• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, being banned made it so frustrating to play Destiny. Couldn't find enough fireteams for Raids and Strikes. I used the PS4's messaging system like crazy!

However, thanks to some great people from DestinyGAF I've managed to get the Flawless Raider trophy. It's a shame I wasn't there to show it off when I got it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Man, being banned made it so frustrating to play Destiny. Couldn't find enough fireteams for Raids and Strikes. I used the PS4's messaging system like crazy!

Knowing how much I rely on this thread, I wonder what it's like for the average gamer playing alone. Must be a very solitary experience.

As if I didn't get enough RNG love. He has blessed me with The Last Word. I think the game is broken. Going for 3 attempts on Mythoclast this weekend. Wish me luck.

Steroyd

Fuck you Skirmish and fuck playing with Radoms HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Got the comeback medal, what a rush.

9RA8Xng.jpg

ZbMHJJ7.jpg

Even had one from my team bail out at one point, and someone else joined.

Couldn't have done it without my Hunter and the Exotic Gauntlet, because for the whole match I had to play Metal Gear Solid Tactical Espionage Action for the whole match, dropping tripmines, luring them my way, finishing them off with my Last Word while my teammates where just feeding them points throughout holy shit.

I can't do PvP with any other class than my hunter now, I straight up sucked ass yesterday, it just doesn't feel right anymore. :/

Qwell

I'll join in if you guys are going to. I haven't had one worthy drop yet. I think I'm due.
Ended up finding a pickup on destinylfg ... got my 3rd Vex and umpteenth timebreaker. Sorry man, I still have a few hours so if anyone needs help with the raid, normal or hard hit me up once you are down to just needing 1. Still leveling up some Fatebringers.

So next week is the last time we will be running the VoG. Don't know how that makes me feel.

Why would it be the last week? Unless shards and energy are going to be obsolete I don't see why I would stop running it

Edit** I also still need the Vex Mythoclast and the Timepiece

matmanx1

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Any takers on Xur tomorrow?

What I want: Helm of Saint-14. As far as weapons any exotic that I don't already have would be fine with me but obviously something like an Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn would be preferred.
or Red Death

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Any takers on Xur tomorrow?

What I want: Helm of Saint-14. As far as weapons any exotic that I don't already have would be fine with me but obviously something like an Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn would be preferred.
or Red Death

I'd be happy with Red Death or Gjallarhorn since those two and the Vex are the only weapons I still need. I would also take any titan helmet that is not Saint 14

i'd rock chain of woe and gunslinger's trance if i didn't depend on throwing knives so much. 1 shot with a hand cannon + throwing knife is the most satisfying thing ever.

Deku Tree

However, thanks to some great people from DestinyGAF I've managed to get the Flawless Raider trophy. It's a shame I wasn't there to show it off when I got it.

Congrats on the flawless!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ended up finding a pickup on destinylfg ... got my 3rd Vex and umpteenth timebreaker. Sorry man, I still have a few hours so if anyone needs help with the raid, normal or hard hit me up once you are down to just needing 1. Still leveling up some Fatebringers.

Well if you get another group let me know. I still have the checkpoint. Working on my alt and Thanksgiving stuff in the mean time. Anyway. Happy Thanksgiving Destiny GAF.

Ha. In the last 2 weeks i've bought Sunset Overdrive, GTA V, AC Unity, and Halo MCC.

I've only played Destiny the entire time.
Yeah I still have a few RPGs I stated in the summer, bought GTA V, Akiba's trip, Valkyria chronicles and a Xbox one ass creed bundle. But will prob end up playing destiny since the dlc is coming out.

***EDIT - FULL ***

Alright, I THINK that I will be able to get my raid on tonight.

The children will be nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of Guardians dance in their heads.

Mama will be out Black Friday shopping so no long winter's nap for me,
I want to drink beer and shoot Atheon in the face.

9:15 pm east coast
Hard Mode
Bring your A game
because with any luck I'll be lit and need you to carry me.
I have an Oracle/Templar checkpoint, but I'm down with rolling fresh if everyone wants a nice easy warm up.

Noobs are fine, but expect to be made fun of. If every raid was happy fun land, Hawkian's newb friendly raid would be redundant.

Santa's coming to town, who will be the five ass kicking reindeer?

P.S. Don't be surprised if we clear it fast to be asked to run through again on an alt.

phen0m24

Dearest GAF:

Thank you for this community. I am thankful for:

Hawkian's guides. Set me on the path to
gotta collect them all
30. ;) Also thankful for his raid crew, which took me on as an alt and let me cut my teeth with them despite not knowing left from right. Lol

Thankful for Vibrations
and Gen Hof!
, who kindly shepherded me through a Nightfall and was happy for me when I got that exotic drop.
Praxic Fire is awesome

Thankful for sandboxgod and dwins45 who hopped on that time I got my 25 to the 28 Phogoth and I had no idea what to do!

Thankful for deafmedal, Comms, Harlan
my professor
Nicky420 and Anubis80, who combined have completed more weeklies and Nightfalls together than we care to admit. Lol and these guys put up with my Hank Hill imitations to a fault. And deaf steals kills with Fatebringer - let's just get this out there. Haha

Thankful for Scarletham and Co., who let me run with Hawkian this week after a few weeks of our Fun Runs. (TM). :)

TL;DR: Thankful for GAF and for the great games and new friends. Can't wait for the expansion.

phen0m24

Hard Mode
Bring your A game
I have an Oracle/Templar checkpoint, but I'm down with rolling fresh if everyone wants a nice easy warm up.

Noobs are fine, but expect to be made fun of. If every raid was happy fun land, Hawkian's newb friendly raid would be redundant.

1. Santa (PrivateWHudson)

P.S. Don't be surprised if we clear it fast to be asked to run through again on an alt.

Always down PWH. I should be home.

Hyun Sai

Hard Mode
Bring your A game

I'm ready to be laughed at ! Warlock 29, all usual suspects maxed (AE, VoC, IB, HV) except Gjalla.

PSN : Hyunsai

Always down PWH. I should be home.

Is the Christmas theme over the top? I'm working and missing the Turkey Day stuff, so I'm rolling right into Christmas with the Black Friday shopping stuff going down tonight. Santa did come to town during the Thanksgiving Day parade today right?

2. Colonel Phen0m

Hard Mode
Bring your A game

Lol I like it! I might be able to do this. Put me down as an alt for now. Don't wanna say I can, and can't in the end..

2. Colonel Phen0m
3. Hyunsai
7. Rudolph (iRawr)

Hyunsai...could you shoot me a FR if you get a chance? I can't send them from work. If you can't, I'll add you when I get home.

Edit: Added Dhruv. Looking like a solid line up! Edit2: Crap. Dhruv out. I think I owe you one for missing an invite Tuesday morning.

2. Colonel Phen0m
3. Hyunsai
7. Rudolph (iRawr)

Hyunsai...could you shoot me a FR if you get a chance? I can't send them from work. If you can't, I'll add you when I get home.

Edit: Crap, I failed to read the time again -.- Sorry PrivateWHudson, that'll be too late for me.

phen0m24

Lol I like it! I might be able to do this. Put me down as an alt for now. Don't wanna say I can, and can't in the end..

You may not abandon me, sensei. Especially if there's carrying to be done
(or pj's to be worn )
. Come on I want to see if we can do the Gorgon maze in 45 seconds or less lol

I'm always bragging on RAWR. Poor RAWR. That 25
PJ
run was the stuff of legend. :)

You may not abandon me, sensei. Especially if there's carrying to be done
(or pj's to be worn )
. Come on I want to see if we can do the Gorgon maze in 45 seconds or less lol

I'm always bragging on RAWR. Poor RAWR. That 25
PJ
run was the stuff of legend. :)