• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
no such thing
If you don't enjoy it then what do you care anyway? :p

"Increased Precision damage. Kills briefly increase damage against next target."

Sounds like it's got pretty serious potential, though primarily in PvE I guess.

The main appeal will be the ability to build around having it as a primary.
inc cod quickscopers
I think Zoba has proven that quickscoping isn't out of the realm of possibility in Destiny as is o_o and you could run two snipers with this...

Got all three of my Titans with:

- Vanguard rep less than 100 away from next level
- a total of five Cryptarch packages waiting in the mail
- lots of bounties ready to turn in
- one legendary engram in the bank (boots
- one Invective bounty ready to turn in to complete it
- a few exotic shards
- max glimmer

I'm ready!

TP-DK

Theres a Destiny maintenance in 2000 minutes apparently. Just got the message in the game.

Bungie, y u no write it in hours?

Got all three of my Titans with:

- Vanguard rep less than 100 away from next level
- a total of five Cryptarch packages waiting in the mail
- lots of bounties ready to turn in
- one legendary engram in the bank (boots
- one Invective bounty ready to turn in to complete it
- a few exotic shards
- max glimmer

I'm ready!

Destiny DLC Preppers™

Did you see the gameplay? The scope jumps all over when getting shot at.

We saw NLB in the strike and now in Crucible. It has no utility whatsoever right now.
Yeah I saw it. The iron sights are obnoxious as fuck.
But I'm just hoping. I'm also not one to judge a weapon without putting in my own time. I remember when everyone was shitting on Thorn and Super Good Advice and I found both guns to be immediately amazing after upgrading them.

No Land Beyond is looking godawful though.

Strider

Will there be an update on our end as well or just in game? I assumed we had already downloaded all the data needed for the expansion it just needs to be unlocked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah but that's a team of guys totally locked in with their jumps. Even the first few times we did it somebody's jump was all screwed up, someone didn't crouch, lol.

But imagine newbies. OK guys, just follow. Just run. You'll be fine.

:)
Awwwww but like showing newbies my way and making fun of them when they get spotted :D

Cyros

So I snapped and bought the season pass today.

I know that I am part of the problem, I can only hope that the raids are incredible.

Anyone else playing on Xbone taking the plunge?

I'm really close to jumping on it too.

When does the DLC unlock tonight?

I'm sure this Pantheon gameplay has been posted...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCmNmQ3cNao

But wow. New Exotic sniper is horrible. Not even one-shot kill in PvP to the body.

At first I read your post and thought, "Why would it be one shot...kinda weird to complain about...no snipers are one shot in this game."

After watching that gameplay though...yikes. I can't imagine anything redeeming about that gun. Takes up an exotic slot. Takes up a primary slot. And it has a slower kill time than just a regular sniper. Not sure what is going on there, or maybe I misunderstand its utility somehow.

Edit: I'm talking about PvP, by the way. I can see potential for PvE.

jaaz

So, after weeks and weeks of raiding hard/normal and no Warlock gloves, last night, on my last VoG raid before the expansion, I get not one, but two glove drops back to back.

This game, I tell you... lol.

raindoc

Attention!

Destiny servers will undergo maintenance in 3000 minutes.

Wut?

Lol maintenance in 2000 minutes. Or was that 20.00 minutes?

And cool, a patch.

Theres a Destiny maintenance in 2000 minutes apparently. Just got the message in the game.

Bungie, y u no write it in hours?

it's bugged. when the exotic patch rolled out last week, I got a 4000 minutes message, today 2000. restart happened almost instantly in both cases.

Matchew

I know that I am part of the problem, I can only hope that the raids are incredible.

Yep bought it yesterday add me if you like to do some weeklies/raids: bevo0845

The nightfall and weekly might be the DLC strike (the non-PS exclusive one.) Has anyone considered that? Yes, it's a lockout, but why shouldn't they do that to encourage adoption?

JoeTonic

Neo Member
I know this sounds terrible, but does anyone else think that the problem with this DLC is that there's only one Raid?

Bungie can't lock off the only raid to the elite players because people who buy the DLC do deserve access to what they paid for, but at the same time it means the biggest, most exciting part of the DLC is going to be finished in a day, meaning that players have to look for other things to do. Things like grinding up their already maxed exotics in preparation for...a slightly harder version of the Raid they already did?

I dunno, just feels like this DLC isn't going to have that exciting thing to work towards that the release version did - but maybe the hard raid will cover that. I guess it just depends how different they make it.

So, after weeks and weeks of raiding hard/normal and no Warlock gloves, last night, on my last VoG raid before the expansion, I get not one, but two glove drops back to back.

This game, I tell you... lol.

Ran hard mode on my hunter last week, needing only chest to hit 30. Got boots and gloves. Troll'd.

I hate dlc region locking.

Even though I have the digital guardian edition, I can't access the expansion because now I have a different region game disc (I'm away from home).

Next gen :(

Rhaegar

I'm all in. I have a level 29 Titan that I'm hoping to get Crota-worthy in short order when the new Vanguard gear hits. Anyone here on XB1 can feel free to add me and invite whenever they see me online. My gamertag is: Ev0lved1

I'm also starting an XB1 specific clan to help with organizing raids, weeklies, PVP etc. The clan name is Evolution Disciples and anyone on DestinyGAF on XB1 can feel free to join.

phen0m24

Awwwww but like showing newbies my way and making fun of them when they get spotted :D

Oh don't worry, that happened too. when we got down in the tunnel guys were meleeing each other and throwing grenades, ahem attracting "attention." And the dude who went on his own got spotted. LOL

We had to do it twice LOL

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
LOLWAT?
iZFbqCJ.jpg

50 hours?

hEist

Patch Notes:

1.1.0.1 : The one to pave the way for The Dark Below.

Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will become available for download by players on December 9th at 1AM Pacific time. Before it arrives, this update will support the delivery of new content.

The Dark Below
General bug fixes to content features in The Dark Below

Activities
Increased challenge levels for the following:
Daily Heroic Story
Weekly Heroic Strike
Weekly Nightfall Strike

Players who need to level up to successfully complete featured missions at new difficulty levels will find what they need to upgrade their characters in the Tower. As part of Expansion I, vendors will be equipped with more powerful weapons and gear. These items will be available for acquisition by all players.

Patch Notes:
Players who need to level up to successfully complete featured missions at new difficulty levels will find what they need to upgrade their characters in the Tower. As part of Expansion I, vendors will be equipped with more powerful weapons and gear. These items will be available for acquisition by all players.

Thanks for posting. Does this mean new gear is now purchasable?

Coconut

Banned
Patch Notes:
"Players who need to level up to successfully complete featured missions at new difficulty levels will find what they need to upgrade their characters in the Tower. As part of Expansion I, vendors will be equipped with more powerful weapons and gear. These items will be available for acquisition by all players."
level 30 without the work. RNGesus has made me feel like a tool with this.

Zakalwe

Banned
So it looks like only Vanguard and Crucible get actual new armor that looks different. Not only that, but Crucible is a literal reskin of Vanguard armor, but it's just a different color.

Dead Orbit, etc will get the same armor except it's updated for level 32.

That's pretty lame.

That's terrible, actually. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom