• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Just as you drop down to Patrol, go right, towards the City area
All the way back to the far cliff area is a building which you use in the first mission to locate the Vex

Over there is a Servitor + 3 Vandals + 3 Dregs await
Once you kill them, leave through the side door and jump on it's outted framed edge
Now jump, watch out for the building outcrop that is a little extended,you almost have to sideways jump
They respawn
Now repeat, it takes less than 5 seconds for them to respawn

You can get at least 2-3 Super every few minutes, takes roughly 20 minutes of filling and using Super to net you the bounty
Also you get roughly 10-15 Uncommons, 5 +Rare, Maybe a Legendary (Not a Guarantee)

Oh Thanks! Yeah I usually just skipped that bounty... maybe I'll do it more often now. lol

Atkison04

Bungie continues to disappoint with their changes. Seriously, NO BETTER REWARDS?! Not even a glimmer of hope that good information will come out tomorrow, such as backtracking the exotic progress reset. Time to Bungee jump away from that fantasy. They still got me at the ankles though, that's the problem. For now. Let's see how much this DLC keeps that hold.

I figured they would have increased rewards at least a little bit to compensate for the higher difficulty. Oh well, I'm excited for the dlc to hit tomorrow! I can't wait to read all about it tomorrow at work and then check it out tomorrow evening. Bring on those raid videos too guys! I want to see what I'm in store for before I go in!

Do you think you could do the Crota raid with us? We're planning on doing it like 3 hours after the reset.

Can't, I posted earlier that dlc is region locked and since I have digital guardian edition, I can't play expansion with a different region disc.

I'll have to download the full game from psn or get a region 1 disc and that's not possible right now :(

Made a similar post in the Crota thread, but I still need people who'll be ready for the Crota Raid later tonight

Crota's End Blind Raid (Tuesday at 4am EST) (PS4)

1. Me (Level 30 Hunter) (Lazykarl24)
2. westtrade (Level 30 Titan)
3. DJ Lushious (Level 30 Titan) (DJ_Lushious)
4. Wired All Wrong (Level 30 Hunter) (MrJellyBean)

Reserves

Let me know if you want in

updated. need three more.people

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh Thanks! Yeah I usually just skipped that bounty... maybe I'll do it more often now. lol

Yeah most bounties have a place to do them, just have to work out how to maximize proficiency
For that Venus Loot Door, I use a Rocket from a Launcher and it fills me half way, then I drop a grenade and it fills me up with super
Then I use Super, then go back to RL, then start the cycle over,you get so many ammo packs to replenish, once in a blue moon it will get stingy with Heavy ammo, but not really hard to pop one of your own

It takes 3 Spawn to net you 1 Super finisher to the bounty, roughly 45 seconds of work
Should roughly be 13-15 minutes +5 minutes of disruption (it's bound to happen, trust me)
People can come cock-block your spawning if they are on amission or checking for chest or w/e the fuck they are doing there (sightseeing?)

That might be good for glimmer too!

Yeah if you are hurting for it, I'm always flushed with Glimmer from doing so much shit, that I hit cap easily without thinking about it, 3 characters rolled on a daily basis nets you made stuff

Kade

Realized I haven't even done Vault of Glass yet and I'm still only 27. :/

I'll need to start gearing up for Crota's End and DLC content.

spyder_ur

Just as you drop down to Patrol, go right, towards the City area
All the way back to the far cliff area is a building which you use in the first mission to locate the Vex

Over there is a Servitor + 3 Vandals + 3 Dregs await
Once you kill them, leave through the side door and jump on it's outted framed edge
Now jump, watch out for the building outcrop that is a little extended,you almost have to sideways jump
They respawn
Now repeat, it takes less than 5 seconds for them to respawn

You can get at least 2-3 Super every few minutes, takes roughly 20 minutes of filling and using Super to net you the bounty
Also you get roughly 10-15 Uncommons, 5 +Rare, Maybe a Legendary (Not a Guarantee)

It's my go-to spot for clearing the super bounty, it's also great for the fusion bounty, melee or even the 9000 EXP bounties.

E92 M3

Yeah. No crit damage makes it pretty much useless for bosses so it is really only effective for clearing out trash mobs. Guess that isn't unique to hunters, but hunters are the only class that has BOTH subclasses with a super effectively useless against bosses and not insanely effective elsewhere either.

Fist of Havoc is an effective group clearing super, and Ward of Dawn is a must have utility.

Radiance allowing the player to come back to life can be make or break in encounters, and Nova Bomb is a massive AoE damage dealer.

Golden gun? Knock out a few trash mobs. Bladedancer? Have fun getting pimp slapped.

Relative to the nova bomb and titan smash it's ridiculously underpowered in PVE. They should just buff it. It's already a one hit kill in PVP so it wouldn't make a different there

Yep guys, Bungie needs to seriously look at Golden Gun. Hopefully they will.

forrest

formerly nacire
Ace_Konosuke was hopping into your game to help. You guys finished pretty much right after I joined. Just wanted to say thanks!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It's my go-to spot for clearing the super bounty, it's also great for the fusion bounty, melee or even the 9000 EXP bounties.

9000 XP one can be finished hella fast with Daily Heroic 28, now 30
W/e you earn + 7500 XP, just don't die, which most don't cause we've played these missions at least 30+ times each

Fusion Bounty if you have Vex or Pocket Infinity is better to do on the Steppes in the Earth Loot Door, that Ware house that has 4 Vandals and 3 Dregs that come up the stairs, same area where we do Mission #2 and have to scan the map of Old Russia, that warehouse, they spawn hella fast there, no servitor chewing up ammo, and get 3 Overcharge count every 15 seconds, 3-5 with delay from randoms/passer-bys

Damn I hate doing the sniper headshot bounty. I think I might stop doing it.

Oh and how the hell do you get a fusion rifle spree? I don't think I'm ever doing this bounty. I killed at least 5 guys in one life and nothing happened. Unless getting a kill with my grenade disrupted it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
RNGesus, thank you. Random legendary helmet engram just got my Hunter to Level 27, ready to be carried through Weeklies and Nightfalls once again.

I didn't even know that engram was in my inventory.

Can we add a famous last words section to the OP?

yours...not mine.

Damn I hate doing the sniper headshot bounty. I think I might stop doing it.

Oh and how the hell do you get a fusion rifle spree? I don't think I'm ever doing this bounty. I killed at least 5 guys in one life and nothing happened. Unless getting a kill with my grenade disrupted it.

IIRC it's three kills without reloading in a single life.

EL CUCO

Question to our resident Flawless Raiders: If you have to wipe (which hopefully we wont...), how do you restart the Raid? I haven't seen an option to "Restart" when selecting your destination. Hell, it doesn't even work properly for regular story missions.

How do you bypass the checkpoint that would be saved on everyone's game?

spyder_ur

9000 XP one can be finished hella fast with Daily Heroic 28, now 30
W/e you earn + 7500 XP, just don't die, which most don't cause we've played these missions at least 30+ times each

Fusion Bounty if you have Vex or Pocket Infinity is better to do on the Steppes in the Earth Loot Door, that Ware house that has 4 Vandals and 3 Dregs that come up the stairs, same area where we do Mission #2 and have to scan the map of Old Russia, that warehouse, they spawn hella fast there, no servitor chewing up ammo, and get 3 Overcharge count every 15 seconds, 3-5 with delay from randoms/passer-bys

Yup, those are all good. Today has Venus Patrol bounty, fusion rifle bounty, melee bounty and super bounty. You can work on all of those at that Venus spawn point. Once you get the timing down it's great. The Dregs and Vandals run right out the door - you can sometimes do 2 double-fusion kills in one go, then your super is charged up and you can use that. Rinse and repeat for those of us stacking bounties for tomorrow.

I still sometime die during the daily (especially now since it's 30) so I use patrol for 9000 EXP.

Deku Tree

Question to our resident Flawless Raiders: If you have to wipe (which hopefully we wont...), how do you restart the Raid? I haven't seen an option to "Restart" when selecting your destination. Hell, it doesn't even work properly for regular story missions.

How do you bypass the checkpoint that would be saved on everyone's game?

You hold the box button instead of the x button. Before you load the RAID it should ask you if you really want to start over... if it doesn't ask you that question then you did it wrong. It's exactly like when you go to start a story mission from the beginning instead of from your checkpoint.

LordofPwn

LOOKING FOR A BLIND CROTA'S END RAID GROUP FOR TUESDAY DECEMBER 9TH @3:30PM PST / 11:30PM GMT ON PS4
t1418167800z4.png

Because some of us have to work I'd like to get a group together for doing this after i get home from work tomorrow. it's a perfect timeslot for other's in the midwest and even those on the east coast that would like to do some of the story missions before hand.

Anyways let's fill it up!

1. LordofPwn - lvl 30 Sunsinger (G-Horn, IB, FB, Vex, etc.)
2. DairyZeus - lvl 30 Defender (Hawk, IB, ThunderLord, Vex, etc)
3. rodiard - rNilla
4. The Mango Sentinel - EyelessOrphan
5. DarrylMR - Darryl_M_R - lvl 30 HUnter
6. OPEN

Alt 1. OPEN
Alt 2. OPEN
Alt 3. OPEN

Estimated runtime of 4 Hours
Still looking for some participants and alts. Be Brave. Become Legend.

spyder_ur

I only really have one question I really want to know the answer to. Might've come up here but if so I missed it.

What is the starting and end light levels of vanguard/vendor gear? Trying to figure out if it's realistic to get to 30 tomorrow.

Posting once more in case anyone knows.

spyder_ur

You hold the box button instead of the x button. Before you load the RAID it should ask you if you really want to start over... if it doesn't ask you that question then you did it wrong. It's exactly like when you go to start a story mission from the beginning instead of from your checkpoint.

Wait what? So square instead of X? I hate getting checkpointed when I am going after a target for a bounty.

R0ckman

What's a Hive raid without the most potentially annoying enemy in the game!

It's hard to beat Minotaurs for this award, no weak points (WTF?), can run at you and teleport in the same sequence, teleport distance is insane, lots of damn health in yellow. Their only weakness is the damn horn.

EL CUCO

I guess my memory is poor. I dont remember seeing the square button option for Raids. Even though I have seen the option for standard missions, I for sure know it hasn't worked for me during them...unless I've been doing something wrong :/

RemiLP

IF u awake the hive, you can finish it in 1 or 2 ddeats with pocket infinity. And if u leave there, you will start at the same place when starting the mission again next time.

Deku Tree

Wait what? So square instead of X? I hate getting checkpointed when I am going after a target for a bounty.

Yes. And I hate that too.

I guess my memory is poor. I dont remember seeing the square button option for Raids. Even though I have seen the option for standard missions, I for sure know it hasn't worked for me during them...unless I've been doing something wrong :/

Yes it shows up if you have a raid checkpoint. I think you have to press square both when you select the raid on the map and then also again when you are pressing the button to start the mission. If I do that then it works for me.

It's hard to beat Minotaurs for this award, no weak points (WTF?), can run at you and teleport in the same sequence, teleport distance is insane, lots of damn health in yellow. Their only weakness is the damn horn.

They start hunching over and cowering when they get stuck with a grenade. The magnetic greande is especially effective, after that just use an MG like the CM and they'll go down pretty quick.

Them getting all their health back is the real BS and that's mostly due to lag.

R0ckman

It would be so damn funny if the new raid was just a slightly altered version of VoG with hive elements pasted and molded in. I would be angry but just bust out in laughter as I mentally broke down.

EL CUCO

Yes. And I hate that too.

Yes it shows up if you have a raid checkpoint. I think you have to press square both when you select the raid on the map and then also again when you are pressing the button to start the mission. If I do that then it works for me.

Ahh that could be it. I definitely remember hitting square at the first prompt, but then X to start. That's probably what is.

Nodnol

For once I'm not moaning about picking up a duplicate Exotic Bounty. Invective is simple, so I'll shard the old one and replace it with the higher Attack version.

gdt

It just occurred to me that we are getting one more announced raid. Then Comet is coming in the fall of 15. So hopefully that has two raids. One Cabal one and then another raid where it's more of defending the last city from an attack from all of the enemy races. That would be badass and inject some kind of narrative into the story.

realcZk

It just occurred to me that we are getting one more announced raid. Then Comet is coming in the fall of 15. So hopefully that has two raids. One Cabal one and then another raid where it's more of defending the last city from an attack from all of the enemy races. That would be badass and inject some kind of narrative into the story.

im hoping for some more best-in-slot godlike gg playstation exclusive weapons

nDKiUlD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom