• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

We all know Destiny lacks any substance from a story perspective, but I hope they at least explain why Eris has the eyes of a Hive Knight.

i think she's a hunter that was wearing the mask of the third man but survived a hive explosion that fused the top half of the helmet to her face

SnakeEyes

Banned
>Everyday Math regrets missing The Last Word from Xur

>Says famous "last words" before blowing herself up with a gjallarhorn

>Gets The Last Word from Atheon

GG
Oh lawdy, Math...

ITS ALMOST HERE! You ready?!

2epHBS3.jpg
Goddamn, how'd you score that?!

PuMa

shotguns are fine. Invective does a good job providing an "so you wanna run an exotic shotgun?!" niche. Found Verdict beats it and frees up your exotic slot.

Not shotguns. One shotgun.

Found verdict is mostly my go-to. FV and Invective have almost the same exact range, but yeah, freeing up an exotic is nice.

I still have to be right up in someone's face to get a one-shot kill though. Range complaints on shotguns are overstated IMO.

Just had my first ever Legendary engram drop from a grunt. Gauntlets. Usually they have been end if mission rewards. Saving for tomorrow.

I really don't have a problem with Thorn. Afterall it sucks going up against team of Last Words too.

Found Verdict and Plan C need a nerf in PvP though. Those are my main two right now.

most people spam TLW and miss, and you usually have to reload after each kill.

Thorn takes 2-3 shots that suppress your target, and it's ridiculously accurate even across the map.

Ambitious

We all know Destiny lacks any substance from a story perspective, but I hope they at least explain why Eris has the eyes of a Hive Knight.

My guess is that they're a disguise. That's probably how she was able to flee from the Hellmouth. Maybe the Hive's eyes aren't sophisticated enough to perceive that she's just a human.

FyreWulff

Surprised they have not fixed that yet, been annoying me since launch.

Just extend the visible lines bungie!

They probably will eventually.

Or maybe it's like that to support 480p output. I don't think I've seen Destiny in SD yet.

Now I'm tempted to hook Destiny up to the remaining SDTV in this house and see how it looks.

E92 M3

facing a team exploiting thorn isn't fun

Yes, I know - but the bullshit match is not worth sacrifice of Thorn. They won't just nerf PVP; it will be PVE as well. Now, if they could balance weapons separately, it would be a whole different story. Destiny PVP is supposed to be crazy and fun. Right now I think the weapon variety is perfect. Everyone is doing their own thing.

MADGAME

I always thought those were the eyes of a wizard.
I believe the Wizard's eyes are a bit different

i think she's a hunter that was wearing the mask of the third man but survived a hive explosion that fused the top half of the helmet to her face
Ooh I hadn't thought of the third mask. The gooey dark stuff under her eyes could be from that or maybe some dark Hive Ritual she escaped from.

My guess is that they're a disguise. That's probably how she was able to flee from the Hellmouth. Maybe the Hive's eyes aren't sophisticated enough to perceive that she's just a human.
So what's up with the black Hive goo around her eyes then? Black Wax Idol superglue? I hope they explain this!

To see Paul McCartney better
Yeah I refuse to watch that. Is it horrid? Speaking of horrid, I wonder how bad new Dinklebot lines are going to be...hope we get some more classics.

realcZk

keep this man away from any writer job openings at bungie :p

more realistically i bet she performed improvised hive-human transplant surgery, inserting hive eyes into her skull, giving her the ability to see in the dark below, the darkness bleeds out of her

we know eris survived underground for many years before coming out to seek help, she likely needed a way to see down there in the dark

but shes totally a hunter

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
IF u awake the hive, you can finish it in 1 or 2 ddeats with pocket infinity. And if u leave there, you will start at the same place when starting the mission again next time.

Yes, but I like doing it in Public Time Events area, get to abuse those in the process ^_^

i wish i could find the post from a few months ago where i mentioned that anything other than a reload increase would break Thorn in PvP.

6 rounds is the balance for its DoT, range, accuracy and stability the same way 8 rounds is the balance for TLW's kill time and poor range and 13 rounds is the balance for Hawkmoon by limiting your chance for the random bullets to 23%.

Will probably be ignored though while Bungie nerfs weapons that were perfectly fine like Fatebringer

EL CUCO

I saw the news articles regarding that new music video. I don't want to watch it, for fear of hating Destiny forever afterwards.

Yeah I refuse to watch that. Is it horrid? Speaking of horrid, I wonder how bad new Dinklebot lines are going to be...hope we get some more classics.
After watching, I felt like I've been marked by the Void that only a bullet to the head can cleanse.

BokehKing

Banned
If RNGesus blesses you with new 30 legendary gear quickly, you'll still need shards/energy to level it all. You'll need 4 pieces to hit 30 (I assume since that's the deal with raid gear). So assuming the numbers match up, you'll need 7x3 for each piece. Or you can use commendations to buy the new legendary stuff, but still need the shards to get to 30. I hope you've been saving up.
Ugh no... I got sidetracked by other games
I need to run the raid tonight, and find people to do it

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's really fucking stupid that they nerfed invective. While it's still a good shotgun, I no longer have a reason to use it over Found Verdict.
whoa what, how did they do that?

honestly plan c and found verdict are the only nerfs I would be comfortable with. I was warning you all about Thorn in like OT4, and its godkiller status is what we got. I'd prefer to adjust to this rather than risk it being nerfed to its "in-betweener" state with the lesser DoT or something.

LordofPwn

It's as if a high school student loved destiny and needed to make a music video for a creative writing project. Their dad happened to know Paul and that Paul owed him a favor. Grabbed the first freelancer with a green screen, and dropboxed the footage to the kid. who then downloaded a trial version of Sony Vegas and got the whole thing done during the PSN login failure last night.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's as if a high school student loved destiny and needed to make a music video for a creative writing project. Their dad happened to know Paul and that Paul owed him a favor. Grabbed the first freelancer with a green screen, and dropboxed the footage to the kid. who then downloaded a trial version of Sony Vegas and got the whole thing done during the PSN login failure last night.
spot on

i hope my internet doesn't suck tomorrow. for some reason i'm only getting 300 kb down and 700 kb up. i'm using an ethernet cable plugged up to my cable box and it's supposed to give me at least 12mb down.

MADGAME

Haha, perfect. Add in some interpretive dance for good measure and I'm sold.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My good deed of the day was doing the weekly and telling a random person to just follow behind me while I do all the killing. Person was only level 22 and ended up getting some engrams and strange coin.

Is Eris an awoken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom