slot.

Being able to pair with a special weapon of choice requires some balance itself.

Might be worth taking with a shotgun or a FR.

exYle

Well hopefully the upgrades help somewhat, but I do think not having a scope is actually a good thing. It shouldn't be too hard landing headshots.

Did you see the gameplay? The scope jumps all over when getting shot at.

We saw NLB in the strike and now in Crucible. It has no utility whatsoever right now.

Stubo

So I snapped and bought the season pass today.

I know that I am part of the problem, I can only hope that the raids are incredible.

Anyone else playing on Xbone taking the plunge?

E92 M3

Sounds like a plan dude. My Crota raid doesn't start until 10AM so I want to get as much done as possible prior to that. If time allows I'll try to get a quick run of VoG-HM in as well.

Also... Nightfalls are going to be level 30 starting tomorrow, right? I would assume the same goes for weeklies... having a level 30 weekly now for a total of 12 coins?

I hope they increase the coin count for level 30, but I seriously doubt that Bungie will be generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom