• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized - Crota's "End". He must lose at the end of the raid. Thanks for the game-breaking spoiler, Bungie.

:p

end (nd)
n.
1. Either extremity of something that has length: the end of the pier.

We're only gonna kill Crota's head. The rest of the body will be fought in the next DLC.

Sup'
6+ Commendations heading towards me:
vnUb52j.png

Working my ass off to get Hunter and Titan Crucible marks full

I chose to do just Vanguard and Crucible as I was worried factions may not give commendations.

If they do they will definitely be Crucible ones. Without the daily gold public event package maxing marks was a bitch this week.

Ok time to figure out my group for tomorrow.

CROTAS END 6 PM EST

1. Toddv360
2.twilight_gap?
3. fig?
4.nami?
5.errydaymath?
6.lik or afro?

Lizard Squad better not "hack" tomorrow. Does no one care about catching them?

I'd love to be a backup if someone isn't available or has to drop out.

dafuq did i miss out on?

Did a hard raid with those guys and my buddy came along, his PSN is El_Pollo. I'm not sure his exact ethnicity but he has a fairly strong Hispanic accent and tends to start singing/rapping off key and occasionally saying pseudo-nonsense, haha.

I've fallen so far behind the thread...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My alt is pretty close to crucible rank 3. Do I get a postmaster package at rank 3?

Yes, switch to another faction, Dead Orbit or New Monarchy or Future War Cult
This way you don't rank up and lose out on maybe a good item that will get re-rolled @ Reset

Every Faction starts giving you packages @ Rank 3+
Your first rewards are started at that point, then every rank you go up, you get another "gift"

Eric WK

I chose to do just Vanguard and Crucible as I was worried factions may not give commendations.

If they do they will definitely be Crucible ones. Without the daily gold public event package maxing marks was a bitch this week.

Yeah, there's been no confirmation or even hint that factions other then Vanguard and Crucible award commendations.

If anybody has information that shows otherwise, I'd love to see it.

Manp

this whole commendations bullshit makes no sense... aren't we already limited by weekly and overall mark caps? both of which are already quite low considering the cost of a gun from vendor is there in the middle of the two.
why even add another gate?!

i really don't understand

Strider

Sorry Rubenov and others in the crucible group earlier for my disconnect. Something important came up and I had to get off for a bit.

i'm free... overwhelmed what do i play

You play your WiiU! I'm terrible at Smash but I'm willing to play you online anytime. My bros King Dedede and Diddy Kong await the challenge.

Reroll restriction per week? Link!?

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below.

Starting December 9th, Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values

Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard

The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item

Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory

SnakeEyes

Banned
Reroll restriction per week? Link!?
Reddit thread, talking about the GameInformer article on the DLC.

"New Exotic Upgrading Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below. Starting December 9th, Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory"

Sullichin

Yes, switch to another faction, Dead Orbit or New Monarchy or Future War Cult
This way you don't rank up and lose out on maybe a good item that will get re-rolled @ Reset

Every Faction starts giving you packages @ Rank 3+
Your first rewards are started at that point, then every rank you go up, you get another "gift"
Thanks. I didn't remember if the packages started at 3 and I didn't want to waste my time leveling if I couldn't get a commendation/package anyway.

Lima

So Xur tommorrow!? WOO!!!

Also what is the max limit of ascended energy and shards can you hold?

And I don't see Ice Breaker or Vex upgrade options for xur in that picture :(

There is no max limit for shards or energy and no Xur will not be available tomorrow.

this whole commendations bullshit makes no sense... aren't we already limited by weekly and overall mark caps? both of which are already quite low considering the cost of a gun from vendor is there in the middle of the two.
why even add another gate?!

i really don't understand

It is to prevent the hard core from purchasing all their gear day 1.

If you look at it from the big picture. Yes, it is an annoying and arbitrary time/activity gate, but the overall time for a fresh character to level 30 is now significantly less. It acts like a deminishing return for longtime players, but a boon for the new. Just a way to squeeze the merit gap for new content

So Xur tommorrow!? WOO!!!

Also what is the max limit of ascended energy and shards can you hold?

And I don't see Ice Breaker or Vex upgrade options for xur in that picture :(

I'm not sure if he's coming tomorrow. The writing there is pretty ambiguous. I took it to mean, "After December 9th, Xur's weekend visits will allow a stat reroll." not "Xur will make a Tuesday visit".

Lima

It is to prevent the hard core from purchasing all their gear day 1.

If you look at it from the big picture. Yes, it is an annoying and arbitrary time/activity gate, but the overall time for a fresh character to level 30 is now significantly less. It acts like a deminishing return for longtime players, but a boon for the new. Just a way to squeeze the merit gap for new content

All of the things including the reset of your fully upgraded exotics is to stop the hardcore from getting too far ahead. That's why all these caps are in place and why they are even adding more.

Is there a way of checking the commendations or did I get unlucky? I levelled up my vanguard and saw no commendation or anything when I opened my package

Lima

He doesn't even have praxic fire or exotic chest engram on a mockup picture. This f'ing game.

I don't think that is a mockup picture. That is an ingame screen shot from his inventory that weekend when they beta tested the stuff. The picture was first used in the gameinformer article.

It says "starting December 9th" for Xur...

So? It's just worded badly. He will not be there on a Tuesday. Friday December 12th will be your first chance to re roll exotics.

todd360

I don't think that is a mockup picture. That is an ingame screen shot from his inventory that weekend when they beta tested the stuff. The picture was first used in the gameinformer article.

Yeah I know it isn't fake. I didn't know how else to describe it since it was a legit sale only we didn't have access to it.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Anyone up for a gatekeepers hard checkpoint on ps4? Still need a full team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom