• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully in the future Bungie lets us access our vault from orbit. I mean...it only makes sense that you'd have a vault of weapons and armor on your ship right? Also, it's baffling to me that they haven't let us upgrade our vault with motes of light or something. I'm kinda tired of having to sign in and out of my alts and main to get items. Really no reason to not let us upgrade our vault for more space.

Yeah a nice in Orbit character and vault UI would be amazing. Having to log out and in and then orbit then tower, then vault then log out then orbit then tower, then vault, for 3 characters is the epitome of tedium.

EL CUCO

Got Universal Remote as a reward after running about 10 of the Vanguard Tiger strikes.

Gjallarhorn is getting closer, I could feel it's warmth pressed against my shoulder.

Deafmdeal tells me there may still be a spot open, so I'm happy to help.

Indeed!

grimlock33's spot is open for sure, so you can take it. Still waiting on gunawi for confirmation, but regardless the open spot is yours. I will add you to the group PSN message I sent the other day sometime today.

Send me a PM or reply with your PSN ID!

GG DeathJr and company, bumpy in some places, but those fucking glitches were striking us really hard...it was a pity that some people had to leave, oh well, we definitely should hang out again, so you can laugh at my poor atempt at speaking english and finally kick Atheon´s sorry ass together.

I hope that tomorrow Xür brings ballerhorns for everyone, the more the better!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hope Xur helps me by giving me something to deal with the oracles faster. That's my only problem right now. My heavy and special ammo are reserved for Atheon and I need a better primary.

I am not American, I live in Canada, but given it is your Thanksgiving I want to give thanks to a great NeoGaf community of Guardians! No matter where you live in the world!

I have made some great friends here, had amazing times, and in my opinion the VoG was my gaming experience of the year, and none of it would have been possible without all of you!

19azs3nk315qijpg.jpg

Someone needs to make that picture but with Guardians ASAP!

I hope Xur helps me by giving me something to deal with the oracles faster. That's my only problem right now. My heavy and special ammo are reserved for Atheon and I need a better primary.

Fully leveled Vision of Confluence or Atheon's Epilogue are your friend here. Otherwise you need something with a high rate of fire to get them as soon as they spawn, as their health increases the longer they stay alive.

Rixa

Time to test my new glorious Vex Mythoclast
by remote playing with Vita from living room
. Also time to raise my newly aqcuired armors :).

Edit: Also I need to fo NF o_O

phen0m24

Fully leveled Vision of Confluence or Atheon's Epilogue are your friend here. Otherwise you need something with a high rate of fire to get them as soon as they spawn, as their health increases the longer they stay alive.

This.

Especially the latter point. If you can hit the oracles as soon as they spawn, even as a 29 (on hard) they drop pretty quickly.

Still want a VoC

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Are they raid only? Anybody ever get them for non-raid drops? Hope Xur sells one of them then.

Even though I'm a hard raid newbie. I was still doing the most damage to Atheon with my maxed out Horn and void Final boss.

milkham

Are they raid only? Anybody ever get them for non-raid drops? Hope Xur sells one of them then.

Even though I'm a hard raid newbie. I was still doing the most damage to Atheon with my maxed out Horn and void Final boss.

yeah epilogue and vision of confluence are raid drops only, and they are legendaries, not exotics so xur wont sell them. they drop in normal raid also so keep at it

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks Byron :) Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Guardian-Americans!

Still need 1 for newbie normal raid tonight at 9:15PM EST, if anyone wants in!

No Xur has and likely will never sell raid exclusive gear, that would make the disdain for his selling of rare wares even more paramount.

You can only get them in the raid, and I can guarantee it will be the same for all the raid gear in The Dark Below.

However, I am sure the weapons and armour that everyone will get whether or not they get The Dark Below will likely rotate with Xur.

phen0m24

Both raid only, yes

Edit: beaten and beaten handily hehe

No Xur has and likely will never sell raid exclusive gear, that would make the disdain for his selling of rare wares even more paramount.

You can only get them in the raid, and I can guarantee it will be the same for all the raid gear in The Dark Below.

However, I am sure the weapons and armour that everyone will get whether or not they get The Dark Below will likely rotate with Xur.

How would selling "Dark Below" gear work though? I doubt he will be selling gear from the expansion

So that just means you can aim better than people. I shit on people with AE because people are bad at this game. Doesn't mean that the gun is good for PvP.

CM is my go to HM for PvP.

It absolutely wrecks. Slap that stability upgrade on it instead of mag size and the thing is all about that PEW PEW PEW LAZORS.

Don't need the mag upgrade if you're clever when to reload and when not to.

Suros is a good non raid option, but won't work if you want to use the G-Horn. Personally, I'd run some more normal raids to get AE if you can't give up GHorn. Also, don't rule out your special, heavy, and super for the Oracles. It's nice to have them at Atheon, but if you can't throw some weight at the O's you won't even get to him. You have five other guys pounding on him with you, you can afford to burn some ammo on the O's to get you there.

Zakalwe

Banned
CM is my go to HM for PvP.

It absolutely wrecks. Slap that stability upgrade on it instead of mag size and the thing is all about that PEW PEW PEW LAZORS.

Don't need the mag upgrade if you're clever when to reload and when not to.

It's super stable anyway, extra stability is a bit pointless imo.

Persistence on a 100 round clip is incredible.

How would selling "Dark Below" gear work though? I doubt he will be selling gear from the expansion

Sorry if I didn't make sense, I meant he WON'T sell The Dark Below gear, but Bungie has said that they are going to be adding a bunch of new gear for everyone when the expansion launches, and that gear will likely be randomly dropped or sold by Xur.

Raid gear will always be raid only.

phen0m24

Sorry if I didn't make sense, I meant he WON'T sell The Dark Below gear, but Bungie has said that they are going to be adding a bunch of new gear for everyone when the expansion launches, and that gear will likely be randomly dropped or sold by Xur.

If only you could trade dups for gear.

Yes that's for sure

If only you could trade dups for gear.

I've dismantled all of my dips due to a lack of vault space so if they implement some kind of trading economy for dups I'll ne pissed

It's super stable anyway, extra stability is a bit pointless imo.

Persistence on a 100 round clip is incredible.

Yeah I get that. I've just found that having a shorter clip for me personally makes me more conscious about wasting my ammo for it.

Otherwise I end up going all Rambo guns blazing and dying after 2 kills :p

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah I get that. I've just found that having a shorter clip for me personally makes me more conscious about wasting my ammo for it.

Otherwise I end up going all Rambo guns blazing and dying after 2 kills :p

Heh, yeh. Most of my deaths when I'm loaded on CM ammo are for that exact reason.

A Machine Lord spree is probably the most satisfying thing in pvp for me.

Just finished! Awesome time guys. Gatekeepers were a bit of a brick wall but the rest was pretty smooth.

Got my 3rd VEX and.... FINNALY FATEBRINGER!!!!!!!!!!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Looks like we have a few looking for a hard raid, I can bring my 30 sunsinger, only need aethon but don't mind doing a full clear. PS4 = Qwell

I'll join in if you guys are going to. I haven't had one worthy drop yet. I think I'm due.

Lima

Okay I just have to share this story.

My friend, let's call him Frank always gets his ass carried through the hard raid by us. No problem I'm glad to help him and it's no big deal since he only has one character, a Titan.

Today though I couldn't believe what he said. He usually gets at least one piece of raid gear during a run and he was surprised that these new boots have intellect on it. He actually thought that Titans could only get raid gear with strength on it (fits the class yada yada) since all his pieces have strength only on them. What he did was he dismantled all the extra pieces he got immediately without even looking at the stats.

You can't even imagine the look on my face. The whole lobby started laughing.

Frank you know you are and I know you read Gaf. This is exactly the reason why you are not party of my regular raid crew. You don't know the most basic shit about this game despite playing it since release. I'm not even going to mention that one time you tried to finish Atheon with Fist of Havoc and failed miserably.

Okay I just have to share this story.

My friend, let's call him Frank always gets his ass carried through the hard raid by us. No problem I'm glad to help him and it's no big deal since he only has one character, a Titan.

Today though I couldn't believe what he said. He usually gets at least one piece of raid gear during a run and he was surprised that these new boots have intellect on it. He actually thought that Titans could only get raid gear with strength on it (fits the class yada yada) since all his pieces have strength only on them. What he did was he dismantled all the extra pieces he got immediately without even looking at the stats.

You can't even imagine the look on my face. The whole lobby started laughing.

Frank you know you are and I know you read Gaf. This is exactly the reason why you are not party of my regular raid crew. You don't know the most basic shit about this game despite playing it since release. I'm not even going to mention that one time you tried to finish Atheon with Fist of Havoc and failed miserably.

Dont care about the rest, but that part was hillarious.

Thanks for the raid guys. Fun game. We got there in the end.

Can any kind soul help me kill Xyor please?

I'm at the boss part now so don't have to do the rest. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom