• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

Yeah hopefully you're right, unless there's some gorgon maze shit going on in this one too, haha.

I feel like it will be more of a Flood of enemies, blindness, no super areas, and killing bigger things before they summon or cast spells. so focusing fire and assessing threats. excited to hopefully see some new enemy types.

boofa

Neo Member
So I'm level 27-28 on two classes, will these new story missions help me reach 30 with out needing a boatload of ascendant shards? Or will story/cryptarch rewards be worthless?

I feel like the light level should really be 34 but I guess that would mean by give would need to implement and create a lot more armor

If RNGesus blesses you with new 30 legendary gear quickly, you'll still need shards/energy to level it all. You'll need 4 pieces to hit 30 (I assume since that's the deal with raid gear). So assuming the numbers match up, you'll need 7x3 for each piece. Or you can use commendations to buy the new legendary stuff, but still need the shards to get to 30. I hope you've been saving up.

Bollocks

goddamnit I feel like an idiot.
grinded my warlock and my 2nd hunter to 26 so I can do the nf 3x, guess what they up it to 30. Could have seen that coming but still...
Whats worse is I upgraded my 2nd hunters gear just enough for 26 so I don't have to gear swap anymore..... will still have to gearswap for the foreseeable future. On top of that I wasted all my shards for nothing, should have waited for the new gear.

Dave1988

I'm really suprised that anyone thought that the updated lvl 30 daily / weekly / nightfall would give out better rewards than the old 28 stuff. This is Bungie we're talking about here. It'll take another 2 months of them "listening" to the community before they do anything about it. If at all.

That'd be horrible, it's already underpowered for PVE.

Yeah. No crit damage makes it pretty much useless for bosses so it is really only effective for clearing out trash mobs. Guess that isn't unique to hunters, but hunters are the only class that has BOTH subclasses with a super effectively useless against bosses and not insanely effective elsewhere either.

Fist of Havoc is an effective group clearing super, and Ward of Dawn is a must have utility.

Radiance allowing the player to come back to life can be make or break in encounters, and Nova Bomb is a massive AoE damage dealer.

Golden gun? Knock out a few trash mobs. Bladedancer? Have fun getting pimp slapped.

grinded my warlock and my 2nd hunter to 26 so I can do the nf 3x, guess what they up it to 30. Could have seen that coming but still...
Whats worse is I upgraded my 2nd hunters gear just enough for 26 so I don't have to gear swap anymore..... will still have to gearswap for the foreseeable future. On top of that I wasted all my shards for nothing, should have waited for the new gear.
Appropriate post considering your name.

I have a love hate relationship with this game. But it is getting me through a really dark time during my divorce. I am starting to get sick of the complaints about the game. Mind you they are valid I just feel that if a person doesn't like something why spend the time and effort to complain about it on the internet... just stop dealing with the game and move on.

Hell I am bitter towards a lot of design philosophies and directions Bungie has taken with this project. But I also keep in mind that my life would be far more messy and shitty if I didn't have a time sink like Destiny to get me through the rough times.

The Dark Below is coming out in just the right time. I am looking forward to some fresh things to lust after and a new raid to play with.

The only thing better than Destiny right now is the ridiculousness of DestinyGAF. Every time I think I am obsessed coming in here is a breath of fresh air after realizing how much worse people have the Destiny addiction than me.

On a lighter note how long do you think the Crota raid will take for the first group to beat?

My money is on 8 hours.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through dark times from your divorce. I also use gaming, and for the last 3 months Destiny in particular, as a way of coping with my own darkness. As someone who has suffered for two decades to fear and depression, I really feel for anyone who is struggling inside, for whatever reason. Keep shooting shit in the face and I hope that the days of hardship are soon over and you can move on in life. :)

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Yeah I'm back down to 15 coins per week as far as Weeklies go and only 1 Nightfall. Honestly, I might just grind up another Warlock and gear swap rather than try to level my Hunter.

Anyone leveling a low level alt?
today yeah, lol.

my two other characters are at a sliver of leveling up their Vanguard, Cucible and Cryptarch rep that I'm holding onto a mountain of bounties to submit on Tuesday

so, I will prop up a 3rd character (level 2) today just for the fuck of it

Bungie continues to disappoint with their changes. Seriously, NO BETTER REWARDS?! Not even a glimmer of hope that good information will come out tomorrow, such as backtracking the exotic progress reset. Time to Bungee jump away from that fantasy. They still got me at the ankles though, that's the problem. For now. Let's see how much this DLC keeps that hold.

EL CUCO

I was watching Dattos PSX footage of PVP with No Land Beyond. I know it wasn't upgraded but that weapon looks terribad.

realcZk

I was watching Dattos PSX footage of PVP with No Land Beyond. I know it wasn't upgraded but that weapon looks terribad.

It looked like you could animation-cancel the slow bolt-action reload between shots by double tapping triangle to switch to/from weapon. Definitely doing this if it works.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
For a second I though the nerfed the spawning of mobs at the Venus Loot Door, thank fuck it was just an anomaly, KTO and back fixed it, phew

Was my go to spot for Cleansing Light bounty (Kill 3 enemies with Super, 20 times)

hydruxo

I really don't think it'll take anywhere near as long to beat Crota's End as it did for people to beat VoG first time around (10 hours +).

1) People have better weapons and gear than they did when VoG first came out
2) Everyone is more accustomed to the mechanics in VoG, and while I'm sure CE will have plenty new mechanics, people will be more prepared.

I'd say 5 or 6 hours max for the first group to beat it.

I think there will be new mechanics but I also think bungie are going to spam/spawn a LOT more adds....

I think they want it to take a couple of hours ONCE everything is figured out AND everyone has the upgraded raid weapons...

For a second I though the nerfed the spawning of mobs at the Venus Loot Door, thank fuck it was just an anomaly, KTO and back fixed it, phew

Was my go to spot for Cleansing Light bounty (Kill 3 enemies with Super, 20 times)
Wait... where is this? Because I skip over that bounty all the time ever since they got rid of the hive majors in the shrine of oryx mission.

I think there will be new mechanics but I also think bungie are going to spam/spawn a LOT more adds....

I think they want it to take a couple of hours ONCE everything is figured out AND everyone has the upgraded raid weapons...

I can already see the waves and waves of Thralls :( Not to mention the Wizards who will SPAM the shit out of you with those bolts of energy, even after you're dead. Truly rage-inducing.

Frenden

Banned
Yeah I'm back down to 15 coins per week as far as Weeklies go and only 1 Nightfall. Honestly, I might just grind up another Warlock and gear swap rather than try to level my Hunter.

My two highest level characters are Warlock and Hunter and I'm tempted to nuke my Titan to dupe. The new rexurbished exotic coin grind kinda leaves my Titan in the dust.

Which sucks, too. I was just starting to understand why they're so great for PVE. But I have two 30s and he's a 26. So...

Ugh.

GraveRobberX

Where is the Venus Loot Door?

Just as you drop down to Patrol, go right, towards the City area
All the way back to the far cliff area is a building which you use in the first mission to locate the Vex

Over there is a Servitor + 3 Vandals + 3 Dregs await
Once you kill them, leave through the side door and jump on it's outted framed edge
Now jump, watch out for the building outcrop that is a little extended,you almost have to sideways jump
They respawn
Now repeat, it takes less than 5 seconds for them to respawn

You can get at least 2-3 Super every few minutes, takes roughly 20 minutes of filling and using Super to net you the bounty
Also you get roughly 10-15 Uncommons, 5 +Rare, Maybe a Legendary (Not a Guarantee)

I remember hearing that if you get a faction rank to 5 or so you get a shader in the mail, but I honestly don't remember.

You can still get rewards from other factions, I just choose to stick with dark orbit with my titan because i'm already at level 4, my warlock has vanguard though.

Annoyingly to buy dead orbit stuff you need crucibe marks and since my vanguard is so low on my titan, up until last week the vanguard points went to waste but now I just use them for materials.

It makes no sense to require crucible marks in order to buy stuff from the 3 factions when you get rep for them while doing vanguard missions. I think it might be something that they left in from before where allegedly the crucible was supposed to be a war between the factions. Now it's a simulator.

Steroyd

This post and your username just killed me, and it's one of those guilty laughs because you've fallen victim to dat grind plus wasted resources.

GraveRobberX

Why do I have thisfeeling they added an Insta-Kill if you mess up a mechanic
I'm talking, hit the wrong portals or some mechanic, a Gorgonish Ogre comes crashing down Titan Death from Above style lol, time yo' Jump right, survive, if not, death cometh

Just as you drop down to Patrol, go right, towards the City area
All the way back to the far cliff area is a building which you use in the first mission to locate the Vex

Over there is a Servitor + 3 Vandals + 3 Dregs await
Once you kill them, leave through the side door and jump on it's outted framed edge
Now jump, watch out for the building outcrop that is a little extended,you almost have to sideways jump
They respawn
Now repeat, it takes less than 5 seconds for them to respawn

You can get at least 2-3 Super every few minutes, takes roughly 20 minutes of filling and using Super to net you the bounty
Also you get roughly 10-15 Uncommons, 5 +Rare, Maybe a Legendary (Not a Guarantee)

That might be good for glimmer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom