• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

I liked it with dark orbit as the armor was nice looking at the start of the game, some of their weapons given on ranking up have been nice but otherwise yeah, vanguard are a lot better in the long run.

With the new reccomendation system i'll never get cool loot from dark orbit now, legendarys with random perks are better then shop bought presets.
I've gotten rewards from every faction from just Crucible / Vanguard. Are your drops even limited to one faction if you stick with one?

If they each just simply had cool shaders and class items I could purchase at level 3 with glimmer I'd probably bother ranking one.

E92 M3

If they didn't increase the rewards for the daily, I doubt they would have for the weekly. Though, the NF should have a new pool of items.

I've gotten rewards from every faction from just Crucible / Vanguard. Are your drops even limited to one faction if you stick with one?

If they each just simply had cool shaders and class items I could purchase at level 3 with glimmer I'd probably bother ranking one.

I remember hearing that if you get a faction rank to 5 or so you get a shader in the mail, but I honestly don't remember.

You can still get rewards from other factions, I just choose to stick with dark orbit with my titan because i'm already at level 4, my warlock has vanguard though.

Annoyingly to buy dead orbit stuff you need crucibe marks and since my vanguard is so low on my titan, up until last week the vanguard points went to waste but now I just use them for materials.

rNilla

Yes. As well as higher level legendaries and current exotics.

I'm talking about the coins though. I expect it to still be 9 coins from the weekly.

Sure. I imagine if they gave more rewards they'd have to just raise the price on everything to compensate as more players become 30-32 and start swimming in coins (I'm already swimming in coins which I'm sure will change soon with exotic upgrading).

So it looks like only Vanguard and Crucible get actual new armor that looks different. Not only that, but Crucible is a literal reskin of Vanguard armor, but it's just a different color.

Dead Orbit, etc will get the same armor except it's updated for level 32.

That's pretty lame.

Wut?

I expect every new piece of armour to actually be ahem *NEW*

Especially when I'm paying 35quid for it.....

LOL

BokehKing

Banned
So will this only download at 4 am est, can I preload it, what's the deal? I may wake up early to play since I couldn't get off work tomorrow

Maledict

It does seem from all we have heard that being level 30 when the expansion launches isn't really going to help you significantly in any way, unless you want to raid on the very first night.

With the new vendor gear taking you to level 31, assuming you get a commendation per rank level most people should be hitting 30 / 31 very rapidly if they have the marks. in terms of levelling up, 31 is the new 29 and the changes just mean that folks will hit 26 a lot faster than they did previously I think?

LordofPwn

Hey did you see my response to the other thread. I hope you will be down for having me along.

Level 30 Hunter PSN: Darryl_M_R (VOC, IB, Vex, FB, raid machine gun, etc)
Added! i was just about to check the other thread, but thanks for coming in here.

4 hours? Seems optimistic.
1st time i did VOG it only took 4 hours but i did watch some (not all) of the raid before hand. i just figure we're smart enough to get through it in 4 hours, plus thats like all the time i figure most people would have. just shoot stuff in the face, unless shooting them in the face makes them mark you with something that kills the group. then dont shoot those things, sneak around them.

I wouldn't like to commit to that only to find another group in the meantime and let you down. Thanks for the offer though. :)

Just saw your PM and will respond in a minute but wanted to make sure you know you had a spot on our team right at the reset time (4am EST). Cyborg is the only one missing in action right now.

anyone interested in a quick hard raid?

I can hop on and help out if you are trying to get it going now.

So I snapped and bought the season pass today.

I know that I am part of the problem, I can only hope that the raids are incredible.

Anyone else playing on Xbone taking the plunge?

Bought the Ghost edition so i'm in.

No regrets, love this damn game. Even when I hate it, i love it.

This must be how my GF feels.

Added! i was just about to check the other thread, but thanks for coming in here.

1st time i did VOG it only took 4 hours but i did watch some (not all) of the raid before hand. i just figure we're smart enough to get through it in 4 hours, plus thats like all the time i figure most people would have. just shoot stuff in the face, unless shooting them in the face makes them mark you with something that kills the group. then dont shoot those things, sneak around them.
Yeah hopefully you're right, unless there's some gorgon maze shit going on in this one too, haha.

Shito

It does seem from all we have heard that being level 30 when the expansion launches isn't really going to help you significantly in any way, unless you want to raid on the very first night.
If you wish to run the nightfall as soon as possible, as you should every week, being 30 is pretty important.
I know I'll suffer as a 29...

I have a love hate relationship with this game. But it is getting me through a really dark time during my divorce. I am starting to get sick of the complaints about the game. Mind you they are valid I just feel that if a person doesn't like something why spend the time and effort to complain about it on the internet... just stop dealing with the game and move on.

Hell I am bitter towards a lot of design philosophies and directions Bungie has taken with this project. But I also keep in mind that my life would be far more messy and shitty if I didn't have a time sink like Destiny to get me through the rough times.

The Dark Below is coming out in just the right time. I am looking forward to some fresh things to lust after and a new raid to play with.

The only thing better than Destiny right now is the ridiculousness of DestinyGAF. Every time I think I am obsessed coming in here is a breath of fresh air after realizing how much worse people have the Destiny addiction than me.

On a lighter note how long do you think the Crota raid will take for the first group to beat?

My money is on 8 hours.

BokehKing

Banned
So I'm level 27-28 on two classes, will these new story missions help me reach 30 with out needing a boatload of ascendant shards? Or will story/cryptarch rewards be worthless?

I feel like the light level should really be 34 but I guess that would mean by give would need to implement and create a lot more armor

Deku Tree

Are news outlets getting to play the DLC now? Or do they have to wait until it is released like everyone else? Is there a review embargo?

I have a love hate relationship with this game. But it is getting me through a really dark time during my divorce. I am starting to get sick of the complaints about the game. Mind you they are valid I just feel that if a person doesn't like something why spend the time and effort to complain about it on the internet... just stop dealing with the game and move on.

If every Destiny player with a valid complaint did that then the game would be a barren wasteland. Complaints get things fixed/changed, usually for the better.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Weekly rewards are almost certainly going to stay the same. I was hoping they would add Level 30 challenges on top of the pre-existing difficulties but it looks they're just straight up replacing Level 28 challenges.

Just realized my Level 26 Hunter who exists solely for me to do Weekly and Nightfall's twice just became obsolete. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom