• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyros

I'm all in. I have a level 29 Titan that I'm hoping to get Crota-worthy in short order when the new Vanguard gear hits. Anyone here on XB1 can feel free to add me and invite whenever they see me online. My gamertag is: Ev0lved1

I'm also starting an XB1 specific clan to help with organizing raids, weeklies, PVP etc. The clan name is Evolution Disciples and anyone on DestinyGAF on XB1 can feel free to join.

Sent you a friend request.

GT: EtherealVortex

same rewards.
RP1F8ep.jpg

wait what

So it looks like only Vanguard and Crucible get actual new armor that looks different. Not only that, but Crucible is a literal reskin of Vanguard armor, but it's just a different color.

Dead Orbit, etc will get the same armor except it's updated for level 32.

That's pretty lame.

wtf is the point of factions. Damn Bungie.

exYle

So it looks like only Vanguard and Crucible get actual new armor that looks different. Not only that, but Crucible is a literal reskin of Vanguard armor, but it's just a different color.

Dead Orbit, etc will get the same armor except it's updated for level 32.

That's pretty lame.

DO THE TITANS GET FURRY ARMOR?

Will I get better drops for doing the level 30 nightfall if I already did the level 28?

Looking for some other level 30 to knock it out now, PSN: Darryl_M_R

In case anyone here has a slow connection like me, I advise you to keep your PS4 in Rest mode when you're not playing just in case. Don't want to have to download a long update when you could be playing the new raid!

Sullichin

Factions are really poorly implemented. I never saw a reason to go with a faction with how the rewards work. Pretty disappointing that the new armor is the same. Ranking a faction has to be one of the biggest waste of times in the whole game.

I know this sounds terrible, but does anyone else think that the problem with this DLC is that there's only one Raid?

Bungie can't lock off the only raid to the elite players because people who buy the DLC do deserve access to what they paid for, but at the same time it means the biggest, most exciting part of the DLC is going to be finished in a day, meaning that players have to look for other things to do. Things like grinding up their already maxed exotics in preparation for...a slightly harder version of the Raid they already did?

I dunno, just feels like this DLC isn't going to have that exciting thing to work towards that the release version did - but maybe the hard raid will cover that. I guess it just depends how different they make it.

I understand what you're saying.

When the Vault of Glass came out I didn't go anywhere near it because I wanted to at least be a 28 to tackle it and it took me time to even play it.

We will be playing this raid day one, be experts at it within a few weeks.... then what?

noomi

Anyone for a quick Nightfall right after reset tomorrow morning @ 4AM EST (PS4)? Need to run it twice actually if you are interested.

Let me know, let's knock those out before jumping into the new content ;)

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30
2. a_javierp - titan - level 30
3. ?

I would really like some Destiny stats...hearing that Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo alone have racked up 435 million kills in 3 months is mind blowing. Would love to know more info.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Weekly and NF are still showing Level 28 for me. I see the Daily at 30.

The gap between 26 and 30 for Weekly and Daily is a bit unfriendly I have to say.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus fuck, talk about leveling the playing field, at Daily Heroic 28 and you being 30 you had a 2 level worth of Defense upgrade to save yo' ass and take risks and survive, not anymore!

Time to get to 32 ASAP to get back the 2 level advantage!

Made a similar post in the Crota thread, but I still need people who'll be ready for the Crota Raid later tonight

Crota's End Blind Raid (Tuesday at 4am EST) (PS4)

1. Me (Level 30 Hunter) (Lazykarl24)
2. westtrade (Level 30 Titan)

Reserves

Let me know if you want in

Factions are really poorly implemented. I never saw a reason to go with a faction with how the rewards work. Pretty disappointing that the new armor is the same. Ranking a faction has to be one of the biggest waste of times in the whole game.

I liked it with dark orbit as the armor was nice looking at the start of the game, some of their weapons given on ranking up have been nice but otherwise yeah, vanguard are a lot better in the long run.

With the new reccomendation system i'll never get cool loot from dark orbit now, legendarys with random perks are better then shop bought presets.

I thought they would keep 28 still, huh. Man, I totally forgot about the level increase. So much for Hawkian and I carrying each other's Titans through NF and Weekly...

Pickman

Boss caught me on Destiny GAF today and I got in a torrent of shit for it so no more Pickman on during the work day.

On the plus side last night I got my raid chest and gloves so once I get those leveled up I'll finally be 60.

pfft why add a lvl 30 one with better reward on top of the 28 one when you can just make it harder with no bonus shit

Maybe the chance for a legendary engram is higher? I know some have said here they got one from doing the 30 and I just watched a streamer do it twice and got a legendary engram both times.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Makes sense. The new Vendor gear just resets the baseline. 30 is the new 28. Any player not yet 30 at end game with a modest investment could hit 30 this week, maybe next.

It makes it seem like the commendations will be retroactive. I might grind marks today just to be on the safe side. I would love to wake up tomorrow and be able to buy a Level 30+ helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom